PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Hack your system, then get an SD2Vita adapter and an SD card from a reliable company. I've got 128GB of storage in my Vita, without having to deal with Sony's proprietary nonsense.
Dumb question, but how complex is this to hack? I'm not a techno whiz by any means and I might just pick up a second Vita for hacking purposes if it's something that's fairly easy to do.

Dumb question, but how complex is this to hack? I'm not a techno whiz by any means and I might just pick up a second Vita for hacking purposes if it's something that's fairly easy to do.
It's not a dumb question, but one that is not readily open to much discussion here in these forums, as it's been discussed here recently, just not to a great degree. That being said, if you done stuff like this in the past, you should be OK, but if not, watch some videos on YT and see if it's something you can or can't do. It wasn't hard technically, but because of some slight differences between how things work across models, I had a few issues that seemed bigger than they where.

At this point if you haven't done some prep work before hand, you may not even be able to hack your Vita at all. As you need certain exploitable PSP titles, and even though they are still on PSN for free I believe, a new FW has happened, and if you don't have one of those titles already, you may not be able to get one without updating to access PSN(which would kill your chances of using the latest way of doing this). There are workarounds for this as well I believe, it just depends on your current status. But most, if not all questions can be answered through Google, or a PM to some of us here who have done it.

Honestly, the hardest part of modding a 1001 for me was that one of the screws inside was stripped, so it took a lot longer to install SD2VITA than I thought it would. Installing the software was almost no effort, though. PSTVs are really easy to mod as well.

pstv was a massive pain because you can't connect it to a pc through usb. you have to use the wireless content manager and pray it connects and stays connected through out the process.

pstv was a massive pain because you can't connect it to a pc through usb. you have to use the wireless content manager and pray it connects and stays connected through out the process.
Yeah I saw many tutorials for the wireless way on the Vita, and I passed that by rather quickly, as it was another area I didn't want to have to deal with if I didn't need to(and I didn't). LOL

Has anyone here heard anything new about the Vita games that Nicalis was supposed to be releasing physically? I think it was 1001 Spikes and VVVVV and haven't heard anything in a while.

Wasn't it also binding of isaac? I think the games are probably cancelled
That was the other one. I'd just like to know if they are or not. Frankly at this point I can understand if they have, unfortunately.
The games all exist and were printed. Some leaked onto eBay and Nicalis made a public statement about it. Their newsletter has teased the Vita games (said games were coming for "other Vital consoles"), but they haven't announced when they'd release or any pricepoint.

I’d imagine Nicalis and the other vita pubs are going to hold out on some titles to claim the “last NA vita release ever” achievement. I’d imagine they’ll wait till sometime next year after LRG does their bonus game for vita complete (and near-complete) sets before putting the games up for sale.

I have a local gamestop with a copy of farming simulator 18, which isn't on their website, and I checked behind the rear sticker and it was hole punched.

Also worth noting that all copies currently in the wild are "promo" copies with hole-punched UPCs. I don't know how particular people are about that, but especially considering the prices these are going for I'd rather just wait for the Nicalis sale.
No chance I would pay $125 for an opened game before the game even goes up for sale. Surely Nicalis has all the copies in hand and is simply waiting for the right time. Weird that someone would not just wait and get a new copy for a fraction of $125.

I have collected well over 150 physical Vita games not counting digital games and right now I am at this point where anything else that comes out just doesn't grab my attention. I just want to enjoy my Vita games now. 

033f8b3846077f92e29010b35bace4f2.jpg
d6276433505926939723f021d7e314fc.jpg

Available for preorder September 19th at Play Asia.

It's been so long!

On topic: I'm personally passing on these. 'Habroxia' seems like a game made in Gamemaker, and, to spin an older record, I feel like there might be better uses for these remaining carts.

It's been so long!

On topic: I'm personally passing on these. 'Habroxia' seems like a game made in Gamemaker, and, to spin an older record, I feel like there might be better uses for these remaining carts.
yea! i can't believe LRG passed on putting Garou on a vita cart for the rest of its recent vita garbage. :(

Did they straight-up pass, or did they not make the deadline for cart production? Because if they straight-up passed, yeah that's not a great choice.

I can't remember where exactly i saw their reply on this, tweet,twitch,ect?, but i got the impression that they made the decisions as soon as they got the news carts were ending. So it was by choice on their part.

They actually had several snk games signed up to be made for vita besides kof, Garou and metal slug.

Not correct. Apparently Asia/Japan and Europe now have limited Vita cart pools as well.
According to East Asia Soft from Discord said they haven’t been told there’s a limited amount of carts. They’ll keep the Vita games coming out until otherwise.

According to East Asia Soft from Discord said they haven’t been told there’s a limited amount of carts. They’ll keep the Vita games coming out until otherwise.
I tend to go with Josh on this one - "Everyone is working out of the same finite pool of Vita games. Asia has more carts available than any other region, so no, things haven't officially ended for them, but they will as that supply dwindles. New blank carts are not being manufactured."

I tend to go with Josh on this one - "Everyone is working out of the same finite pool of Vita games. Asia has more carts available than any other region, so no, things haven't officially ended for them, but they will as that supply dwindles. New blank carts are not being manufactured."
Yeah but he says the asia market has a lot more carts available. If the asia publisher says they have no limit issues, then the pool of what is available to them is big enough Sony isn't making an issue of it yet. It probably helps that the asia side of things isn't pumping out every random game that they get sucking the supply down to nothing.

Received Teslagrad from LRG today.  Sounds like everything is just flopping around inside the box, like really loud - hope nothing is damaged.

Yeah but he says the asia market has a lot more carts available. If the asia publisher says they have no limit issues, then the pool of what is available to them is big enough Sony isn't making an issue of it yet. It probably helps that the asia side of things isn't pumping out every random game that they get sucking the supply down to nothing.
Except that's not what was said. Here is what I was responding to - "East Asia Soft from Discord said they haven’t been told there’s a limited amount of carts". There is clearly a limited amount of carts, it may just be that they haven't gotten to the final allocation yet as NA has.

Received Teslagrad from LRG today. Sounds like everything is just flopping around inside the box, like really loud - hope nothing is damaged.
I was just gonna say the same thing. I don't plan on opening mine any time soon, but I want to know what's going on in there.

I was just gonna say the same thing. I don't plan on opening mine any time soon, but I want to know what's going on in there.
So I received my copy yesterday and heard the same from the box so I opened it.

It is basically a box tray with the materials in it with no extra packaging.

So the art book, tin case, game, button and key chain are just loose in the package.

The instruction booklet it a joke and shouldn't have even been mentioned as a inclusion.

It is just a folded piece of card stock with some art on the front and a vita on the inside with the button call outs.

The tin is neat and holds the game case and the art book is really well done.

Overall it was packed well and the outer box and items inside had no damage.

Play-Asia's versions of War Theater and Mecho Wars are starting to arrive stateside. Still no ETA from Luc on the Indiegogo funded ones.

Play-Asia's versions of War Theater and Mecho Wars are starting to arrive stateside. Still no ETA from Luc on the Indiegogo funded ones.
The last update on IndieGogo from July says backers are getting it in December. It's difficult to print paper slipcovers, apparently.

The last update on IndieGogo from July says backers are getting it in December. It's difficult to print paper slipcovers, apparently.
Somehow I missed that, thanks. I don't have a ton of faith in Luc's deadlines, but it's good to know he's not trying to sweep it under the rug.

Actually Luc has been out of the country receiving medical treatment and tweeted just last week that he's due back this week and will begin shipping hopefully as early as next week, unless you want him to autograph your copy/copies of the game(s).

bread's done
Back