PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I found one of these cases on clearance at walmart for 7.50. Should it work fine? https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Travel-Pouch/dp/B006PP41Q8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469312380&sr=8-1&keywords=ps+vita+travel+pouch

I don't plan on travelling any with it. I'm going to be primarily playing at home. I'm going to buy a grip, I just haven't decided which one yet. I'll keep an eye out for a 32 gb on craigslist. 50 bucks is still a bit steep for me at the moment.

I'll keep an eye out for a 32 gb on craigslist. 50 bucks is still a bit steep for me at the moment.

A grip. There are a ton out there so just find one that looks comfortable. The 1000 is especially annoying when it comes to accidentally bumping the rear touch pad. On top of that, trying to curl up your fingers to avoid the touch pad is really uncomfortable. A grip helps a lot!
its only annoying if you use the back pad though.

Got these over the past few months. Not as much as Square though. (I always had Toukiden Kiwami but I just got a case/boxart to go with it.)

Funny enough, besides Zero Time Dilemma and Octodad, I got all of them from Gamestop

I found one of these cases on clearance at walmart for 7.50. Should it work fine? https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Travel-Pouch/dp/B006PP41Q8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469312380&sr=8-1&keywords=ps+vita+travel+pouch

I don't plan on travelling any with it. I'm going to be primarily playing at home. I'm going to buy a grip, I just haven't decided which one yet. I'll keep an eye out for a 32 gb on craigslist. 50 bucks is still a bit steep for me at the moment.

I'll keep an eye out for a 32 gb on craigslist. 50 bucks is still a bit steep for me at the moment.
I use that pouch whenever I travel and stick it in a backback. It holds the Vita (1000 in my case), earbuds, portable battery, and this 8 game case that also holds 2 memory cards https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Card-Case/dp/B006JKARPS. It's great. If you're going to use it just as somewhere to stick the Vita at home, you'll be fine.

I actually really like rail shooters so have been looking forward to this game and was actually planning too order this incredibly overpriced edition once my funds settled but then the inevitable Britannian Empire x Roman, err, European Union fallout transpired and the shipping jumped over night from "free" to $30 making it even more exceptionally expensive that it had been.

I used to hold out for Vita games to hit $20, but now it seems like a lot of games never make it that far.

I tried to snag Toukiden Kiwami for $20.99 new at Gamestop, but I returned it because it was gutted. There was no new copy to exchange for, and now I can't even get a used one for $20.99. Code: Realize was on clearance at Best Buy for $29.99 and now is OOS.

OTOH, Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Ever After Edition is still available new, and the price has plummeted.

Are y'all just snapping games up at MSRP, minus 20% from GCU/Prime? Or are you waiting for sales?

For Odin Sphere and Zero Time Dilemma Best Buy sold quickly, and Gamestop is down to gutted copy.  I mean Vita isn't even listed at gamestop front page.   

I used to hold out for Vita games to hit $20, but now it seems like a lot of games never make it that far.

I tried to snag Toukiden Kiwami for $20.99 new at Gamestop, but I returned it because it was gutted. There was no new copy to exchange for, and now I can't even get a used one for $20.99. Code: Realize was on clearance at Best Buy for $29.99 and now is OOS.

OTOH, Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Ever After Edition is still available new, and the price has plummeted.

Are y'all just snapping games up at MSRP, minus 20% from GCU/Prime? Or are you waiting for sales?
The vita has caught on. You could get away with letting prices drop two years ago but not anymore :(

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That Gal Gun CE just doesn't look like it has a lot of stuff included with it for the price.  Also, while the box may be huge, I'm guessing it's light as the only reason it seems to be so big is the wall scroll.  It's also a prime candidate for being smushed in transit, especially overseas.  Will have to pass unless the price comes down a lot.

Yeah, all I ever want from these sets are the art book(as that's my kryptonite), so I just ordered the "launch edition" from VGP, as that has the DLC, and the art book(the only things of interest to me).

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/galgun-double-peace-vgp-exclusive-launch-edition-artbook-costume-dlc-vita-free-shipping-p-23882.html

I don't think I've listened to one CD from any LE bundle I've ever bought, and I'm not much in to wall scrolls either, so that Rice set seemed like a waste cost wise.

