PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a lot of people have heard of the game, but I'm sure you all recognize the game's predecessor; Softcore.

It was best known for its radical choice to never let the player see the boss fight at the end of each stage.

a435a560944bebbbfa991c58e8c68647.png

Bad new, folks. No more Bloodstained on Vita. At least we can take solace in there being a Switch version now.
df1dd1cfa88d0e3bd00f7c8ff9af959c.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Damn, you just beat me to it. LOL

Yeah, this is no surprise, as I entered this campaign with a 50/50 view of the situation. I only pledged, because I knew if it got canceled, I could go the NS route and be cool with it. I may just get the refund at this point, and put it towards some other upcoming Vita titles. If the quality of extras here, is in line with most recent offerings from other KS, that may in fact be the way to go. As I'm pretty sure I opted in at a pretty expensive level, so I'll have to think this over for sure.

Bad new, folks. No more Bloodstained on Vita.
I don't know why keeping public promises to people who are literally giving you money for free is so hard for some people.

But hey, I also don't know why people still throw their money away with Kickstarter, so maybe I'm just out of touch.

That bloodstained news is super disappointing. I guess I will change my pledge to a switch version but I'm pretty pissed that they couldn't come up with an alternative solution to please the fans and people who supported the game and kickstarter just because of the vita promise. They made enough money that if all the vita supporters cancel their pledges I bet it wouldn't matter in the long run anyway.

Probably going to just ask for a complete refund.  Don't see the worth in getting anything now especially since it's going to have a normal retail release.  I don't care enough for the KS slipcover for it to be meaningful to stay a backer.  The only other thing I wanted was the artbook, but there's likely going to be a regular artbook for sale eventually so yea..guess I'm out.

Has anyone tried to play #Killallzombies on their PlayStation TV systems? It's part of two digital bundles that are on sale right now, but I can't find confirmation that it won't work on PSTV. Thank you in advance.

At least they're offering Vita backers a different platform or refund. That's definitely a step above the service I normally see on successfully funded failures.

Still a pretty big disappointment, I wonder how much time was wasted working to either port/build the game to run on Vita.

Probably going to just ask for a complete refund. Don't see the worth in getting anything now especially since it's going to have a normal retail release. I don't care enough for the KS slipcover for it to be meaningful to stay a backer. The only other thing I wanted was the artbook, but there's likely going to be a regular artbook for sale eventually so yea..guess I'm out.
After looking back at all I ordered, my main item was the artbook as well, with most of the other stuff just being whatever. So yeah, I'm gonna see about canceling ASAP, so that way I can get in line, in case refund dollars becomes an issue. The sooner I request it, the lower in the line I'll be.

Disappointed with the news regarding Bloodstained. At least there are other platform options. Still would have preferred Vita over all the others though.

Wish MM9 would have offered a refund if they aren’t ever going to port to Vita. Seems like it’s not going to happen. No official cancellation but they have been so sloppy on every level I’m not surprised.

I got burned so badly by that KS I’m completely done with that platform. That ‘art book’ I paid for is tiny. I could have compiled a bigger book just from the art they showed during production. Oh and a printed signature was just a straight up FU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you didn’t buy any extras, I can’t see any reason to not get a refund. This game isn’t going to be $60 like the Kickstarter was. Just get the refund and buy the game for less on switch. The KS exclusive content is barely anything as far as i recall

Shame about Bloodstained RotN. At least Curse of the Moon managed to make it's way out digitally.   I never thought about the PS+ point that with Vita gone that also will kill some of the incentive to even develop on the platform.  Like the micro limited publishers, PS+ was a nice way to cash in.  I have a feeling after PS+ ends for the vita so will a lot of development.   Sad stuff.

Thankfully I didn't back Bloodstained.  Like Mighty Number 9, I just  couldn't see past the "spiritual successor" as anything more than a generic cash grab.  The games really have to prove themselves and if they are great I'll buy them at retail (or digital).  I still don't own MN9.  I plan to get Curse of the Moon... but likely after the retail version comes out to see if it ends up bundled in.

If you didn’t buy any extras, I can’t see any reason to not get a refund. This game isn’t going to be $60 like the Kickstarter was. Just get the refund and buy the game for less on switch. The KS exclusive content is barely anything as far as i recall
That's what my stance is. Get my refund now and just wait until this is on clearance for the PS4 or Switch. I jumped on this hoping to get a physical Vita game, but now I'm disappointed they won't even keep on target with it.

