PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
No...well, some people HAVE gotten opened systems (and if you DO buy a system there and the seal is broken, you should totally walk away)... But my "opened with vouchers removed" comment was more a somewhat vague reference to the infamous Deux Ex debacle like 4 years ago (where Gamestop ordered their employees to open all PC copies of Deus Ex Human Revolution and remove and destroy the vouchers for a free OnLive copy of the game)...and, you know, maybe a slight reference to other stuff they've done. But I didn't mean to imply that all consoles there are gutted...was just making a joke in reference to itzd4n's tongue-in-cheek "Gamestop lied? How preposterous" comment. Sorry...didn't mean to accidentally hit the CAG "panic" button.
My apologies, I guess im the one who hit the button. Still on the edge with them so i just wanted to make sure.

Seems like they cleaned up their act alot, but i stillwalk on eggshells when it comes to shopping there.

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus Limited Edition for  :vita: is up on NIS America's store for $54.99.

psv_us_le_final.jpg

Sorry but Burnout Legends and Dominator are way better than Asphalt Injection. Injection feels marginally better than the first couple Asphalt mobile games. Which were only good for the time they were first released (and I really liked Asphalt on the HP TouchPad).
Burnout Legends is my favorite game in the franchise and to me it would be tied with OutRun 2006 Coast To Coast for my favorite racing game on PSP. Legends did a great job (on PSP, not the horrible DS game) of combining everything great about the first 3 games and bundling it all together. Really after Burnout 3 I just couldn't get much into Revenge or Dominator. Not that they are bad games, I just loved the first 3 games (and Legends) so much more.

The Asphalt series is a step down from Burnout Legends (unless we are talking about the DS version in which case the DS Asphalt games were a huge step up), but given Burnout as a franchise is dead... I think this is an excellent alternative for fans of the original formula. Granted after at least buying Burnout Legends.

I'm just glad Asphalt on Vita isn't the same as what has happened to the iOS games in that they went more towards a freemium model. The games are still good, but not quite as good as a traditional standalone game like this.

My Amazon order showed up today, gonna give Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters some time later this evening.

Burnout Legends is my favorite game in the franchise and to me it would be tied with OutRun 2006 Coast To Coast for my favorite racing game on PSP. Legends did a great job (on PSP, not the horrible DS game) of combining everything great about the first 3 games and bundling it all together. Really after Burnout 3 I just couldn't get much into Revenge or Dominator. Not that they are bad games, I just loved the first 3 games (and Legends) so much more.
Burnout Revenge is my favorite game of the franchise, but Legends was top tier too. I could not get into Dominator at all. Not being able to traffic check after getting the ability to in Revenge was just a buzzkill. I got spoiled on it, I guess.

Not to change the subject, but did anyone ever play Ridge Racer: Unbounded? It was an attempt to mimic Burnout's crash happy style and it wasn't bad but just didn't feel right compared to Burnout. Was nice to see them *try* to change Ridge Racer, but I guess you just can't.

I would absolutely LOVE to get a new Burnout game, but it's not looking likely so for the right price I may check out Asphalt.

And BTW, Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast... freaking awesome.

Hmmm. I'm debating. I never bothered to open and play my persona 4 golden solid gold edition. How are the Atelier games?
The Atelier games are some of my favorite JRPGs...but most of the games are time-limit based and can be pretty strict and stressful, especially since its mechanics are so deep and take a while to get the hang of... Stressful enough that I know people that found them too stressful and kind of shied away from the series. So YMMV... But I really dig the characters and gameplay...and occasional quirkiness...and stories (well, some of the games are sort of more quest-based...basically accomplish your timed goals and get to the end...and others have an overarching story).

I picked up a reasonably priced copy of Wipeout 2048 at a pawn shop yesterday and I'm trying to add it to my collection online but I've found that it was more than one SKU (711719220985 & 711719220039).  Was there more than one edition of the game?

I picked up a reasonably priced copy of Wipeout 2048 at a pawn shop yesterday and I'm trying to add it to my collection online but I've found that it was more than one SKU (711719220985 & 711719220039). Was there more than one edition of the game?
Mine is the 711719220039 SKU which matches what the Directory (http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/dc/lists/ ) shows as the SKU. I looked both up and the one ending in 85 looks like it might be some rebarcoding by a specific store or something as the publisher is listed as PSV rather than Sony. Seems like someone spent some time registering alternate codes for a lot of the Vita library all published by PSV.

Played some Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters last night. The visual novel stuff is pretty decent but the whole command cross during conversations (while not complex) is not explained in the instruction manual or in game (requiring an internet search) however the core strategy game is pretty well covered in the digital manual so I actually took the time to read the thing. Trying to strategically predict where ghost will go and being there waiting to attack is a fresh approach to the genre. I ended up failing the first mission but then figured it out on the second try. There are some details (like if the ghost is in fight or flight mode) that makes predicting a little easier. But still, in the end I think it just requires some serious brains to master... which is just my cup-o-tea. Few strategy games actually make me think very much since the turns are played out back and fourth and are primarily reaction based decisions... this really does something fresh and new and is a challenge to master.

Text size ... I see no issue. There is some tiny text for reminding what the select button does during battles and the buttons needed to advance text during conversations, but it's all super crisp and clear and not blurry or distorted. The regular conversation text and gameplay text is of a normal to large size. Not sure why others had issues but the game looked perfect on my Vita's LCD screen.

This isn't a game that'll probably appeal to the masses. The Visual Novel stuff is not that deep or complex and I think most of it you have the option to skip through if that's not of interest. The main strategy game is what you need to have an interest in. It requires a new way of thinking which will primarily appeal to serious strategy gamers and those looking for a fresh new take on the genre.

