PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried out a little Destiny remote play with my new PS4 last night... Really pleasantly surprised how great it works. I think I'm going to be using it a lot when my wife wants to watch television.

Didn't it just come out on December 8th? How was it on sale a week before release?
It wasn't really "on sale"; its price had been slowly falling like we've seen a few games do (e.g., Hyperdevotion Noire, Corpse Party: Blood Drive, Code: Realize, Superbeat XONiC, etc.).

I'm looking to pick up a Vita for Fallout 4 streaming and the Square games currently in the essentials sale right now. Any recommendations on console version or where the best deal is?

GS policy of selling display as new really sucks, all the stores by me only have 1 left.
It really is a huge ripoff. There are a number of games that are only distributed to GS stores in small numbers, and every store promptly guts the copy they receive, making it impossible to get a new copy. Tiny Troopers Joint Ops Plus is a good recent example, a limited release budget PS4 title. I actually went into one of the GS stores, and they offered to have a "new" copy shipped to me at home with no shipping fee. Got it in the mail, and it was a gutted copy with a price sticker right on the front of the box. So lame! I just returned it and bought a new one from Target.

Many other limited quantity games get the same treatment at GS, terrible policy, and why I buy very little from GS.

Dualshocker just reported the hardware sales numbers in Japan over the holidays, and I am glad to see the Vita is still going strong even though Sony has publicly stated that they won't support the platform anymore.  

1. New3DS XL – 37,227
  2. PS4 – 36,559
  3. PS Vita – 31,338
  4. Wii U – 24,722
  5. New 3DS – 11,610
  6. 3DS – 9,698
  7. PS3 – 2,784
  8. 3DS XL – 1,944
  9. Xbox One – 293

Wow. So many 3DS types on that list. But yes, if it continues to do well in Japan, I think we'll continue to see games come out in other regions.

I'm looking to pick up a Vita for Fallout 4 streaming and the Square games currently in the essentials sale right now. Any recommendations on console version or where the best deal is?
Real hard to find a Vita 1000 new, so odds are you'll be getting a 2000 slim model. (Nothing wrong with either)

You can find them new for $170 all the time, watch places like target's cartwheel for even better discounts. I haven't seen any current deals on the console recently, but haven't been looking though.

Dang just got around to checking out the Essentials Sale and was hoping for a lot more games than they have on sale. Definitely going to pick up Suikoden for $1.50 though, can't really pass that up. Everything else I either already have or would rather pick up a physical copy of, my 32GB memory card is practically filled to the brim right now too. 

Dualshocker just reported the hardware sales numbers in Japan over the holidays, and I am glad to see the Vita is still going strong even though Sony has publicly stated that they won't support the platform anymore.

1. New3DS XL – 37,227
  2. PS4 – 36,559
  3. PS Vita – 31,338
  4. Wii U – 24,722
  5. New 3DS – 11,610
  6. 3DS – 9,698
  7. PS3 – 2,784
  8. 3DS XL – 1,944
  9. Xbox One – 293
Too bad that has never carried over to any other region.

1. New3DS XL – 37,227
  2. PS4 – 36,559
  3. PS Vita – 31,338
  4. Wii U – 24,722
  5. New 3DS – 11,610
  6. 3DS – 9,698
  7. PS3 – 2,784
  8. 3DS XL – 1,944
  9. Xbox One – 293
I wonder what Vita sales in the West would have been like if Sony didn't force its proprietary memory cards on consumers?

I wonder what Vita sales in the West would have been like if Sony didn't force its proprietary memory cards on consumers?
I like what you're going for. But I really don't think many consumers make their purchasing decisions based on how much a memory card costs. That shock and disbelief happens later.

Have a question about the Atelier series:

I have always thought the series looked interesting and always see it talked about in here. I have also heard that the Arland series (don't kill me if this is wrong) has a time limit in the game on when things need to be done. Are the Dusk games (Ayesha, Escha & Logy and Shallie) the same way? Is this a staple of the Atelier games?

Thanks in advance!

