PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
attachicon.gif
photo 3.JPG

do it! :twisted:
Man, that orange Vita is pretty.
So does this mean that(begin "uncle" joke)

Orange is the New Black? BOOM!

(/end "uncle" joke)

Freedom Wars will be 4.99 at Gamestop for Black Friday.
Who hasn't picked up Freedom Wars for about $5 by this point?

Literally the only deal in that entire ad that caught my eye unless no one else sells Diablo III ( :ps4:) for $20 or less.
Should have just bought it last BF for $24?

Helldivers for $15 is the only thing I'm interested in... however not enough to make GS anything more than a Black Friday afterthought. Pretty sure BB will have it for $20 before GCU and that's good enough for me to avoid Game Stop entirely.
It's such an awkward package and I kind of regret buying it for $20 with the PUR coupon. PS4 version is on disc and then the code is a special package with all the other stuff. It doesn't mark the PS3 or Vita ones as owned in the store so you can easily find and redownload them but buries them in your list without an icon.

Halloween is over bruh.
Halloween is never over.

I guess I don't know why someone would pass up the number of opportunities for $5-8 but would be happy to go wait 30 minutes plus at GS for it.
Even though Vita games had been on sale for cheap, there will always be someone who misses out. Somehow. Like the Telltale games.

I never picked up Freedom Wars(Physical) because I had it Digital. For $5 I'll stop by GameStop and pick that up along with Diablo 3 and that Mystery Funko Pop box.

Right. I got it the first time it went cheap for like $8 or $10 and that wound up being a pretty meh price.
Better than me, I bought it on release... I always buy a new Vita game before I go on vacation as that's my primary "on-the-go" console, aside from street passes on the 3DS. This year I went with SAO:HF and Akiba's Trip. All this talk about Freedom Wars reminds me I need to give it another shot... Put about 10 hours into it and haven't touched it since last year. :lol:

Thanks! Will definitely read up on it now first and see if it rouses my curiosity for a playthrough.
Actually, both previous games are important. Blood Drive even warns you that they should both be played first on the fisrt page of the manual. The first game would be most important, but Blood Drive starts immediately where Book of Shadows left off. You'd still be missing important chapters, besides the character development from things that could be deemed not that important.

They're both really original and good games. I don't really get why eveyone wants to skip them. I just wish I had more games like them to play.

probably be like the pins and lanyards and stuff they have extras of from pre order bonuses
Or the terrible junk that clutters by the register. The other items should average about a $7 value in theory with normal pricing but they could claim those POPs are premium or something like some they've started selling and use it as an excuse to put worthless crap in there.

Actually, it's GS so that's exactly what I expect. Or maybe they'll put one of those grab bags they did in it.

They're both really original and good games. I don't really get why eveyone wants to skip them. I just wish I had more games like them to play.

Probably because they're not superficially appealing.

I don't really get why eveyone wants to skip them. I just wish I had more games like them to play.
Can I just take a moment to say that the first game really unnerved me. I'm not the *biggest* horror fan, but I can usually tolerate the movies. Closest I got to it in gaming is probably Alan Wake (which I loved). However, I had to stop playing Corpse Party as I just couldnt take it. Partly, it was the unskippable
"shovel and dirt"
bad endings. Partly, it was the girl crying out for
Seiko
being the only real word in Japanese I understood. But when you were
being chased by the creepy kid from the bathroom
I just had to put it down. I keep wanting to finish it, but I cant seem to get into the right mindset. I guess it's a testament to the game that I had such a strong reaction to it.

I would recommend playing the first two but some people arent in the mood to pay whatever it costs just to be able to play the 3rd game. Lol. Unless they have a hacked psp.

The alternative is to read up on everything before the 3rd game.

I guess I don't know why someone would pass up the number of opportunities for $5-8 but would be happy to go wait 30 minutes plus at GS for it.
$5-8 new AND physical? When and where? My BB doesn't carry pre-owned games.

I will try to do a an order for pickup in store the day before, IDK if they will let me pick it up on the BF sales day though?

Probably because they're not superficially appealing.
That's kinda funny. Someone actually just wrote this on another site in reference to what they were playing.

"Corpse Party, i regret dismissing it out of hand earlier on as just another RPGMaker style horror game."

Can I just take a moment to say that the first game really unnerved me. I'm not the *biggest* horror fan, but I can usually tolerate the movies. Closest I got to it in gaming is probably Alan Wake (which I loved). However, I had to stop playing Corpse Party as I just couldnt take it.
Yeah, sometimes playing them I decide to take a break to try to put happy thoughts back in my head. They're not really the kind of games I wanna play for hours before I go to sleep and have dreams about.

The "wrong ends" that I've gotten in Blood drive are actually way shorter and much less brutal. They actually feel kind of pointless.

I would recommend playing the first two but some people arent in the mood to pay whatever it costs just to be able to play the 3rd game. Lol. Unless they have a hacked psp.

The alternative is to read up on everything before the 3rd game.
Yeah, I just figured if someone's gonna read a wiki or something that skipping things like the Blood Drive chapter in Book of Shadows is crazy. It's still sad that things like Ms. Yui's classroom story and stuff would get skipped even if it's not that important to the main story, but it would be kind of strange hearing how much they talk about the past in Blood Drive too.

$5-8 new AND physical? When and where? My BB doesn't carry pre-owned games.
I ordered mine for $11.99 with GCU on December 1, 2014 and it was sub $10 multiple times on both Amazon and BBY since then.

That's kinda funny. Someone actually just wrote this on another site in reference to what they were playing.

"Corpse Party, i regret dismissing it out of hand earlier on as just another RPGMaker style horror game."
It's a bad reason if they would otherwise appeal to you but it's plenty of reason for some people.