I heard back from the fangamer CS and was told I could only choose between downgrading my initial and keep my add on physical or get a refund on the add on and keep my initial pledge. If you backed a physical add on to another physical reward, you're forced to keep the game on a platform you don't want.

TL;DR - You're fucked if you were generous.

I should mentioned I backed at the $300 tier, so idk if that changes anything. However it clearly isn't an issue for them to downgrade so physical rewards outside the game aren't restricting the pledges.

Shady deal either way. Glad this was the only other kickstarter I backed aside from Muv Luv.

OMG, that GIF made my day, as it's always good to start the day with a good laugh. LOL

I didn't realize Fangamer sent out the refund request email yesterday, but I jumped on it quick this morning. I was eligible for my full refund, and that's what I opted for. The more I thought on this situation, the more  :hot: I got. Even though I always knew the Vita getting canceled was a real possibility, it should have never come to this, based on the type of game this is, and the time it has taken so far.

When this first launched, even looking at a worse case, this should have easily launched by March 2019, and I took delays in to consideration when I pledged. Sadly, this is the end outcome when spread thin across numerous platforms, and no set release date that needs to be met.

This game should have really only been offered for PS4/PC, and once finished, then offer ports to other systems. As ports can go quick, and be outsourced as well. You also now have the added benefit of funds coming from retail, which help to fund said ports. Yacht Club should make a KS guide, as although SN was delayed, it was released only on a few places to start. Which allowed them to make the best game possible, and once it was released to critical acclaim, they could write their own ticket. They've given out tons of quality free content, and have sold tons, across many platforms because of all they have done, correctly.

"Spiritual Successor" is more like a shortened version of "We want to make a sequel, but don't have the rights to the IP anymore."
Yeah, but because they don't have the rights they'll make some generic homage that pales in comparison to the original. A good portion of the fun in a modern version of an established series is seeing those same characters/enemies brought back.

I just don't have any sympathy for this Kickstarter stuff.  The KS started on May 11, 2015.  That's 39 months ago.  He already had some assets for the game in place at that time.  You know, to start the crowdfunding.  How long does it take to develop a game of this magnitude??  We're not talking about 4-5 year AAA development cycles here.   This is a PS1 era game with some modern graphics and he can use modern development tools.  20 years ago large companies used to churn these games out in about a years development time with a full team. 

These KS stories are always the same.  They get people's money and then development goes onto the back burner.  Developers use KS to fund their lifestyles, plain and simple, end of story.  It's used as a revenue stream so that they can do what they want during the coming years. Then it's "oh shoot, sorry guys.  something didn't work out and now it's out of my hands".  Bloodstained should have been completed and shipped a year ago.   Especially when you slaughter your $ goal and can afford to hire help. 

OMG, that GIF made my day, as it's always good to start the day with a good laugh. LOL

I didn't realize Fangamer sent out the refund request email yesterday, but I jumped on it quick this morning. I was eligible for my full refund, and that's what I opted for. The more I thought on this situation, the more :hot: I got. Even though I always knew the Vita getting canceled was a real possibility, it should have never come to this, based on the type of game this is, and the time it has taken so far.

When this first launched, even looking at a worse case, this should have easily launched by March 2019, and I took delays in to consideration when I pledged. Sadly, this is the end outcome when spread thin across numerous platforms, and no set release date that needs to be met.

This game should have really only been offered for PS4/PC, and once finished, then offer ports to other systems. As ports can go quick, and be outsourced as well. You also now have the added benefit of funds coming from retail, which help to fund said ports. Yacht Club should make a KS guide, as although SN was delayed, it was released only on a few places to start. Which allowed them to make the best game possible, and once it was released to critical acclaim, they could write their own ticket. They've given out tons of quality free content, and have sold tons, across many platforms because of all they have done, correctly.
When you clicked the refund link on the email and it prompted you back to log into PayPal, did it redirect you after logging in? It’s not bringing me to any website after I log in on my phone

When you clicked the refund link on the email and it prompted you back to log into PayPal, did it redirect you after logging in? It’s not bringing me to any website after I log in on my phone
Once I logged in, I'm pretty sure it kicked me back to Fangamer, and I inputted whatever there, and then their site said it was recorded and refunds would be issues by the end of October. Then if I try to reuse the link, it says my refund info has already been recorded and who to contact at Fangamer if I have any other request or questions.

