PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Please take note, as of this past Wednesday my website (PSO Archive) was hacked and at present time is offline until further notice. The webhost has formally dropped my site as someone has been actively hacking into it on a regular basis ongoing for nearly two years, which has resulted in it being offline nearly as much as it has been online in that time frame. This situation gravely escalated in the last six months to a point where it was something which could no longer adequately be dealt with by my friend who has hosted the site free of charge for nearly ten years.

Until such time as I can determine a decent free hosting service to re-setup my site on I will be attaching the Vita R1 Directory and The Vita R1 Checklist PDF files directly to my posts here in this topic whenever they are updated. Current versions are presently attached to this post.

Directory: [attachment=19537:Vita_R1_Directory.pdf]

Checklist: [attachment=19536:the_vita_r1_checklist.pdf]

I'll wait until its around $18 again before I bite.
I gave my 21-year old nephew a copy for Christmas. He face-palmed in embarrassment upon pulling out the bib and bowl, it was hilarious.

The thing that bothers me the most about DOAX3 or whatever it's official name is, is that there is 9 characters I believe with maybe more coming with DLC. That sounds like a decent lack of content. Now 20 girls or something and I would be ordering it easily.

I may spring for Puyo Puyo Tetris Vita.....why Sega didn't you localize this! I heard the story was kind of fun but i'll never know until I can understand Japanese fluently in 30 years. The game has DLC, which I'm never too fond of purchasing for other regions games (I believe I have a Jap PSN one....I don't think I have an ASIA PSN account).
There are actually only about 15 girls in DOA, not counting guest characters and Kasumi clones. That sure was a stupid move to not put all of them in though.

There are actually only about 15 girls in DOA, not counting guest characters and Kasumi clones. That sure was a stupid move to not put all of them in though.
The vote was determined by the most paid theme downloads. It was the most brilliant marketing scheme ever, and now they'll probably sell like 500 more copies with their "not coming to the USA" viral marketing.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doax3/vote.html

Please take note, as of this past Wednesday my website (PSO Archive) was hacked and at present time is offline until further notice. The webhost has formally dropped my site as someone has been actively hacking into it on a regular basis ongoing for nearly two years, which has resulted in it being offline nearly as much as it has been online in that time frame. This situation gravely escalated in the last six months to a point where it was something which could no longer adequately be dealt with by my friend who has hosted the site free of charge for nearly ten years.
Until such time as I can determine a decent free hosting service to re-setup my site on I will be attaching the Vita R1 Directory and The Vita R1 Checklist PDF files directly to my posts here in this topic whenever they are updated. Current versions are presently attached to this post.
Directory:
attachicon.gif
Vita_R1_Directory.pdf
Checklist:
attachicon.gif
the_vita_r1_checklist.pdf
Sorry you are having so many problems. Your list is very much appreciated.

Just preordered Digimon Cyber Sleuth Asian Version with English subtitle from Play-Asia. It's a decent price right at $55 right?

After finally starting Hyperdevotion Noire, I have to say that I really enjoy it so far, especially the beginning, and it's probably one of the best Neptunia games made.

It takes away a lot of the BS (at least I haven't encountered them yet) like the repetitive dungeon exploring, and world map navigating, and puts you straight into the battle. You get EXP for most actions, and inactive party members get end-of-battle EXP bonuses as well, so it's a great aspect that even Persona hasn't really had yet. Also a lot of the main mission boss fights have a varying factor/gameplay change, so that's a nice touch that sets it apart from many other Neptunia games, and helps relieve a bit of repetitiveness and adds an extra level of challenge. I can see the lily ranks and level grinding to be a pain later on, but so far it's been a terrific game.

This game has been released for a long time now, so I'm not trying to get anyone to buy it, but I know a lot of you have bought it recently when Amazon had it for cheap, so I'm just recommending this one, at least for the sake of moving it up the ranks of the backlog to eventually get to it.

Also the voice acting is superb, and the voice actor for Noire (too lazy to look her up but all the credits to her) really outdone herself this time, probably some of the best voice acting in video game history, and fits the character we all know and love with utter perfection. And with such a large supporting cast, each of the other characters also has great voice work done as well, and as always, the dialogue in the Neptunia games are top notch. 

Basically, Hyperdevotion Noire is a great Neptunia game! Play it! Dig it up from the depths of the backlog pit!

Basically, Hyperdevotion Noire is a great Neptunia game! Play it! Dig it up from the depths of the backlog pit!
There's an unlock gallery DLC and unless you're trying for a platinum (not doing that again after Neptunia U) you can see the true ending without having to grind up Lilly ranks to 100% for all characters. The in game portion is just a harder boss, by at which point you'd be sick of the game anyways.

After finally starting Hyperdevotion Noire, I have to say that I really enjoy it so far, especially the beginning, and it's probably one of the best Neptunia games made.

