PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... do you guys think Dragon Quest: Builders is going to come stateside, or should I just cave in and buy the Slime vita bundle?
I hate you....so much......for making me realize this thing exists. I was just about to buy a blue Vita in the next week or two and trade my current one in.....now I have to see if theres anywhere to buy this sexy thing since AmiAmi is long gone

I hate you....so much......for making me realize this thing exists. I was just about to buy a blue Vita in the next week or two and trade my current one in.....now I have to see if theres anywhere to buy this sexy thing since AmiAmi is long gone
I picked up an Aqua Blue Vita recently, really like the color. Waited for a sale at GS for $170, and used some GS GCs bought at Rite Aid (with Plenti points), brought it down to $150. Already have two phat Vitas, but wanted a slim LCD one too.

I picked up an Aqua Blue Vita recently, really like the color. Waited for a sale at GS for $170, and used some GS GCS bought at Rite Aid (with Plenti points), brought it down to $150. Already have two phat Vitas, but wanted a slim LCD one too.
Yeah, I was traveling like crazy and missed the sale. Now I'm waiting to see if they do it again, otherwise I'll probably get one next weekend when that PS4/XB1 20$ trade coupon activates. Seems like other than Blue, all the other colors I like are either 250$+, or long sold out.

My two Red and Blue Gundam accessory kits finally came in today, and either would look awesome with the blue model.

i got my site that still has orders open for the liquid metal slime vita. Its pricy though at 300 + shipping. I'd assume around 350 total with a release date of near the end of this month. Do you want to cave in too? :3

i got my site that still has orders open for the liquid metal slime vita. Its pricy though at 300 + shipping. I'd assume around 350 total with a release date of near the end of this month. Do you want to cave in too? :3
Not for that much lol.....for that one I'd go to 275 tops after shipping is included

I'll just keep an eye on AmiAmi incase of cancellations or a restock.

Man, I wasn't really interested in Superbeat Xonic (it looks interesting but I have P4DAN to satisfy my rythm gaming needs right now) but I just learned they released a limited edition version with the soundtrack on Vinyl. Now I really want it.

I can't believe a couple months ago I had no interest in the Vita and now I'm contemplating spending over 100 dollars for a LE game on eBay...
I want to like Xonic so badly but it's just not doing it for me. It's one of those perfectly competent games that just doesn't have that intangible thing that makes it special.

Are there any downsides to an import vita in the states or is it exactly the same as one we would buy here?
My last two Vita's have been imports (Lime Green & Neon Orange), both slims. At one point, the only downside was that o & x buttons were swapped but you can change that in the settings now so that's not a problem anymore.

Just go to settings, then Accessibility, then button assignments.

Are there any downsides to an import vita in the states or is it exactly the same as one we would buy here?
Downsides are price mostly and if you want the 1000 (OLED) or the 2000 (LCD). + would be you would have that special color or design that US ones tend not to have

Does the 32 GB vita card ever go on sale? I've seen the 8 and the 16 but never the 32 when I look.
Last time 32gb went on sale cheap was $40 back in November 2014 and last time and 64gb was like $70 on groupon back in like February of 2015. With the larger size lately the sales been averaging like a once a year big sale discount

I got it for $75 shipped Rakuten a while back. They used to go on sale more often but I agree when the 64 gig is in the $70s it's likely the best it will get.

I got my 1000 series R2/L2 Trigger case from Play-Asia today (it actually arrived yesterday but thanks to Play-Asia needing a damn signature on everything I had to wait for the re-delivery today) I'm liking it so far. Remote play is definitely easier.

Does the 32 GB vita card ever go on sale? I've seen the 8 and the 16 but never the 32 when I look.
If you dont mind used, you can look over at Amazin Warehouse thread. Goes about $40-55

If you plan on buying lot of digital titles, just drop money for the 64

Just double checking but if i put Neptunia V rebirth 3 into the vita and it puts the icon on the menu then that means i dont have a bad copy right?

Yeah, they updated their site awhile ago, but I really don't know why, as it's worse than it ever was before.
yea.. the new layout is kinda shitty. Kinda like how Netflix seems more and more terrible with every 'update'

Just double checking but if i put Neptunia V rebirth 3 into the vita and it puts the icon on the menu then that means i dont have a bad copy right?
You should be good. I think just about everything I've seen about the issue said that the vita won't read/recognize the bad cards at all. You could always launch the game quick and then quit when you get to the menu just to be sure, though.

yea.. the new layout is kinda shitty. Kinda like how Netflix seems more and more terrible with every 'update'
I recommend clicking on the bubble and starting the game, even though just installing should be fine. Defective cartridges don't even install the bubble and just do well nothing.

Is anyone here planning to get DOAX3 from play-asia? I'm not even sure we're getting a digital version of the game in the West, let alone a physical version. Seems like play-asia is price gouging, though. Especially on the Vita and PS4 LEs.
I'm considering picking it up. Even on AmiAmi the Japanese Vita regular ver is 7070yen, more expensive than the $50 standard Asia ver on Play-Asia.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been holding off on this as long as I can but figure I better get it now before it goes OOS. Will likely pair it with the Deadly Premonition CE to get free shipping.
No problem, I was doing the same thing, but once I saw the drop I decided to order it. I think there's an under 10% meter too. If there is I'll try to let you guys know when it changes if I can.

Are people buying DOAX3 on principle? Because I get the feeling if Tecmo Koei did bother to release here in the states the normal way it wouldn't have gotten this much buzz. Maybe this should be an addition to the playbook of marketing, unless it already is.