I have also had issues with their packaging in the past, and I wasn't about to pay $100 for a damaged set. Free shipping was an option early on, and now with the $30 for that, even if a HUGE sale happens, I'll still probably be skipping this bundle.

That's crazy about ZTD. VLR is still available for cheap. I guess they wised up and shrank the production run.

Do Vita memory cards ever seem to go on sale significantly? Looking for a cheaper 64gb or would even settle for 32gb
Generally, no, not anymore. The 64 GB model in particular was never properly on sale to begin with. It was only commercially released in Japan, so you could only get it as an import purchase, or buying it used from someone who imported it. The 32 GB version was only ever discounted when it went on clearance from certain stores. I did used to see the 16 GB model occasionally go on sale. I was able to pick one up for $19.99 on Black Friday one year. But aside from that it's just clearance, and most stores don't carry them any longer anyway.

Look in the clearance end-caps and cross your fingers. If you're very lucky, you might be able to find a 32 GB model that way. Aside from that, it's just eBay or importing.

Yeah, all I ever want from these sets are the art book(as that's my kryptonite), so I just ordered the "launch edition" from VGP, as that has the DLC, and the art book(the only things of interest to me).

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/galgun-double-peace-vgp-exclusive-launch-edition-artbook-costume-dlc-vita-free-shipping-p-23882.html

I don't think I've listened to one CD from any LE bundle I've ever bought, and I'm not much in to wall scrolls either, so that Rice set seemed like a waste cost wise.

I have also had issues with their packaging in the past, and I wasn't about to pay $100 for a damaged set. Free shipping was an option early on, and now with the $30 for that, even if a HUGE sale happens, I'll still probably be skipping this bundle.
I'm the same way about art books. More and more, I just order the standalone book if it exists. Otherwise, I just track one down on eBay. You can get most for $10 or less

Very true. Many games don't use it at all. I just find it aggravating when it gets in the way. Maybe I've got a low tolerance for things like that.
Yeap, few that do like the soccer games I just turn off the backpad in game though, might put my dusty grips on it and try the backscreen again on them since the mechanics work well when not in the way of my fingers. Racing games are also good to use the grips like the F1 game.

Many Vita games don't go down as much true. Only ones for sure are IFI games (generally think cause the quantity of titles is high, while the quality of titles is mid to low), NISA not limited games, and eventually XSeed games before they sell out (such as Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus). Aksys too as well, though they seem slower except for games that reached clearance like the otomate games. I am hoping Gal Gun reaches $20 as well like Steins:Gate did......if it doesn't....i'll probaly get the PS4 one eventually since it seems to play better.

The print run for Vita games seems to be shrinking and shrinking though. I would count on some like World of Final Fantasy to have a decent print run, since it's S-E, but for others it's a crap shoot. I feel Shiren just doesn't have a crazy high print run count, so I wont chance that. Everything else.....bring on the discounts!

Generally, no, not anymore. The 64 GB model in particular was never properly on sale to begin with. It was only commercially released in Japan, so you could only get it as an import purchase, or buying it used from someone who imported it. The 32 GB version was only ever discounted when it went on clearance from certain stores. I did used to see the 16 GB model occasionally go on sale. I was able to pick one up for $19.99 on Black Friday one year. But aside from that it's just clearance, and most stores don't carry them any longer anyway.

Look in the clearance end-caps and cross your fingers. If you're very lucky, you might be able to find a 32 GB model that way. Aside from that, it's just eBay or importing.
Wasn't the 32gb $40 at GS on BF last year?

One thing for sure, with any new Vita game releases from BB, you need to preorder ASAP. They are only carrying small quantities of the new games that come out, and usually once they sell out, they're gone from BB forever. A recent example is Odin Sphere, it almost immediately sold out and is gone now. I preordered Shiren already, and plan to pre-order Shantae once it goes active. GCU makes it a bit more tolerable to pay for new releases.

