PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard anything about Sharin No Kuni yet? I’m hoping that if the physical version gets cancelled they will let me refund my money.

did anyone order from Play-Asia and ended up getting a wrong version of the game? Like if i order Asia version I ended up getting Japanese version.

Has anyone heard anything about Sharin No Kuni yet? I’m hoping that if the physical version gets cancelled they will let me refund my money.
We are 100% more likely to get Sharin No Kuni Physical than anything from Sekai Project besides Rabi Ribi.

When the stuff about Sekai Project and LRG went down, the people behind SNK assured people that it is still coming

did anyone order from Play-Asia and ended up getting a wrong version of the game? Like if i order Asia version I ended up getting Japanese version.
Some people have gotten the wrong version of games before. They would order a Vita game and get the PS4 version instead.

Surprised to find a Gal Gun preowned at GameStop today with an M rating on the back. Thought all NTSC versions had an E typo on the back. Was this a reprint? Also, what's with the C on the cart label? Thought it was marker at first but it's definitely part of the label.

[attachment=30843:20180831_153811.jpg]

Some people have gotten the wrong version of games before. They would order a Vita game and get the PS4 version instead.
Happened to me last year. Ordered Ys: Origin for the Vita, received the PS4 version.

Possibly a bootleg?
It's the re-issue, though you'd have to inquire with PQube directly to find out what the checkmark in the circle is all about as even I don't know. I have the same corrected package version, purchased from BestBuy.com. Hard to say which is rarer, the mismarked packaging or the corrected packaging.

It's the re-issue, though you'd have to inquire with PQube directly to find out what the checkmark in the circle is all about as even I don't know. I have the same corrected package version, purchased from BestBuy.com. Hard to say which is rarer, the mismarked packaging or the corrected packaging.
Yeah, I have the original on mine, and I had no idea they did a reissue, as I didn't think the runs where that big, but I guess T&A knows no bounds. LOL

I'm starting to wonder if Best Buy will be listing anymore new retail Vita releases.  Been waiting a while for Punchline (which comes out in a few weeks) and Death Mark (which still has almost two months to go) and nothing yet.

My Punchline pre-order at Amazon got the 20% discount applied at some point. I don't know when, but I remember checking in the days leading up to the end of the Prime discount and seeing it didn't apply. One final parting gift from Prime, I suppose.

My Punchline pre-order at Amazon got the 20% discount applied at some point. I don't know when, but I remember checking in the days leading up to the end of the Prime discount and seeing it didn't apply. One final parting gift from Prime, I suppose.
Just checked and they applied 20% off my Vita order as well. That’s pretty crazy, because I checked right up to the last hour for the 20% to show up and it never did.

For anyone who imports, Play-Asia has some decent deals on Vita games right now. I can't find a page where all the deals are centralized, but I was able to nab Itadaki Street for $28 and Gun Gun Pixies for $30. Don't forget to use the code MYPSVITA for an extra $3 off.

For anyone who imports, Play-Asia has some decent deals on Vita games right now. I can't find a page where all the deals are centralized, but I was able to nab Itadaki Street for $28 and Gun Gun Pixies for $30. Don't forget to use the code MYPSVITA for an extra $3 off.
I think this might be correct?

https://www.play-asia.com/games/playstation_vita/games/14/711ab#fc=s:4

EDIT: I tried to link to just sale items, but doesn't seem to work, so just hit "discount only" button on the left, and you should be good.

whats a good price for a vita? been thinking about getting one i do not own a ps4 however i just want one for novel tell tale type games and the rpgs i cant play anywhere else 

pawn shop today had an aqua blue one nice screen maybe one small scratch, the back had some scratches and i guess they dug their nails in a bit on those back controllers...but they wanted 120 

That's a good price. Especially for the Aqua Blue color

Do you get additional stuff with the Vita or nah?
no i asked her about the chargered and she said she hopes she had it. and i forgot to check the memory card. its good condition but the back might bother my ocd

anything to look out for? this pawn shop really just checks if it turns on they dont even clean the items to make them look presentable lol but i was able to see with my hands that it was good condition and 1 possible scratch on the screen but i also didnt bother turning it on.

the blue looks really nice in person too

whats a good price for a vita? been thinking about getting one i do not own a ps4 however i just want one for novel tell tale type games and the rpgs i cant play anywhere else

pawn shop today had an aqua blue one nice screen maybe one small scratch, the back had some scratches and i guess they dug their nails in a bit on those back controllers...but they wanted 120
I just bought a 2nd vita from japan, 1000 OLED pearl white, no charging cable or anything, paid 110 dollars, so it depends on the model, I'd say that's a fair price, did you look at the firmware? if it's 3.65 definitely worth it.

