PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Gravity Rush has its flaws, but it's absolutely worth playing and a great deal at $8. It's got charming characters, an expansive world, and being in total control of gravity is a unique and amazing experience.

On the off chance that this is helpful for anyone, Gravity Rush reminded me of the old Spiderman 2 for GC/PS2. It's got an open world filled with pickups that actually affect gameplay and little challenges that showcase how fun the movement system can be. It's the closest parallel that I can draw, so hopefully someone else had fun with that game back in the day and knows what I'm talking about!

On the off chance that this is helpful for anyone, Gravity Rush reminded me of the old Spiderman 2 for GC/PS2. It's got an open world filled with pickups that actually affect gameplay and little challenges that showcase how fun the movement system can be. It's the closest parallel that I can draw, so hopefully someone else had fun with that game back in the day and knows what I'm talking about!
I used to love Spiderman 2 back in the day--thanks for the info!

I started with (what I believed was) a worldwide physical release list and whittled it down based on a lot of web searching to try and determine which titles had English voice or subs. This is what I have currently. I'm still not 100% certain that it's completely accurate (let me know if you guys see any errors or omissions).

Just so you know, the way I collect I have a hierarchy that I tend to follow for my collection. So some games in the list may be also available in lower-tier versions as well, which I ignore (e.g. New Little King's Story is available in both a European release and an Asian-English release, but I only have it listed in my European list).

1) North American

2) European

3) Asian/Japanese English Language

4) Asian/Japanese Minimal Language Needed

European Exclusive Releases

-------------------------------------------------

Best of Arcade Games

Child of Light: Complete Edition

Disney: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Football Manager Classic 2014

God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Handball 16

History: Legends of War

Invizimals: The Alliance

Invizimals: The Resistance

J-Stars Victory VS+

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

LittleBigPlanet Marvel Super Hero Edition

Looney Tunes: Galactic Sports

Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition (NA release is just a DLC code in a box)

MotoGP 13

MotoGP14

MUD: Fim Motocross World Championship

Muppets Movie Adventure

MXGP: The Official Motocross Video Game

New Little King's Story

One Piece: Burning Blood

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

Phineas & Ferb: Days of Doofensmirtz

Playstation Vita Pets

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Rugby 15

Rugby World Cup 2015

Space Hulk

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

Tadeo Jones

Tadeo Jones y El Manuscrito Perdido

Teslagrad

WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 3

WCR: FIA World Rally Championship 5

WCR 5

Asian/Japanese Exclusive Releases w/ English

Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa

Airship Q

Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

Deemo: The Last Recital

Digimon Story CyberSleuth

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster (X is also available, but I didn't include it since that's on-cart in the NA release)

Gundam Breaker 3

MLB 15: The Show (NA is just DLC code in a box)

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force

Moe Chronicle

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Samurai Warriors 4-II

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Asian/Japanese Exclusive Releases w/ Minimal Language Needed

Bullet Girls

Bullet Girls 2

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition

Dokuro

Dragon Quest Builders

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

Hello Kitty to Issho! Block Crash V

Hotline Miami Collected Edition

IA / VT Colorful

Idolm@ster Must Songs Blue Board

Idolm@ster Must Songs Red Board

Miracle Girls Festival

Orgarhythm

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari

Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!

Skullgirls: Second Encore

Sumioni: Demon Arts

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version
Child of Light: Complete Edition has a US physical release. Hotline Miami Collected Edition is in full English, but the second game is on a code. Skullgirls: Second Encore PS4 is in full English but I can't confirm for Vita. I think Orgarhythm is in English too and I can check later.

https://smile.amazon.com/Child-Light-PlayStation-Vita-Standard/dp/B00UI0JKW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468978793&sr=8-1&keywords=Child+of+Light

Child of Light: Complete Edition has a US physical release. Hotline Miami Collected Edition is in full English, but the second game is on a code. Skullgirls: Second Encore PS4 is in full English but I can't confirm for Vita. I think Orgarhythm is in English too and I can check later.

https://smile.amazon.com/Child-Light-PlayStation-Vita-Standard/dp/B00UI0JKW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468978793&sr=8-1&keywords=Child+of+Light
Skullgirls Vita (JPN) defaults to the system language. Language is fully customizable, meaning you can switch it to JPN and Eng.

I didn't know about Hotline Miami, thanks for that. Sucks the 2nd game is a code, but physical for one is better than none.

Child of Light has a US release. The Complete Edition does not. The Euro release has 7 DLC packs included on the card.

My copies of Skullgirls and Orgarhythm are both still sealed, thanks for the clarification there, I'll edit the original post.

