PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
People buy toys on Amazon now. They don't need TRU that has prices ~10% over MSRP when Amazon already sells well below that. TRU runs a crappy website that nobody wants to use and also has a poor members program. They still rely on all the Joe Schmo's that simply want to walk into a store and buy something bc they're lazy. That populace has steadily decreased.

TRU is also part of that multi-store returns watch program, whatever it's called. Where they scan your driver's license and +1 you in the system anytime you return anything. There basically aren't any benefits to shopping there except to buy stuff that other retailers don't have, TODAY.

That's why they diversified into Babies R Us long ago. The high margins and high-volume sales on that stuff is likely what is keeping them afloat. You can tell from the massive amounts of merchandise required to stock the stores, that doesn't move, that the company can't ever be doing well. The perpetually have so much money invested in dead floor stock.

We had two stores close here in the last few years and are now down to 5 stores in the greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area. I expect it to go down to only 2-3 stores in the next several years. They simply never adapted with the times. It's a very poorly run business that hasn't changed in 30 years.
Taking a child to a toy store is part of the experience. I hope that doesn't go away.

I doubt it, as long as we have physical media being sold in any form we are still going to have B&M stores if anything what we might see more Mom & Pop shops open up. I personally think you are right that in the next decade Gamestop will be going away, this past year a number of Gamestop stores in my area have all been closing down.
gamestop has too many stores from when they bought out others. On average there can be two in the same city sometimes the same mall. They have been closing stores for years now. this is nothing new.

I've always had the vita dim on mine when I don't touch a button for a while, not that the occurrences are any more frequent that when I first had it. It usually happens when I watch cut scenes like the one in Stein's Gate. There's probably an option to disable it, but I find that it's helpful when I afk and forget about it. Also, if you tap the panel on the back, 99% of the time it'll go back to light, without having to worry about pressing a button and interrupting your cutscene.
I find that bumping the analog stick does the job without worry of doing anything. I cannot remember what I was playing recently but my vita actually shut itself off during a cutscene due to inactivity -_-

I posted these to the Niche forum, but just in case, there will be a few amazon deals for later today:

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (vita) at 11:40 am central
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max (vita) 11:50am central
Oops...had it pulled up and forgot about it...now 100%

Anyone know how the Amazon price-dropping works? Like I've had my eye on a game that's been dropping a few cents every couple hours or something for the past few days. How do I know when to buy?!

Is there a certain number of days until it stops?

Once it gets to the minimum price, will it jump back up to full price, stay at minimum for a bit, or slowly go back up in price?

Anyone know how the Amazon price-dropping works? Like I've had my eye on a game that's been dropping a few cents every couple hours or something for the past few days. How do I know when to buy?!

Once it gets to the minimum price, will it jump back up to full price, stay at minimum for a bit, or slowly go back up in price?
It varies, and anything can happen. I've waited for a certain price to be reached, only to have the price slowly start to climb, or sometimes it just jumps back to full price.

Normally I pick a price I can live with, and once it reaches that I'll buy. Sometimes I get in to early, and it drops more, but sometimes it goes back up and I get a good price.

There really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, but some here say if and when people buy, it causes the price to go up, but I don't know how true or untrue that may be.

If you order it and select slow shipping or combine it with a preorder, then you don't have to worry about the price rising but also have some time to cancel/reorder if it drops further.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist Both Updated!:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by month claimed with claimed release date after title.

- 2017 -
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX (1/27)
Curses N Chaos (1/27)
-
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (February?)
-
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March TBA)
-
A Rose in the Twilight (4/11)
-
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (2nd Quarter)
-
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (3rd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
-
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
God Wars: Future Past (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

buy before or as it hits slickdeals is usually the optimum time as it is only guaranteed to go back up from there in my experience. Still mad that I waited too long on hyper devotion noire. but I got it on sale on psn so it wasn't too bad. Would of preferred physical.

It varies, and anything can happen. I've waited for a certain price to be reached, only to have the price slowly start to climb, or sometimes it just jumps back to full price.

Normally I pick a price I can live with, and once it reaches that I'll buy. Sometimes I get in to early, and it drops more, but sometimes it goes back up and I get a good price.

There really doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, but some here say if and when people buy, it causes the price to go up, but I don't know how true or untrue that may be.
the buying part is definitely true. Once they go through enough stock the price goes back up since they only lowered the price to move the games in the first place. They did that to tactics ogre and all the other psp games a while back (which I got a number of for 10$ or less XD) and just last year they were doing that with the vita games no one really wanted.

Don't know how or why Heavy Arms has US Atelier Shallie, non-LE but they just posted them.  $48.

Edit:  Heavy Arms is not US Based, and normally carry Asian English releases.  Many CAGs have ordered from them without issue.  I have not.  I am just reporting that they posted this, and it is available for those who missed out on NIS America selling Atelier Shallie.  I personally find it very strange that this exists.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/821330213514530816

Don't know how or why Heavy Arms has US Atelier Shallie, non-LE but they just posted them. $48.

are they a good site?

might want to list they are an overseas site as well.. though it was us based

Don't know how or why Heavy Arms has US Atelier Shallie, non-LE but they just posted them. $48.

