PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The Binding of Isaac was free on PS+ back in November 2014.   I've tried to get into that game several times now but just can't seem to find anything fun about it.  If you had PS+ back then and you still have it now, you **should** (pending you actually took the time to lock in those licenses) have it already.   Personally I love classic zelda dungeon crawling, but I just don't care for randomly generated dungeons like this.

I know this would be an easy pass for me.

The Binding of Isaac was free on PS+ back in November 2014. I've tried to get into that game several times now but just can't seem to find anything fun about it. If you had PS+ back then and you still have it now, you **should** (pending you actually took the time to lock in those licenses) have it already. Personally I love classic zelda dungeon crawling, but I just don't care for randomly generated dungeons like this.

I know this would be an easy pass for me.
It's more like Smash TV than Zelda imo and I dislike it for the same reasons you do.

It's more like Smash TV than Zelda imo and I dislike it for the same reasons you do.
I guess I can see that a little with the shooting and the minimap. SmashTV was more wave after wave of enemies (bordering on tower defense in a way).... and you could shoot at angles as well as the actual hit detection was good. SmashTV was pretty intense. Isaac, is slower... with the need to roam between rooms (even backtracking) collecting keys and stuff with a fixed number of enemies. It leans more towards Zelda 1 Dungeons than SmashTV. Of course now I have the itch to play SmashTV. Maybe I'll hook up the ole GameCube and pop in Midway Arcade Treasures. Of course if I do that I need to make it a game night with the family and go all in with some Gauntlet too.

I guess I can see that a little with the shooting and the minimap. SmashTV was more wave after wave of enemies (bordering on tower defense in a way).... and you could shoot at angles as well as the actual hit detection was good. SmashTV was pretty intense. Isaac, is slower... with the need to roam between rooms (even backtracking) collecting keys and stuff with a fixed number of enemies. It leans more towards Zelda 1 Dungeons than SmashTV. Of course now I have the itch to play SmashTV. Maybe I'll hook up the ole GameCube and pop in Midway Arcade Treasures. Of course if I do that I need to make it a game night with the family and go all in with some Gauntlet too.
Have you played Nuclear Throne or Enter the Gungeon? I feel like you'd like the former a lot, since it doesn't really have your complaints about Binding of Isaac.

I classify Isaac as a roguelike zeldalike twin-stick shooter, myself. It's excellent at being that, but I haven't felt a particular urge to grab Rebirth. The original has more than enough replay value for my purposes, and runs beautifully on my toaster laptop.

Sweet! I just ordered fifteen Vita games to gift to the niece and three oldest nephews at Christmas from this GameStop sale. Grand total after discounts: $100.07

They're not collectors, so if the games arrive with no case or a replacement case it won't matter to them. Really though, what a deal.
Oh no.... what sale did I miss? Just a B2G1?

I hate it when I go on vacation....

Have you played Nuclear Throne or Enter the Gungeon? I feel like you'd like the former a lot, since it doesn't really have your complaints about Binding of Isaac.
Nope... but I took a moment to look both up and Enter the Gungeon looks exceptional. Especially co-op. That was the beauty of Gauntlet (and Gauntlet 2) back in the day. Too bad that's not on Vita. I went ahead and put it on my PSN and Steam wishlists. Nuclear Throne didn't grab me quite as much, but I put it on my lists and if it's cheap enough I'll grab it. Typically I'm not into rogue-anythings and don't care for random generators. Thanks for the recommendations.

Nope... but I took a moment to look both up and Enter the Gungeon looks exceptional. Especially co-op. That was the beauty of Gauntlet (and Gauntlet 2) back in the day. Too bad that's not on Vita. I went ahead and put it on my PSN and Steam wishlists. Nuclear Throne didn't grab me quite as much, but I put it on my lists and if it's cheap enough I'll grab it. Typically I'm not into rogue-anythings and don't care for random generators. Thanks for the recommendations.
Nuclear Throne is faster paced, feels more like Smash TV, with smallish and not too random levels, so I thought you would like it more. It also has co-op. I do like Enter the Gungeon the most out of them.

Bleh.  Those kinds of cases are the devil.  Remember them the next time you find a Vita or DS game you've been looking for and it's cart only or has a generic Gamestop case.  It's because someone shoved all their carts into one of those and either lost or threw away the cases, art, and manuals.

