PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still happy with the Play-Asia sale, as I wasn't going to pay retail for Semispheres or Tachyon. Thanks to whomever posted originally--$18 each, shipped, is just right for me.

Wowwww. Ordered two copies of used Zero Escape Nonary Games from Gamestop. Both came complete. I feel like I used up my luck for the week. Gonna keep 1 and give the other to a friend who's a VN enthusiast!

My switch version shipped from BB but not my vita copy. They also already shipped my Black Friday stuff. I’m guess it’s not coming launch day

Vita Year Six - 2017 - Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales!
This is everything we know about so far with cited sales beginning early this year. The heat is certainly on as publishers and retailers alike vie for our dollars! Ready. Set. Shop!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aksys Games (Publisher Web Store)

Sale Duration: Friday 11/17 - Ends on "Cyber" Monday 11/27
Link: https://store.aksysgames.com/collections/reduced

Games on sale:
$19.99 - Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
$19.99 - Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!
$19.99 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
$24.99 - Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
$19.99 - Mind Zero
$24.99 - Muramasa: Rebirth
$24.99 - Norn9: Var Commons
$24.99 - Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~
$24.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
$39.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate: Eternal Wanderer Edition
$14.99 - XBlaze Code: Embryo
$14.99 - XBlaze Lost: Memories

Free Shipping in the continental U.S.A. on orders $75+, or for orders $95+ to Alaska, Hawaii, and the Dominion of Canada.

Idea Factory - Iffy's Online Store Holiday Sale

Sale Duration: Monday 11/20 - Ends on Friday 12/22
Link: http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/

Games on sale:
$35.99 - Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds
$62.00 - Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds: Limited Edition
$35.99 - Mary Skelter: Nightmares
$43.00 - MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death: Limited Edition
$31.99 - SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls

Shipping charges depend on weight and destination. Free shipping may be offered to customers in the U.S.A., though stipulations for orders with total weight over thirteen ounces are not given. International shipping is available.

GameStop (Online & In Stores)

Sale Duration: Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) 11/23 - Ends on Sunday 11/26
Link: https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita

ALL USED Games, Systems, and Accessories on sale!
Buy any 2 used items, Get 1 of equal or lesser value Free. This sale offer stacks with the GameStop Power Up Rewards membership discount.

Domestic shipping to the U.S.A. & Puerto Rico starts at $4.99. Internation shipping starts at $14.99 (ouch).

I happen to pop in here after a long time away, and people are lamenting not getting in on the very glitch that I got in on months ago.

Tch2VDn.gif

Axiom Verge shipped
Mine arrived today from Amazon a few minutes ago, and imagine my surprise when both copies arrived in a box with proper packaging. Then imagine my surprise in seeing that both boxes are actually smashed.

Damn, Amazon is really beyond belief. I also got some supplements and dental floss in another box that was 3x bigger than the AV one, when those items would have easily fit in the same size box. So I can't even say they save any funds when shipping, as we get boxes like that all the time. To small for some items, and way oversize for others.

Oh well, I just put in for a return, before the games sell out, and I'll just keep the best one, and send back the rest. The game box is a little flimsy on one side, so depending on who's pulling stock, they where probably smashed then, as the shipping box was fine for once.

My copy of Axion Verge is ready for pick-up... at Best Buy... at the very Best Buy location where I work at, and am not scheduled to go back to work at again until Friday... And I had actually selected to have it shipped when I pre-ordered it! Really BestBuy.com, really?!

My copy of Axion Verge is ready for pick-up... at Best Buy... at the very Best Buy location where I work at, and am not scheduled to go back to work at again until Friday... And I had actually selected to have it shipped when I pre-ordered it! Really BestBuy.com, really?! <sigh>
I feel like what happened to me recently is somehow similar to you:
I had a copy of Demon Gaze II preordered for in-store pickup at my local BB. I got an email last Tuesday saying it was delayed and to go the website to change the order to pickup at another store or have it shipped. The BB site told me no changes could be made to the order. It was in stock at bestbuy.com then and up through the rest of this story. BB CS last week said my local store was getting it on Friday and that I could wait. I waited. Today, I remembered I had heard nothing about it being ready, so I spent 35 minutes with CS to try to get it shipped to me. No luck. I canceled the order and placed it again, 20 minutes later (after my rewards points had been added back to my account), for shipping. It shipped a few hours later.

