PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
That page has a bunch of them including Asia, Japanese, and European releases. I'm not sure if it's exhaustive.
Also, if you see any of the following games for a decent price, snatch them up because they are extremely difficult to find:

Legends of War: Patton (Though one seller has it on Amazon UK, though if you live in the US you will have to use a forwarding service)

Jonah Lomu Rugby (Pops up on ebay)

Football Manager 2014 (Getting harder to find)

Dragonball Battle of Z (Got mine from Heavy Arm. Was a special request and it took Steve over 2 months to track it down for me)

Tadeo Jones - Spain only release, though you can play in English. (Pops up on ebay but it steadily becoming more and more expensive)

Also, there is an ESRB rated version of Epic Mickey 2 that was only released in Mexico, and apparently only bundled with a new Vita. There's one bundle up on MercadoLibre but its over $300, and I'm not paying that much for one game. Do yourself a favor and just grab the EU version. The release in Mexico isn't even Region 1, as for some reason Sony considers Mexico to be Region 4 in Mexico. (PS4 and PS3 in Mexico are still Region 1)

Hope you got Rebirth 1 LE (to complete the Nep collection) when you had the chance cause it is next to impossible (unless you have $1.5K to blow) to get it from eBay now.
Isn't one of the 3 games misprinted on the cards and doesn't read so only 1/3rd of the copies work? I think it may of been the 3rd game?

After finishing my first play through of Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble, I started downloading a bunch of games to my Vita this weekend. I figure at the very least this will make trying out some past purchases and PS+ games easier... then I'll just delete what I don't like and move on. I played a little Gravity Badgers. It's a bit like a generic version Angry Birds Space... except the goal is not to destroy but to get to an exit using a sling shot style launch. It's something like $0.59 right now if you need a gaming palette cleanser. Also finally got around to getting Crimsonland (I've had the iOS version for ages, but wanted to play it with real controls) and had a blast playing it. Oh and finally played Bastion. It's not quite what I was expecting. I was thinking more zelda open world... but it's more a tiny hub with segregated levels that you use a menu-map style interface to navigate to. Still, overall a good game... just not quite what I was expecting. To some degree the game feels a little loose with the aiming accuracy and stuff, but maybe that's just me not being used to it. I'd almost consider it more hack&slash than anything. Still, a good experience overall.

Welcome out of the shadows. I'm mostly buying digital now ... and most everything on sale (though that's nothing new as I've always been cheap with most of my game purchases).
if you get a chance pick up bullion blitz. Its free for the main version while the puzzle modes are extra. I had alot of fun with it. Still can't beat my one high score of 800k. Its a puzzle game where you try and get as many blocks together of the same color as possible before clicking.

As discussed previously, for those interested in getting a copy of Breach & Clear, the bundle from LRG is up.

It will be available on July 29th, next Friday @ 10AM EDT, and will only be up during the first wave.  They will only have 30 bundles available, so you will have to be fairly quick to grab one if interested.

The only caveat is that it is part of a fairly expensive bundle, so you will basically have to get in on everything as a part of that bundle if you want to grab Breach & Clear for the Vita.

Comes with some nice stuff, but it's only if you're interested in picking up all that other stuff that may make it more worth it.

BreachClear-Bundle_grande.png

Limited Run #14: Breach & Clear Franchise Bundle $119.99

Hopefully at this price they will actually find a box free of charge to ship everything. :p

As discussed previously, for those interested in getting a copy of Breach & Clear, the bundle from LRG is up.

It will be available on July 29th, next Friday @ 10AM EDT, and will only be up during the first wave. They will only have 30 bundles available, so you will have to be fairly quick to grab one if interested.

The only caveat is that it is part of a fairly expensive bundle, so you will basically have to get in on everything as a part of that bundle if you want to grab Breach & Clear for the Vita.

Comes with some nice stuff, but it's only if you're interested in picking up all that other stuff that may make it more worth it.

BreachClear-Bundle_grande.png

Limited Run #14: Breach & Clear Franchise Bundle $119.99

Hopefully at this price they will actually find a box free of charge to ship everything. :p
Nope , 5 dollarooossss

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Do any of you guys know if the Chinese-English release of Moero Crystal was cancelled?   It was announced back in September at TGS, but it looks like the only Chinese version available from Play-Asia and Heavyarm is Chinese-only.   