Bleh. Those kinds of cases are the devil. Remember them the next time you find a Vita or DS game you've been looking for and it's cart only or has a generic Gamestop case. It's because someone shoved all their carts into one of those and either lost or threw away the cases, art, and manuals.
I actually use them specifically for games I get that don't have a case/art/manual etc.

Which is getting to be more common with my local GS - I grabbed Disgaea 3/4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 1/2, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, and P4 Dancing All Night during the B2G1. They didn't even have generic GS cases, because "they came in loose and the cases take up too much space, so we just put them in the old yellow disc sleeves".

Anyone use this switch game case for vita games? I thought I read in this thread or the Target clearance thread that it fits vita games and is clearanced for $3 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Game-Nintendo-Switch-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01NASY99Z
I picked up a similar one branded for Zelda, I'll open it up and see how the Vita games fit when I get home from work in about an hour.

...I don't even have a Switch. I'm just a terrible fan-boy for Zelda -___-

Bleh. Those kinds of cases are the devil. Remember them the next time you find a Vita or DS game you've been looking for and it's cart only or has a generic Gamestop case. It's because someone shoved all their carts into one of those and either lost or threw away the cases, art, and manuals.
I actually store my cases away and want to keep the games more mobile. I don't have a place to display them so this would be the best solution. My vita case can only store 8 carts and this would maybe fit my situation.

I have this exact case and never thought to store Vita games in it. Just tried, though - they snap in nicely, and fit just about perfectly. For $3 I'd say grab one or two for your Vita or Switch needs.
I second this. I bought 2 myself and put my games in.

I have so many 3DS and Vita games that it cluttered my shelves. I decided to get cases like these to put my games in and put the cases in a plastic bin under the bed. Now I have much easier access to my games without so much space being used by my backlog and collection. I live in a small apartment. Space matters.
To each their own.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 4th Quarter
Axiom Verge : Multiverse Edition (11/21)
Bad Apple Wars (10/13)
Chaos;Child (10/24)
Demon Gaze II (11/14)
Shakedown Hawaii (4th Quarter)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (10/10)
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (11/14)
Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition (10/24)
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (10/24)
- Release Dates Not Yet Announced, Most Will Likely Convert to 2018 Releases.
2064: Read Only Memories (TBA)
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Claire: Extended Cut (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Under Night In-Brith Exe:Late[st] (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
7’sCarlet (TBA)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (1st Quarter?)
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly (TBA)
Secret of Mana (2/15)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Bad Apple Wars
Day One Edition - Available
- $39.99
- http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/bad-apple-wars-day-one-edition-only-at-gamestop/153014
- Release Date: October 13th, 2017

- Badland Games -
Axiom Verge
Multiverse Edition - Available
- $29.99
- https://www.bestbuy.com/site/axiom-verge-multiverse-edition-ps-vita/6008500.p?skuId=6008500
- Release Date: November 21st, 2017

- Gaijin Works -
Summon Night 6 : Lost Borders
VGP Plus Exclusive Wonderful Edition - Limit 1 per customer while supplies last.
- $179.99 Canadian Dollars
- https://www.videogamesplus.ca/summon-night-lost-borders-vgp-exclusive-wonderful-edition-vita-p-24660.html
- Release Date: October 10th, 2017

- NIS America -
Demon Gaze II
Limited Edition - SOLD OUT!
- $64.99
- https://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/demon-gaze-ii-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: November 14th, 2017

Tokyo Tattoo Girls
- $39.99
- https://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/tokyo-tattoo-girls-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: November 14th, 2017

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
- $49.99
- https://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/yomawari-midnight-shadows-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: October 24th, 2017

- Rice Digital -
Chaos;Child
Gigalomaniac Edition - Available
- $64.99 (plus international S&H)
- http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/chaos-child-ps-vita-us-collectors-edition
- Release Date: October 24th, 2017

- KickStarter Offerings -

- Koji Igarashi/ 505 Games -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- $60.00 + S&H (FULLY FUNDED! Still available to preorder!)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Collector's Box
- $250.00 + S&H
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/
- Targeted Release Date: March 2018