EDIT: You also don't get a confirmation or anything, but as I stated, if you try to use the link again, it should say you have already been recorded.

Once I logged in, I'm pretty sure it kicked me back to Fangamer, and I inputted whatever there, and then their site said it was recorded and refunds would be issues by the end of October. Then if I try to reuse the link, it says my refund info has already been recorded and who to contact at Fangamer if I have any other request or questions.

EDIT: You also don't get a confirmation or anything, but as I stated, if you try to use the link again, it should say you have already been recorded.
That’s not a good sign for me then. It’s not kicking me back anywhere to say it’s recorded. Did you redeem your free game download or anything? I wonder if that could be a possible reason. Worst case scenario I just get the switch version

That’s not a good sign for me then. It’s not kicking me back anywhere to say it’s recorded. Did you redeem your free game download or anything? I wonder if that could be a possible reason. Worst case scenario I just get the switch version
Yeah, I printed all those codes, but the original PC demo is maybe the only one that ever got used, and I can't really confirm that 100% or not. I can't see them being able to track those, but who knows? I mean if their petty enough to have a free download be an issue, I would for sure contact them(use the info in the email), as those games/demos should be severance for this long ass wait, and the extra issues that came along with it.

There is a thread on reddit about this, apperently some people where having issues with getting a refund but it looks like they might have fixed the problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/994p3q/psa_for_backers_of_bloodstained/?st=jl5j57bx&sh=84149fdd

The conspiracy theorist in my wonders if they even ever had the plan to release this on Vita at all. Someone once mentioned that the game was being worked on Unreal Engine 4 which is a problem since Vita is not compatible with it.   

So with the Vita being in the final stages of life, would it be wise to invest in another memory card? I’ve got quite the digital backlog, and I wouldn’t mind downloading everything so I have it in case Sony pulls the plug. I currently have a 64gb card. I apologize in advance if this kicks off another digital vs physical argument.

So with the Vita being in the final stages of life, would it be wise to invest in another memory card? I’ve got quite the digital backlog, and I wouldn’t mind downloading everything so I have it in case Sony pulls the plug. I currently have a 64gb card. I apologize in advance if this kicks off another digital vs physical argument.
I am far from the expert on this, but I seem to recall Henkaku will run on the latest firmware (3.68?) and will allow for the use of non-Sony memory like microSD cards. I haven't done this myself yet but I've been keeping tabs on it. Here is a link to where some folks worked through it with some success.... it's not as clean as using a Sony card, but it is an option.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd2vita-is-not-working-on-henkaku-3-68.509805/page-2

Probably good to know anyway, as memory cards will stop being made at some point and it should always be possible to use this option as a backup. It's possible that 3.68 will be the last firmware released.

I'm still only rocking two 8gb cards. I'd like to get one 64, but I still just can't bring myself to spend that much money. They are God-tier rip offs. 

They are, but I would be lying if I said the convenience of a 64 GB card isn't extremely significant.

Even more so when they remove the ability to download Vita games some time in the (hopefully) far distant future.

They are, but I would be lying if I said the convenience of a 64 GB card isn't extremely significant.

Even more so when they remove the ability to download Vita games some time in the (hopefully) far distant future.
Yeah, I agree, as this thing was a must have when first released, and I would have bought a 128gb card if Sony didn't suck so bad(and never offered one). LRG is the second best thing that came along, as even with 64gb, I came up short more often than not, and swapping cards was not an option for me. So with many of their releases, I've been able to free up some much needed digital space.

I am far from the expert on this, but I seem to recall Henkaku will run on the latest firmware (3.68?) and will allow for the use of non-Sony memory like microSD cards. I haven't done this myself yet but I've been keeping tabs on it. Here is a link to where some folks worked through it with some success.... it's not as clean as using a Sony card, but it is an option.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd2vita-is-not-working-on-henkaku-3-68.509805/page-2

Probably good to know anyway, as memory cards will stop being made at some point and it should always be possible to use this option as a backup. It's possible that 3.68 will be the last firmware released.
Thanks for the heads up, as I knew the day would come when you could hack any numbered unit, but it seems to still have some hiccups(at least based on my quick read through). Once the Vita is officially over, I'm sure strides will be made, and it will be an easy task when it's all said and done. I did my first PSP when the "battery" was a thing, and awhile later it became a breeze, with the battery no longer being required.

