PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
And that having been said. How many Vita games do you guys/gals have on pre-order currently?

At present moment I've now got the following titles pre-ordered:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Muv-Luv Trilogy: Collector's Box

Shovel Knight

Summon Night 6: Wonderful Edition

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls Limited Edition

And another LRG sale goes live in less than twelve hours, gaaah!

World of Final Fantasy

Yomawari: Night Alone + htol#NiQ

Shantae Half-Genie Hero: Risky Beats Edition

just played psycho-pass. this game is definitely made for PS4 or PSTV playing on a big screen. the letters are so fuck ing small on my PSV1000 screen and hurt my eyes after half an hour. To people who know the show, do I need to watch the show before playing the game? Or does the game share the same story as the show?
watch the first 6 episode .

It's getting a digital release here--the announcement yesterday was wrong: http://gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-ps-vita-early-2017
Update 10:05 p.m. on 9/15/16: Bandai Namco sent Gematsu an “updated correction”—a correction of its previous correction—at 9:52 p.m. backpedaling its PS Vita announcement. According to the new press release, the game will be available “exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system in both digital and boxed-retail versions.”
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-early-2017#6uURXf4m6idJvcUl.99

Haha that is funny lol 

iaKH22J.gif

And that having been said. How many Vita games do you guys/gals have on pre-order currently?

Shovel Knight

Those and more. Basically everything that is available for preorder.

World of Final Fantasy

Yomawari: Night Alone + htol#NiQ

Shantae Half-Genie Hero: Risky Beats Edition
Same exact list.

Update 10:05 p.m. on 9/15/16: Bandai Namco sent Gematsu an “updated correction”—a correction of its previous correction—at 9:52 p.m. backpedaling its PS Vita announcement. According to the new press release, the game will be available “exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system in both digital and boxed-retail versions.”
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-early-2017#6uURXf4m6idJvcUl.99
Bamco Asia, don't fail us now.

Since this seems like the place to ask. Does anyone know how much dragon quest builders will be and the only differences bettween the consoles is look right? I was thinking of just buying the Japanese version if it's going to come out for $60. A bunch of people selling it for $30 on ebay. 

Since this seems like the place to ask. Does anyone know how much dragon quest builders will be and the only differences bettween the consoles is look right? I was thinking of just buying the Japanese version if it's going to come out for $60. A bunch of people selling it for $30 on ebay.
I have it for vita and looks damn good

Same exact list.

Bamco Asia, don't fail us now.
Yeah hopefully it gets a asian english release like cyber sleuth did. I wasn't really interested in it anyway so its no loss to me. but that's pretty sad they aren't even doing a psn release for vita. Especially when they are doing it for ps4. Guess they don't expect enough sales to justify it?

Noooooooooooooooooo, I feel deprived! How could I have missed out on this being discussed!? :wall:

All the same I messaged NISA about this just before posting about it here and got a response back pretty quickly from someone thanking me for bringing the Ebay listings to their attention.

In other news, I am sitting here debating ordering Summon Night 6: Wonderful Edition. On the one hand I I love supporting publisher's willing to bring over these hard to translate Japanese games. On the other hand it's KickStarter level expensive! Well, here goes, I know I'll live to regret it if I don't pre-order. :p
I went all in and got Summon Night 6 last night right before the promotion ended.

I went all in and got Summon Night 6 last night right before the promotion ended.
If anyone else is interested. The $20 off is still going (I just completed my check out a minute or two ago). The page says the $20-off early bird discount runs through 9/15, but it is still working.

GaijinWorks sent out a reminder e-mail yesterday that made it sound like the promo actually ends tonight at midnight. Regardless, it's still live as of now, so get in now if you want in for $20 off.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN6_VITA_WE_orders.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong here but LRG is the ONLY way to get the VITA version of The Black Tome of Ice in North America.   EU PSN got TBToI instead of the original Book 2.  NA PSN only got Book 2 but not the improved TBToI.

That was a big part of my fuel to get my copy today from LRG.