I spent a extra $20 on a black slim in “like new” condition with a case and 5 games (without their cases) god of war collection, need for speed most wanted, one of the walking dead’s :) , Tetris ultimate and black ops

Hope it’s really like new

Finally took time this weekend to start trying out Vita games so I can move towards reducing my entire game collection.   I gave games typically 30min to as much as a couple hours.   Overall it was fun getting back into the vita though very few games I'm finding I actually really want to play.    I went through about half a dozen games over the weekend and have another dozen ready to go in my switch case with my vita for my lunch break today.  Not sure how many I'll get to, but a few of the games (like hyperdimension Re1 & U) will help me decide on entire series so that could make some decisions easier... and others I've played but just need to make a decision if I'm keeping them or not.   When I'm done going through my collection I'll move to other systems so I can start ebaying off the excess.  IT'll be nice not really having a huge backlog outside of games I'm 100% sure I want to play completely through.

Could not see on the mobile site if it came with English subtitles. Is the game worth that price?
It doesnt
It does not, but there are menu translations here as well as other guides on the internet. I've only seen it hover around the $50/$60 pricepoint before, so from a sale perspective it's worth it. From a game quality perspective I can't comment since it hasn't arrived yet.

Really disappointed with Bandai Namco sale going on, in the past their sales I usually picked up all their titles I might have missed through out the year. 

Went through most of the rest of my collection of physical Vita games over the past few days.   I'm down to:

Jak Collection*, P4G*, Sly Collection*, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time*, Tales of Hearts R*, Tokyo Xanadu, Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2, and Ys Memories of Celceta

Everything with a * I also own digitally so technically I don't need them physical but if I love a game enough I don't mind holding on to it (especially PS+ titles like Sly Thieves in Time).   I went ahead and nuked any saves on the carts that have them for what I plan to part with and even tested games I was already sure I wanted to sell.   I did put time into Jak collection and it's not as bad as I was expecting.  I've intended forever to play those games and even more than them the Sly games and I think vita is probably my best bet to dig deep into those series.  Tales of Hearts R I'm playing already on my PSTV digitally.  Overall the game is pretty fantastic, though super dated.  Ys, I'm fairly sure I'm going to dislike it after watching videos today.  I think maybe I'm going to just pass up playing the series overall as well.  Trails of Cold Steel 1, I started before going to sleep.  Overall, pretty  awesome stuff so far.  Super interesting game world, characters, and story and I'm still in the intro!  I'm going to give it a few hours before deciding anything, though I'm heavily leaning to keep them even though 3 isn't on Vita.  I have yet to play Tokyo Xanadu or P4G.  I have P4G digital as well, but then it seems like the kind of game I could go crazy for based on the videos I've watched... so I'm likely holding on to it.   Tokyo Xanadu seems like something I might really enjoy.  So that one I'll have to open to play... or I need to watch more video and just make a judgement call.

81 games... knocked down to 8 (since Ys is likely joining the sell side).    Seems like I'm starting to get a handle on my vita physical backlog... as well as refine my focus on what I enjoy the most with gaming.   I'm still looking at hundreds of hours of gaming with that selection and then there's my far too massive library on PSN with all those compatible PS1, PSP & Vita games.

Good idea for playing games a bit. I'm doing the same with my PC games, which leads to my quick reviews posting on the Steam deals. I will never be able to play every PC game, but I am seeing what I want to play. I will do the same for 3DS/PS4/PS3/Vita games as well. Good idea!

Also Tokyo Xanadu is pretty average. Likely Ys games are better for that type of game.

I finished Y's within the past year. It was my first entry in the series and I loved it. I'd say give it more time and keep it

Good idea for playing games a bit. I'm doing the same with my PC games, which leads to my quick reviews posting on the Steam deals. I will never be able to play every PC game, but I am seeing what I want to play. I will do the same for 3DS/PS4/PS3/Vita games as well. Good idea!
Thanks. Knocking the list down to something somewhat manageable is such a joy. I fear for when ever I get to my Steam library. I did help myself and stopped most of my shopping on Steam and PSN since the beginning of 2017. I figure when I get done with physical games and play through what I have that I can then dip my toes back into the digital side of the market.

I finished Y's within the past year. It was my first entry in the series and I loved it. I'd say give it more time and keep it
I have a lot of the Ys series on PSN thanks to the PSP offerings and past sales. Worst case is I sell Memories of Celceta and later get into the older games and decide I want to play it and I have to buy it again in which case I'm already kind of deep in it just being digital anyway so I could just go that route.

I just picked up an OLED Vita off of Amazon for a decent price and was wondering about some "must-have" games for this console...I got it mostly to play my PS1/PS2/PSP Classics on the go, but I'm also interested in picking up some good ports or exclusives that don't break the bank. I also greatly prefer physical to digital, as I'm an old fart who will pay multiple times for Final Fantasy Tactics in any format its released, but won't buy FFX/X-2 Remaster online for $20 new (digital). Stupid? Foolish? Not a smart use of money? Well, it's not for me to say, really...:shame:

I just picked up an OLED Vita off of Amazon for a decent price and was wondering about some "must-have" games for this console...I got it mostly to play my PS1/PS2/PSP Classics on the go, but I'm also interested in picking up some good ports or exclusives that don't break the bank. I also greatly prefer physical to digital, as I'm an old fart who will pay multiple times for Final Fantasy Tactics in any format its released, but won't buy FFX/X-2 Remaster online for $20 new (digital). Stupid? Foolish? Not a smart use of money? Well, it's not for me to say, really... :shame:
Make sure you have a 16GB or more memory card as those digital psp/ps1 games do take storage. An 8gb would last you maybe about 5-6 games depending on how large the file size. Exclusive l would say Freedom wars, ys memories of celeta. Those psp and ps1 games should be enough if don't want to spend too much.

