PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh I can only think of one download title I wanted to try and that was Monster Monpiece. Looking at the platform's strongest releases, I'm curious what titles you could be referring to.
Axiom Verge, Neon Chrome, Last Blade 2, Unepic, Severed, Brandish, Hotline Miami 1/2, Bastion, Geometry Wars, Sky Force Anniversary, Nuclear Throne, Minecraft, Zen Pinball, Pinball Arcade, all PSP and PS1 games (too many to list), Binding of Isaac, La-Mulana EX, Pixel junk Shooter, Gravity Crash Ultra, Dead Nation, Resogun, TxK, and many more.

Finished WoFF and wanted to do a run of a action game before I start another DRPG (MeiQ maybe?).

Played an hour of Hotline Miami, boy this game is brutal. Does it get nearly impossible towards the end like Super Meatboy (which I gave up on)?
Hotline Miami is not difficult at all to get Plat on, imo. Definitely nowhere near "Super Meat Boy" difficulty. Just keep playing and it will click and you will find yourself doing better for those A+ scores.

Axiom Verge, Neon Chrome, Last Blade 2, Unepic, Severed, Brandish, Hotline Miami 1/2, Bastion, Geometry Wars, Sky Force Anniversary, Nuclear Throne, Minecraft, Zen Pinball, Pinball Arcade, all PSP and PS1 games (too many to list), Binding of Isaac, La-Mulana EX, Pixel junk Shooter, Gravity Crash Ultra, Dead Nation, Resogun, TxK, and many mire.
Most of these games while digital only for vita are available on other platforms. I have a PS2 and a PC. Also there's nothing there so awesome I'd cave to the grossly overpriced memory cards.

Inconvenient was carrying around the briefcase sized Sega Game Gear travel bag. You have not been inconvenienced until you experience that. But yeah, I haven't "upgraded" from my 4GB card yet either, and I do have a 16GB card around here somewhere. Just haven't needed it since, like you, all my games are physical carts.
Or the original Atari Lynx, man handheld gaming has come a long way for sure. Battery life on those systems was beyond terrible, and rechargeable batteries back then sucked to, so an AC adapter was a must.

My 64GB card is full, as I only get games digital that I can't get physical, and thanks to LRG, I've actually been able to delete some games from my card, and make room for others, as now I have them physically.

There are tons of great digital only titles, but in this digital age, I can't fault anyone for not buying digital, as at some point these games will be gone. It's not a matter of "if" it will happen, but "when" it will happen. That's why I always get a physical game when I can, as that's for life, but these digital games are rent to own, and the ownership never happens. LOL

Or the original Atari Lynx, man handheld gaming has come a long way for sure. Battery life on those systems was beyond terrible, and rechargeable batteries back then sucked to, so an AC adapter was a must.

My 64GB card is full, as I only get games digital that I can't get physical, and thanks to LRG, I've actually been able to delete some games from my card, and make room for others, as now I have them physically.

There are tons of great digital only titles, but in this digital age, I can't fault anyone for not buying digital, as at some point these games will be gone. It's not a matter of "if" it will happen, but "when" it will happen. That's why I always get a physical game when I can, as that's for life, but these digital games are rent to own, and the ownership never happens. LOL
Someday all those digital patches for all your physical games will be gone too, then you'll be left with vanilla, unpatched versions of all your games. And don't forget the Vita hardware, make sure you have multiple backup units in case any of your systems fail. I have 6 Vitas total, 2 phat and 4 slim. Nothing lasts forever.

Someday all those digital patches for all your physical games will be gone too, then you'll be left with vanilla, unpatched versions of all your games. And don't forget the Vita hardware, make sure you have multiple backup units in case any of your systems fail. I have 6 Vitas total, 2 phat and 4 slim. Nothing lasts forever.
I'm planning to get another one soon, as I want one to be an "open" unit for sure, but I just haven't had the time or money recently to look in to it. But it's on my to do list for sure.

It was pretty devastating to lose cowboom as a cheap source to buy vita systems since they were cheap during the daily sales and mosly good condition.

Also where would be a good place to buy a charging cable for a 1000 model? I tried looking for the Insignia branded charger that was linked here but could not find at any store or online.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It doesn't need to be be physical vs digital, but physical and digital.I

Instead of complaining about one or the other, let's just appreciate that there is one and the other.

Can't we all just get along?
Agreed! Let's all put on our animal pajamas and have a Vita slumber party. TOMATO!