I've seen nothing (and I've looked, though not in the last few days) to suggest NA will ever get TBToI on PSN for Vita.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but LRG is the ONLY way to get the VITA version of The Black Tome of Ice in North America. EU PSN got TBToI instead of the original Book 2. NA PSN only got Book 2 but not the improved TBToI.

That was a big part of my fuel to get my copy today from LRG.

I've seen nothing (and I've looked, though not in the last few days) to suggest NA will ever get TBToI on PSN for Vita.
Does The Black Tome of Ice even add that much, though? From what I've read, it suffers from some of the same glitches as the original version, so the developers didn't really fix the technical side of things.

Does The Black Tome of Ice even add that much, though? From what I've read, it suffers from some of the same glitches as the original version, so the developers didn't really fix the technical side of things.
There was an article when the PS4 version released that detailed some of the changes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/10/dragon-fantasy-the-black-tome-of-ice-arrives-march-22nd-on-ps4/

Besides added features they retuned the battles and stuff. It should be an overall better experience than Book 2 was. I won't know though for sure how much was changed until I play both and compare and this is one LRG game I intend on opening.

I only have SG0 ordered for my vita in the future and since vita has been successfully hacked, I don't think I'm gonna spend any more money on it except games I absolutely love to death such as SG0 or Danganronpa V3.

I think you might be right actually.

I just tried as a regular checkout and it's not giving the discount now.

I am not sure if this is a bonus just for Pro members, or does it work for a regular membership too.

My bad, didn't even know this was a benefit for members since it's not listed as one.
Not your fault at all, nobody knows how GS's online system works.

If I can gather up the funds to preorder these days, I will report what I find too. Really want to support the game, so glad they are localizing this as I really loved the first game.

Not your fault at all, nobody knows how GS's online system works.

If I can gather up the funds to preorder these days, I will report what I find too. Really want to support the game, so glad they are localizing this as I really loved the first game.
Just keeping fingers crossed it'll miraculously show up on Amazon soon. ;D

Since Digimon is cancelled for Vita along with others, 2017 isn't shaping up to have an abundance of Vita releases like 2016 (or maybe it is too easy to tell now). I wonder, if I play my Vita for about 10 hours a week (due to my commute), when will I exhaust all Vita games  :whistle2:k ? (this is known as the reverse-backlog problem).

Since Digimon is cancelled for Vita along with others, 2017 isn't shaping up to have an abundance of Vita releases like 2016 (or maybe it is too easy to tell now). I wonder, if I play my Vita for about 10 hours a week (due to my commute), when will I exhaust all Vita games :whistle2:k ? (this is known as the reverse-backlog problem).
To be fair there has only been one game cancellation and one game delayed possibly until 2018. This Digimon fiasco from Bandai Namco is the cancellation, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been delayed.

There was an indie game, "Salt & Sanctuary" I believe was the title, which was rumored as having a Vita port in the works, but we now know that the developer isn't working any further with ports of the game due to health issues. But seeing it was never confirmed that the Vita was getting a physical release of that anyways one can hardly consider that a release cancellation.

Currently the known planned 2017 release list looks like this.:

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (1st Quarter)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
God Wars (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (February)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Touhou: Genso Wanderer (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

This is a rather fantastic developer and publisher confirmed title line-up considering we're still only in 3rd-Quarter 2016.

There was an indie game, "Salt & Sanctuary" I believe was the title, which was rumored as having a Vita port in the works, but we now know that the developer isn't working any further with ports of the game due to health issues. But seeing it was never confirmed that the Vita was getting a physical release of that anyways one can hardly consider that a release cancellation.
Where did you see this? As of Sept 1, the developer mentioned on FB that the Vita port was picking up speed.

https://www.facebook.com/saltandsanctuary/

To be fair there has only been one game cancellation and one game delayed possibly until 2018. This Digimon fiasco from Bandai Namco is the cancellation, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been delayed.

Currently the known planned 2017 release list looks like this.:

- 2017 -
God Wars (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)

This is a rather fantastic developer and publisher confirmed title line-up considering we're still only in 3rd-Quarter 2016.
Unless something changed in the last month or so, God Wars was supposed to be out this year.