Edit: Heavy Arms is not US Based, and normally carry Asian English releases. Many CAGs have ordered from them without issue. I have not. I am just reporting that they posted this, and it is available for those who missed out on NIS America selling Atelier Shallie. I personally find it very strange that this exists.

NISA Is the R1 distributor, but they are not the publisher for this title. Koei-Tecmo is actually the publisher, so it is not only possible, but highly likely that Koei-Tecmo had more copies made than the quantity agreed to be sold through NISA for the purpose of satisfying the R3 demands. Just my theory.

I've never bought from Heavy Arms personally, but others I know have given Heavy Arms repeat business. Apparently they're cheaper on shipping than Play-Asia.

Edit:

I just read all of Steve's (owner of Heavy Arm store) tweets in reply to the tweet re-posted here.

Seems he actually bought his inventory from the U.S. publisher. So likely either someone messed up and ordered way to many copies from the Sony production factory, or over ordered spare copies of the game, or something happened in regards to production of the additional limited edition goods provided in the boxed set from NISA that caused them to not need as many copies as were produced. Leaning towards limited edition goods production issues here personally as I noted that the collector's box my copy arrived in yesterday had minor factory damage to the top opening flap.

Have there been vanilla releases of the Atelier games on Vita in the US? I only remember NISA selling the Limited editions.

I'm curious, what issues did you have? I've ordered from them several times and it's been very smooth.
He's just kidding, don't take it seriously. But really he shouldn't even joke about it, since HA is widely known as a reputable retailer, and jokes can be taken the wrong way.

Have there been vanilla releases of the Atelier games on Vita in the US? I only remember NISA selling the Limited editions.
Only the LE in the US. The LE is $55 from NISA, the vanilla version is $48 from heavy-arm.

Heavy-arm is actually fantastic. I was being sarcastic in my previous post. There's no font option on the mobile site to make the font yellow.

Typical amazon packaging.

lrZbLB6.jpg

Taking a child to a toy store is part of the experience. I hope that doesn't go away.
This is indeed a big part of the experience. And that's the key for brick-and-mortar stores. Experience. The problem is that a lot of big-box stores no longer focus on the experience, and are trying to compete with services like Amazon on efficiency.

There is no competing with on-line services when it comes to efficiency. I can press a button on a webpage, and two days later what I ordered shows up on my doorstep. There is so little difficulty there that it's scary. Walmart can't compete with that, neither can Target. Toys-R-Us doesn't stand a chance. The only real advantage that physical stores can claim is the immediacy. I can go there and pick up an item NOW, instead of waiting a day or two for the post to arrive. But this advantage will always be more significant for necessities, and is far less important for luxuries. And 99% of what Toys-R-Us sells are luxury items. When I run out of toilet paper, I have to go get some more NOW. When I run out of new video games, I can wait. (in my case, a VERY long time)

The remaining advantage for physical stores is the experience. Toys-R-Us needs a small coffee shop/lounge area. They need a little play-area in every store where younger kids can run around, maybe play with a few of the featured products. Having the play area in easy view of the coffee shop/lounge area is a no-brainer. Parents can kick back and chat with a latte while their small children sample some of the store's offerings. That's a good experience. Stores should be scaled down to be less like warehouses. Storing ALL of the toys isn't as important as selecting and featuring the BEST toys. Being featured on Toys-R-Us's shelves should be a mark of prestige, not a matter of course. Employees should be full-time, and trained to interact regularly with customers. Talking about the products and which ones would be right for the customer is what customer relations are going to be all about.

Physical stores can't compete with on-line retailers when it comes to efficient sales. But they can compete when it comes to specialty sales, and especially when it comes to providing experiences and environments. I can't go to Amazon to relax and be surrounded by things I like. But I can do that in a physical store. It's why I always liked bookstores. Physical stores need to start cultivating environments.

I haven't used Heavy Arm for a few months(as I've been broke due to the holidays), but all of my orders have been AWESOME! Responsive emails, decent tracking for packages, everything I could ask for, and pretty good pricing, with regular restocks.

I can't speak for others, but what's not to like? LOL If someone has has an issue, please give details so the community can be aware of any possible issues.

how is this fate? I enjoyed a lot from last year's Unlimited Blade Works anime, but havent played a fate action game yet

While we're talking about heavyarms, how much does shipping cost to east coast US for a single vita game? I'm thinking of getting SRW V and deciding where would be cheapest to get it.

While we're talking about heavyarms, how much does shipping cost to east coast US for a single vita game? I'm thinking of getting SRW V and deciding where would be cheapest to get it.
The last time I ordered, it was a flat $10, and you could include up to 5 games for the one time cost of $10. I'm not sure if it's changed or not, and I think they offer an express option as well, but I never used it.

