Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

HERE COMES THE .. A.. x.. here comes.. the Smasher?

zhkem4S.jpg
Confirmed, The Ascension vs. Demolition at Wrestlemania 31! Bah gawd it's going to be a slobber knocker!

alternate caption for the Demolition photo: Walking Disaster.
A few years back I saw Jake Roberts wrestle at a local independent show. Probably one of the worst local shows I have ever been to. The biggest guys there name-wise aside from Jake were Jimmy Jacobs and Sean Casey. Jake wrestled the promoter who is a very large out of shape wrestler, who also DJs at local bars around Indianapolis. It was horrid and this prior to Jake hooking up with DDP. He wrestled in sweat pants and a generic snake t-shirt. He also was charging $20 for his autograph and an 8x10. The venue had a very low ceiling as well and was just not a good place to hold a wrestling show.

Looking at the show Demolition was working this was likely a similar situation. I do like that the face paint even looks old too, it's probably the same paint they used in the early 90's. I am crossing my fingers that the WWE doesn't bring them in for a squash against The Accession, it would certainly not help get them over.

These lumberjack matches are always good for this sequence:

"Who the fuck is that?"

*finally recognize who it is*

"He's still on the roster?"

I just had that moment with Justin Gabriel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the debut of NJPW on AXS - the third episode is getting rave reviews on Observer Radio, called one of the greatest hour-long shows in history.

Brie said on Total Divas that her and Bryan only shop at Fresh Markets and health food stores, so yeah. Not that it's much of a secret, but good job on that sarcasm or whatever the fuck it is you're trying to accomplish.

That's your perceived sarcasm you're detecting, but thanks for sharing that you watch Total Divas while defending Daniel Bryan on a video game forum on the Internet.  You get a 5x Bonus Mark Multiplier if you were wearing a WWE shirt while being over the age of 25 at the time of typing your post.

Last edited:
That's your perceived sarcasm you're detecting, but thanks for sharing that you watch Total Divas while defending Daniel Bryan on a video game forum on the Internet. You get a 5x Bonus Mark Multiplier if you were wearing a WWE shirt while being over the age of 25 at the time of typing your post.
Zen? Zen is that YOU?!?!?

Can't wait for the debut of NJPW on AXS - the third episode is getting rave reviews on Observer Radio, called one of the greatest hour-long shows in history.
Oh yea! Thanks for the reminder. I would have forgot about that. Setting my DVR as we speak. Ill finally have some good wrestling to watch on tv!!

I still want to read his screenplay of that dude running up the staircase killing people. I also want to know if he still puts rocks in his backpack.

I agree with you. Aside from some lighting and camera issues, that was a good show - certainly better than Raw.

And you guys are going to show and talk about Diva butts and not mention Lana, a woman who moons people before she even walks to the ring??

Bqrsg-gCYAABiTH.jpg

And for the NSFW crowd:

lana-in-lingerie-001_002.jpg

Remember, you can't spell "lana" without "anal".
Is that Lana in the second pic? Nice. Can't really go wrong with most of the divas. They all have their own respective sex appeal. I'd say my favorite is Paige at the moment. She doesn't seem as maybe overtly sexy like Eva's behind but something about her demeanor just gives off this sexy confidence to her that comes off as really attractive.

I missed my weekly Mizdow segment this week. Damnit.

This was posted in the Xbox sales thread and thought you guys might like it:

Any wrestling fans in here watch Lucha Underground? Check out this cool 8bit trailer for tomorrow's episode.

http://youtu.be/E4POxPsPImE

Is that Lana in the second pic? Nice. Can't really go wrong with most of the divas. They all have their own respective sex appeal. I'd say my favorite is Paige at the moment. She doesn't seem as maybe overtly sexy like Eva's behind but something about her demeanor just gives off this sexy confidence to her that comes off as really attractive.

I missed my weekly Mizdow segment this week. Damnit.
Yep and if you look hard enough, there are even pictures of her wearing an American flag designed bikini.

Paige is very likeable - even on Total Divas. Hell, Total Divas makes John Cena look good as the voice of reason.

Looks like they finally fixed the sharing problem on the Network.

A friend of mine is watching NXT on my Roku and on .com I get this error:

STREAM LIMIT EXCEEDED
Our records indicate that multiple users are currently watching video on this account. Please stop playing on other devices to continue. Visit wwe.com/help for more information

It would be nice if they allowed for two since I have multiple people in house using it. I guess I see why they aren't though (ie no one buying the thing).

----

Riff Raff constantly talking about "training with Hulk Hogan for WWE" combined with WWE being willing to latch on to just about any celebrity makes me think he'll show up on Raw at some point this year. Maybe he'll bring Action Bronson with him.

Looks like they finally fixed the sharing problem on the Network.

A friend of mine is watching NXT on my Roku and on .com I get this error:

STREAM LIMIT EXCEEDED
Our records indicate that multiple users are currently watching video on this account. Please stop playing on other devices to continue. Visit wwe.com/help for more information
Other people have reported getting this error before. They say it's usually fixed when they try again later.