I ordered mine for $11.99 with GCU on December 1, 2014 and it was sub $10 multiple times on both Amazon and BBY since then.

It's a bad reason if they would otherwise appeal to you but it's plenty of reason for some people.
$11.99 is not $5-8 and you used GCU.
It has never been sub $10 on amazon and I believe it has never been $5-8 new on BBY either. You are confusing digital vs physical prices.
In the end, if amazon price matches it I will get it there since I will save 11.5% taxes and no craziness of BF.

It has never been sub $10 on amazon and I believe it has never been $5-8 new on BBY either. You are confusing digital vs physical prices.
In the end, if amazon price matches it I will get it there since I will save 11.5% taxes and no craziness of BF.
$10 August 2015
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Freedom-Wars-PlayStation-Vita/product/B00JQI471A?context=browse

Pretty sure Best Buy had it for under $10 around April or so.. That's when I got my copy, and I know it was dirt cheap with GCU.
After buying it, it's dropped multiple times to around $10 that I have seen.. Under $10 is not a stretch.

$10 August 2015
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Freedom-Wars-PlayStation-Vita/product/B00JQI471A?context=browse

Pretty sure Best Buy had it for under $10 around April or so.. That's when I got my copy, and I know it was dirt cheap with GCU.
After buying it, it's dropped multiple times to around $10 that I have seen.. Under $10 is not a stretch.
$10 is 3rd party not amazon and camel doesn't keep track of shipping charges, so it could be $10+$1000 shipping...

Even so, $10 is still not $5-8
IDK about BB new for under $10 since there is no BBY tracker for this item. Again GCU does not make it standard for all of us, nor is GCU free. I will do a search on this thread, because if it was really under $10 new it should have popped up here.
Again, haven't seen it drop under $10 not once, only pre-owned for $4.99 at BBY not New.

GS actually gives us vita owners a nice price for a good vita and you guys complain and joke like this was a sale for mlb 12

It's most definitely been $5 for a new copy at BBY. It was around the same time they were getting rid of games like Resistance & Smart As.

I don't know why you would want to argue with someone as knowledgeable as Eldritch, or even what difference it makes. Several people have said it was that price... Just because you don't want to believe for whatever silly reason doesn't mean you have to be on the attack.

**EDIT**

Wow, and now you want to waste a bunch of your own time searching back through the thread... Dude. Seriously?

It's most definitely been $5 for a new copy at BBY. It was around the same time they were getting rid of games like Resistance & Smart As.

I don't know why you would want to argue with someone as knowledgeable as Eldritch, or even what difference it makes. Several people have said it was that price... Just because you don't want to believe for whatever silly reason doesn't mean you have to be on the attack.

**EDIT**

Wow, and now you want to waste a bunch of your own time searching back through the thread... Dude. Seriously?
So why waste your time replying then? BTW, the website has a little thing called a search bar, but don't tell anyone. ;)

That's right, the $4.99 clearance not so long ago at bestbuy. It was included then.

Pretty sure the 3rd party can also be fulfilled by Amazon.. Something I just bought this week was 3rd party full filed by Amazon and camel shows the price I paid was the current price by a 3rd party.. Oos from Amazon.

But it doesn't matter. I bet if someone *really* wanted to they could search CAG and find a date for freedom wars being under $10.

So why waste your time replying then? BTW, the website has a little thing called a search bar, but don't tell anyone. ;)
Good job on comparing my 30 second reply with your crusade of trying to disprove something that obviously happened... Oh, you mean the one that's been barely functional since the upgrade to 3.0?

Yeah, I'm done with this guy now... It's not worth it.

Good job on comparing my 30 second reply with your crusade of trying to disprove something that obviously happened... Oh, you mean the one that's been barely functional since the upgrade to 3.0?

Yeah, I'm done with this guy now... It's not worth it.
30 seconds to write that reply... man you are slow, but doesn't surprise me since you can't even use the search function. The only thing you have done so far is trying to instigate, will give you a C- for the effort though.

What's the cheapest way to get Hearts R (physical copy)? All the GS near me only have gutted copies and I'm not one to hate on GS but I definitely won't pay full price for something that's been opened and fondled by who knows what? 

What's the cheapest way to get Hearts R (physical copy)? All the GS near me only have gutted copies and I'm not one to hate on GS but I definitely won't pay full price for something that's been opened and fondled by who knows what?
Occasionally, the Bandai Namco Store has them on sale. I think I got mine for $25 shipped.

It's a Gamestop exclusive in USA afaik. So the only other one would be bandai namco store like the other member said above.

I still haven't been able to get Freedom Wars that cheap. I'm hoping Amazon will match Gamestop so I can use some credit.

I did manage to trade the $15 copy of Dungeon Hunter Alliance for a like-new Tales of Hearts R, speaking of that game.

Did you ask if that was the only copy of Tales of Heart R Gamestop had? When I bought mine, they gave me a sealed copy behind the counter.

Thanks to discussion on this forum I finally picked up Vandal Hearts II for the PS1. 

Playing it now with the Logitech Wireless Controller (awesome controller for the PS2, you can play PS1 games on it, too. Check it out). 

Wow, this game is WAY ahead of its time. I love how the armor and weapons change as you equip them. Such a cool game. 

Any who. That is all. 

Also worth mention that GameStop had dropped the used copy price of Freedom Wars down to $7.99 back during the summer, but then jacked it up to the current over $10 price whan fall began. Didn't think much of it at the time, but now I see why they did it, so they could stockpile for this black friday sale, just like they did with Final Fantasy XIII for PS4 and X360 a year or two ago.

That "who knows what" is the part that legitimately gives me the creeps. I could tell you some horror stories about GameStop entities I've had encounters with. :whistle2:?

bread's done
Back