PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/playasia/status/1318205371597705219?s=20
I will probably buy Halloween Forever and Death Tales. I have no interest in the other game.

Halloween forever is a good game and Death Tales is only getting a physical release on vita so even though I'm not a huge fan of these games I will buy it to have in the collection. Hopefully the trophy list on the game works since it is not getting a digital release.

I will probably buy Halloween Forever and Death Tales. I have no interest in the other game.

Halloween forever is a good game and Death Tales is only getting a physical release on vita so even though I'm not a huge fan of these games I will buy it to have in the collection. Hopefully the trophy list on the game works since it is not getting a digital release.
EastAsiaSoft is just pushing some devs to do physical release only. To ensure demand. There should be at least one more VN from Ratalaika to do this. (Probably "The Language of Love")

$103 after mypsvita code is not bad, almost what it was before we had to pay for shipping. Anyone else worried that Luc will never finish the game and we are going to have to wait for an official cancellation before the other two ship? Hope to have these by Halloween 2021...

$103 after mypsvita code is not bad, almost what it was before we had to pay for shipping. Anyone else worried that Luc will never finish the game and we are going to have to wait for an official cancellation before the other two ship? Hope to have these by Halloween 2021...
I believe this game is already basically finished.

My concern with him is the Skull Pirates games I kickstarted four years ago that still hasn't released and was promised to be delivered in 2018. He has released multiple games since then and time is running out on this one. After my last few kickstarter experiences I will never kickstart a video game ever again. No one ever keeps their promises or delivers anything in a reasonable time frame.

I believe this game is already basically finished.

My concern with him is the Skull Pirates games I kickstarted four years ago that still hasn't released and was promised to be delivered in 2018. He has released multiple games since then and time is running out on this one. After my last few kickstarter experiences I will never kickstart a video game ever again. No one ever keeps their promises or delivers anything in a reasonable time frame.
Yeah, no more Kickstarters for me either. There was some FOMO in the beginning, but now we've seen you're usually better off waiting for a retail release, if a game even makes it that far.

According to Luc, they rushed Plague Road to meet Kickstarter deadlines, which is why the game seems like such an empty shell. He doesn't want to do that again. But as you've mentioned he's released many other games in the meantime.

Also, Plague Road was the only game of his that I've played so far and it was so boring I'm not really motivated to try the others.

Kickstarters for digital games can go sour quickly. I know Delver's Dungeon likely had my money go poof and that game will never release. Also Cryamore which I remember now and then as a warning to not do Kickstarters for them. I will help random VN Kickstarters now and then but I still have one or 2 of those that have been hanging for years now, so yeah not a great idea.

I'm picking up both Vita and Ps4 copies of Habroxia 2, but it's a bummer to see they are now charging shipping for a $70 order. The mypsvita code does work though, and I had $6.40 in coins, so at least I'm able to offset the $9.90 shipping fee. 

Wow!

*Googles 'UnMetal'*

Huh.

EDIT: I just tried the demo on Steam. 'UnMetal' is pretty cool. I think this physical release is a winner.

One of the irritating things about the previous Vita blacklist app/patch I had for my hacked PSTV is that game updates wouldn't install automatically, requiring me to manually move the patch files.  I just found out that there's a plugin called DolcePolce and it works much better.  Allows any game to run on the PSTV and DLC/patches install as they should.

Wow!

*Googles 'UnMetal'*

Huh.

EDIT: I just tried the demo on Steam. 'UnMetal' is pretty cool. I think this physical release is a winner.
Yeah I'm glad you posted this cus I had no idea about this. Looked it up and immediately want this. Anyone know how much this will cost or what the cheapest PlayAsia sells these for these days?

Yeah I'm glad you posted this cus I had no idea about this. Looked it up and immediately want this. Anyone know how much this will cost or what the cheapest PlayAsia sells these for these days?
Most of their titles are $35 + shipping (~$10). Some of the VNs have been more expensive, but I can't remember a game that's been cheaper in quite some time.