4316413_zpsujrpsjex.gif

Just for the record, backlog is a backlog regardless of physical or digital. And right now, my physical game backlog is well over one thousand.games. But if I can just get myself a bunker built that runs on geo-thermal power I can lock myself a way for a few years and work on catching up... eventually. :p
Sometimes I tend to wish I could just have someone else play my backlog and just watch their playthrough on YouTube so I can be like "yeah I beat this game and got 100% on it"

It's like an apple store but darker and moodier.
Nothing is darker than an Apple store.

Hotline Miami is not difficult at all to get Plat on, imo. Definitely nowhere near "Super Meat Boy" difficulty. Just keep playing and it will click and you will find yourself doing better for those A+ scores.
Thanks, I guess I will get better as I put some more hours in.

Super Meat Boy on the other hand, frustrating as hell, and is in the small list of "Vita games that I quit on".

Although, Apple stores are actually incredibly bright on the inside.

I guess they need to blast that light to cover up the darkness which lies within.

Blind your customers before they realize they're getting screwed.

Have there been any Vita system deals lately? My daughter kinda borrowed mine indefinitely. Kinda interested in the slim just to have something different, but everywhere I look (outside of eBay) seems full price.

Have there been any Vita system deals lately? My daughter kinda borrowed mine indefinitely. Kinda interested in the slim just to have something different, but everywhere I look (outside of eBay) seems full price.
At this point, we're lucky the system is still even being sold here. If you see a system you like, but it, as options are getting smaller and smaller as time goes by.

At this point, we're lucky the system is still even being sold here. If you see a system you like, but it, as options are getting smaller and smaller as time goes by.
Yeah, even the gamestop exclusive (Aqua Blue slim) isn't made anymore. Not sure if GameStop converted the inventory to used or something but I don't see it anywhere new. You can always get an asian import for it though, but the system menu X/O button functions will be swapped.

Ebay is the best place to get Vitas atm, especially if you don't mind used. You can get most of the imported Slim vita colors for $200 new, and it's somewhat cheap for the black phat/slims (used).

Gamestop usually has a B2G1 on all preowned items after Christmas and they have a fairly large stock of pre-owned Vitas if my estimates are correct. In store they seem to have around 8,675 Slim Vitas in stock and 11,856 OLED Vitas.

I would have broken my Vita if I were to even attempt to beat it.

The game creator sure are some sadistic fckers.
I thought i was the only one got the game for free with plus and i had enough was the level with the chain saws and you have to jump up some cliff...i said screw this never again

I never like the US options for systems, handhelds or consoles, so I always import when possible. I sold my OLED white unit years ago, and got the blue/white import, and have never looked back.

Yeah, even the gamestop exclusive (Aqua Blue slim) isn't made anymore. Not sure if GameStop converted the inventory to used or something but I don't see it anywhere new. You can always get an asian import for it though, but the system menu X/O button functions will be swapped.

Ebay is the best place to get Vitas atm, especially if you don't mind used. You can get most of the imported Slim vita colors for $200 new, and it's somewhat cheap for the black phat/slims (used).
The GS Aqua Blue Vita is beautiful. I have two of them, one actively being used, and one still unused. I can't believe they sold out so fast at GS. Got one new from a GS store, and the second from eBay (NA versions). Wish Sony had released more colored Vita systems in NA.

You can always get an asian import for it though, but the system menu X/O button functions will be swapped.
I have an import Vita, domestic Vita, Import PSTV and domestic PSTV that I play on frequently depending on whether or not I want to use Henkaku. Combined with all of the import titles. I'm in a constant state of confusion as to which button to press at all times. Why Sony? Why? Can we just standardize this already. Like when we jumped from FF3 to FF7 and everyone was like WTF?

I have an import Vita, domestic Vita, Import PSTV and domestic PSTV that I play on frequently depending on whether or not I want to use Henkaku. Combined with all of the import titles. I'm in a constant state of confusion as to which button to press at all times. Why Sony? Why? Can we just standardize this already. Like when we jumped from FF3 to FF7 and everyone was like WTF?
Standardize? that will be difficult. To force Japanese and Asians to use US layout or force Americans to use Japan layout?

The easiest way would be just put a system option to selection which layout to use or have in game option, but guess they think it's one method to avoid importing console for whatever reason.

Inconvenient was carrying around the briefcase sized Sega Game Gear travel bag. You have not been inconvenienced until you experience that. But yeah, I haven't "upgraded" from my 4GB card yet either, and I do have a 16GB card around here somewhere. Just haven't needed it since, like you, all my games are physical carts.
Carrying around just the Game Gear alone was an inconvenience. That big-ass brick...

I never like the US options for systems, handhelds or consoles, so I always import when possible. I sold my OLED white unit years ago, and got the blue/white import, and have never looked back.
Gotta agree. Why do most game companies think the U.S. isn't interested in variety? Ended up importing the White/blue Vita slim myself and it's so nice.

