Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Since WWE did the classy move and involve a recently deceased relative to help garner sympathy for a face (Roman Reigns in this case). What are the chances Braun Strowman will show up at Rosey's funeral and toss the casket into the sun?
When RAW began that week, I thought to myself "I wonder if Vince had Rosey killed to get Roman over?" Then I felt bad, realized I'm a bad person, and that I am going to straight to hell with Vince.

Then they ran that segment comparing his death with Braun's attack. Didn't feel so bad anymore.

2HBd06cWugAKI.gif

Me shitting my pants and crying is a stronger finisher than the Superman Punch. At least you'd know the match is definitely over once I pull that off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely because he wanted to own it and the current owners wanted to sell it.
Well that was stupid.

This promo is like Broken Matt crossed with Bray but 100 times better than both. Starts at 45 sec in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylNMeHmnK4Q&feature=youtu.be&list=PLurpAYwTgP5hk-CF5PbwGo8QY9U6FFnaC&t=48

Sweet.  I saw this last night when I was browsing WWE Network; they're between 1987-1989.

05042017_MayVOD__02.jpg

Progress SSS16 is going to be crazy. They announced Flamita today, who I haven't seen, but have heard raves about. Also Havoc making his tournament debut.

Has Jay White been part of the ROH traveling group for a bit? I have to admit I don't have the time to keep up with as many promotions these days, but definitely watch the bulk of WWE/NJPW. I hadn't seen much of Jay White since he and David Finlay had what felt like 7 years' worth of Young Lion's matches at the start of every NJPW card.

He and Ospreay worked really really hard last night. Great match.

One good thing with the BC change is that Adam Cole is now taking bookings in other indies. Looking forward to seeing him @AIW in Cleveland.

“When Husky Harris failed on the main roster, he went all in with the Wyatt persona. I was going to jury duty in my hometown, and Dusty made me go to jury duty as Bray, Dusty told me, ‘This is the perfect exercise. Become Bray.’ I literally went to jury duty as Bray Wyatt. I was so immersed in the character that I didn’t break once. Obviously, I didn’t get picked for jury duty, but I had the white pants, Hawaiian shirt, the whole nine yards. There were no fragments of Husky Harris. Husky Harris was dead, and he was to stay dead. I was Bray Wyatt. We were one.”

He's such a good storyteller. I'm glad they're finally giving him a push that looks like it will lead somewhere.

Watching Best of the Super Jr's and it's odd watching ACH wrestle in it because you can tell he's so happy and in turn I feel so happy that he's so happy wrestling in both the tournament and in Japan.

Can't wait to catch up on BOSJ this year. Some of the matchups look incredible.

I briefly made a cameo on the last episode of Being the Elite, being harassed by Marty Scurll and the Young Bucks for my Matt Hardy-esque hair.

Taka vs Taichi was stupid wonderful in how they told a story of two tag partners/friends forced to fight each other in a way that I can't think of ever being done before.

Takeover last night was great. Never been in a building that was THAT intense as it was during the UK match, so much energy. Then at the end... damn.

Non-televised highlights: Guy sweeping the ring between NXT taping and Takeover starting got some funny chants. "2 sweep" "Sweep forever" and then when he was done everyone chanted "One more sweep" until he came back and did a funny quick sweeping thing before Takeover started. So that's fun. Some guy caught the now apparently obligatory beach ball and popped it, and everyone got really mad and called him an asshole.

Everyone who tried chanting CM Punk got shut down REAL fucking fast as well, which was nice.

The least stale of the two stale wrestlers won the Smackdown championship belt is how I look at it.
It's funny, last night I rode the arena shuttle with a couple from India, and their thoughts were, "Why is WWE trying to impress the Indian market? Nobody from India even likes Jinder, he's Canadian! And people here just like him because he's not Randy!"

I know people have been saying that Jinder has the stereotypical foreigner gimmick, but his current run reminds me more of JBL's WWE Championship run. He may not be the greatest wrestler on the Smackdown roster, but he is a pure heel and he's certainly paid his dues. I certainly didn't expect him to actually win, so being surprised is actually kind of nice. It would be interesting if they haven't made his plates yet if for no other reason that it would give him something to complain about for a couple of weeks.

The Maharaja's real test will be how people react to him on Tuesday.

I think I've mentioned that I'm a huge Randy Orton fan a number of times in this thread... but if not. I'm a hue Randy Orton fan.

Anyhow, amazing PPV. Minus the women's six man tag I don't think there was a truly bad match.

I liked the ending to the main event. I thought it was really well done. I sort of wonder if Orton will win it back quickly so they can have Jinder in the MitB match. A) Cashing in on Jinder doesn't seem like a big deal b) If he wins MitB he's the perfect heel to try to cash in multiple times without truly doing so (like Rollins) and cashing successful could help legitimize him for the future.

Note: In case anyone is curious Sami Zayn, Tye Dillinger, and Kevin Owens all were on Talking Smack talking about winning MitB. (So that match looks like it could just be stacked with talent.)