I have always thought the series looked interesting and always see it talked about in here. I have also heard that the Arland series (don't kill me if this is wrong) has a time limit in the game on when things need to be done. Are the Dusk games (Ayesha, Escha & Logy and Shallie) the same way? Is this a staple of the Atelier games?

Thanks in advance!
ayesha has the time limit but I think it was lessened in escha and removed entirely in shallie.

I like what you're going for. But I really don't think many consumers make their purchasing decisions based on how much a memory card costs. That shock and disbelief happens later.
idk ... when it came to buying a Vita, especially in the secondary market, the cost of adding a memory card for another SIXTY DOLLARS, was a big deterrent for me and a lot of other people I know.

I can't see how some defend Sony's move, but to each their own. Just my two bits.

idk ... when it came to buying a Vita, especially in the secondary market, the cost of adding a memory card for another SIXTY DOLLARS, was a big deterrent for me and a lot of other people I know.

I can't see how some defend Sony's move, but to each their own. Just my two bits.
Well there's a difference between saying this is why Sony did something and saying that decision didn't have adverse consequences for us as consumers. You should be able to objectively look at what happened with the PSP and see the direct connection to why Sony made decisions with the memory card and battery.

Now Sony selling it at insane prices and continuing to do so is a different matter.

Same here... for me the memory card was why I stuck with my PSTV bundle I got cheap from Amazon. If it had been a microsd card, I would have had one much sooner and opted for a 64gb card from day 1. Instead I just had to really convince myself I'd play the Vita because of the portability versus my PSTV that was only getting very limited time and then pay full price for a Borderlands 2 Vita bundle.

All they really had to do for some security was format the memory card with a proprietary format that only the vita os could read. It's actually pretty easy to do.

Same thing with the proprietary cards got me with the PSP. IF it wasn't for GTA Vice City Stories, Burnout Legends & OutRun Coast To Coast 2006... and Sandisk making cards... I wouldn't have ended up with a PSP until I grabbed my PSP-Go on the cheap (Love the built in storage).

I found out about the cost of memory cards shortly beforeiI decided to get a Vita, and while I was upset it didn't change my mind. I did stick with the 8GB card that came with my Borderlands bundle for a good while, but once I ran out of space on that I went straight to 64GB.

It is easy to see why they wanted to do SOMETHING about security, but they clearly crossed a line. Not to mention that it was all for nothing anyway, since they stopped making any damn games for it anyway.

I'm a big fan of rhythm games, and I'm thinking of picking up DJ Max 3 in the PSN Essentials sale. Is it worth it?

We need a publisher to do proper English releases of Fate/stay night {Realta Nua} and Fate/hollow ataraxia. The Vita versions were both released back in 2012 and 2014 in Japan.

Anyone ever have any issues with analog sticks sticking slightly? Been playing Terraria and my cursor moves down slowly from the right analog stick when placing blocks. Not a huge amount, but somewhat noticeable. Not sure if it is the game or not since this was happening with the left a while back after playing through VLR and Uncharted, but it corrected itself. Hoping the right does the same...

I had the same issue. Your stick is defective. It may get worse over time. If it's OLED, there are lots of replacement sticks around. If it's Slim, you're probably SOL because I couldn't find parts. It got so bad I just bought a new unit.

FYI. If it's less than a year old, Sony might fix it under warranty.

Thanks in advance!
Like Shadowysea said, the Dusk games are more lenient and eventually do away with the time mechanic completely by its third game. If it's a real game breaker for you, try Ayesha Plus first. It's been on sale($20) twice recently. You may have to wait until golden week(May) for the next sale. If you're not sure if you'll like the games, just get one to try before you regret 5 purchases.

Imo, the Arland games have a better cast of characters and did more things right in terms of story. But Dusk is good too.