Almost missed this at the bottom of the description. Ordered the first time around so guess I'm out of luck this time.

"This item is limited to ONE per customer. If you have previously ordered Breach & Clear for Vita, we reserve the right to cancel your order to allow new fans a chance to get the game. The intention of this bundle is to try and get Breach & Clear into the hands of those who missed it."

It will be available on July 29th, next Friday @ 10AM EDT, and will only be up during the first wave. They will only have 30 bundles available, so you will have to be fairly quick to grab one if interested.

Almost missed this at the bottom of the description. Ordered the first time around so guess I'm out of luck this time.

"This item is limited to ONE per customer. If you have previously ordered Breach & Clear for Vita, we reserve the right to cancel your order to allow new fans a chance to get the game. The intention of this bundle is to try and get Breach & Clear into the hands of those who missed it."
That would work. If they didnt bundle the soundtracks and ask for $100 something

Do any of you guys know if the Chinese-English release of Moero Crystal was cancelled? It was announced back in September at TGS, but it looks like the only Chinese version available from Play-Asia and Heavyarm is Chinese-only.
I think someone mentioned here that Moero will have Chinese sub only, there was disappointment all around. I'm still buying it though.

Still mulling over whether to buy the standard edition of Shiren, or the 20th anniversary edition. It's practically double the price that I'd pay at Best Buy, and I've already got a lot going on financially... but Shiren is the shit.

I'm also concerned what would half I cancelled my Best Buy order. I'm pretty sure I used a digital gift card to pay for it, and I don't have the link for it now.

Still mulling over whether to buy the standard edition of Shiren, or the 20th anniversary edition. It's practically double the price that I'd pay at Best Buy, and I've already got a lot going on financially... but Shiren is the shit.
We still don't have confirmation if the LE comes in an actual box, do we?

We still don't have confirmation if the LE comes in an actual box, do we?
I asked them on Twitter (replying to their Tweet promoting the CE) and never got a reply. I'm taking that ghosting as a no, since I would think if it was in a collector's box they would have been happy to reply with good news.

My Vita purchasing these past couple of months have gone down by quite a bit. T____T
AHBkm5L.jpg
Don't worry Squarehard, I'm more than making up for anyone who feels they have been buying less vita games. So far in July I have picked up 112 vita games. Now that I'm so close to a complete set, I can't seem to stop myself. I think there are only 13 more games I need at this point. Then it's just a quest to keep up with new releases.

Don't worry Squarehard, I'm more than making up for anyone who feels they have been buying less vita games. So far in July I have picked up 112 vita games. Now that I'm so close to a complete set, I can't seem to stop myself. I think there are only 13 more games I need at this point. Then it's just a quest to keep up with new releases.
Too muchh, overloaddddddd[emoji95] [emoji95] [emoji95] [emoji95] [emoji95]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That's what I thought too... but then once I completed my US Vita set I got the urge to start on all the European exclusives... then the Asian-English exclusives... then the Japanese exclusives that weren't too language-reliant...

Really looking to get a second Vita and figured there were diehards in this thread that maybe imported or bought off ebay. I'm looking to either get a 2nd or 1st gen white or a lime, orange, or blue. Anyone know the be place for deals on them? 

That's what I thought too... but then once I completed my US Vita set I got the urge to start on all the European exclusives... then the Asian-English exclusives... then the Japanese exclusives that weren't too language-reliant...
DO you have a list somewhere? Im curious about the Asian-English releases but can't find a good resource.

Really looking to get a second Vita and figured there were diehards in this thread that maybe imported or bought off ebay. I'm looking to either get a 2nd or 1st gen white or a lime, orange, or blue. Anyone know the be place for deals on them?
I bought a 2nd gen blue and white off of Amazon. It was a better deal than Play Asia at the time, but it wasn't a great deal by most standards.

I had been waiting for a deal for several months on the US version, got antsy and figured if I was going to buy full price might as well get a cool looking one, so I bought from Amazon for about $10 more than the US version was going for at the time. I don't regret it. It took another four months for a bundle to show up.