Are people buying DOAX3 on principle? Because I get the feeling if Tecmo Koei did bother to release here in the states the normal way it wouldn't have gotten this much buzz. Maybe this should be an addition to the playbook of marketing, unless it already is.
enough said. =P~ :rofl:

dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-venus-multilanguage-437877.13.jpg

I'm afraid I got caught up in the hype train. Probably gonna regret it when I see how barebones the game really is. Not to mention the vita version is inferior in every way.

I'm afraid I got caught up in the hype train. Probably gonna regret it when I see how barebones the game really is. Not to mention the vita version is inferior in every way.
Me too, going to wait for reviews. I especially want to see how the Vita and PS4 versions compare before making a choice.

I don't see any pre-order bonus at Play-Asia that would push me to order now.

Me too, going to wait for reviews. I especially want to see how the Vita and PS4 versions compare before making a choice.

I don't see any pre-order bonus at Play-Asia that would push me to order now.
I almost always buy the ASIA(English) versions of Vita games that won't get a US physical release, but this game is over priced to me, and the constant news of certain things being different between the PS4 to Vita gave me a HUGE pause.

I'm sure I still get it at some point, but only if the price is right. As it is currently, I really have no interest in this title.

I don't think I'm that much into the DOAX3, but I did notice that

"Puyo Puyo Tetris (Special Price)" is now $26.99 on play asia. (last I looked it was $57.99 about 6 months ago)

I heard this might be the best version of Tetris since Tetris DS... and Activision is just sitting on their hands trying to re-code Tetris and they are failing so very hard.

"Puyo Puyo Tetris (Special Price)" is now $26.99 on play asia. (last I looked it was $57.99 about 6 months ago)

I heard this might be the best version of Tetris since Tetris DS... and Activision is just sitting on their hands trying to re-code Tetris and they are failing so very hard.
Yep, the "greatest hits" version was available for pre-order in September, and was released in November. I have the PS4 version.

I almost always buy the ASIA(English) versions of Vita games that won't get a US physical release, but this game is over priced to me, and the constant news of certain things being different between the PS4 to Vita gave me a HUGE pause.

I'm sure I still get it at some point, but only if the price is right. As it is currently, I really have no interest in this title.
Here's the CE, which adds some /interesting/ items to the package:

http://www.play-asia.com/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-venus-collectors-edition-multi-language/13/709dvd

I'm thinking of getting it on principle as well, though there's nothing to make me think it's worth pre-ordering save the CE and that's a CE that makes me a little funny to think about pre-ordering it.

The thing that bothers me the most about DOAX3 or whatever it's official name is, is that there is 9 characters I believe with maybe more coming with DLC. That sounds like a decent lack of content. Now 20 girls or something and I would be ordering it easily.

I may spring for Puyo Puyo Tetris Vita.....why Sega didn't you localize this! I heard the story was kind of fun but i'll never know until I can understand Japanese fluently in 30 years. The game has DLC, which I'm never too fond of purchasing for other regions games (I believe I have a Jap PSN one....I don't think I have an ASIA PSN account).

I have the new corpse party but would like to play the first 2 games first. I see they are 20 bucks each on psn for vita (dont have a psp anymore so thats not an option). Have u guys ever seen them go for less than that or should i just pony up the 40 bucks?

I have the new corpse party but would like to play the first 2 games first. I see they are 20 bucks each on psn for vita (dont have a psp anymore so thats not an option). Have u guys ever seen them go for less than that or should i just pony up the 40 bucks?
Still a long wait till Halloween, that's when they go on sale.

They usually go on sale about once a year for 50% off or so...usually around Halloween.

Also, they were only released digitally here, so the vita versions on psn ARE the psp games. So having a psp wouldn't help.

The other option you could go with if you don't want to spend the money is watching playthroughs on youtube...but if you actually want to play the first two before starting the 3rd and don't want to wait 10 months, you should probably just pony up the $40.

The thing that bothers me the most about DOAX3 or whatever it's official name is, is that there is 9 characters I believe with maybe more coming with DLC. That sounds like a decent lack of content. Now 20 girls or something and I would be ordering it easily.

I may spring for Puyo Puyo Tetris Vita.....why Sega didn't you localize this! I heard the story was kind of fun but i'll never know until I can understand Japanese fluently in 30 years. The game has DLC, which I'm never too fond of purchasing for other regions games (I believe I have a Jap PSN one....I don't think I have an ASIA PSN account).
Might want to think twice about DLC coming out:

http://www.play-asia.com/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-venus-collectors-edition-multi-language/13/709dvd

There are 9 characters in the roster, selected based on a popularity contest where the results were announced during the Toyko Game Show 2015: Marie Rose, Honoka, Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro, Nyotengu, Hitomi, Momiji, and Helena Douglas complete the roster, with no plans for DLC.

They usually go on sale about once a year for 50% off or so...usually around Halloween.

Also, they were only released digitally here, so the vita versions on psn ARE the psp games. So having a psp wouldn't help.

The other option you could go with if you don't want to spend the money is watching playthroughs on youtube...but if you actually want to play the first two before starting the 3rd and don't want to wait 10 months, you should probably just pony up the $40.
Are any physical releases of the PSP Corpse Party games with English subtitles? I always like having the physical versions.

Moe Chronicle is on sale too for $32.99. Not as good as the $29.99 sale for a few hours a few weeks back but it's a sale.

Thank you. Ill think it over

bread's done
Back