So why Heavy Arms vs Play Asia, or vice versa? I normally place my import orders through Play Asia, and is where I ordered SRW V through.

Then by all means, do give details. Just dropping that sentence by itself really give any facts to back up your assertion.
I can't speak for him but really, why should he have to give you details? Regardless of what he says you still try to defend themselves as you have been, telling others what he really meant was the worst offense. Besides, why does it matter? He could just lie and you'd never know nor would you believe him as evidenced by your obviously snarky comment that exudes contempt.

I ordered twice from them, was mildly annoyed once and not very happy the second so I don't buy from them. I don't hate them but I won't give them money anymore.

Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to it.

The last time I ordered, it was a flat $10, and you could include up to 5 games for the one time cost of $10. I'm not sure if it's changed or not, and I think they offer an express option as well, but I never used it.
Here is what steve said in a email regarding the issue today

"[SIZE=17pt]Shipping is 10USD for 1-5 games via airmail (7-21 days) or 20USD via express (3-5 days)"[/SIZE]

I can't speak for him but really, why should he have to give you details?
Because he's making a claim and not supporting it with evidence or details and this just slanders their name. HA is a Sony approved store. I've only ever had good experiences with them. They arrive in the condition promised and come when promised.

Because he's making a claim and not supporting it with evidence or details and this just slanders their name. HA is a Sony approved store. I've only ever had good experiences with them. They arrive in the condition promised and come when promised.
I wasn't slandering anyone. Again with the assumptions. If you like ordering from them, great. Continue to do so.

The question was asked if they are a good store to shop with, and based on my experience I said no. They screwed up my order, refused to admit they made a mistake, and eventually stopped replying to my emails. With no real website or phone number, there was nothing else I could do and as a result I lost about $50. That's enough for me to take my business elsewhere.

Now I stick with Play-Asia even if they're a little more expensive because I've never had any issues with them.

I wasn't slandering anyone. Again with the assumptions. If you like ordering from them, great. Continue to do so.

The question was asked if they are a good store to shop with, and based on my experience I said no. They screwed up my order, refused to admit they made a mistake, and eventually stopped replying to my emails. With no real website or phone number, there was nothing else I could do and as a result I lost about $50. That's enough for me to take my business elsewhere.

Now I stick with Play-Asia even if they're a little more expensive because I've never had any issues with them.
Fair enough man, I was just honestly curious as to what happened. I'm not blind to anyone's faults and that is just the first I've heard of anyone having an issue.

Thanks for explaining why you had a problem with them. I can understand now where your comment was coming from. That's, I think, all people wanted.

Isn't Atelier Shallie getting an EU Vita physical release?

Also, I can vouch for Heavy Arm as having awesome customer service! I wouldn't hesitate to order again from them in the future.

Thanks for the info. I posted a VGP sale a few weeks back, and was surprised to find out people had had issues with CC fraud from them.

A yes/no question was asked, and you answered it as requested, but in a situation like this, as was stated, it's good to give details, not because you weren't believed, but just as a caution to others.

This is a community after all(although maybe a dysfunctional one), so if I have info that can keep someone else from having problems, it's good to pass it along, and the details just help to paint a complete picture.

I hadn't tried Heavy Arms before, I had mostly used Play Asia, and Lik Sang before them.  I inquired about shipping today, and it is $10 for up to five games.  $20 for the express shipping.

I've never had an issue with Play Asia or Lik Sang for that matter before they were shut down.  Seeing as others have mostly had positive results with Heavy Arms, I would likely try them in the future.

I hadn't tried Heavy Arms before, I had mostly used Play Asia, and Lik Sang before them. I inquired about shipping today, and it is $10 for up to five games. $20 for the express shipping.

I've never had an issue with Play Asia or Lik Sang for that matter before they were shut down. Seeing as others have mostly had positive results with Heavy Arms, I would likely try them in the future.
Lik Sang was the SHIT! I miss those guys, great import spot.

What is the details regarding CC fraud with VGP? Is it recent or does it relate to the 2012 leak?
Late last year after I ordered my copy of River City Tokyo Rumble at launch, I was one of the victims. My CC started to get a massive rash of charges within a week or so from some place that sounded like it sold home remodeling materials or something related. Thankfully my CC company locked the card within seconds and I confirmed the charges as bogus within a couple minutes of it all starting. It has something to do with the website security that allows the info to get stolen. While I lost no money on the deal (and was happy with my VGP purchase) it was frustrating waiting for a new card and switching my netflix to another card as that was due the same week.

Right now I don't intend to purchase anything through VGP but if I change my mind I'll probably use paypal to limit any exposure.

Lik Sang was the SHIT! I miss those guys, great import spot.
LikSang was great. It sucked when they got shut down. I used them for mainly dreamcast games back in the day. Also ncsx.com as I think it was overall a better deal to get Shenmue 2 (PAL Dreamcast) that way. I didn't use ncsx much but the few times I did I didn't mind even if they were a couple of bucks extra since the games were already in the country and would take little time to ship.

bread's done
Back