That Gal Gun CE just doesn't look like it has a lot of stuff included with it for the price. Also, while the box may be huge, I'm guessing it's light as the only reason it seems to be so big is the wall scroll. It's also a prime candidate for being smushed in transit, especially overseas. Will have to pass unless the price comes down a lot.
well that is true, havent checked if they went back in stock on rice but it was originally high because u were basically paying more for free shipping

One thing for sure, with any new Vita game releases from BB, you need to preorder ASAP. They are only carrying small quantities of the new games that come out, and usually once they sell out, they're gone from BB forever. A recent example is Odin Sphere, it almost immediately sold out and is gone now. I preordered Shiren already, and plan to pre-order Shantae once it goes active. GCU makes it a bit more tolerable to pay for new releases.
Agreed 100%. Best Buys in my area are desolate of Vita games, though the sections were never big to begin with. Their stock is dwindling and frankly the number of physical Vita games is dwindling as well overall. Anything you want, you should get early enough.

The vita has caught on. You could get away with letting prices drop two years ago but not anymore :(

well that and the majority of copies were shipping delayed or damaged after the accident with the watches possibly exploding/melting.

Do Vita memory cards ever seem to go on sale significantly? Looking for a cheaper 64gb or would even settle for 32gb
very very rarely on rakuten sp? and ebay. 32 good luck with that. I haven't heard of one going on sale. You might be able to find a deal on amazon warehouse or at walmarts since they are clearancing them out.

I thought it was just the watches. https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/746466243826180096
yes and as a result they had to ship replacement copies or copies without watches out to people. We don't know the extent of what happened with the watches but judging by the damage on the copies people did get we can speculate whatever happened was pretty bad since copies arrived partially melted >.>

They also said game/watch bundle. And their word is kinda grain of salt considering they said the games would be on time an we all know how that ended up >.>

Best Buy never had the watch.

Gamestop ship them separately

Amazon has the watch and standard version as separate SKU.  The watch version sold out long time ago.

The problem with the watch didn't cause shortage

I want to wait for sales but with print runs seemingly getting smaller I haven't really seen recently release get cheaper enough to justify risking it for a sale then have to buy from a reseller later for a higher price. Having GCU & Prime helps a lot too.

My strategy has become to basically pre-order everything from Best Buy when possible.  Then I can return it to the store if the price tanks somewhere else in the return window.  Print runs are getting small it seems.  However occasionally this backfires, see Trillion.

My strategy has become to basically pre-order everything from Best Buy when possible. Then I can return it to the store if the price tanks somewhere else in the return window. Print runs are getting small it seems. However occasionally this backfires, see Trillion.
That falls under my IFI games generally always fall in price. Quantity over quality easily for those games. MeiQ is tempting me, although the game looks generally OK overall. Plus I do like mechs....I don't know with September being so crowded.

Trade two metal gears for 39
Walked out with Madden 13, Xblaze Lost memories, Assassin Chronicles, and Aegis of Earth which were all for the vita.

Used a B2g1

Total spent 69 and all complete

Employee tried to add protection warranty on all the games without telling me but I caught him.

The panties are expensive. Some people already got their ricedigital orders last week.

1469215917249.jpg

It'd be really nice if amazon included the preorder launch edition bonuses.

Wasn't the 32gb $40 at GS on BF last year?
Not last year. Last year only the 16gb went on sale for $20 at gamestop and amazon. The year before, the 32gb did go on sale for $40 though.

I had to email Best Buy for mine, but the next day I received a reply and within 24 hours the points were available on my account. 

Still no details on the Shiren LE as far as whether it's all housed in a CE box or all individual items, right?

My Best Buy order shipped Sunday and I'm still able to return it within the next month, so I guess I'll wait for an unboxing video, or pictures or something.

And snap; I just realized it comes out tomorrow. I been waiting for some roguelike goodness for so long, then recent events caused me to forget all about it.

Still waiting for Nintendo's approval of Adventure Labyrinth Story on 3DS..

And snap; I just realized it comes out tomorrow. I been waiting for some roguelike goodness for so long, then recent events caused me to forget all about it.

Still waiting for Nintendo's approval of Adventure Labyrinth Story on 3DS..
It's easily one of the best IMHO. Very tough, but simple enough. One of my favorite rogue type games, right next to ADOM and Nethack. Just fun and it feels good when you keep progressing. Also gold weapons/shield......trust me and power up those bad boys! They will help you for a long while.

bread's done
Back