I ordered a Vita game from Best Buy too. Never ever, ever, ever put pick up in store. I doubt it works anymore. The store will not get a copy and you will be forced to changed the order. For me it was the same as everyone here with having to spend time to change the order to shipping. Just ship the Vita games.

Yeah, I'm not sure what NISA or Xseed may have planned at present moment. 505Games, Aksys Games, Atlus, and Idea Factory all have at least one implied physical release Vita title announced for next year. And we mustn't forget that we could potentially see LRG published titles on store shelves in mass retail now that all future releases will bare ESRB ratings. They said long ago the end game was to be able to continue offering up limited edition titles, but also to be able to send out to mass market non-limited editions of predictably popular titles.

Someone from NISA was interviewed early this year by some two-bit website that didn't bother to post said interview until back in September. Don't ask me which website, they were getting ragged on by GameFAQs members a couple months back for this interview. The person interviewed had said 2017 was the final year NISA intended to support the PS Vita and named off Danganronpa V3 as being the last title they had plans to release physically. However, from best anyone could tell, that interview transpired six or more weeks before E3 took place, and at E3 that guy was probably eating crow because we ended up with four games confirmed for release in the second half of this year that had previously been unannounced and no mention or hinting was made to in that crazy interview.

Recall though that this time last year was about the same scenario as now where NISA was concerned, we left November and went into December with zero Vita titles on the NISA horizon, and then just sometime before Christmas we got hit with Danganronpa V3 being not only announced but going up for pre-sale. NISA could still delight us with a new release announcement before this year is over with. Frankly I think they'd be silly to discontinue support for the Vita when everything the release sells so well for them on pre-order alone, not to mention they have access to so many Vita games developed and released in Japan by their parent company NIS, which they could localize for R1 and Europe R2 release without even having to pay out a licensing fee to a third party. Would be crazy for a business to neglect a chance to maximize getting more profits out of their own properties... crazy like Sega! And nobody wants to be Sega these days.

Oh, I may as well just post the full list again. Yes, the bulk of the titles below are going to be published by LRG, but not all.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists Updated:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 4th Quarter
Claire: Extended Cut (12/1)
mystery LRG game #3 (TBA)
Shakedown Hawaii (December, maybe?)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (December, maybe?)
Windjammers (12/1)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced, Most Will Likely Convert to 2018 Releases.
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Under Night In-Brith Exe:Late[st] (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
7’sCarlet (TBA)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (TBA)
Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (2nd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (1st Quarter?)
Organ Trail: Complete Edition (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (TBA)
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly (TBA)
Reverie (TBA)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)
Velocity 2X : Critical Mass Edition (1/23)

If companies like Aksys and NISA already have Vita releases in the pipeline for digital only, maybe they can release physical versions through LRG. The Vita versions are already being made, LRG releases are all but guaranteed to sell out, and everyone makes money even with the ESRB rating. It could be a win-win all around: the publishers get added revenue/sales without being stuck with inventory, the physical runs should be enough for most everyone that wants a physical version and it could help LRG sign bigger devs/publishers. That could lead to more physical Atlus releases, since SEGA would have to sign off on that I assume.

I'm betting the unannounced 'Danganronpa' game will get a physical release though. I think that's too popular a series on Vita for it not too. We haven't heard from 'Shakedown Miami' lately. That is one I'm looking forward to physically. (You have 'Claire' listed twice).

Thanks, doppleganger Claire entry deleted.

Key thing to understand here is that it is cheaper for all of these existing publisher's to continue self-publishing as they get a several thousand dollar discount off of the rating fee from the ESRB if they submit the game to be rated for both the digital & physical release at the same time.

Aksys Games, is another Japanese company that for reasons no one can comprehend rarely localizes the parent company's JP releases. They're quick to localize the fighting games from parent company, Arc System Works, and nothing more. Aksys has also been stung pretty badly on many of the other titles that they've licensed and released for the Vita; Mind Zero, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Aegis of Earth, and Drive Girls all seem to have flopped hard after their respective launches for one reason or another. I think they've finally found a niche to settle into with localizing and publishing Otomate VNs though, as the one announced for next year will be the fifth one they've licensed for the Vita, and their seventh VN in total released by them, counting their two XBlaze games. And this is all highly ironic, as Arc System Works is well known in Japan for producing... Visual Novel games. It's like the universe is trying to tell them something, and they just can't seem to hear it.

