Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

This was pretty damn good year for wrestling looking back now. We actually had a great feud in the WWE *gasps* tag division with The Usos and New Day. Omega just blowing up all over. AJ Styles. The greater influx and talent coming from the UK scene especially helped with that Pete Dunne-Bates match. Shibata's return during G1 Climax though maybe my favorite thing this whole year though because it was such a purely emotional moment.

Jericho appeared at the end of NJPW WTL and had an amazing segment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQX174uKXGU

And the press conference today.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMUmyMs8dkk

It's amazing how in such a short time and with such small air time that Jericho and Omega have brought so much hype to this match. I'm curious though on the overall reaction the Japanese crowd have on this though.

https://youtu.be/cHvgV4HhVuU

MLW Never Say Never full show

Shane Strickland & John Morrison vs. Jimmy Havoc & Darby Allin - No DQ!

Matt Riddle vs. "Filthy" Tom Lawlor

Sammy Guevara vs. Jason Cade

MVP vs. Brody King

Joey Ryan vs. MJF

Santana Garrett vs. Leva Bates

Seth Petruzelli & Rhett Giddins vs. Dirty Blondes

Jimmy Yuta vs. Vandal Ortagun

Parrow vs. Saieve Al Sabah

Yes, it's mostly rubbish, but that main event!

Last edited by a moderator:
So me and the wife were pondering getting tickets to the ROH show in Pittsburgh, but the ticket prices were stupid - $50 minimum for any seat (up to $75) or $30 for standing room only. No thanks. With fees it would've been $125. Compared to a NXT show we went to last month, which ran up about $60 total with fees. Comparable locations too. And, ROH hasn't posted who's "supposed" to be there, so it's a total crap shoot. Oh well, maybe next time they're in Baltimore it'll be cheaper...?

If you were thinking about getting Fire Pro World on Steam, now is the time. It's coming out of early access in a few weeks and the price will go up a bit once it's actually "out."

If you were thinking about getting Fire Pro World on Steam, now is the time. It's coming out of early access in a few weeks and the price will go up a bit once it's actually "out."
To give more detail, starting Monday, December 18th it’s going to be 33% off the $20 early access price ($13.40) which runs through January 4th. Starting Thursday January 5th it comes out of Early Access and goes up to $29.99

I’d been waiting fir a sale, so I’ll be picking it up.

So...did anyone tell Red Shoes that Jericho-Omega was a no DQ match?

And Okada wearing pants confuses me.

And nearly done watching all of Wrestle Kingdom 12. I'll save Tanahashi-White for tomorrow night and I skipped the battle royale, but besides that, goddamn I'm amazed at how well NJPW can pace a six hour show. Weakest match was the Never Open tag gauntlet, but everything else that I've watched has been fantastic and moved at a ridiculously brisk pace with no slow down matches in between. I Almost want to say Cody-Ibushi has been my favorite thus far. It was everything I wanted in a match with wrestlers of that caliber. Omega-Jericho was fine, but Red Shoes doing count out counts and the wrestlers still obliging to it and rope breaks "sometimes" happening killed the story telling of the match and there were some weak ass looking shots and slams in the match that I think I would've forgiven if not for the weird supposed no DQ pacing.

I was sad like many that Naito didn't get the belt, but New Years Dash makes it a little better. I skipped Tanahashi/White, Goto/Suzuki, and Heavy Tag for now.

I was sad like many that Naito didn't get the belt, but New Years Dash makes it a little better. I skipped Tanahashi/White, Goto/Suzuki, and Heavy Tag for now.
I'm not usually pretty mixed about the heavy tag belts mostly because of the quality of matches, but the LIJ-KES Wrestle Kingdom tag match was actually very entertaining. It told a great story and same with the Geto-Suzuki match so I can recommend them.

Also that pop during New Year's Dash during the Bullet Club-Ibushi match at the end. Jesus, I love New Japan's long term story telling and how much they acknowledge continuity.

Kenny did Jericho's pod and they did a fantastic job of explaining a lot of things. I loved hearing the details and their perspectives.

Tonight is the next MLW show, they say it'll be $5 for purchase afterwards, after putting the last one on YT I wonder if they'll follow and do it again. Either way, I'm excited to see a Jimmy Havoc deathmatch in person.

Wanted to post back in here to say I really really hope you guys start paying attention to CHIKARA (again?). Sooner than later is great, but definitely later this year. 

;)

Face value was apparently $400 and many paid much more via third-parties. The presentation was great down to the ICOPRO banner but seemed like they watched on TVs for the majority of the 3 hours.
Yup, every right to be pissed. Holy shit. I Was wondering how WWE could pull off Raw in two locations in one night and apparently just hope nostalgia will hold them at bay..

And Enzo Amore has been released by the WWE.
Bada boom! Realest guy out of a job! How you doin??

