PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, by literally an hour. I was at work and got distracted. Oh well, that's what I get for not doing it earlier. Hopefully I don't get reamed by resellers later (though probably will).

I know the other big problematic ones are going to be the kickstarter-only physical Vita releases if I miss them (like Muv-Luv :( ), so now I know to keep my eye out for them and get on it.
If the Backerkit allows it once the survey comes out, I'd be willing to add an extra physical Vita Muv-Luv to my order for you for cost + shipping if you're interested.

Yeah, by literally an hour. I was at work and got distracted. Oh well, that's what I get for not doing it earlier. Hopefully I don't get reamed by resellers later (though probably will).
You got one last chance, hurry up!

https://twitter.com/frogtaku/status/662173489823133696

TTGH had an ad in it. I'm not at home so I can't check what it was. Seems like most of the Aksys games I own came with an ad in them. CoL I haven't opened yet.
They may have only done this with some copies, I got my TTGH direct from Aksys and I didn't get an ad. Just the cart and box. They threw a couple of Bit Trip stickers in the shipping box, but nothing in the sealed game case other than the cartridge for me.

I know the other big problematic ones are going to be the kickstarter-only physical Vita releases if I miss them (like Muv-Luv :( ), so now I know to keep my eye out for them and get on it.
Yeah, that's part of what makes this thread great. If you read everything, someone will likely talk about all of the limited releases as they pop up so as not to miss them. If you skim or do links only then it's likely you'll miss them but still get some decent deals.

Related to that, there are some pics up of the vita version of Teslagrad on the dev's site... still no word about which retailers are getting the limited physical release.

They may have only done this with some copies, I got my TTGH direct from Aksys and I didn't get an ad. Just the cart and box. They threw a couple of Bit Trip stickers in the shipping box, but nothing in the sealed game case other than the cartridge for me.
Mine came from Amazon. Makes me wonder if the copies Aksys sold were a separate print run.

Speaking of that game, did that also come with a Collector's card of some sort, in addition to the manual? I remember seeing it with a card at the Gamestop closest to my house but the card was missing from the display copies at various other Gamestops I've been to.
This was discussed on GameFAQs not long after the game was released. Enough people contacted SoA (Sega of America) about it that they finally sent out a scripted response to all who asked. The generally accepted conclusion gained from SoA's response though was that they likely did not officially acknowledge the card for a while out of concern over to prevent card collector's from ruining the sales figures buying and returning copies for the sake of hunting the card.: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/722589-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd/70603393?page=5

Thank you for contacting us. SEGA was able to receive a small number of the cards for Weiβ Schwarz, a trading card game produced by Bushiroad, for inclusion in the North American retail copies of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd. This card also functions as a AR Card for use in AR Live Mode. However, the amount was not enough to fulfill the higher than expected demand for the game. The AR cards were then packaged randomly into our initial retail allocation with the intention for fans to receive them at random. The AR Live Card from the first Project DIVA f also works with Project DIVA F 2nd and provides the same functionality as the Weiβ Schwarz card.

It can be accessed here http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/ar/dl/index.html

For more information about the Weiβ Schwarz trading card game, please visit http://ws-tcg.com/en/

Jose

SEGA

Customer Support

Yea true. Coat hanger works in a pinch. Shouldnt be more than $100 if its just welding it back up and maybe replacing a section of the pipe...
It has to be welded, got only one spot to attach steel wire to under the frame, that's the only reason it hasn't managed to fall off the car yet.

Yeah, that's part of what makes this thread great. If you read everything, someone will likely talk about all of the limited releases as they pop up so as not to miss them. If you skim or do links only then it's likely you'll miss them but still get some decent deals.

Related to that, there are some pics up of the vita version of Teslagrad on the dev's site... still no word about which retailers are getting the limited physical release.

Mine came from Amazon. Makes me wonder if the copies Aksys sold were a separate print run.
WHAT!? First I've heard of Teslagrad! This should be very interesting.

The biggest problem I have with GS is that half the time I go for pre-owned Vita games to add to the collection, they don't have the box art. The games are well priced (particularly Supremacy MMA), but good luck finding one, albeit with the box art.
I think the important part is having the game. I've managed to get quite a few rarer ones cheaply because it was sitting in a Gamestop in a generic box.