Most of their titles are $35 + shipping (~$10). Some of the VNs have been more expensive, but I can't remember a game that's been cheaper in quite some time.
Oh wow. It's been a while since I've ordered there but for some reason I thought I remember shipping always being free. Maybe I had coupon codes? $35 isn't bad for the game but not a huge fan of the shipping. Guess I don't have much choice if I want the game though. Maybe I'll be able to find a working coupon 🤷‍♂️

Oh wow. It's been a while since I've ordered there but for some reason I thought I remember shipping always being free. Maybe I had coupon codes? $35 isn't bad for the game but not a huge fan of the shipping. Guess I don't have much choice if I want the game though. Maybe I'll be able to find a working coupon ‍♂
Shipping used to be free on all of their Play exclusives but they axed it a while ago (I wanna say early this year?)

There are a few affiliate codes that give 5% off - CENSORED is the one I've been using. Nothing for free shipping as far as I'm aware, but they did introduce a rewards program this year that starts out at 1% rewards back. Probably not helpful if you don't shop there often, but if you're keeping up with exclusives or other niche Japanese stuff it'll occasionally counteract the painful shipping.

Yeah, like any rewards program, you have to shop there A LOT. I don't buy from Play Asia often (once this year, and then like 3-4 years ago before that), so I try to get what else might interest me if it's on sale, like a Dreamcast game or something.

I understand charging shipping for international orders. It's not cheap, and they were probably not making up the cost in volume. But 'UnMetal' looks worth it. I definitely laughed at some of the dialog during the demo, and the gameplay is straight from classic 'Metal Gear,' which is good.

lol I also like how the "shrug" emoji that Miker used turned into the male symbol when Tothoro quoted him. Random.

So I was looking again but I can't seem to find anything. Is there a specific time games go live at Play Asia? Just seems like tomorrow it goes on sale but not sure if it's a specific time. I pretty much gave up on buying Vita games after LRG started pumping them out at a quality dropping quantity boasting rate and so this will be the first in a long while... But its close ties to MGS and entertaining gameplay is right up my alley and I'd definitely love to add it to my collection (read as backlog)

So I was looking again but I can't seem to find anything. Is there a specific time games go live at Play Asia? Just seems like tomorrow it goes on sale but not sure if it's a specific time. I pretty much gave up on buying Vita games after LRG started pumping them out at a quality dropping quantity boasting rate and so this will be the first in a long while... But its close ties to MGS and entertaining gameplay is right up my alley and I'd definitely love to add it to my collection (read as backlog)
the game goes on sale on 12/17 at 11am EST

UnMetal [Limited Edition] PLAY EXCLUSIVES (play-asia.com)

I was just coming to post that 'UnMetal' preorders are live. I got my order in (and also bought 'Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition' for Vita).

UnMetal looks interesting but I've had bad luck with games inspired by classic games, playing a bad Contra ripoff or 3 haha. May pick it up in the future if it's cheap enough digitally and I still care about playing it, which likely neither are going to happen haha.

UnMetal looks interesting but I've had bad luck with games inspired by classic games, playing a bad Contra ripoff or 3 haha. May pick it up in the future if it's cheap enough digitally and I still care about playing it, which likely neither are going to happen haha.
That makes sense, and there are a lot of games out there right not riffing on older games. I thought the same until I played the demo. Yes, it plays like the original 'Metal Gear,' but it's a parody. So, in theory, you're playing 'UnMetal' as much for it's making fun of games like 'Metal Gear' as your are because it plays like 'Metal Gear.' Plus, and I didn't play it, but it's made by the same dev as 'UnEpic' and that game is well received. I'd say give the Steam demo a try.

I was considering 'Sense' because it looked visually good, but apparently the game is pretty bad. It's boring, short, lots of loading because of backtracking and bugs.

One genre of game I don't like is a visual novel so these are super easy to skip. I hope anyone that wants them can get them. 800 copies for vita is really small run. I'm sure this one will sell out quickly.

Developer's for Sense say Vita experience not amazing and corners had to be cut for it to be manufactured physically. Probably both these releases should be easy passes.