I'm terrified for Gargano. That purple title is goddamn cursed, no way even he can save the division at this point.
Enzo was cursed as soon as he opened his mouth. Though yeah, that whole division is just the phantom zone of the WWE universe and I don't know how they can save it now. Maybe put Gargano and Ricochet in there and let them do 15 minute CWC quality matches? I Don't know.

And remember when people were critical of Kota and Zack Sabre Jr not signing a WWE contract?

I'm terrified for Gargano. That purple title is goddamn cursed, no way even he can save the division at this point.

Enzo was cursed as soon as he opened his mouth. Though yeah, that whole division is just the phantom zone of the WWE universe and I don't know how they can save it now. Maybe put Gargano and Ricochet in there and let them do 15 minute CWC quality matches? I Don't know.

And remember when people were critical of Kota and Zack Sabre Jr not signing a WWE contract?
I'm hoping that adding a GM to the mix will help give 205 Live a much-needed identity. I personally usually enjoy the program each week, we usually get a solid match in the hour and I am a fan of the majority of the talent in the division. Last night's Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali match was excellent for example.

I think the GM will most likely be a debuting Rockstar Spud, which is IMO a perfect role for Spud.

I also don't recall many people being critical of Ibushi or ZSJ for not signing with WWE. From what I understood most were happy they didn't sign.

I'm hoping that adding a GM to the mix will help give 205 Live a much-needed identity. I personally usually enjoy the program each week, we usually get a solid match in the hour and I am a fan of the majority of the talent in the division. Last night's Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali match was excellent for example.

I think the GM will most likely be a debuting Rockstar Spud, which is IMO a perfect role for Spud.

I also don't recall many people being critical of Ibushi or ZSJ for not signing with WWE. From what I understood most were happy they didn't sign.
Rockstar Spud from what I watch of him on Impact/TNA sounds perfect. I Think the biggest problem I have with 205 Live is it just feels completely throw away and that there was so little personality from all the people on board. Like there are great matches, but nothing I feel super invested in.

And I think it may have been from the people who only watch and support WWE that were the loudest in bitching about Kota and ZSJ because I was just seeing so many people acting like they were throwing away the greatest opportunity. Also I'm glad ZSJ didn't sign simply because him as a heel in PWG and NJPW is so much fun and fits his style perfectly.

I don't know whether or not to be excited for Royal Rumble this weekend. It's easily my favorite PPV, but I'm just so overwhelmingly disappointed every year.

I'll just look forward to Black vs Cole. Hopefully then I'm safe.

I don't know whether or not to be excited for Royal Rumble this weekend. It's easily my favorite PPV, but I'm just so overwhelmingly disappointed every year.

I'll just look forward to Black vs Cole. Hopefully then I'm safe.
You should be excited because Roman Reigns will somehow overcome the odds and win the Rumble! BILLY DAT!

And isn't it just science now that NXT Takeover will always be the better show than the big WWE one the night after?

You should be excited because Roman Reigns will somehow overcome the odds and win the Rumble! BILLY DAT!

And isn't it just science now that NXT Takeover will always be the better show than the big WWE one the night after?
Fully expecting a Roman win since they're in Philly and Vince is a dick.

Oh my god. Golden Lovers back together.
I know this is how it feels every time they lose a leader, but I don't feel like the Bullet Club has the momentum to stay as relevant without Kenny. I love Cody, but I just don't think he's "there". Maybe that's just me though

But damn, those last two matches at Takeover last night. Hoooly hell. Did not expect Gargano/Almas to be match of the night, but here we are.

Oh my god. Golden Lovers back together.
Omega and Ibushi going to Rumble confirmed!

I know this is how it feels every time they lose a leader, but I don't feel like the Bullet Club has the momentum to stay as relevant without Kenny. I love Cody, but I just don't think he's "there". Maybe that's just me though

But damn, those last two matches at Takeover last night. Hoooly hell. Did not expect Gargano/Almas to be match of the night, but here we are.
I Think the problem I have with Cody as leader is that the big Bullet Club drama and development takes place in NJPW shows and unless he shows up in Japan alot more and has a more prominent role in matches (meaning actually winning) then I can see momentum being lost. That or NJPW is investing in the fact that Cody's Bullet Club shirt is always one of the top merch sellers in Hot Topic so it's a sign they may got to push him? Regardless I'm intrigued and kinda hoping that Bullet Club is now a full on heel faction as opposed to mixed/baby face pops since LIJ is over as fuck and really the only definite heel faction is Suzuki-gun. And I'm always impressed how NJPW can drag out long term booking and storyline and make it interesting and surprising.

No worries, WWE will cool their enthusiasm
Yeah, especially when they repeat the last Rumble in Philly and have Roman win tonight.

Outside of the Bella twins being in the Final Four, and Steph on the mic, they booked the women's rumble good, then they fuck up all the good will with Rousey. Way to shiat all over your talents who bust their ass for you.

And fuck Rhonda's Phoenix Wright gimmick infringement.

bread's done
Back