One of the trends Atlus has been doing with their games is having their first print bonus be in a cheaper, almost cling-wrap plastic around the outside of the box. Good luck getting those undamaged.

The biggest problem I have with GS is that half the time I go for pre-owned Vita games to add to the collection, they don't have the box art. The games are well priced (particularly Supremacy MMA), but good luck finding one, albeit with the box art.
You should still ask them to check if they have the original case w/art, couple stores I've been to have told me they will put out generic cases out on the shelf because people have been stealing just the cases.

You should still ask them to check if they have the original case w/art, couple stores I've been to have told me they will put out generic cases out on the shelf because people have been stealing just the cases.
I never thought of ppl stealing the cases; I always assumed that going up to them and asking wouldn't garner any results seeing as how most of time I ask a GS employee to check they act like I asked them to perform brain surgery.

Literally the only deal in that entire ad that caught my eye unless no one else sells Diablo III ( :ps4:) for $20 or less.
Helldivers for $15 is the only thing I'm interested in... however not enough to make GS anything more than a Black Friday afterthought. Pretty sure BB will have it for $20 before GCU and that's good enough for me to avoid Game Stop entirely.

Freedom Wars will be 4.99 at Gamestop for Black Friday.
I want this and PS3 GTA6 only from the ad, but I wonder how many Freedom Wars will stores actually since they put it in the ad? Might just buy it from amazon if they price match since I will save $1.12tax in each.

Also does anyone know if I can combine b2g1 w the 20% bday coupon or will the 20% off go to the free game?

BTW, are the cheap ebay chinese game cart cases that hold 14games+4memory cards any good? Wanted to get the Hori 24, but I have only seen the pink one in stock.

That deal on Helldivers is interesting as it was $20 for Pro Members earlier this week.

I'm down for a $5 copy of Freedom Wars.  If they have any, that is.

The best part of the GS ad, Buy 2 get 1 free on used games.  That's a serious offer for vita collectors.  I'm still going to use my coupon for going Pro before then though as I know games will get picked through.

The best part of the GS ad, Buy 2 get 1 free on used games. That's a serious offer for vita collectors. I'm still going to use my coupon for going Pro before then though as I know games will get picked through.
That they will. Unfortunately I won't be shopping on Black Friday as I'll be at Renaissance Faire (first Black Friday off EVER) so I'll just have to see what I can scrounge up on Saturday.

That they will. Unfortunately I won't be shopping on Black Friday as I'll be at Renaissance Faire (first Black Friday off EVER) so I'll just have to see what I can scrounge up on Saturday.
BF Deals at GS are Friday through Sunday. So even if it's picked over you might still find some good stuff the following days (unless that's a multi-day event covering the whole weekend). In past years I've gone in late in the day or the day after BF and managed to still find good games as much of the crowd are people getting the specific games and system deals and overlooking the used sale.

Literally the only deal in that entire ad that caught my eye unless no one else sells Diablo III ( :ps4:) for $20 or less.
Wasn't there some inkling of an updated version of Freedom Wars a la Soul Sacrifice Delta or did that end up not materializing?

I feel bad for the parents of teens bullied into suicide. Can't disagree with you more.
I feel terrible for all involved, in general. Suicide is rarely a legitimate option- and pretty much never for the young, barring some massively rare circumstances, I suppose. That doesn't mean the other isn't true. I mean, that's sort of the entire point of natural selection - separating the weak from the herd, be it due to predators or from within. That it's almost always awful and terrible in practice doesn't change that.

Can we please stop talking about suicide, guys?

BF Deals at GS are Friday through Sunday. So even if it's picked over you might still find some good stuff the following days (unless that's a multi-day event covering the whole weekend). In past years I've gone in late in the day or the day after BF and managed to still find good games as much of the crowd are people getting the specific games and system deals and overlooking the used sale.
I hope so, this is Vita hunting though so anything could happen, heh. Here's to hoping!

That deal on Helldivers is interesting as it was $20 for Pro Members earlier this week.