Pretty good show overall. They built up the Rumble triple threat title match marvelously. Loved Nattie using the left arm for moves since Nikki worked on the right arm, so they hyped up that future title match well and did a nice job with the tag title situation too giving Miz another win. The stuff with Heyman and Seth was amazing - Seth was on a roll and Heyman did a great job planting the seeds for either joining Seth to survive if he beats Brock, or getting Seth on his side by convincing Brock to let Seth win. Barrett vs. Sin Cara was short, but like a Lucha Underground match, allowed each guy to shine. With the title being an albatross and Sin Cara's gear matching it perfectly, I'd have had Sin Cara win it, but it really doesn't matter. Main event was great as a whole even if it fell short of the Bryan vs. Shield classics. Loved the giant ankle lock to Dean, and Bryan getting a big win.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-smackdown-1-15-15.html

Screens -

OH GOD

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8o3c28hf2tce9k9ulg88vweq2in3dn6l

I finally got around to making Prince Puma in FPR and had a great match with him against Myzteziz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPepvsNTdg8

My Lucha Underground TV report finally went live on the Observer site -

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/101-mexico/40757-lucha-underground-tv-report-prince-puma-vs-fenix-for-the-title-

Perhaps showing that not even WWE can hold a grudge forever, the most recent Countdown program (which covered the "best Intercontinental Champions") put over Jeff Jarrett pretty big.

Since I watched one episode of the Monday Night War program the other day and found myself laughing my ass off with how awful and one-sided the program is, I was impressed to see a moment, however briefly, where WWE did something unexpected.

One of my friends' cats was doing his best "Only One of Shawn Michaels's feet hit the floor.  Therefore, the winner of the 1995 Royal Rumble..."impressions.

10919054_10204107337417049_5371770630534466513_n.jpg
4092222_std.jpg

Did I just see that right??? TNA just had a commercial for one of those One Night Only ppvs but the airing date was last Friday.....

Watched the NJPW show on AXS and the team of Ranallo and Barnett was really good. Ranallo was kinda like Striker but less annoying.

I used to cover NXT each week, but haven't it watched it since the last new ep of 2014 - so I need to do a little marathon to get caught up and haven't gotten around to it.

Onto Impact -

Show-opening video was too short and too frantic. MVP's promo was great. EY's was as bad as MVP's was good, and went on too long. And his haircut sucks. Joe and Kurt tried to recreate their opening deal from '06, but it was in the middle of a ramp in a dim building with no people. They had a JOINED IN PROGRESS match in 2015 and went through the motions. EC3 taking over from Big John was horrible, as was JB acting to what he's expected to be hearing by just making random movements and grimacing. Hardys-Wolves was a very good match, but hurt by the terrible lighting. Josh putting it over as "new lighting" doesn't make it any less low-rent.

Roode-EY was nothing, and hurt like everything else with the picture in picture graphics that always messed up the aspect ratio of at least one side of things. They also didn't consistently show live stuff on one side or the other, so you never knew where to look instantly for live action. X Title match was quite good, and I liked parts of the main event talking angle. MVP's "unless you want to shuck and jive and dance to gospel music" and "YOU CALLIN ME BY MY GOVERNMENT!" ruled, as did the kiss of death to set up the beating. LASHLEY WAS fuckING AWFUL though. The show as a whole was far better than last week's. I liked the Wolves-Hardys match, loved the X Title match, and liked parts of the KOs and EY-Roode stuff. Finally having the BDC turn on Lashley was good, even if Lashley can't talk, and it's kind of amazing that we're finally going to be getting MVP as champion at some point since that was the whole plan and Lashley's amazing title reign was basically a pure accident caused by MVP getting hurt.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-16-15.html

Screens -

Yeah, this needs to go.

Then you've got EY's hair.

HEY COUSIN LUKE!

YOU'RE WATCHING DESTINATION AMERICA

But you can't see the signs because of Destination America's graphics.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vsvkunx3kf9wpfc0ffzjz8mtqo5j5bu0

How is the NJPW show? I don't get axs.tv, and I don't watch television consistently enough to upgrade to the tier with axs.tv. Who are the English announcers?

Josh Barnett and Mauro Ranallo are the NJPW announcers, and have gotten rave reviews. I've been watching a ton of wrestling all day and haven't gotten around to that (or NXT). I did watch the last 40 minutes of TNA Unlocked, which was nothing, and TNA Greatest Matches: Jeff Hardy. MISTER fuckING ANDERSON WAS IN EVERY ONE OF THESE MATCHES, but at least it gave me this.

I thought the NJPW show was pretty good. They do a nice job of summarizing the events that led up to the match. The match itself has commercial breaks at the slower moments like when both guys get knocked down so it kinda makes you feel like you're watching it live. And the commercial breaks, man best I've seen for any tv show. The commercials literally last like 15-20 seconds then its right back to the show. After the match they show a small bit of the post show interviews that they do backstage with the reporters. Then they had Tanahashi give his thoughts on how the match went. The announcers were very good, both complement each other very well and Ranallo actually sounds enthusiastic about calling the match even though he's just watching it off a tape. I would love to see both guys call a live event one day. Also throughout the entire match, they both reference WWE and TNA multiple times to help guide the bridge for the US fans who've never seen New Japan before.

If you have the channel, I'd say give it a shot. At least the matches themselves are top notch so it's worth it just for that alone.

Thanks for summarizing, TheRock88. In a time where I'm thinking about ditching cable more and more in favor of a netflix-hulu combo, I can't justify upgrading $15/month for one program on one channel. Shame, really, since the NJPW product is very very good.

Thanks for summarizing, TheRock88. In a time where I'm thinking about ditching cable more and more in favor of a netflix-hulu combo, I can't justify upgrading $15/month for one program on one channel. Shame, really, since the NJPW product is very very good.
I'm hoping that Sling thing Dish is coming out with will eventually have cheap/a la carte add on channels, providing the FCC doesn't fuck it up for them.

bread's done
Back