Exist Archive is down to $17.85 on Amazon. I guess I jumped too soon at the $19.99 mark.... but at least I have my copy and don't have to track it waiting for the drop to stop.
Even at $19.99 it wasn't tempting enough.. dunno, something about the game seems unappealing. But once it hit $17.85 I thought what the heck, can't be that bad for that price.

Gotta agree. Why do most game companies think the U.S. isn't interested in variety? Ended up importing the White/blue Vita slim myself and it's so nice.
I think it's about the logistics of it all. All of those LE systems are manufactured in Japan, so for them to get them all, is not a big deal, for the US, it's more work and cost. Shipping, changing menus, box art, etc are all cost over what the Japanese market has to cover. Now can they be sold and do well in the US? For sure, but I just don't think the higher ups at these companies know their market.

"N" does the best in regards to options, but NoA has gone so way down over the years, they have been leaving a shit ton of money on the table as well, but at least they "try" although rather poorly, but at least there is options. If their systems weren't region locked, there would be more options here as well.

Sony gave up on the Vita out of the gate, so while it's doing rather decent in Japan, it's no surprise they don't offer choices here, as they didn't even give us the 64GB card here, so other colors where never going to be in large supply. But with it being region free, it's all good. I would rather a shit ton of options happen in Japan, than not at all, as I can get almost anything. Yeah, it may cost more, but I don't care, as it's all about choices.

Maybe invest a little in better cover art..?
I grew up in the 70's and 80's, so I got the stellar box art of the 2600 era where it could have hung in a art gallery some place, but the games where hurting in the graphics dept. Then we got the NES with better looking games, but the box art is just about the worst ever created. So while this isn't the best box art ever, it represents the games graphics rather well. I'll probably pledge as support for the Vita.

Bringing back the topic of Plague Road on KickStarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedistillery/plague-road-a-roguelike-turn-based-strategy-game

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/808082837756932096/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Physical Vita version is a go, but they're only 2/3rds of the way to their goal with 11 days to go. $40 for the physical version and your name in the credits.
How is he developing a game for $30k and producing physical copies? I'm interested in supporting the KS but the goal seems way too low

So... physical version is NOT a go unless they meet their goal.
There is no stretch goal like those clowns do with the VN, if it reaches the funding goal of $30,000 the game will happen, along with the levels of pledging. If they don't reach that number, the game won't be funded, and your funds won't be taken.

So where a lot of the VN Kickstarters need to reach a stretch goal for a Vita version, or physical, this will get it no matter what. In those cases, you can pledge, then when the stretch goal isn't reached, your stuck with PC or some other version you didn't want.

The goal just needs to be reached here. Now of course, this is KS, so even if they reach the goal the Vita version may get cancelled, or they may run in to issues, but this is way better than most of these campaigns.

How is he developing a game for $30k and producing physical copies? I'm interested in supporting the KS but the goal seems way too low
At this stage of production, we have completed work on the game engine and development tools, meaning that the majority of technical work has already been accomplished. The team is now ready to move into full production of assets and content, on target to launch the finished game in Summer of 2017.

While we can never eliminate all risks nor account for acts of nature, we are supremely confident that we will be able to hit our target dates and complete the project on time and on budget.

To create the 6" Plague Doctor figurine, we will be working with LET'S ROCK IT 3D Innovation GmbH, a leading producer of statues and models for video games and other properties based in Berlin, Germany. You can learn more about them at letsrockit.net

Yeah, when a project is funded correctly, most of the work is often times already paid for and covered. The good Crowdfunding projects are the ones that really just need the funds for production & advertising, and not development. 

So then, you are investing in something where you can already see some of what the finished product is. Things like Mighty No. 9, are getting funds to pay for everything from the ground up, and that's when you need to worry, as the people in charge might be interest in a trip around the world, and not so much about making a new game. LOL

So for a lot of these smaller indie projects, they have spent most of their own time and funds already(and often times some of their families funds as well), so you are then just helping to get them over the hump. Common sense is key with KS, IndieGoGo, etc. If something doesn't seem right, or a project is years away, tread with caution. I'm more than happy to throw $40 at this project, as that is fair for a physical release, and they seem to be realistic in what they are trying to achieve.

It's still an investment, so anything can happen between now and release, but the risk here seems rather low.

Yeah, when a project is funded correctly, most of the work is often times already paid for and covered. The good Crowdfunding projects are the ones that really just need the funds for production & advertising, and not development.

