PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dumb question and if someone could answer I'd greatly appreciate it. I bought the Spiderman Proi PS4 and it came with a 20 percent off coupon. Can I redeem that now and store it or do I need to hold off on redeeming it till I find something I want to use it on? Thanks sorry if a dumb question
You redeem it at time of checkout. There is a box to type in a code as you checkout. I'm pretty sure it works on a whole cart - up to 10 items.

I got that vita I ordered online the other. It was a seller with zero feedback the front screen is indeed unscratched and looks new. The back however did have some scratches I didn’t knock him for it as the seller shipped double boxed with care and every vita I ever seen has been scratched. Plus the total would of been $250 at gamestop
I already bought a hori grip case to use so it’ll help cover the back scratches up

Overall I’m happy and off to start a vita collection

Update 3.69 is just a security update that patches out the exploit being used for homebrew and piracy. The developer of the exploit says it was patched well and released the source code in response.

Watch them require that version for these last LRG physicals.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1-3 (digital) are on sale for 90% off as part of the PlayStation picks sale.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1-3 (digital) are on sale for 90% off as part of the PlayStation picks sale.
Thanks for posting this. I have the first two and need the third.

Also, I posted in the weekly PSN thread yesterday that Dollar General is selling $25 PSN cards for 10% off through Saturday, 9/15. In-store only. Apparently, no one gave a damn, but you guys might.

Hmmm this is interesting. Stopped by my local GameStop for the 3 for $25 sale. Previously Vita games were reduced to cartridge only and thrown in the DS case, this time they were gone completely. The associate was getting bombarded so I didn’t have a chance to ask.

Hmmm this is interesting. Stopped by my local GameStop for the 3 for $25 sale. Previously Vita games were reduced to cartridge only and thrown in the DS case, this time they were gone completely. The associate was getting bombarded so I didn’t have a chance to ask.
There is a chance your Gamestop stopped selling Vita games and sent its remaining stock to another Gamestop that does

Sucks. Remember PSP getting the boot, figured Vita was safe for a bit longer. Of course you need room for all the cheap collectible crap....

I don't quite think they've thrown out vita games yet, nor do I think it's corporate mandated to toss cases. The GS Subreddit would mention it I bet. I went over the weekend at a couple GS's and they have a ton of games still in case. What may be the case is they don't have them on the floor. Two I went to on Saturday printed out a list of games and just had them behind the counter. That's probably the same at the store you visited.

Also the Neptunia games for $2 is an instabuy from me

By me ps3 games are now taking up the space vita games did. On those island metal shelves. The vita games are now tucked under 3ds stuff or in a corner of the ps3 stuff.

At least the vita games still have cases here.

Today, I beat Spelunky for the first time ever on Vita while I was on a conference call at work. So, I was essentially being paid while I was beating Spelunky.

Gun Gun Pixies (R2, Japanese) is on sale starting today for just $24.99 from Play-Asia!

https://www.play-asia.com/gun-gun-pixies/13/70aoqt

gun_gun_pixies.JPG

For Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 that are both on sale for the PS Vita, does it matter if you buy the games separately or together in the bundle?

I see that separately, they are called the "HD version", but I don't see anything about them being HD in the bundle. Is that the case or am I overanalyzing this?

Sorry all, I somehow missed the "HD Collection" in the freakin title of the bundle; was just looking at the title screen screenshots of the games. Words can't express how stupid I feel right now haha

Sorry all, I somehow missed the "HD Collection" in the freakin title of the bundle; was just looking at the title screen screenshots of the games. Words can't express how stupid I feel right now haha
Don't worry, we've all experienced one of those 'answer was glaring us in the face' type moments, it just happens.

And speaking of things that happen, another CE is soon to befall upon our wallets like a thief lurking in the shadows.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1039988795846914049

Well, we all knew this was coming, Sharin no Kuni for both PC/Vita have been delayed until February 2019. This is cutting it rather close, but their explanation makes sense(I guess). LOL

They pretty much need to stop the PC version, as to put all hands on deck for the Vita, to make the deadlines. If they make it or not remains to be seen.

Don't sweat it. It's good to see people taking an interest in the Vita and it's library. :vita:

Well, we all knew this was coming, Sharin no Kuni for both PC/Vita have been delayed until February 2019.
Glad I didn't bite on the kickstarter. Worse than that...

twitter said:
The Salt & Sanctuary Collector's Edition from @skastudios will be available this Friday, 10AM ET at http://www.limitedrungames.com ! This $49.99 CE includes a poster, large printed map, and a physical soundtrack CD. Limited to 1,000 made on Vita and 1,500 on PS4.
"Limited to 1000"....From the LRG thread it was posted this is limited to 1000 because of cart shortages. So... even if they get Sharin no Kuni done in time, there may be no carts (or not enough) to produce it to cover the kickstarter.

"Limited to 1000"....From the LRG thread it was posted this is limited to 1000 because of cart shortages. So... even if they get Sharin no Kuni done in time, there may be no carts (or not enough) to produce it to cover the kickstarter.
At this point there are reserved numbers of carts for each game. So each game that was confirmed and submitted to Sony by the deadline this year has their allocation of carts. Sharin is fine, but any new projects or reprints are SOL. Based on that I think it's very unlikely copies will exist outside of the Kickstarter backers, which I think is a first.