I'm planning on doing an import of the following Asian release games, since I'm an import newbie, would like some insight from import veterans on the prices I am getting:

God Eater Resurrection - $50

Trials FC Evolution - $38

Nights of Azure - $47

Thanks.

I'm planning on doing an import of the following Asian release games, since I'm an import newbie, would like some insight from import veterans on the prices I am getting:

God Eater Resurrection - $50

Trials FC Evolution - $38

Nights of Azure - $47

Thanks.
Japanese or Chinese release?

Well yeah because they don't have watches to send out. Never believe CS and just be patient and you'll get them like everyone else.
I contacted them and some guy said they actually have the watches and sent me a "replacement". Now I have 6 copies of SE ZTDs, 4 on vita, 2 on 3ds...

Many thanks. Unfortunately that God Eater is used (title says used and condition listed as brand new...), and that Nights is about the same price after shipping. I will see if I can haggle some more with my seller. Anyway, thanks again.

There is no Eng ver of Trials FC Evolution
Unfortunately no. I will try my best to play the Asian with my very very limited language skills.

So I ordered Zero Time Dilemma from Best Buy when they had that recent restock and it came yesterday....in a well protected box.  I was fully expecting a bubble mailer for this one and frankly, it probably wouldn't have hurt had it been sent in one.  It was the first time I have ever seen them ship a plain old Vita game in a box though.

Same here. I picked up my PAL copy of Shenmue II ... as well as Rez and a few other games along the way through ncsx. I used to use LIksang as well and then ebay for the rest of my imports. Liksang died long ago. In more modern times, I think every import I have picked up has been through Amazon resellers where the items are already in the Amazon warehouses.
I looked at that and the Vitas look like they are actually shipping from Japan. Most sellers beg you to choose expedited for 50 bucks. NCSX seems to offer priority shipping for only 5 bucks more than the best deal I can find on Amazon or Ebay. Ebay has had some decent sales in the past. I guess other than incredible Creed deals that happened with Target clearance I can't recall any amazing deals on colored Vita units. The GS exclusive Blue was 150 at some point, right? I'm looking at about 220 for the Blue,White, and Orange at NCSX and 245 for a Lime/White one. Would love to get one super cheap but would prefer new considering how invested I am in Vita now and my suspicion that these units will go up in value dramatically over the next few years.

Is Gravity Rush worth it for $8.09? I saw it used to be 89¢ over a year ago in a flash sale so I don't know if I want to bite on it now or wait longer
If you have a PS4, save yourself a headache and get the remastered version instead. It apparently fixes a lot of the flaws with the original game. I completed the vita version a month or two ago and had horrible problems with the touchscreen controls. Not only that they are difficult to control, but that the game would literally break the touchscreen function.

In the game, you have to hold down on the touchscreen in the left and right corner to slide along the ground. More times than I could count, when I stopped touching the screen the game still thought both fingers were down and the bottom left and right quadrants of the touchscreen became unresponsive. That required putting the system into sleep mode and waiting 30-40 seconds for the green light on the top of the system to go out (so that it goes into deep sleep mode) to reset the touchscreen. That's after I searched online and found that fix when it kept happening, before that I was having to power down and restart the system every time.

The remastered version also comes with all the 3 pieces of paid DLC which adds costumes and more missions.

For the Vita at least.

It's getting Setsuna'd. :*(

It still have digital at least though, but still blows.
Rip for Setsuna. $40 digital only too big of a price tag. second time in the last few weeks I've seen something I want but the digital only price tag was too much, the other being the new Hitman

Tried to Google if Fate Extella has dual audio, but couldn't find any info. Maybe the Japanese news vets know anything...?
Besides announcing it getting a Western Localization, there has been no information about Fate Extella getting dual audio.

I highly doubt Fate Extella will get dual audio/eng dub. It will likely be Eng sub only

Besides announcing it getting a Western Localization, there has been no information about Fate Extella getting dual audio.

I highly doubt Fate Extella will get dual audio/eng dub. It will likely be Eng sub only
Here's the news vet to the rescue! Thanks, I will keep an closer eye on it now, hope BBY puts up the preorder soon, they are always a step behind Amazon for some reason.

Hate dub only games, especially on ones that I am accustomed to the anime voices. But at the same time many people hate sub only games.

BTW I just found out last week that Aimer's entire album "Dawn" (with the awesome song "Brave Shine" from UBW) is available on Prime Music, saved me the hassle of importing the CD for that song. The English version performed by AmaLee I have not heard before, but it is available for purchase too.

Here's the news vet to the rescue! Thanks, I will keep an closer eye on it now, hope BBY puts up the preorder soon, they are always a step behind Amazon for some reason.

Hate dub only games, especially on ones that I am accustomed to the anime voices. But at the same time many people hate sub only games.
It depends on the budget. If they want to be cheap, they'll go dub only.

