PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

It is good to see Japan getting additional colours. Continued releases over there mean that the Vita will continue to survive, and we can still enjoy game releases and localized titles over here. For the time being Japan is keeping the Vita alive, even if its prospects in the U.S. seem to have tanked. (at least where brick-and-mortar retail is concerned)

Just received my Psycho Pass LE in a bubble mailer.

Surprisingly, it wasn't smushed, and this kind of box I'm kind of surprised.

There's a small tear on the bottom, but it seems more like a manufacturing defect than it was as a result of shipping damage.

I'd take this at 20% off any day. ^__^

It is good to see Japan getting additional colours. Continued releases over there mean that the Vita will continue to survive, and we can still enjoy game releases and localized titles over here. For the time being Japan is keeping the Vita alive, even if its prospects in the U.S. seem to have tanked. (at least where brick-and-mortar retail is concerned)
Exactly like the psp.

There's a small tear on the bottom, but it seems more like a manufacturing defect than it was as a result of shipping damage.

Just checked my GameStop order history. Shows they shipped out my copy yesterday and it's tracking number indicates it should be delivered sometime tomorrow. But the fools shipped it UPS, so I'm expecting it to arrive in a package that will look like it was run over by a truck and then got jammed in a lawnmower. Will let y'all know how it turns out upon arrival, unless I'm at work in which case will post about it tomorrow night.

Got mine too. It's bigger than I expected.

Luckily, it was shipped with my ZTD watch and ToCS II (and Transformers The Movie steelbook) ... which forced them to ship it in a box.

Got mine too. It's bigger than I expected.

Luckily, it was shipped with my ZTD watch and ToCS II (and Transformers The Movie steelbook) ... which forced them to ship it in a box.
Yeah, this box is quite massive, and much bigger than expected, lol. Certainly not as big as Operation Abyss or Stranger of the Sword, but certainly not a small one at all.

Uh.... are their two different box arts for the Limited Edition of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness?!  :???:

The box art as shown on the NISA website is different from the clearly retail packaged box art of the "limited edition" that has just turned up on Ebay! Now taking close note that the box art image on the NISA product page is labeled as "Collector's Box". Can anyone who ordered from NISA confirm if their copy is indeed in the "collector's box" that looks like the one in the image below? If so then there are two different L.E.'s of this game!

This is the fresh Ebay listing that has raised this point of inquiry.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-Vita-PSYCHO-PASS-Mandatory-Happiness-LIMITED-EDITION-SPECIAL-Playstation-VITA-/122091341649?hash=item1c6d360751:g:4qAAAOSwPCVX2D0X

Versus the picture that has been shown on the NISA product page now for the last couple of months.:

collector_s_box.jpg

The picture you posted literally says "*Art Not Final". So they probably decided to go for the box art used in the eBay page. I doubt a company as niche as NIS could afford to be printing out different boxes depending on the retailer. It just doesn't seem worth it. 

It clearly says Art Not Final.

The picture you posted literally says "*Art Not Final". So they probably decided to go for the box art used in the eBay page. I doubt a company as niche as NIS could afford to be printing out different boxes depending on the retailer. It just doesn't seem worth it.
Atlus did.

Uh.... are their two different box arts for the Limited Edition of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness?! :???:

The box art as shown on the NISA website is different from the clearly retail packaged box art of the "limited edition" that has just turned up on Ebay! Now taking close note that the box art image on the NISA product page is labeled as "Collector's Box". Can anyone who ordered from NISA confirm if their copy is indeed in the "collector's box" that looks like the one in the image below? If so then there are two different L.E.'s of this game!

This is the fresh Ebay listing that has raised this point of inquiry.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-Vita-PSYCHO-PASS-Mandatory-Happiness-LIMITED-EDITION-SPECIAL-Playstation-VITA-/122091341649?hash=item1c6d360751:g:4qAAAOSwPCVX2D0X

Versus the picture that has been shown on the NISA product page now for the last couple of months.:
It clearly says Art Not Final.

Atlus did.
Just so everybody knows, NISA has kind of been doing this new thing of late where they put a slipcover over their LEs, but once you remove the slipcover, the box art shown on the website, is the box art that's inside the slipcover.

So no, there aren't two box arts, but there is a slipcover that has a different cover, but when you remove it it reveals the actual box art.

They did the exact same thing with Grand Kingdom and Touhou.

Seems like the direction they're moving now with their LEs.

Of course, if you never open your LEs, then you'd probably never see the "real" box art. ;D

Just so everybody knows, NISA has kind of been doing this new thing of late where they put a slipcover over their LEs, but once you remove the slipcover, the box art shown on the website, is the box art that's inside the slipcover.

So no, there aren't two box arts, but there is a slipcover that has a different cover, but when you remove it it reveals the actual box art.

Of course, if you never open your LEs, then you'd probably never see the "real" box art. ;D
Cool, I'm quite fond of slipcovers myself. One of the main reasons I'm thinking of picking up the launch edition of God Eater 2: Rage Burst for PS4.

Hah. I just opened mine and you're right. That's pretty cool. I don't care for the standard box art/slipcover art, but the collectors box itself is nice.

Cool, I'm quite fond of slipcovers myself. One of the main reasons I'm thinking of picking up the launch edition of God Eater 2: Rage Burst for PS4.
Yeah, they're basically the sleeves that has all the information on it, like the fine print, description, rating, blah blah blah.

Once you remove it, it'll be just a box art upon box art design. :D

It's the slip cover unique to NIS store?
Nope, I got mine from Amazon.

Looks to be standard across all retailers.

Hah. I just opened mine and you're right. That's pretty cool. I don't care for the standard box art/slipcover art, but the collectors box itself is nice.
Right? It's a neat idea, but interesting that they just all of a sudden started doing it this way. Of course for previous LE sets they appear to be doing the same type of box, probably for consistency sake, and that they'll match when you put them next to each other.

bread's done
Back