Honestly from that list....God Wars (I quite like turn based strategy games though i'm really getting pretty bored of Disagea games....too samey...am I weird on that?) and Muv-Luv Trilogy.

Akiba's Beat will be a PS4 game...since I prefer those type of RPG battles on the big screen with a better controller. I couldn't play Dragon's Crown on Vita for some reason.....I couldn't get the controls down well for the more twitchy characters, so I was getting beaten down often. Summon Night 6 too....I'm not sure if I want the Vita edition of it. 

The rest to me are relatively meh ports of stuff already on PC. Narcissu is kind of cool....but eh everything else in that category. I do hope for the best in 2017....but i'm slowly migrating from Vita to PS4.

Yes you are weird. I have been waiting forever for Disgaea D2 to come to Vita, really can't get enough from 3 and 4.

- 2017 -
God Wars (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)

Kind of a disappointing list imo. Summon night 6 seems like the only good game.

Thats not including the Aksys games, Berserk, Dangaropa 3, Super Robot Taisen V (asian English), and unconfirmed games like Demon Gaze 2

Just got my booby pad.

The best part about the safety label on the back is the "Do not bleach" part of it.

I think we all know what that's suggesting.

tumblr_nrc6jdMHbK1qcsnnso1_540.gif

I think you might be right actually.

I just tried as a regular checkout and it's not giving the discount now.

I am not sure if this is a bonus just for Pro members, or does it work for a regular membership too.

My bad, didn't even know this was a benefit for members since it's not listed as one.
I just tried, and when I am on PC, fully signed in w/ my PRO account, it shows free shipping. If AMZ/BBY does not list by the end of September, I will have to preorder from GS.

I just tried, and when I am on PC, fully signed in w/ my PRO account, it shows free shipping. If AMZ/BBY does not list by the end of September, I will have to preorder from GS.
Oh, good to know you have Pro, since that's the more likely scenario to get free shipping.

Glad it worked out though. ^__^

You may want to consider just pre-ordering it since it's way easier to return things with Gamestop, since you can just return it to a store.

Some of GS recent niche title pre-orders have sold out actually, so just in case.

Don't recall if it's been mentioned yet but Criminal Girls 2 (standard edition) is now available to preorder on Amazon with 20% discount for Prime members.

wow gamefly sucks  dont it.. used t be a member  up to last may   and thought not that bad as people were saying. they treat new customers like crap.. rejoin last week i got    Mei sent out  and had 3 other games showing now    and  not a 2nd game shipped

went into chat and they go   Even if a game shows  NOW   it does not mean they have it in stock LOL  

they said if i get nothing shipped by tonight they will give me a total refund. 

anyone know how  to get prime cheaper then 99 a year

was really hoping to rent it off them  Girls 2.. looks ike i might just have to buy

Shovel Knight

I have Yomawari, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, & the Criminal Girls 2 Party Bag Edition preordered, Dragon Fantasy from LRG, as well as Muv-Luv still in wait from Kickstarter and Shovel Knight from Fangamer. But I need to get on that Neptunia Vs. Sega Hard Girls LE before it sells out.

I'm waiting for Gaijinworks to put a standard edition of Summon Night 5 because that Wonderful Edition is just way too much for a series that is still kinda meh to me.

My MeiQ LE came in yesterday. Iffy sent that so fast!

I have Yomawari, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, & the Criminal Girls 2 Party Bag Edition preordered, Dragon Fantasy from LRG, as well as Muv-Luv still in wait from Kickstarter and Shovel Knight from Fangamer. But I need to get on that Neptunia Vs. Sega Hard Girls LE before it sells out.

I'm waiting for Gaijinworks to put a standard edition of Summon Night 5 because that Wonderful Edition is just way too much for a series that is still kinda meh to me.

My MeiQ LE came in yesterday. Iffy sent that so fast!
really wanted to like mei but just cant get into it

Don't recall if it's been mentioned yet but Criminal Girls 2 (standard edition) is now available to preorder on Amazon with 20% discount for Prime members.
I sort of regret pulling the trigger early on the leaked copy at the beginning of the month now.

But I guess I should support my local game stores whenever I can.

bread's done
Back