If your in the US, give NCSX.com a go. I got my blue/white from them years ago, and I have been using them since the mid 90's for imports, and they offer many different shipping options and great service. I'm not sure of their current inventory, but it doesn't hurt to give them a look see.

I got an Aqua Blue Vita from GS late last year (already had two phats), and I really like the color. However, GS sold out of new copies, and they've become very hard to find. There are standard black versions on Ebay for around $150, but I haven't seen great prices on any of the colored ones.

DO you have a list somewhere? Im curious about the Asian-English releases but can't find a good resource.
I started with (what I believed was) a worldwide physical release list and whittled it down based on a lot of web searching to try and determine which titles had English voice or subs. This is what I have currently. I'm still not 100% certain that it's completely accurate (let me know if you guys see any errors or omissions).

Just so you know, the way I collect I have a hierarchy that I tend to follow for my collection. So some games in the list may be also available in lower-tier versions as well, which I ignore (e.g. New Little King's Story is available in both a European release and an Asian-English release, but I only have it listed in my European list).

1) North American

2) European

3) Asian/Japanese English Language

4) Asian/Japanese Minimal Language Needed

European Exclusive Releases

-------------------------------------------------

Best of Arcade Games

Child of Light: Complete Edition (US release doesn't include the extra DLC content)

Disney: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Football Manager Classic 2014

God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Handball 16

History: Legends of War

Invizimals: The Alliance

Invizimals: The Resistance

J-Stars Victory VS+

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

LittleBigPlanet Marvel Super Hero Edition

Looney Tunes: Galactic Sports

Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition (NA release is just a DLC code in a box)

MotoGP 13

MotoGP14

MUD: Fim Motocross World Championship

Muppets Movie Adventure

MXGP: The Official Motocross Video Game

New Little King's Story

One Piece: Burning Blood

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

Phineas & Ferb: Days of Doofensmirtz

Playstation Vita Pets

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Rugby 15

Rugby World Cup 2015

Space Hulk

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Tadeo Jones

Tadeo Jones y El Manuscrito Perdido

Teslagrad

WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 3

WCR: FIA World Rally Championship 5

WCR 5

Asian/Japanese Exclusive Releases w/ English

Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa

Airship Q (English added via patch)

Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy (only one game is on the card, the other two are DLC)

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

Deemo: The Last Recital

Digimon Story CyberSleuth

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster (X is also available, but I didn't include it since that's on-cart in the NA release)

Gundam Breaker 3

Hotline Miami Collected Edition (second game is just included as a DLC code)

MLB 15: The Show (NA is just DLC code in a box)

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force

Moe Chronicle

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Samurai Warriors 4-II

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+

Skullgirls: Second Encore

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Asian/Japanese Exclusive Releases w/ Minimal Language Needed

Bullet Girls

Bullet Girls 2

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition

Dokuro

Dragon Quest Builders

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

Hello Kitty to Issho! Block Crash V

IA / VT Colorful

Idolm@ster Must Songs Blue Board

Idolm@ster Must Songs Red Board

Miracle Girls Festival

Orgarhythm

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!

Sumioni: Demon Arts

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version

EDIT - moved Skullgirls to English list, added some clarifications to several titles

Airship Q

Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy
Just pointin it out.

But Airship Q isn't in English from the get go. It has an English Patch.

As for Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy, only one of those games is on the cart. The rest, you HAVE to download it off the HK PSN or whatever PSN it is associated with.

If your in the US, give NCSX.com a go. I got my blue/white from them years ago, and I have been using them since the mid 90's for imports, and they offer many different shipping options and great service. I'm not sure of their current inventory, but it doesn't hurt to give them a look see.
Holy fuck I haven't thought about NCSX in over 15 years. I used to import Dreamcast games from them. Thanks for the tip. They actually have the lime model at the lowest I've seen from an actual store.

I started with (what I believed was) a worldwide physical release list and whittled it down based on a lot of web searching to try and determine which titles had English voice or subs. This is what I have currently. I'm still not 100% certain that it's completely accurate (let me know if you guys see any errors or omissions).

Just so you know, the way I collect I have a hierarchy that I tend to follow for my collection. So some games in the list may be also available in lower-tier versions as well, which I ignore (e.g. New Little King's Story is available in both a European release and an Asian-English release, but I only have it listed in my European list).