Atlus is and already was a publisher before Sega bought their parent company. Sega is also a publisher. Atlus doesn't seem to care, or perhaps is intentionally ignoring the fact, that Sega Corporate gave them the keys to freely access and use all Sega franchises. Sega doesn't seem to understand that Atlus remains a profitable division because they just keep on doing what they always did. Common sense doesn't actually much enter the equation of this parent child relationship anywhere at any point though as neither company seems to have a grasp on how to best utilize one another for a common goal, which has been utterly mind numbing aggravating to watch play out over the years. Sega appears to be done with the Vita outside of Japan, despite their last four releases for the system having sold rather fantastically. But I think everytime the new Sega has a success it mentally scares whoever is in charge. Quite the opposite, everytime Atlus has a failure, or even predicts a game is going to be a failure, they order up a print run of the title lower than what the demand is going to be and call it a day. There are sooooooooo many problems with these two parts of the one whole that it just makes you want to punch someone. I mean really, it's not like they've got a new problem, rather they just continue to go on year after year, after year, after year, pretending there isn't any problem to address. See, a sane person would look at the mess that is present-day Sega and ask, if you were the number one game system maker in the world for a few years, then you fell to second, and then third, and then you dropped out to be a game producer & publisher for the former system competition and were regarded as a top notch publisher for a few years and then fell out of favor when you stopped making and/or licensing games fans were demanding, you have some really terrible problems in the company that need to be addressed. But Sega is blind to all of their own problems.

NISA, parent company Nippon Ichi Software, knows about and has released several limited edition game titles, which they sold exclusively through their own web store. The LRG method of sale is nothing new to them, though they didn't try it out for themselves until after FanGamer and LRG had already proven the concept successful. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't continue to operate in this method for additional Vita releases. NISA Has several added advantages over LRG in that they possess a full blown translation staff, have a licensing partnership with Tecmo Koei for special & limited edition releases, and have a European operation division that handles European release publishing and distribution. If they ever decided to do what LRG does full swing, NISA would be a force to be reckoned with... and our wallets would be eternally empty.

Shakedown Miami is still coming per the Tweets, just no date for pre-orders to begin yet. Likely still putting the finishing touches on the PlayStation platform versions.

Vita Year Six - 2017 - Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales!
This is everything we know about so far with cited sales beginning early this year. The heat is certainly on as publishers and retailers alike vie for our dollars! Ready. Set. Shop!

Games on sale:
$19.99 - Mind Zero
$39.99 - Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate: Eternal Wanderer Edition

Free Shipping in the continental U.S.A. on orders $75+, or for orders $95+ to Alaska, Hawaii, and the Dominion of Canada.

Idea Factory - Iffy's Online Store Holiday Sale

Games on sale:

Shipping charges depend on weight and destination. Free shipping may be offered to customers in the U.S.A., though stipulations for orders with total weight over thirteen ounces are not given. International shipping is available.

GameStop (Online & In Stores)

Sale Duration: Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) 11/23 - Ends on Sunday 11/26
Link: https://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita

ALL USED Games, Systems, and Accessories on sale!
Buy any 2 used items, Get 1 of equal or lesser value Free. This sale offer stacks with the GameStop Power Up Rewards membership discount.

Domestic shipping to the U.S.A. & Puerto Rico starts at $4.99. Internation shipping starts at $14.99 (ouch).

Thanks placed my order:

1x Norn9: Var Commons - PlayStation Vita
1x Period Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ - PlayStation Vita
1x Mind Zero
1x XBlaze Code: Embryo - Playstation Vita
1x XBlaze Lost: Memories (Vita)

I was gonna order one game from iffy's online store as well, but $17 for cheapest shipping option is abysmal

Despite getting a delayed email for my Axiom Verge BB actually delivered it today.  Don't even think I got a shipping email for it....

