PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the trailer for VA-11 HALL-A... not really feeling like it'll be something I'd fully enjoy.  The environments shown seem super static.  I mean the same view from the bar, same shot at the merchant, same room to decorate.  If it has some level of moving around I'd be more interested.  Hopefully they put out a demo so i can check it out.

Edit:

I watched a 5min review of it... read a few reviews of the steam version as well... I can tell pretty much there's very little chance I'd really love the game.

Buying it with the PSP wouldn't make a difference to weather you can directly download it to a vita. It's more about if the game has been officially licensed for the Vita or not... if it is, you can, if it isn't you'll have to do the PS3 transfer. You'll also need a memory card for the vita... that's where costs tend to balloon. As for lists, there are many out there... google search it and you should find them all. Easier than that though is just to use the webstore and look up the games you want to play. If it can be directly downloaded to the Vita it'll have "Vita" listed with the systems it's licensed for... if not.. you'll most likely have to do the PS3 transfer.

$100 for a bare bones system without a memory card or packed in game voucher is a decent deal if it's still sealed... it's a great deal if it is a bundle and still sealed. If it was opened and returned... it's questionable because systems that are used could be hardware banned from PSN or have some issue that made the return necessary. Still, walmart is good about returns... so it wouldn't be a huge risk to get it.
Nope to the bolded. There are games I have that don't list vita next to the systems the games work on.

I found a copy of Odin Sphere shrink wrapped with an art book at Target. Rang up "item not found" I asked customer service and they concluded it was an online item and it was 27$. I had a 10$ off coupon and a few gift cards so I grabbed 'em.

I found a copy of Odin Sphere shrink wrapped with an art book at Target. Rang up "item not found" I asked customer service and they concluded it was an online item and it was 27$. I had a 10$ off coupon and a few gift cards so I grabbed 'em.
Great deal on a fantastic game! I thought Target permanently clearanced all Vita games last year, surprised that they even carried this game online.

You're welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x393waFKDw
'Welcome' for... posting a trailer to a 3 month old game that hasn't updated much on the Vita version yet?

Excuse me if I don't trip over myself while bowing down to you.

Great find. I never find any Vita games at Target.

What is the 10 dollar coupon? Is it a targeted offer? I dont see a post on here or maybe I missed it.

I grabbed a copy of Zero Time Dilemma from ebay for $26. 

It was still sealed (though the shrinkwrap was damaged) so I think maybe the person bought it just to get a 2nd wrist watch or something? 

Anyway, felt like that was a good price. 

Amazon should have sent you a link to use, which takes you directly to the $500 dollar bonus watch, and then at check out, you should have gotten $500 as a credit, along with a free shipping option. If you didn't get that, good luck to you, as Amazon's CS doesn't seem able to help much without it.

Then a few of us got watches from cancelled orders, and those where just "sent". No notification, or anything, and nothing to do to get it(just sent). I didn't know what it was until it arrived and I opened the box.
Yep i got a watch on one of my cancellations was very surprised

Amazon should have sent you a link to use, which takes you directly to the $500 dollar bonus watch, and then at check out, you should have gotten $500 as a credit, along with a free shipping option. If you didn't get that, good luck to you, as Amazon's CS doesn't seem able to help much without it.

Then a few of us got watches from cancelled orders, and those where just "sent". No notification, or anything, and nothing to do to get it(just sent). I didn't know what it was until it arrived and I opened the box.

Any deals on good grips or any recommendations for players with large hands. I was playing alundra yesterday and my hands felt super cramped after 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh God Alundra......I had a fit in the desert location because of some of the platforming sections

Any deals on good grips or any recommendations for players with large hands. I was playing alundra yesterday and my hands felt super cramped after 30 minutes.

Oh God Alundra......I had a fit in the desert location because of some of the platforming sections

Haha I just finished part of the desert section and I think I know exactly which part you're talking about. I always got mid way through the game when I played it on ps1 so now I'm forcing myself to finish it.

