PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one.... Is this the kinda game where it's better if I played Akiba's Trip... cus i didnt :/
Nope. It's only related in location. Sadly, the gameplay isn't even the same.

Oh how bad could it be.
It's not terrible. It plays like a Tales Of game, and I liked the story until near the end. I still think Akiba's Trip was much more fun and unique, though.

Maybe I'll cancel and run over to my local GS and pick up Akiba's Trip for a few dollars more instead.... It's that much better?
I think so, but they are different enough that it's doesn't feel right to compare them (but I blatantly do). I'd recommend Trip on the PS4 though, for the much, much shorter load times. It's totally playable on the Vita, though. I did one run through on there.

Well I took the gamble and bought 8 Vita games with Gamestops 4/$X sale online, hoping to get at least a few complete games to fill out my collection...Yeah, that was a bad choice. 8 out of 8 were cart only >.<

Learned my lesson!
It's Vegas-like odds against you getting complete games when you order used through GameStop.com sadly.

Yes, I can. All I have to do is pre-order it from Best Buy or Amazon. The pre-order discount they provide usually drops the price below whatever sticker GameStop will EVER put on one of those titles. And GameStop won't even have any of those games available a month after release anyway.
I chiefly pre-order from BestBuy.com now. So far every game they have shipped to me arrived intact shipped inside of a real box!

Yeah, of the 8 games I bought online, none were complete in my area. I ended up selling the lot for a couple dollars more than I paid. Back to the hunt!

But yeah, my local Gamestops do have some complete Vita games, probably 8-10 per store, but never enough for a B2G1 of games that I don't already own. I usually grab one or two and combine with PS4 games. The 4/$X sales is a great deal, IF you can find 4 games in the right price range that are complete...
I ordered fifteen Vita games from them during the "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale two weekends ago, all to gift at Christmas. The breakdown of what I received is like this.

• 7 - In original cases
  • 5 - in GameStop generic black cases
  • 3 - in paper CD sleeves

Was quite pleasantly shocked that nearly half the games ordered showed up in their original cases, let alone cases at all! These are gifting out to my niece and oldest three nephews, none of whom are collectors, so absence of the original cases isn't a issue for them.

Idk. Bought at least half of my Vita games from Gamestop.
Same here, I got probably a hundred of the R1 releases from them used when I first began collecting the system hardcore. Still a decent resource for anyone just getting gaming on the Vita.

Where do these GS with complete Vita games dwell, the shadow realm?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

Maybe I'll cancel and run over to my local GS and pick up Akiba's Trip for a few dollars more instead.... It's that much better?
So I'll be honest, I haven't played Akiba's Beat, and really have no interest in playing it. But I did platinum Akiba's Trip and absolutely loved the game. I actually consider it the funniest game ever made, the dialogue is just hilarious!

But there's a reason Akiba's Beat is dropped so low so fast, and Akiba's Trip's price was relatively steady, especially for the 1st year it released. It's just that Akiba's Trip seems to have more style and uniqueness to me, and Akiba's Beat looks like a regular JRPG without much inspiration in it's design from it's trailer. I definitely recommend Akiba's Trip though, since you'd probably never, and will likely never in the future, play a game like that. At least one that's localized in the States. It's a pretty wild experience.

I received my "new" copy of superdimension Neptune today and of course it was just sticker sealed but had art work at least so that's a success at least

Well I took the gamble and bought 8 Vita games with Gamestops 4/$X sale online, hoping to get at least a few complete games to fill out my collection...Yeah, that was a bad choice. 8 out of 8 were cart only >.<

Learned my lesson!
Terrible luck. I ordered Hatsune Miku Project Diva F second and Superbeat Xonic about 2 weeks ago from gamestop and both came with the original case/artwork. Project Diva came with the manual too. I don't know if Superbeat has a manual, but it didn't come with one.

I would assume that the more you order, the more likely you are to get a complete copy. On the other hand, I ordered 8 Vita games, and got 8 cart only. They were all different games, but to me at least, it seems like they prefer to ship out cart only games...
I believe many order are shipped from stores not from warehouse, so the same order can be shipped from different stores, tracking will show from different locations, they are also packed different. So, definitely depends on your luck which store is going to ship your item and what they have in hand.

Hi Everyone.

Can someone please list games that run/play better on the vita vs the ps3/ps4 console or the other way around? Picked up Dragon Crown for the vita over the PS3, but heard some vita games has framerate issues over the counterparts.

Anything is a must have on the vita? 