He's not defending memory card prices. He's just pointing out that the memory cards usually don't become a factor until some poor sod's already bought the system. Yes, there are some people that do their research and will not buy it because of the memory card prices. But what's stopping most people(aka the masses) from buying in is the lack of a "killer app" as a casual would put it. It needs a system seller like how Nintendo has Pokemon/Smash/Monster Hunter. There are people that will buy a system just to play that one game, and right now the vita is lacking in such a title. And that's probably not gonna change as long as Sony isn't putting any effort into it. Sure there's some great games on the system, but nothing that makes someone looking in from the outside think "Wow, I really need this." Only weirdos like us want all these VNs/JRPGs.

the shock and disbelief that you cant even play a game you bought at the store without a memory card...

wish i bought the vita slim now :/

Nah. Word of mouth from all of us that got burned definitely affected sales. It's a good point, if vita supported sd etc I believe it succeeds in a much grander scale.

I was influenced by memory card prices to not buy a Vita for over 2 years. I have a few friends who still have not gotten one in part because the overpriced Sony brand cards.

I still think the Vita memory card was one of Sony's dumbest moves ever. They should have dropped gyroscope and both touch screens and any other uselss secondary features  and put on board memory on the system/bundled a micro card. If they had done that and allowed any micro sd card to work I am still convinced the Vita could have done much much better. If they had further bit the bullet though and sold it for $200 with that on board memory, I think it could have rivaled the 3DS(especially with many of the bone head moves Nintendo made).

It blows my mind to this day that Sony did not learn pricing lessons from the PSP or PS3, they just went on making the same mistake.

Sony's terrible memory card prices are mainly why I went for a cheap used system. I got a 32 gig then and slammed my head cause it costed a bit over $80. Terrible price which is sometimes cheaper now. I needed the 64 gig since my 32 gig one was decently full and there went another $75. It sucks...I love the system. I wish there was some actual first party games, but the niche games are good. I will likely buy just a little for the vita this year other than Trillion, Escha & Logy, Stranger of Sword City, and Zero Escape 3. The rest of the stuff is mainly multi platform or digital. I will get Net High or whatever whenever they release it. Honestly just not much coming. Course my New 3DS XL will just see Popolocrois Story Seasons and Fire Emblem Fates so far....so eh. I would have loved a portable Ratchet & Clank or something like that for the Vita.

I was influenced by memory card prices to not buy a Vita for over 2 years. I have a few friends who still have not gotten one in part because the overpriced Sony brand cards.
I have to say that memory card prices actually factored into me holding off on getting a vita for a few years, too. I sort of lucked out in that a friend upgraded to a 64 GB card around the time I got my system and gave me his 32 GB.

I honestly don't know why the vita even needs memory cards when it could of just locked the saves to the damn carts.  I like my vita but the mem cards were definitely the reason why I waited till a year ago to buy it. Hearts r was the reason I got my vita and I almost could of passed had fricken bamco had announced it worked on the vita tv sooner.

It sure would be nice if someone would make an adapter for the memory card slot so we could use micro sd's.  Or use the phone card slot.

The saddest part is I spent 20$ on a vita tv and 20$ on a 16gb card to go with it.  When your cards cost as much as the system itself you know you are doing something wrong.

I honestly don't know why the vita even needs memory cards when it could of just locked the saves to the damn carts. I like my vita but the mem cards were definitely the reason why I waited till a year ago to buy it. Hearts r was the reason I got my vita and I almost could of passed had fricken bamco had announced it worked on the vita tv sooner.

It sure would be nice if someone would make an adapter for the memory card slot so we could use micro sd's. Or use the phone card slot.
Think about it. Why would someone need a 32 or 64 gb card if all that was on it were game saves?

You guys do realize that the informed users of CAG are most likely less than 1-2% of the gaming community right?  And you're talking about a portion of that small segment that actively chose not to buy Vitas because of memory card prices. 

A small sample from a few of you is in no way representative of the whole consumer base.  Don't let the echo chamber fool you.  People here have discerning purchasing habits. 

Most people just don't buy the Vita cause of no presence in stores and like some have said the same stock of the same games remains for months. Doesn't help that their is no new first party titles. Not everyone wants a niche machine.....

I might grab one of the refurbed 64gb memory cards from Gamestop . Anything to look for ? Also what is the best way to transfer from my 32gb to 64gh card ?

bread's done
Back