Ok, I need some feedback on Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2. I played more of 1 last night and damn I love this game... but I'm a bit worried that when I get to the end of 2 it's going to have an unsatisfying conclusion since 3 and the in development 4th game are probably not coming state side. Any feedback is appreciated.

All the suggestions are much appreciated, all. Think I’m gonna see if this recent 3/$25 deal at GameStop can net me some of these guys.
Persona 4 Golden and Ys Memories of Celceta are still $20 on amazon. Might want to go that route. FF X/X2, keep in mind physically that 2 is a download code. So, you may have luck with the used market but you'd be better off with new (assuming the codes aren't expired and if they are that they still work... which Sony is actually good about honoring expired codes on vita physical games).

Ok, I need some feedback on Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2. I played more of 1 last night and damn I love this game... but I'm a bit worried that when I get to the end of 2 it's going to have an unsatisfying conclusion since 3 and the in development 4th game are probably not coming state side. Any feedback is appreciated.
ToCS2's ending, while it does leave some plot threads hanging, is less cliffhanger-y compared to ToCS1's ending and more satisfying.

If you love what you've played of ToCS1 so far, you really should finish it and its sequel.

Aside from the great games already suggested, don't be afraid to plunge into personal likes.

If you enjoyed the Katamari games, there is "Touch My Katamari" which incorporates the rear touchpad for some unique gameplay.

If you like first person shooters, "Killzone" is pretty good for a portable FPS.

And just as an example, I loved playing the old Spy Hunter games, so naturally I was drawn to the Vita port and I loved it. Updated music, graphics and mechanics modernized a classic that I enjoyed.

Since you mentioned FFX, you can get the US version of FFX remaster on physical cart, and you can get an English Asian release of FFX-2 on a physical cart for the Vita as well.

ToCS2's ending, while it does leave some plot threads hanging, is less cliffhanger-y compared to ToCS1's ending and more satisfying.

If you love what you've played of ToCS1 so far, you really should finish it and its sequel.
Thx for asking that question and for the response. I am near finishing ToCS1 and getting ready to start ToCS2 and had the same concerns. Your response helps ease those concerns. The ToCS series has been a pure and unadulterated blast to play and I will take whatever I can get in this universe. Just hoping I can see it through completion in some way. The characters really make the game.

Thank you. This is what I was hoping to hear since I really love this game so much thus far. The battle system, game world, as well as the characters and base plot is really well done. I need to put more hours into it, but those will be hours I'm looking forward to. I hope it holds up to what I've seen thus far... I'm optimistic that it will.

Just went through my memory cards and found a bunch of games on a 32 gb card that wouldn't start because I had "purchased" them as monthly PlayStation Plus games. It was a harsh reminder that I never even had the licenses to those games and had to delete them all. This is why I will never subscribe to PS+ again. On the upside, I have more space to download games that I bought after deleting those. And the Vita port of Jet Set Radio was one of the few that I was able to access. I had forgotten how great looking it was even on PlayStation TV. A lot of Vita games look worse upscaled but thankfully JSR isn't one of them.

Can I buy games on vita with out having ps+ sub? So what u can’t play those games cause u no longer have the sub?

Can I buy games on vita with out having ps+ sub? So what u can’t play those games cause u no longer have the sub?
You can definitely buy digital games on Vita without the subscription. I do it all the time. I was talking about the games that Sony allows you to access if you are a PS+ user. When the subscription lapses, they don't work anymore. I didn't mean to confuse you. I was just ranting.

Anybody got a list of upcoming vita releases?

It's gonna die soon. I just want to see if it's going to get any more decent jrpgs before it goes.

From time to time a game given away on PS+ ends up being ported to another Playstation family system and the process of cross buying counts as buying the game with money and removes the time limit. 

Anybody got a list of upcoming vita releases?

It's gonna die soon. I just want to see if it's going to get any more decent jrpgs before it goes.
From Tweeg's post a few pages ago:

- 2018 -
- 3rd Quarter
Salt & Sanctuary (9/7)
Punch Line (9/25)
Iconoclasts (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
- 4th Quarter
Death Mark (10/31)

Rabi-Ribi (TBA... or maybe never)

Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)

- 2019 -
- 1st Quarter
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (TBA)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ (TBA)

Defender's Quest (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
Spelunky (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

Plus whatever else LRG and the ever-growing horde of limited companies decide to announce.

In terms of digital-only, I only know of the Persona dancing games, Stay and Revenant Dogma. I'm sure there are more, but almost everything decent over the past year or two has gotten a physical release of some kind so I usually don't pay attention to the digital release schedule.

I have a dumb question and if someone could answer I'd greatly appreciate it.  I bought the Spiderman Proi PS4 and it came with a 20 percent off coupon.  Can I redeem that now and store it or do I need to hold off on redeeming it till I find something I want to use it on?  Thanks sorry if a dumb question

bread's done
Back