At this point there are reserved numbers of carts for each game. So each game that was confirmed and submitted to Sony by the deadline this year has their allocation of carts. Sharin is fine, but any new projects or reprints are SOL. Based on that I think it's very unlikely copies will exist outside of the Kickstarter backers, which I think is a first.
That's good to know. Hopefully Sony set some aside just in case they run into a bad batch like what happened with Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 3.

Well, we all knew this was coming, Sharin no Kuni for both PC/Vita have been delayed until February 2019. This is cutting it rather close, but their explanation makes sense(I guess). LOL

They pretty much need to stop the PC version, as to put all hands on deck for the Vita, to make the deadlines. If they make it or not remains to be seen.
edit: stupid question, nevermind

However, I do wonder if this will be the last physical Vita game in the west.

However, I do wonder if this will be the last physical Vita game in the west.
Well, if this even makes physical at all remains to be seen, but if it goes to plan, this will be out or at least ready to ship in February 2019. So that would mean this would probably get produced somewhere in January or February. Games that aren't done until the end of February or later will probably get those honors of last produced, but Sharin could ship late, then of course it may qualify as well. LOL

Freaking website issue with LRG... I failed to get a copy of today's game. I am so mad right now, there are no words to describe this.

Freaking website issue with LRG... I failed to get a copy of today's game. I am so mad right now, there are no words to describe this.
Don't give up yet, there is still a 6 PM batch. Make sure to log into the site before the game goes live so you are ready to quickly check out.

Hey, did anyone ever hear back on the Velocity 2X bonus items? I was just cleaning up my desktop and ran across the pic I had to submit as proof of purchase, but I haven't heard anything else since. 

Same happened to me. Had to re login like 3 times before I could be allow to put it in my cart and then by that time it was sold out. Here's to going into uncharted territory with the 6 pm batch.

Hey, did anyone ever hear back on the Velocity 2X bonus items? I was just cleaning up my desktop and ran across the pic I had to submit as proof of purchase, but I haven't heard anything else since.
I haven't received anything yet but I see that people are starting to receive the small booklet and the CD. Most of these people that have received them are located outside the US so hoping they show up soon. I'm excited to get these items. Really enjoyed the game.

I haven't received anything yet but I see that people are starting to receive the small booklet and the CD. Most of these people that have received them are located outside the US so hoping they show up soon. I'm excited to get these items. Really enjoyed the game.
WOW, that's something for sure, as I didn't even know if shipping had started or if it would for that matter? Well, I'll just have to wait and see if anything ever shows up. It would have been nice to get an email stating shipping had started, but just based on this experience on the whole, I shouldn't be surprised CS isn't a high priority. Thanks for the heads up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklists, and Regions 2, 3, and 4 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2018 -
- 3rd Quarter
Punch Line (9/25)
Iconoclasts (3rd Quarter?)
- 4th Quarter
Death Mark (10/31)

Shakedown Hawaii (TBA)

- 2019 -
- 1st Quarter
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)
The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (TBA)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
Defender's Quest (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Siralim 2 (TBA)
Spelunky (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

I don't really, really want Death Mark and Punch Line right away to play, but am pre-ordering...you never know, and I will want to play both someday.

Was 'Runner 3' ever announced for Vita? The official site just says coming soon to PS4 and Xbox One (in addition to the already released Switch and Steam versions).

I'm over 7 hours into the vita version of Trails of Cold Steel.  I have to say, as much as I love the game... these first 7+ hours have been kind of a slog.  Too much setup and not enough action.  The dungeon action featured thus far has been kind of boring/generic though the combat system is pretty nice.   I love the non-combat environments (despite how little there is to do) for their charm, the characters, the story, the battle system, lore, and so much more but getting this far I don't feel excited to keep digging deeper.  It's kind of like the game is on rails.   I'm at the point where my party is about to take a train trip for the first time so I'm hopeful it picks up.  I'm going to give it a few more hours and then assess if I want to keep going or just let it go.   On the flip side, I put more than a hundred and fifty hours into Xenoblade 2 and never felt fatigued at all by it.  That game is just packed with content and the freedom to just kind of do what you want.  I do tend to love games with a lot of freedom and exploration.

I've been playing Runner3 on the Switch and just heard it's coming out for ps4 and xbox so this generation is about ports and not exclusives anymore. Many Switch games are being ported to ps4 and xbox now it seems. What are some good cheap Vita games that were released in the last year that they can recommend. I have most vita games from 2017 and earlier. 

I'm over 7 hours into the vita version of Trails of Cold Steel. I have to say, as much as I love the game... these first 7+ hours have been kind of a slog. Too much setup and not enough action. The dungeon action featured thus far has been kind of boring/generic though the combat system is pretty nice. I love the non-combat environments (despite how little there is to do) for their charm, the characters, the story, the battle system, lore, and so much more but getting this far I don't feel excited to keep digging deeper. It's kind of like the game is on rails. I'm at the point where my party is about to take a train trip for the first time so I'm hopeful it picks up. I'm going to give it a few more hours and then assess if I want to keep going or just let it go. On the flip side, I put more than a hundred and fifty hours into Xenoblade 2 and never felt fatigued at all by it. That game is just packed with content and the freedom to just kind of do what you want. I do tend to love games with a lot of freedom and exploration.
The first game is most definitely on rails. You won’t get to travel around much outside of where the games wants you to travel. IIRC, the second game lets you travel around more often.

The game does drag on for the first 3-4 chapters, but does pick up and the story gets interesting. The story stays strong into the second game.

I almost quit in chapter 3 of the first game, but glad I stuck it out.

bread's done
Back