It takes away a lot of the BS (at least I haven't encountered them yet) like the repetitive dungeon exploring, and world map navigating, and puts you straight into the battle. You get EXP for most actions, and inactive party members get end-of-battle EXP bonuses as well, so it's a great aspect that even Persona hasn't really had yet. Also a lot of the main mission boss fights have a varying factor/gameplay change, so that's a nice touch that sets it apart from many other Neptunia games, and helps relieve a bit of repetitiveness and adds an extra level of challenge. I can see the lily ranks and level grinding to be a pain later on, but so far it's been a terrific game.
I'm about halfway through and kind of finding that the removal of the "BS" sort of takes away some of the Hyperdimension feel and makes it feel a lot more like a spinoff/side game along the lines of Action Unleashed and Producing Perfection. I'm still really digging it (even though I'm not an SRPG fan and only wanted it because I'm a fan of the main series)...but it IS sort of just the main hub taken directly from the Neptunia games with a few tweaks and a list of missions you can select a la Action Unleashed. I do find myself wishing I could explore the world a bit more like in the Neptunia games. But, yes, solid game and good voice acting (although my favorites are still Victory and Re;birth 1).

And ya...no way I'm going for the platinum...only plan on grinding lily ranks enough to get the true ending, which is tedious enough in itself but isn't too hard/time-consuming.

That's not bad. Anybody here have experience with woot?! And the condition says new so I assume that means the 1 yr is intact.

Been ordering from W00t for about a decade. Never had a problem. I've heard customer service is good, but I've never needed it so I can't confirm that.

Really tempted to get the woot deal. Ordered a turtle beach refurbished headset a couple years ago without any issue.

Never owned a Vita before. From any other vendor, Is there another vita model that I should consider aside from the 1000? Will only be using wifi to remote play sw battlefront or destiny.

Really tempted to get the woot deal. Ordered a turtle beach refurbished headset a couple years ago without any issue.

Never owned a Vita before. From any other vendor, Is there another vita model that I should consider aside from the 1000? Will only be using wifi to remote play sw battlefront or destiny.
The current model is the 2000, i.e. vita slim. Some people prefer the original 1000 because it has an OLED screen, whereas the 2000 switched to the standard LCD screen. The 2000 does have its advantages, though (including longer battery life and switching to using a standard microUSB charging/USB cable instead of the proprietary one that the 1000 uses).

I've owned both the 1000 & 2000, and besides the OLED of the 1000, I prefer the 2000 in EVERY way. I sold my white 1000 to pay for my import white/blue model, and I've never looked back. Vita Slim FTW!

Thanks MR_E and chrislaustin. Definitely need to consider those new features as they do interest me. Decisions..decisions...

Love my slim for long playing sessions...

What backgrounds/themes do you all use here?  I'm getting tired of the original but don't want to pay for them.

I'm gonna pass on that Woot deal. That's how much I paid for my Slim, plus Woot charges sales tax in my state. I like my 2000 just fine, and the battery life is adequate and my hands don't cramp.

I've been wanting a Vita for a while, so I decided to go with this deal. Now time to try to find a memory card at a decent price.

A lot of talk about Vita themes so I'll share what I'm using too. Hd Neptunia ReB3 - CPU Custom Theme.

Not free though, it does cost $0.99 but I really like the background music and icons. There's two other ones too. 

Video of them, mine is the second shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om066g6aka0

A lot of talk about Vita themes so I'll share what I'm using too. Hd Neptunia ReB3 - CPU Custom Theme.

Not free though, it does cost $0.99 but I really like the background music and icons. There's two other ones too.

Video of them, mine is the second shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om066g6aka0
Nice! I like it. Picking it up. I have about 9.99 in PSN. I need about 3 or 4 more themes. Show me MOAR

Nice! I like it. Picking it up. I have about 9.99 in PSN. I need about 3 or 4 more themes. Show me MOAR
That's pretty much it, there's this for same price but no new background music, it uses the generic music. There's some Freedom Wars themes for $1.99 but they're meh. Everything else cost $2.99 and they all suck besides the Danganronpa theme.

Pretty sure if you search youtube you can find all the themes for Vita being demo'd there.

I'm using the Uncharted theme (mainly the icons now), with the wallpaper from the 20th anniversary theme.

My lock screen is a Rocket League pic I made (one can hope to see it on Vita)

So assuming it's still in stock, I'll be buying Atelier Escha & Logy™ Plus when I get paid. What are the other games in order that I should get, and do they perform better on PS3?

So assuming it's still in stock, I'll be buying Atelier Escha & Logy™ Plus when I get paid. What are the other games in order that I should get, and do they perform better on PS3?
Atelier games on Vita are known to have more slowdown than their console versions and possibly somewhat worse graphics. They also have DLC plus portability. That's what you're paying for.

Other games for vita are Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, Meruru Plus, Ayesha Plus and then Escha & Logy Plus.

bread's done
Back