1) North American

2) European

Best of Arcade Games

Child of Light: Complete Edition

God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Handball 16

J-Stars Victory VS+

MotoGP 13

MotoGP14

Muppets Movie Adventure

New Little King's Story

Playstation Vita Pets

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Rugby 15

Rugby World Cup 2015

Space Hulk

Tadeo Jones

Teslagrad

WCR 5

Airship Q

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster (X is also available, but I didn't include it since that's on-cart in the NA release)

Gundam Breaker 3

Moe Chronicle

Samurai Warriors 4-II

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Bullet Girls

Bullet Girls 2

Dokuro

Dragon Quest Builders

Hotline Miami Collected Edition

IA / VT Colorful

Miracle Girls Festival

Orgarhythm

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Holy F. Thanks a billion.

All three of my Vita's came from Craigslist. There was a fourth one acquired from a yard sale but I sold it to a co-worker at my previous job and he claimed the unit was MAC Address banned from PSN and caused his PSN account to get closed by Sony, but I can't verify if that claim was true or not.

Has anyone else ever come across one of the PS Vita demo units in the wild?

Thanks for the resource, been looking for a place like that other than Play-Asia

1) North American

2) European

Best of Arcade Games

Child of Light: Complete Edition

God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Handball 16

J-Stars Victory VS+

MotoGP 13

MotoGP14

Muppets Movie Adventure

New Little King's Story

Playstation Vita Pets

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Rugby 15

Rugby World Cup 2015

Space Hulk

Tadeo Jones

Teslagrad

WCR 5

Airship Q

Gundam Breaker 3

Moe Chronicle

Samurai Warriors 4-II

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Bullet Girls

Bullet Girls 2

Dokuro

Dragon Quest Builders

Hotline Miami Collected Edition

IA / VT Colorful

Miracle Girls Festival

Orgarhythm

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Thanks. I wish there was a PS3 and PS4 list too.

Holy fuck I haven't thought about NCSX in over 15 years. I used to import Dreamcast games from them. Thanks for the tip. They actually have the lime model at the lowest I've seen from an actual store.
Same here. I picked up my PAL copy of Shenmue II ... as well as Rez and a few other games along the way through ncsx. I used to use LIksang as well and then ebay for the rest of my imports. Liksang died long ago. In more modern times, I think every import I have picked up has been through Amazon resellers where the items are already in the Amazon warehouses.

OMG, back in the day, I spent thousands annually with NCS(as it was at the time, before internet was full swing), as I did all my orders back then over the phone. I was on a first name basis with Susan I think was her name, as I called them a few times a week, and she knew me by voice. I can't tell you guys how often I got Saturday delivery for items that got released on Fridays. My God, what was I thinking back then?

All I did was work, and import games back then. They used to do system mods to, as I had an all white Saturn from them at one point, as well as the GC Panasonic Q, which was also modded to play Japanese titles(and US).

I still get items from them now and again, but I rarely import games much anymore except for the ASIA English games, and they don't carry those often, otherwise I would use them all the time. So I use Play-Asia or other places, but they still have some rather cool items, and systems. I mostly use them now for video game related items Zippo Lighters, or the Okami Snow Globe, or other rare collectibles that Play-Asia sales out of in like a day.

Even though their pricing can be a little higher sometimes, I find having cheap US delivery options more than makes up for that, as getting high value items from overseas can be costly in the shipping dept, as we are seeing with Rice recently.

All three of my Vita's came from Craigslist. There was a fourth one acquired from a yard sale but I sold it to a co-worker at my previous job and he claimed the unit was MAC Address banned from PSN and caused his PSN account to get closed by Sony, but I can't verify if that claim was true or not.

Has anyone else ever come across one of the PS Vita demo units in the wild?
You can find them at ebay, just saw one yesterday.

What's good of demo unit if it shutdowns every 5 minutes?

That's my worry. If I do start going for imports....it will be selective. I used to import PS1 games while studying Japanese in college, but I really don't wish to do that again. I learned just enough to be frustrated but how much I didn't know.

Is Gravity Rush worth it for $8.09? I saw it used to be 89¢ over a year ago in a flash sale so I don't know if I want to bite on it now or wait longer

bread's done
Back