- Tokyo Otaku Mode / Frontwing -
Sharin no Kuni ~ The Girl Among the Sunflowers ~
- Campaing began November 21st, 2016, and ended on December 21st, 2016.
- Vita Physical Stretch Goal: $120,000 (Met and Exceeded)
- $46.00 & Up + S&H (BackerKit)
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project
- https://re-sharin-no-kuni-project.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/72680
- Targeted Release Date: 1st Quarter 2018

Good point, but I would be super eager to play it if I was that big of a fan. I am not a Zelda fan at all and I absolutely love BotW on the Switch.
Yeah, the only reason I've been able to hold off is BotW on the Wii U. There's no difference in content, story, gameplay, etc... It's a really smooth, really well made game regardless. While the Switch renders on a TV at a higher resolution, I usually play on the Wii U gamepad anyway, so that's not really a big deal for me.

....But I do have a copy for the switch as well. But after getting the 3DS and Wii U at launch, only to have a Zelda edition announced within a year makes me wary to buy their system at launch. At least with the DS they didn't come out with a Zelda edition until the DS Lite came out.

But anyway - Enough about Nintendo.  I tried the Zelda Switch game case, and Vita games snap in perfectly.  It's a nice alternative to leaving loose games in my vault case or the one that came with P4G (at least until I can get some extra blank cases to put art in)

Looks like the "quite easy to understand rules, but hard to master" game "Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary" will be launching on the PSVita and PS4. If the game is anything like the Wii game, will probably be easy enough to play even if you don't know the language as it is currently Japan only. (as long as there is a player FAQ/guide)

Also my physical Undertale Vita Locket edition is on it's way! but there is a problem.... According to USPS tracking, the package's last update is: "Your shipment was received at 7:04 pm on October 4, 2017 in TUCSON, AZ 85726. The acceptance of your package is pending.".

I wonder if the mass amount of lockets set off some alarm lol. Hopefully it wasn't damaged or held back. the arrival date at the top says, it will arrive tomorrow by 8pm (in NJ), but then in a notice there is a message "Delays expected". 

:grouphug:  I wonder if anyone else had their shipments caught in this problem too?

Looks like the "quite easy to understand rules, but hard to master" game "Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary" will be launching on the PSVita and PS4. If the game is anything like the Wii game, will probably be easy enough to play even if you don't know the language as it is currently Japan only. (as long as there is a player FAQ/guide)
I picked up Fortune Street and I liked it but my friends and I didn't play it long. We prefer Culdcept. I'd pick up the new one if it came out here though.

For those that don't frequent the LRG thread... some copies of Broken Age surfaced over on Fangamer...

https://www.fangamer.com/products/broken-age-for-ps4-and-ps-vita

The LRG guys say there were only 30 available for the vita version when this went up yesterday, but it looks like they are still taking orders... so this may be sold out already or it may be there are still a few left.  Either way, thought someone here might want to know.

I ordered a copy of undertale fangamer and I have a confirmation saying that it will be shipped by late September but I have still yet to receive a shipping update. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I ordered a copy of undertale fangamer and I have a confirmation saying that it will be shipped by late September but I have still yet to receive a shipping update. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Yep, mine still shows unfulfilled. I wasn't in a rush, but I did plan to put this on sooner, rather than later. So hopefully it ships soon, but I'm still waiting on several orders from many different places, so par for the course I guess.

Yep, mine still shows unfulfilled. I wasn't in a rush, but I did plan to put this on sooner, rather than later. So hopefully it ships soon, but I'm still waiting on several orders from many different places, so par for the course I guess.
No rush here either, but I'd just like to have it in hand. I'm still playing through Utawarerumono: MOT and I'm 6 hours deep into Culdcept Revolt.

Anything Vita related from Sekai Project will be like this.

And I guess Gaijinworks with all dem delays

0DmrW.gif

Got my Undertale CE for Vita yesterday. Quite a nice little package.
Even with the warning of a delay, I also got my Vita Locket Undertale yesterday. It's sitting on my shelf next to Ys8 CE. I'll probably play it after I finish Ys8 and Danganronpa V3.

Got my Undertale LE on Friday. It was bigger than I thought it'd be. The locket looks really nice, definitely worth the premium over the standard edition.

bread's done
Back