I think I've mentioned that I'm a huge Randy Orton fan a number of times in this thread... but if not. I'm a hue Randy Orton fan.

Anyhow, amazing PPV. Minus the women's six man tag I don't think there was a truly bad match.

I liked the ending to the main event. I thought it was really well done. I sort of wonder if Orton will win it back quickly so they can have Jinder in the MitB match. A) Cashing in on Jinder doesn't seem like a big deal b) If he wins MitB he's the perfect heel to try to cash in multiple times without truly doing so (like Rollins) and cashing successful could help legitimize him for the future.

Note: In case anyone is curious Sami Zayn, Tye Dillinger, and Kevin Owens all were on Talking Smack talking about winning MitB. (So that match looks like it could just be stacked with talent.)
found the entire ppv boring...i think many dont even watch smackdown or something aroud here.. everytime they did a house show here it would be in the arena... this time its in the expo centers where they are sitting up chairs on floor and then bleacher seats they must not be expecting that many people to show.... its on a monday night so maybe that is why as welll

I've finally decided to catch up on NXT after over half a year. So does Liv Morgan ever change her music or gimmick? Yes? Please?

Well, at least I got Nikki Cross angrily kicking the bottom rope to distract me.
I should have added I think they took the mic from her so she's not as annoying as she was... but it might also be that she sort of faded away. I enjoy the hell out of NXT (and the main roster) but no matter the promotion it seems that have a really hard time doing more than one women's story at a time.

Anyhow, speaking of rumors (and the chance of proving my above comment wrong) there's rumors that they might do a Women's Money in the Bank match to go along with the title match at the MitB PPV. Before the brand split I would have been all for it... As is? I have no desire to see the Smackdown women trying to pull that off when its likely one of their better workers (Becky or Charlotte) will be in a championship match.

I should have added I think they took the mic from her so she's not as annoying as she was... but it might also be that she sort of faded away. I enjoy the hell out of NXT (and the main roster) but no matter the promotion it seems that have a really hard time doing more than one women's story at a time.

Anyhow, speaking of rumors (and the chance of proving my above comment wrong) there's rumors that they might do a Women's Money in the Bank match to go along with the title match at the MitB PPV. Before the brand split I would have been all for it... As is? I have no desire to see the Smackdown women trying to pull that off when its likely one of their better workers (Becky or Charlotte) will be in a championship match.
It's more just the "YOYOYOYOYO" at the beginning of her entrance music that drives me bonkers. That and the fact that unless we get an "evil girls of Jersey" faction, that the gimmick seems like Carmella lite. The fact it's gone on this long even after she's moved onto Smackdown makes no sense to me.

Also side note: I love Elias Samson yelling at the crowd "WHO WANTS TO RIDE WITH THE DRIFTER?" before getting a hail of boo's. Gives me a damn good chuckle.

https://twitter.com/R3my_Lebeau/status/868542001490391040

Guy that got to meet Finn last year at NXT Cocoa did a NJPW paint at Megacon yesterday, and we took some pics. I'm thrilled that Marty liked the tweet.  One of the artists said that he works with ROH and knows Marty, took a pic and said he's going to make sure he sees it as well.

Takeover last night was great. Never been in a building that was THAT intense as it was during the UK match, so much energy. Then at the end... damn.

Non-televised highlights: Guy sweeping the ring between NXT taping and Takeover starting got some funny chants. "2 sweep" "Sweep forever" and then when he was done everyone chanted "One more sweep" until he came back and did a funny quick sweeping thing before Takeover started. So that's fun. Some guy caught the now apparently obligatory beach ball and popped it, and everyone got really mad and called him an asshole.

Everyone who tried chanting CM Punk got shut down REAL fucking fast as well, which was nice.
We were doing "2 sweep" chants as well at the ROH tapings here back in January. The broom was so over that in the next match Matt Taven went after it and broke it over his leg.

The chances of Brock dropping the title on his first defense at the fire balls PPV are pretty slim, so Joe winning was honestly the best outcome. He's the only that will really be elevated by just having a match with Brock. Plus the match should be fantastic, so there's that. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Just so long as Joe doesn't mutilate Brock's face off screen and next time we see Brock he's wearing a mask and then the next time we see him his face will be fine and that altercation is never brought up again.

The chances of Brock dropping the title on his first defense at the fire balls PPV are pretty slim, so Joe winning was honestly the best outcome. He's the only that will really be elevated by just having a match with Brock. Plus the match should be fantastic, so there's that. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
so guessing

smackdown june 18

raw july 9

smackdown july 30

then summerslam

Joe vs Brock could be a great match but I really doubt it will be. As long as Lesnar does the whole "Suplex City" thing his matches will be trash, the match with Joe being no different. That shit has GOT to go, sooner rather than later.

Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesner has so much potential, something that I'm really looking forward to.  However this is WWE we are talking about, so I'm guessing that Joe will be laid out before the match and still want to fight only to lead to a big lost and a new feud with who ever laid him out.  (I'm going with Bray right now).

bread's done
Back