You can find them at ebay, just saw one yesterday.

What's good of demo unit if it shutdowns every 5 minutes?
It's a completionist thing from a collector's stand point, otherwise a pain in the next to put up with, but mind came with a 16GB memory card installed.

I looked at that and the Vitas look like they are actually shipping from Japan. Most sellers beg you to choose expedited for 50 bucks. NCSX seems to offer priority shipping for only 5 bucks more than the best deal I can find on Amazon or Ebay. Ebay has had some decent sales in the past. I guess other than incredible Creed deals that happened with Target clearance I can't recall any amazing deals on colored Vita units. The GS exclusive Blue was 150 at some point, right? I'm looking at about 220 for the Blue,White, and Orange at NCSX and 245 for a Lime/White one. Would love to get one super cheap but would prefer new considering how invested I am in Vita now and my suspicion that these units will go up in value dramatically over the next few years.
yeah i will have to look into getting one soon also, i know that my two i use each region will die at some point but i would only go new anyway, i dont think they have stopped making them for japan so if thats true then you should be able to get one, i saw a couple of months ago new jp colored ones for retail price still in stock

Not because you guys asked me for it, well actually some of you did and I pretty flatly said no, but because someone else really really wanted it baadly enough to actually put in the effort and make the rough draft. If you have a GameFAQs account be sure to thank oldmario for his efforts on making this happen, because I sincerely would not have tackled this solo!

And now I am very proud to present ...

PS Vita Western Europe (Region 2) Physical Game Checklist:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Yes, it's really a thing now. You may all sleep peacefully tonight now knowing this collecting tool exists... unless there are games missing from your collection that will cause you to agonize over how you couldn't check off all the boxes on this R2 checklist truthfully. Your Welcome.  :joystick:

Seriously though, please report any errors or missing titles. On a project of this scale mistakes can an do happen, and Western European game releases are not in my normal field of study.

Already a correction has been made to the Region 2 Checklist. Two titles removed from the list which were digital-only titles in Western Europe. Which presently has R2 W.E. at 163 physical game releases same as Region 1, but with about thirty titles in each region the other never got in a physical release format if at all.

126 hours in, and I finally get to the "proper" ending for Persona 4 Golden. Got pretty much all of the playable characters into level 90+ territory. Maxed out quite a large number of social links. (but not all of them) Maxed out all of the protagonist's qualities, and fused every available persona. Gonna go ahead and set that one aside for the time being. I'll probably revisit it eventually to have some fun with the New Game+ mode. But for now I need a break. Plenty of projects that need addressing.

Not sure where to post this, but I'll put it here, and it can be posted elsewhere later I suppose(Do we have a PS4 deals thread?).

Vblank is re-issuing RCR DX for the PS4, and it also has a digital PSP release as well. The first 3000 copies are individually numbered and unique from the last release. It drops tomorrow at 10AM PT.

http://vblank.com/20160719.php

Not sure where to post this, but I'll put it here, and it can be posted elsewhere later I suppose(Do we have a PS4 deals thread?).

Vblank is re-issuing RCR DX for the PS4, and it also has a digital PSP release as well. The first 3000 copies are individually numbered and unique from the last release. It drops tomorrow at 10AM PT.

http://vblank.com/20160719.php
Milking that cow

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Milking that cow

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was able to get the first release, but sold it as I don't have a PS4. But I'll double dip on this one for the PSP partial physical version, as that's pretty cool. I wish the UMD could have been produced, as that would have been awesome.

The Vita version of World of Final Fantasy is getting a Limited Edition across various retailers.  The PS4 version though has a CE as a Square Enix store exclusive.

The PSP version of RCR:DX is crossbuy with the PS4/PS3/Vita version...probably one of the only games (possibly the only game?) to be 4 way crossbuy.  So if you already own it digitally, you are good to go to play it on the PSP as it should show free in the store.  I'm guessing the voucher for the PSP version will unlock all 4 versions due to the cross-buy?  Still, it seems like most people should already have this for one reason or another.  It was free on PS+ December 2012.  It has been super cheap in sales including January 2016's flash sale where it was $2.50.

Hmmm, looks like the Square Enix store only has the Day One Edition of the Vita version available to preorder.  In fact there doesn't seem to be a Limited Edition version of the Vita version available (yet) despite the news article mentioning it.  They do have the PS4 versions of the CE and LE available to preorder though. 

Hmmm, looks like the Square Enix store only has the Day One Edition of the Vita version available to preorder. In fact there doesn't seem to be a Limited Edition version of the Vita version available (yet) despite the news article mentioning it. They do have the PS4 versions of the CE and LE available to preorder though.
How would they do an LE for a digital only game?

bread's done
Back