Anything on the Vita is going to run worse than the Console/PC counterpart. A good portion of the games actually have to turn off WiFi/Network Services or lower the screen brightness to squeeze out a little extra processing power. That being said, enhanced versions of games like Atelier and Persona 4 were created for the Vita, and those changes persist into sequels that are back on consoles.

Anything on the Vita is going to run worse than the Console/PC counterpart. A good portion of the games actually have to turn off WiFi/Network Services or lower the screen brightness to squeeze out a little extra processing power. That being said, enhanced versions of games like Atelier and Persona 4 were created for the Vita, and those changes persist into sequels that are back on consoles.
thanks. Was looking at the legend of heroes trail of the cold steel and heard frame rate issues on the vita, but some say that both ps3 and vita graphics look about equal.

The Vita version of Dragons Crown can have some framerate issues when screens get crazy. Plays perfectly fine.

I played Trails of Cold Steel on Vita as well, no issues to speak of.

World of Final Fantasy runs like garbage though.

Akiba's Beat is just a huge ripoff of multiple other things. They pretty much straight copied the battle system from the the Tales of series. The story's premise is very similar to Persona 4 (and whatever Persona 4 got it from). 

It's kind of enjoyable though. If I'm ever really bored I might finish it.

The Vita version of Dragons Crown can have some framerate issues when screens get crazy. Plays perfectly fine.

I played Trails of Cold Steel on Vita as well, no issues to speak of.

World of Final Fantasy runs like garbage though.
I thought WoFF ran fine, and was pleasantly surprised by how well it performed for a game of such scale on a tiny handheld. One of my favorites on the Vita.

Dungeon Travelers 2 and Odin Sphere had reprints and they are available at VGP.

Really great news, hopefully when publishers see their games start to become rare and pricey, they simply make more of them.

Dungeon Travelers 2 and Odin Sphere had reprints and they are available at VGP.

Really great news, hopefully when publishers see their games start to become rare and pricey, they simply make more of them.
VGP has gotten many reprints done over the years, so that's their "thing" for sure.

Atlus is opening up their own official webstore tomorrow (Monday October 16th). Watch for all of their collector's edition variants to become exclusive offerings through their own site in the future.

Atlus is opening up their own official webstore tomorrow (Monday October 16th). Watch for all of their collector's edition variants to become exclusive offerings through their own site in the future.
Now they can release a limited run of The Caligula Effect Collector's Edition. :lol:

I wish if it means the only to get it. A man can dream.

I thought WoFF ran fine, and was pleasantly surprised by how well it performed for a game of such scale on a tiny handheld. One of my favorites on the Vita.
I'm pretty sure the load times were longer on the Vita, but yeah, it ran perfectly fine for me too.

Hi Everyone.

Can someone please list games that run/play better on the vita vs the ps3/ps4 console or the other way around? Picked up Dragon Crown for the vita over the PS3, but heard some vita games has framerate issues over the counterparts.

Anything is a must have on the vita?
If there is a PS4 version, I definitely go for PS4 version as I can do remote play with Vita, that's how I did grinding :shame: on DOAX3

If there is a PS3 version, if the game wasn't made to use the touchscreen or touchpad on Vita, I usually will get the PS3 version unless Vita is cheaper or it's easier and I'm willing to do grinding on Vita.

Obviously, I'm not a collector.

Just tried remote play for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash today... I assume I need to beef up my local WIFI in some way. But it was blurry, artifacting, and eventually cut out when I was streaming netflix to a different device. My wifi is pretty fucking decent. But this didn't compare to my smooth, clear remote play experience on X1. Using a Linksys E4200. No network cables invloved in either of these experiences. Any ideas on what I should look for. I wasn't originally planning on using the remote play feature, but I've found it to be useful for grinding while getting other things done.

Just tried remote play for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash today... I assume I need to beef up my local WIFI in some way. But it was blurry, artifacting, and eventually cut out when I was streaming netflix to a different device. My wifi is pretty fucking decent. But this didn't compare to my smooth, clear remote play experience on X1. Using a Linksys E4200. No network cables invloved in either of these experiences. Any ideas on what I should look for. I wasn't originally planning on using the remote play feature, but I've found it to be useful for grinding while getting other things done.
Wired PS4, connect Vita to the router (not ad-hoc, which I think is the default).

Oh cool my akiba beat order just came and arrived in a box with my drive girls order. It came with The preorder plush too wow. I ordered from best buy.

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/920707793878843392
I was wondering when they'd announce their next otome. My wife keeps asking me if there have been any updates on the Code Realize fandisc (she really enjoyed the original game), but I think Hakuoki was another one of her favorites.