I still have a lot of game left to play, but so far I'm happy I bought it when it hit $20.

StarwindTheBold, on 27 Oct 2015 - 4:33 PM, said:
Burnout Revenge is my favorite game of the franchise, but Legends was top tier too. I could not get into Dominator at all. Not being able to traffic check after getting the ability to in Revenge was just a buzzkill. I got spoiled on it, I guess.

Not to change the subject, but did anyone ever play Ridge Racer: Unbounded? It was an attempt to mimic Burnout's crash happy style and it wasn't bad but just didn't feel right compared to Burnout. Was nice to see them *try* to change Ridge Racer, but I guess you just can't.

I would absolutely LOVE to get a new Burnout game, but it's not looking likely so for the right price I may check out Asphalt.

And BTW, Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast... freaking awesome.
I wish I had Legends, but I don't have a PS3 to transfer them (I took advantage of the 'switch' Sony accidently threw a couple years ago to get all my previously purchased PSP games onto my Vita). I'd like it again though. Outrun 2006 too. Dominator is good for a quick play (I really like the locales in the game), but honestly after Takedown (and Legends), I haven't enjoyed a Burnout game as much. Paradise actually drives me nuts, just like Criterion's Most Wanted for as much as I enjoy it. I hate racing games where you're racing via the mini-map in the corner as opposed to the actual tracks you're on.

I haven't played Ridge Racer: Unbounded. From what I've read it's only ok.

Just passing by to let you all know that WipEOut is the best racing game and all your opinions are irrelevant.

I'm kidding about your opinions, but wipeout is still amazing.

i love you guys. don't hurt me.

I picked up a reasonably priced copy of Wipeout 2048 at a pawn shop yesterday and I'm trying to add it to my collection online but I've found that it was more than one SKU (711719220985 & 711719220039). Was there more than one edition of the game?
A lot of the games released during the first few months Vita was on the market had US-only all English language case art inserts while some others had a Canada required English/French case art insert. The UPC 711719220039 is a US only version as all of the game information is solely in English. The UPC you found at the pawn shop is for the English/French case art... which I had apparently failed to document. Directory has been updated with this information, thanks for bringing this up.:

http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/dc/lists/

Also, of relevance to this topic. Wal*Mart has a small quantity of Mortal Kombat back in stock on their website at the bargain price of $9.96:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mortal-Kombat-PS-Vita-PS-Vita/20452293

Amazon.com Deals
$ 5.99 - MLB 12: The Show
$ 8.40 - The Walking Dead: Season Two
$11.37 - Spy Hunter
$12.98 - Lego: Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril
$13.45 - Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
$14.99 - Tetris Ultimate
$19.99 - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd
$20.37 - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
$21.97 - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
-
Hardware
-
$13.99 - PS Vita Portable Charger
$34.98 - PlayStation TV (core unit)

Any thoughts on Spy Hunter at that price? I've basically only played the NES version 25 years ago...lol
I had some decent fun with Spy Hunter. It is a simple car combat game with some decent customization, a weapon upgrade system and 23 missions to play.

Any thoughts on Spy Hunter at that price? I've basically only played the NES version 25 years ago...lol
I used to play the original NES version too. I enjoyed the Vita version. I was surprised it really felt like a true Spy Hunter game, even after all of these years. If you get stuck on a mission you can replay old missions. Try to hit all of the mission goals and maximize your profits, so you can upgrade your weapons. Pretty fun. I probably liked it more having played the original.

PS4 version also has all dlc included, considerably more npc on screen, and a visual editor.
Plus using that sexy controller. It also helps that the PS4 version is finally dropping in price. Also load times are better if I remember reading correctly. There also is online features if you're into that among other things.

I played akibas trip on ps4 then vita.
Other than npcs taking a couple seconds to load, it was the same game. I do like the vita version more, since It's better on a portable console.

Thanks for the heads up on Akihas Trip and Spy Hunter.  Picked both up to add to my library since my local Target was bare bones during the clearance.

Originally saw the PS3 version drop down in price, but was hoping for the vita to drop.  Patience pays off thanks!

Spy Hunter was also one of the games I was hoping to pick up in the past year or so, $11 and change is a no brainer, thanks again!

Akiba's Trip is down to $21.97 at Amazon.
Thanks again for the heads up on that deal. I just finalized my order on Amazon and also grabbed a copy of Playstation All-Stars BR and SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked. So my handheld game collection grows again.

Gamestop.com also has the same price for Akiba's Trip as well... it may have been what caused Amazon to change... though honestly I don't care. I think my physical Vita library will be up to around 30 games now.

Dont know if i want Breach and Clear. I know its going to be rare, but I dont see myself playing it. I know I would get Cosmic Star Heroine but the 1st and 2nd games i hardly have an interest. Damn. Decisions.

And im already backing the Muv Luv Kickstarter. Then theres Black Friday. Lol

Probably should have complained further and then he might have gotten a memory card and a retail copy of the game out of it... Or at the very least had another bundle sent over from another store. With a GS that's got that kind of shady crap going on though, who knows.

Also, the blue Vita could have just been a timed-exclusive. You know how companies like to be all ambiguous over such things... It was most definitely, at least for a time, very much an exclusive.
Timed exclusive? I dont think its even out till November =P

Cosmic Star Heroine will be the third game done by limited run games. Its getting both a ps4 and ps vita physical release.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1596638143/cosmic-star-heroine-sci-fi-spy-rpg-for-pc-mac-ps4/posts/1395384
Saw this mentioned in the PSN thread. Any idea where i can keep an eye on announcments for when you can pre-order this? dont want to miss the window. I'm assuming it wont be on Amazon or anything like that

bread's done
Back