So then, you are investing in something where you can already see some of what the finished product is. Things like Mighty No. 9, are getting funds to pay for everything from the ground up, and that's when you need to worry, as the people in charge might be interest in a trip around the world, and not so much about making a new game. LOL

So for a lot of these smaller indie projects, they have spent most of their own time and funds already(and often times some of their families funds as well), so you are then just helping to get them over the hump. Common sense is key with KS, IndieGoGo, etc. If something doesn't seem right, or a project is years away, tread with caution. I'm more than happy to throw $40 at this project, as that is fair for a physical release, and they seem to be realistic in what they are trying to achieve.

It's still an investment, so anything can happen between now and release, but the risk here seems rather low.
I don't know that I agree with you about what makes a good Kickstarter project. My feeling is that if a game is already really close to being finished, there is no reason for a developer to essentially give a big chunk of backer money to Kickstarter for the privilege of being able to claim they had a successful campaign. With publishers like LRG and Indiebox out there handling physical releases competently, there is no reason to do what is essentially a preorder on Kickstarter only to then hand over publishing to a third party. Personally, I reviewed the developer info on the campaign site and I don't believe anyone associated with this project has ever shipped a game before. I also think that the engine and graphics as currently shown in the trailer look pretty poor. As such, I can't see risking money on this particular game.

MegaTagmension Banc + Neptune vs Zombies has dropped to $21.40 on Amazon. I'm still trying to decide if I want it, though this is low enough I may just get it.

We'll it appears to be out of stock. Or maybe I'm having problems from my phone? I'll have to check when I get home.

I don't know that I agree with you about what makes a good Kickstarter project. My feeling is that if a game is already really close to being finished, there is no reason for a developer to essentially give a big chunk of backer money to Kickstarter for the privilege of being able to claim they had a successful campaign. With publishers like LRG and Indiebox out there handling physical releases competently, there is no reason to do what is essentially a preorder on Kickstarter only to then hand over publishing to a third party. Personally, I reviewed the developer info on the campaign site and I don't believe anyone associated with this project has ever shipped a game before. I also think that the engine and graphics as currently shown in the trailer look pretty poor. As such, I can't see risking money on this particular game.
You did exactly what I recommended to do, review the information and draw a conclusion based on that and make a decision that is best for you, excellent job.

For me personally, there are those who have experience, and still delay or put out garbage(Mighty No. 9 comes to mind). Just because some people haven't put out a game in the past, doesn't mean they can't make a great product and do a good job of it.

I can mentioned several well known companies with billions in the bank who turn out garbage and delay games on the regular, and charge the public a premium for the privilege. I would rather pay a group of men/women $40 who are hungry for some success, than the companies who have been turning out the same crap year after year and could care less about offering the best game they can for the consumers dollars.

This is what I consider a good risk, some one else will not. The same information isn't perceived are seen the same way by different people, and that's OK. I'm willing to gamble the $40 based on what I have seen, you aren't, and that's cool.

i love this guy's art style, and i'm glad he's making another game. also i did not see it mentioned here, but he confirmed in the comments on ks, the $40 physical tier also nets you a digital copy. the digital copy can be your platform of choice as well. it's cross buy on vita/ps4, so you can get your code for steam/xbox one instead. or redeem your digital copy for ps, and keep your physical copy sealed.

Question about Plague Road:  Is the physical Vita/PS4 version exclusive to Kickstarter or are they being released to standard retail outlets (Amazon, etc)?

This is what I consider a good risk, some one else will not. The same information isn't perceived are seen the same way by different people, and that's OK. I'm willing to gamble the $40 based on what I have seen, you aren't, and that's cool.
Stop with your reasoned and measured responses! This is the internet, all opposing posts are supposed to be "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
LJlzk0s.jpg

Question about Plague Road: Is the physical Vita/PS4 version exclusive to Kickstarter or are they being released to standard retail outlets (Amazon, etc)?
It just says limited run boxed retail copy. I didn't find any other information, so it should be at retail, but it may not be in big numbers. I can't see a small indie making a game like this and having physical, and not selling at retail, as your making games anyway, so why not make a decent amount to sale at retail.

The physical pledge is $40, so I really don't see a reason to wait, as I'm sure that will be the retail cost, and if your waiting on a cheaper price, this game might not last that long at retail, so a price below $40 may or may not happen either way.

I would say if anyone is interested, get in now, as if they don't reach their goal, the games might not happen, and then none of this will matter either way.

Sharin no Kuni is about $17,000 away from getting the Vita tier funded.
LRG just sent me an email this morning promoting it, so hopefully that will push it over the mark. But considering how many where soured after Friday's release, LRG sending out an email might not be that well received. LOL

bread's done
Back