Haha I just finished part of the desert section and I think I know exactly which part you're talking about. I always got mid way through the game when I played it on ps1 so now I'm forcing myself to finish it.

Yeah, I've played Alundra twice over the years, and stopped midway each time. I really need to try and finish it, as it really was a great game(at least up to where I stopped each time.

I think both times I stopped, something else got my attention, and each time, it's so long between plays that I need to start over, and that is what keeps me from going back each time. Maybe the third time will be the charm. LOL

Great find. I never find any Vita games at Target.

What is the 10 dollar coupon? Is it a targeted offer? I dont see a post on here or maybe I missed it.
I received mine in the mail. I think if you have a Target account you probably got one. $10 coupon expires 10/1. There is also another $5 off of $15 or more purchase valid 10/2-10/15.

I received mine in the mail. I think if you have a Target account you probably got one. $10 coupon expires 10/1. There is also another $5 off of $15 or more purchase valid 10/2-10/15.
Ah, thanks. I have a RED card but haven't received anything yet, will keep an eye out.

The soundtrack will probably be a 6-track "music selection" CD and the artbook a 15-to-20-page pamphlet, but I could be wrong.
Pretty much, it's very close if it's identical to the Japanese/Asian release.

I posted this on the Niche thread but just in case it helps sway some of you over.

8npAUBZ.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/bZKBY

Again, it's on speculation that it'll look like that, but I think most western artbooks are just rehashes of their original releases, at least it was like that for Nep MK2 years ago. Might help you decide if you want to shell out the extra $10-12.

Demon Gaze

Dungeon Travelers 2

Haven't played Ray Gigant and Stranger of Sword City, so I don't know how they rank.
Agreed. Personally I like DT2 much better than DG because of the skill customization.

I'm almost through Ray Gigant, and I would say (no spoilers ahead):

Pros:

- Very beautiful graphics

- Diverse characters, good VA (Japanese) work

- Intriguing story unfolding (won't spoil anything so I won't say anymore) w/ OK pacing

- A atypical battle system (won't spoil anything so I won't say anymore)

Not to my taste:

- Too easy, no grinding needed at all

- Breaks some core DRPG concepts by having limited skill slots, limited team members, auto heal after each battle and a weird level up system that not only replaces experience alltogether, but also replaces shops, eliminates looting, therefore no currency circulation.

I'm still waiting for Aksys to announce a limited edition box for the new Fate game, because I think that deep down we all know they're doing one.

What was the best price for Tales of Cold Steel 2 ?

Thinking about picking it up before Playstation VR shows up in October.
20% off retail with Best Buy GCU or Amazon Prime was the best I saw for it. Both of those are dead now though (Best Buy is sold out).

Agreed. Personally I like DT2 much better than DG because of the skill customization.

I'm almost through Ray Gigant, and I would say (no spoilers ahead):

Pros:

- Very beautiful graphics

- Diverse characters, good VA (Japanese) work

- Intriguing story unfolding (won't spoil anything so I won't say anymore) w/ OK pacing

- A atypical battle system (won't spoil anything so I won't say anymore)

Not to my taste:

- Too easy, no grinding needed at all

- Breaks some core DRPG concepts by having limited skill slots, limited team members, auto heal after each battle and a weird level up system that not only replaces experience alltogether, but also replaces shops, eliminates looting, therefore no currency circulation.
Nice, I just started Ray Gigant today. And after my last DRPG (MIND=0) I could use a game that's not teeth grindingly difficult.

It really is incredibly beautiful though. They don't make them like this very often.

okay, I'll just pick up a copy cuz I'm about to take a long trip abroad soon. 

Also, how many vita owners are going to buy Playstation VR?  I just have an old ps4 and not planning on buying a Pro. 

Is it worth picking it up now?  I have thought about playing with it just to try it for a few weeks and then selling it. 

bread's done
Back