Anyone get any good deals from the GameStop B2G1 for PUR members?  I picked up many different Vita games, but am still in awe about finding pre-owned copies of UnderTale, Axiom Verge and Summon Night 6 in the wild...  :D/

Anyone get any good deals from the GameStop B2G1 for PUR members? I picked up many different Vita games, but am still in awe about finding pre-owned copies of UnderTale, Axiom Verge and Summon Night 6 in the wild... :D/
I didn't think GS would even take Undertale

Anyone get any good deals from the GameStop B2G1 for PUR members? I picked up many different Vita games, but am still in awe about finding pre-owned copies of UnderTale, Axiom Verge and Summon Night 6 in the wild... :D/
You picked up those at Gamestop already? You telling me someone bought Axiom Verge on Tuesday and decided to trade it in the same day or today? :T

You picked up those at Gamestop already? You telling me someone bought Axiom Verge on Tuesday and decided to trade it in the same day or today? :T
I had that same thought as well. My best guess is that they are all review copies (all had holes in the UPCs) that someone obtained for free, and attempted to make some money trading to GameStop. It actually is a common occurrence to find these in the Bay Area stores... but UnderTale totally threw me for a loop.

Amazon price matched Gamestop so both places have Vita version of YS VIII for $29.99 right now. I'd post links, but forums won't let me.

I had that same thought as well. My best guess is that they are all review copies (all had holes in the UPCs) that someone obtained for free, and attempted to make some money trading to GameStop. It actually is a common occurrence to find these in the Bay Area stores... but UnderTale totally threw me for a loop.
Why is undertale hard to find? Why wouldn't gamestop take it?

Why is undertale hard to find? Why wouldn't gamestop take it?
Because I believe it was only available from Fangamer.

Interested to see the Gamestop sticker for it...considering they don't have a trade in value for it nor is it listed on Gamestop's website.

Found a Gamestop with USED Summon Night VI, Persona 4: DAN, and Hyperdimension Neptunia U all complete. It was beautiful. The employee even gave me the Summon Night VI soundtrack. Worth the extra trip!

Got my order of Axiom Verge. It really is a little nice package. Map/Poster, Artbook, Blu Commentary and a nice box for $29.99? Amazing value. 

Vita Year Six - 2017 - Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales
This is everything we know about current sales going on now, "Cyber Monday". The heat is certainly on as publishers vie for our dollars! Ready. Set. Shop!

Games on sale:
$19.99 - Mind Zero

Idea Factory - (Publisher Web Store)

Games on sale:

NISA (Publisher Web Store)

Sale Duration: "Cyber" Monday 11/27 - Ends on Friday 12/1
Link: https://store.nisamerica.com/games/psvita

Games on sale:
$29.99 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (standard edition)
$39.99 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls: Limited Edition
$29.99 - Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (standard edition)
$79.99 - God Wars: Future Past: Limited Edition
$79.99 - Grand Kingdom: Limited Edition
$44.99 - Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy

Free Shipping in the U.S.A. on orders $75+.

Looks like Play-Asia is also getting in on physical copies of 'Rainbow Moon' and 'Rainbow Skies.' There's Standard Editions and Limited Editions of both currently available for preorder (also for PS4) releasing sometime next year. It'll be interesting to see which has a better limited/collectors edition, Play-Asia or Limited Run Games, if the latter does have a collectors edition.

Arcade Distillery also announced three more games for Vita (no word on physical versions yet). Color me leery, given the rate they're making games and the disappointment in gameplay etc. of 'Plague Road.'

Looks like Play-Asia is also getting in on physical copies of 'Rainbow Moon' and 'Rainbow Skies.' There's Standard Editions and Limited Editions of both currently available for preorder (also for PS4) releasing sometime next year. It'll be interesting to see which has a better limited/collectors edition, Play-Asia or Limited Run Games, if the latter does have a collectors edition.

Arcade Distillery also announced three more games for Vita (no word on physical versions yet). Color me leery, given the rate they're making games and the disappointment in gameplay etc. of 'Plague Road.'
If you think Plague Road is bad I would recommend staying far away from Mecho Tales.

That game is trash! I'm happy I won a copy and didn't pay for it.

I wondered about that game. I only saw a review from Handheld Players/2 Old 2 Gaming, and nothing else. It looked real simple though.

My power cord has it's wires showing, and I don't want to keep bandaging it with electrical tape. What is the cheapest Vita charger replacement that actually works that people have found?

My power cord has it's wires showing, and I don't want to keep bandaging it with electrical tape. What is the cheapest Vita charger replacement that actually works that people have found?
I don't know about a replacement, but try hot glue until you get a new one. It works much better than electrical tape because it bends with the cord.

Amazon has vita 1000 cables for $8, have no idea how good they are.. 

I still have my Insignia power kit one, and the 1000 dock. But since buying a 2000 I really don't use the old cables.

bread's done
Back