I'm down for a $5 copy of Freedom Wars. If they have any, that is.

The best part of the GS ad, Buy 2 get 1 free on used games. That's a serious offer for vita collectors. I'm still going to use my coupon for going Pro before then though as I know games will get picked through.
Only if you can find 3 used that you want at the right price that you don't own. The best part is freedom wars for $5, I bet its a mistake and their raise it to $10 ($5 discount instead) unless they have 1 copy lol

Did anyone else grab Conception 2 from amazon on sale? I've never played conception so eager to get a solid rpg and hoping its good.

Finally decided to check my mailbox..

P_20151106_182433.jpg

Good Haul!
Welcome to the Neon Orange Vita club :grouphug:

I saw the corpse party le while I was browsing around BBY. Caved in and bought it since BBY sent me some email to get a free speaker with $50 purchase.

I know it had been discussed briefly here and that the second entry in the series could be skipped, but is the first one essential before playing this current one?

And where were these parents?... Oh ignoring the situation.

Sad yes, but there is always another option.
I can't speak for others, but my parents are always so supportive and just the nicest people, some kids hide it well. I miss my brother, but I don't think it was natural selection that took him. Anyone that experienced the exact same series of events that he did would have probably done the same thing, I'm pretty sure it wasn't genetic and certainly not caused or encouraged by his blood relation. The young can be impressionable. And this is the last thing I'm going to say about this subject. I'm sorry, I want this thread to be on topic, I wish it never diverted to this.

It looks like B&C values are declining rapidly on eBay for anyone that missed out. Keep waiting.

Buy 2, Get 1 Free on used at GameSlop was a blast for me last year. Sadly not a one of the local stores had any HyperDimension Neptunia games in stock when I got to them, which is saying something as I was at one store at opening time and the only person in the crowd to rush to the Vita section. All of my local GameSlops have HDN titles presently though... so this could be a wallet buster of a sale. On the fence debating whether or not to spring for the Pro Rewards Club Membership to get the additional 10% discount on top of the sale. Just not sure if I'll spend enough at GameSlop over the next dozen months to make it worth it.

Where did you get the Orange Vita and how much was it? I would assume this Vita is able to play US version games.
Superufo.com has them for $175 shipped which takes about 10 days to deliver.

VITAs aren't region locked so you can play any games :D

I can't speak for others, but my parents are always so supportive and just the nicest people, some kids hide it well. I miss my brother, but I don't think it was natural selection that took him. Anyone that experienced the exact same series of events that he did would have probably done the same thing, I'm pretty sure it wasn't genetic and certainly not caused or encouraged by his blood relation. The young can be impressionable. And this is the last thing I'm going to say about this subject. I'm sorry, I want this thread to be on topic, I wish it never diverted to this.

It looks like B&C values are declining rapidly on eBay for anyone that missed out. Keep waiting.
Sorry about this. I hope that the people here did not offend you. As a therapist that works with troubled kids, I can say that there are many factors that lead to this and sometimes the best of parents cannot protect their children from the danger of others.

I saw the corpse party le while I was browsing around BBY. Caved in and bought it since BBY sent me some email to get a free speaker with $50 purchase.

I know it had been discussed briefly here and that the second entry in the series could be skipped, but is the first one essential before playing this current one?
If you ever want to know what is going on in Corpse Party Blood Drive, it is best to know what happened in the first game. Or at least read up on the story online before jumping into the third game.

Trying not to say too much about the subject because ignorant people will talk crap regardless, but suicide aint no joke. I lost a friend not even a year ago. That along with a lot of other things made me spiral and crash hard. Its sad and like i said before.. Some people on here wouldnt be talking if they were really affected.

Jokes are jokes. We gotta be able to take them, but dont sit here and act like people deserve it and its no big deal.

On a happy and related note... Gaming and CAG has helped me out a lot during these times :)

If you ever want to know what is going on in Corpse Party Blood Drive, it is best to know what happened in the first game. Or at least read up on the story online before jumping into the third game.
Thanks! Will definitely read up on it now first and see if it rouses my curiosity for a playthrough.

bread's done
Back