I was wondering when they'd announce their next otome. My wife keeps asking me if there have been any updates on the Code Realize fandisc (she really enjoyed the original game), but I think Hakuoki was another one of her favorites.
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ is coming out in 2018.

You might try remote play on a computer to see if it's the wifi connection of the Vita. Laptop usually have better wifi than Vita. The wifi on Vita isn't that great I would say, the PSTV's wifi is even worse.

I have PS4 in living room, wired to router. The PSTV in my bedroom on wifi very often refuse to do remote play, I have that fixed using wired connection with powerline adapter. The Vita works better than PSTV, can do it without issue at a little farther distance.

Just when we we're hoping for release dates on already announced games from LRG, we got this instead.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/921386255962791936

Is there going to be any deals on BF for vita games?
You may see a few, but I don't think most places have large enough inventory to even bother. The Vita is dead to most retailers, and BF deals or normally to get rid of non moving stock, or to get people in the door for other items. I don't see the Vita doing either for anyone, so I'm not expecting tons of deals.

EDIT: And if when when they do happen, you'll need to be at the right place, at the right time. As most stock is very low, and the deals go lightning fast.

You may see a few, but I don't think most places have large enough inventory to even bother. The Vita is dead to most retailers, and BF deals or normally to get rid of non moving stock, or to get people in the door for other items. I don't see the Vita doing either for anyone, so I'm not expecting tons of deals.

EDIT: And if when when they do happen, you'll need to be at the right place, at the right time. As most stock is very low, and the deals go lightning fast.

Hold on, let me get my crystal ball...
Future unclear..ask again later

I'm going to say no.
Best bet would be possibly gamestop having a vita game on sale & amazon matching them if they do.
I would agree with this - Gamestop and Amazon would be the best bets. I would even add in the NISA and Aksys websites since they usually run BF deals and are pretty active Vita publishers. Best Buy carries a fair number of Vita games but never seems to put them on sale. In fact, they rarely go to clearance anymore.

Only thing for Vita would be the usual buy 2 get 1 free used games thing at Gamestop. For new games....Gamestop may have a few (like they did a year or two for Freedom Wars), but honestly most of the new titles are so niche that they wont be that cheap because they don't have as many copies floating around.

Is there going to be any deals on BF for vita games?
Black Friday doubful for any Vita specific sales. Past several years now GameSlop has regularly held a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" used products sale, which of course includes Vita systems, accessories, and games. Aksys Games tends to put virtually all of their inventory on sale on Black Friday.

Aksys Games never seems to have inventory issues as far as ample quantities being available to supply demand during their sale. But make sure you're ordering enough to qualify for free shipping as otherwise shipping is charged at actual calculated rate via USPS PRiority Mail and is rather high. Last year I padded my order from them with deeply discounted PSP games as adding a couple of $9.99 PSP games only made my order a few dollars more than if I had not gotten them and paid for the shipping. Aksys Games Webstore: https://store.aksysgames.com/

carousel-item-6.jpg

Last couple of years now Nippon Ichi Software America (NISA) has held Cyber Monday sales through their online store, which has included Vita games. Likewise, Limited Run Games (LRG) held a special sale last year, but not through their website, rather through their forum and was subject to first come first serve in responding to their sale postings through private messaging. No idea is LRG will do that again this year and if so if they will again use the chaotic private messaging method or actually make the items available through their webstore as one should hope they would do.

Items in the NISA sale tend to sell out lightning fast as it is literally the remainder inventory of limited and collector's editions they'd been holding back to replace lost or damaged deliveries, and in some instances they've even notated in the sale listings you may receive product which had been returned by another customer due to packaging having been damaged in shipping.But NISA has had lots of Vita releases so far this year, so should be a good selection if you can be online at midnight Pacific Standard Time to catch when the deals go live. Definitely sign up for their e-mail newsletter if you want to have a couple days heads up as to when their sale will begin this year. Again, try to order enough to qualify for free shipping elsewise they too charge calculated shipping to you using USPS Priority Mail. NISA Webstore: https://store.nisamerica.com/

NISA Online Store is happy to offer free shipping options to all of our domestic customers (customers who live within the United States and it's territories) who place orders of more than $75.00! Free Shipping methods will vary depending on the weight or contents of your order. The following is a breakdown of the free shipping methods we offer:

• Orders Under 13 oz: USPS Standard First Class
  • Orders 13oz and above: USPS Priority
  • All Anime-Only orders: USPS Media Mail
** All free shipping methods come with tracking information.

bread's done
Back