I'll for sure look in to doing my Vita next year when it's all done, as being able to use larger cards is a must. And as stated, production will stop for those as well, so why risk having a system become extinct, when you can make a few changes and open a whole new world of enjoyment. It's a win/win IMO!

You always pick one up from Japan as it's not being discontinued there. Amazon JP has Vita stuff at a fairly good price too, so I wouldn't get too worked up over getting spare vitas or memory cards.

You guys inspired me to see how many digital Vita games I own or, rather, how much space they require. I don't even have PS Plus, but if I include everything that's crossbuy in my library, I couldn't download everything on all of the memory cards I own (two 32 gb, one 16 gb, and a bunch of 4 gb). And that was just PSTV games as I was browsing the store.

That said, I've had a blast playing Spelunky, Neon Chrome, and Pocket RPG on PSTV tonight. And it's astounding that I was using a PS4 controller on a system the size of a Kit Kat bar. I've got a bunch more to check out that I don't even remember buying.

Regarding preservation of paid content for the VITA/PSTV, I was wondering what was the best method? (besides focusing on physical copies)

I think I'm going to attempt to install (digital and physical games) and update, then backup the data on my PC. I have a 1TB USB external hard drive, to back up files on. (I will maybe need to locate the Sony software on the PC end?) ((I only have 1 working memory card, and it's only 8GB.))

My alternative is hacking* a spare backup PSTV, and plugging the External hard drive directly to it. Which I would like to avoid doing since not every game runs even with whitelisting. And that method would require connection to PSN (and I think even with the space there is still a issue with maximum games installed limit?)

I'm interested in finding out which is the better method. (Either way, I probably will not open my sealed copy of Breach and Clear, as it should have all the updates on it. Especially since I might sell or exchange it at this point.)

I would like to play some of the Vita backlog (mostly MUV-LUV finally) I own even though I haven't purchased any games since my first memory card died. I would like to take my time in doing so. (before the system is offline dead and PSN burried.)

*Not asking for hacking advice or instructions, just anyone's experience on backing up PSN and save game Vita data. So when I do get to around to playing them (or playing again in the furutre) I would have the latest versions and just copy it back over to the system and play.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vita loosing Bloodstained is very sad to me as well. I just don't think I'm going to play it AS MUCH on my Ps4. (Although I did just put 12 hours into 2 runs of CHASM on PS4) As for delays for the game, I'm a patent man, if it means quality will increase I'll play something else in the mean time. Plus this Autumn/Winter game season has (3DS) Etrian Oddysey Nexus, (PS4) KH3, EDF 5**, VC4 and DQXI all have my attention currently for games releasing before Bloodstained. Also my backlog has a projectile weapon to my inner gamer's head.

**No release date, but promised before the end of the year.

This is why I've been backing up all my Vita games on my computer. It's slow as fuck, but it's better than trying to do it all at once when they announce they're taking the Vita store down.

@Giant_Gamer
Vita transfer to PC (and vice versa) is pretty easy, it's just ridiculously slow. You do need a piece of simple software from Sony, if I recall correctly, but the instructions are fairly concise and straightforward once you've got that. I'm also working with just a single 8GB card because I'm too cheap for a larger one, and I'm pretty sure even the largest size wouldn't really last me forever anyway.

This is why I've been backing up all my Vita games on my computer. It's slow as fuck, but it's better than trying to do it all at once when they announce they're taking the Vita store down.

@Giant_Gamer
Vita transfer to PC (and vice versa) is pretty easy, it's just ridiculously slow. You do need a piece of simple software from Sony, if I recall correctly, but the instructions are fairly concise and straightforward once you've got that. I'm also working with just a single 8GB card because I'm too cheap for a larger one, and I'm pretty sure even the largest size wouldn't really last me forever anyway.
Originally, that PC program never worked for me, and I haven't tried it again over the years, but I guess I should at this point for the reasons being mentioned. Backing it up on my PS3 did work at the time, but the PS3 is slow in general, so backing up there, well lets just say, the PC can't be any slower than that. LOL

Over these last 6-8 months, I'll for sure be looking in to other methods for uses and or storage. As Sony seems unlikely to care about any long term access to the Vita library, as I was already very much burned with the PS mobile titles and that service(or lack there of). So now is the time to hedge my bets, and look in to better alternatives, as the end is now in sight. But we did have a most excellent run(no thanks to Sony).

bread's done
Back