Admittedly, we are not as happy with the Vita port as we’d like to be. For clarity, the game does run without crashes, and of course has passed Sony’s TRC. We are aware though that the Vita version is not as definitive of an experience as we’d like it to be. In order to get the game to run on Vita, we had to do significant downscaling of textures, and the FPS and load times are not as stable as we’d like them to be. Unfortunately, given the prior looming deadline for physicals, we had to do our best to make cuts in order to make sure the game could adhere to deadlines.

Link

Developer's for Sense say Vita experience not amazing and corners had to be cut for it to be manufactured physically. Probably both these releases should be easy passes.

Admittedly, we are not as happy with the Vita port as we’d like to be. For clarity, the game does run without crashes, and of course has passed Sony’s TRC. We are aware though that the Vita version is not as definitive of an experience as we’d like it to be. In order to get the game to run on Vita, we had to do significant downscaling of textures, and the FPS and load times are not as stable as we’d like them to be. Unfortunately, given the prior looming deadline for physicals, we had to do our best to make cuts in order to make sure the game could adhere to deadlines.

Link
The best new I get out of this is that the end of Vita physicals is near.

While I'm glad some games received the physical treatment recently like Chasm, Habroxia 2, Halloween Forever, Xeno Crisis and Unmetal, there have been a number of bad releases in the Play Asia catalog as of late. I will be happy when it is finally over and done with.

This game scheduled for this week is just one example of games rushed to get a physical.

Skull Pirates is getting the same rush treatment and I'm sure the game will suffer greatly on vita.

The best new I get out of this is that the end of Vita physicals is near.

While I'm glad some games received the physical treatment recently like Chasm, Habroxia 2, Halloween Forever, Xeno Crisis and Unmetal, there have been a number of bad releases in the Play Asia catalog as of late. I will be happy when it is finally over and done with.

This game scheduled for this week is just one example of games rushed to get a physical.

Skull Pirates is getting the same rush treatment and I'm sure the game will suffer greatly on vita.
The Vita got me into physical collecting and it's also getting me out of it. When I started, it was a manageable catalog with mostly decent games and the obligatory Lego/sports ports. Now it's a swampy nightmare full of overinflated shovelware.

I can hardly fault them since everything seems to be selling, but I'm honestly relieved that the end is near.

Vita for me when I started collecting was like the Dreamcast... sure a few sports and kids games but even most of them were pretty solid.  It was a quality library of something just over 200 games with most being cheaper than they retailed for.  Then LRG came around which seemed like a blessing but then turned into a curse.  Made collecting not worth the effort as the quality just wasn't there IMO from the first few games.  SO for me the vita collecting ended a long while back.  It kind of helped though that outside of a few mom&pop shops the vita games ended up not being truly retail releases.  Not sure about all, but the ones I checked used barcodes registered to some farm supply company or something.  So not legit retail barcodes.  So I could just chalk all of them up as not-retail releases and move on.  Though... really at that point I was burned out on ever collecting again.  Not that was likely ever going to be another modern system with a physical library as small as the Dreamcast or what the Vita was before LRG.

I actually think LRG's Vita library gets more flak than it deserves*. Most of their games fall in the solid-to-great range, and the regular retail Vita library has plenty of clunkers. I'd say the ratio of good games to bad games is probably about the same between the two groups.

*LRG deserves the flak they get for lots of other things, I'm strictly talking about the quality of their Vita games here.

I actually think LRG's Vita library gets more flak than it deserves*. Most of their games fall in the solid-to-great range, and the regular retail Vita library has plenty of clunkers. I'd say the ratio of good games to bad games is probably about the same between the two groups.

*LRG deserves the flak they get for lots of other things, I'm strictly talking about the quality of their Vita games here.
I kind of agree. I think eastasiasoft has had more stinkers for Vita than LRG had. My complaint is that I get physical releases for two reasons: 1) I want to keep a game with less risk of losing it over a digital license or memory device failure, and 2) I want to save space on my memory devices. So many of these physical releases, even early on for LRG, have a pittance of a file size so the latter doesn't make much sense to me.

I've gotten inadvertently close to getting a full US DC collection, but even I can't bring myself to get games like ECW wrestling and the random Konami ESPN sports games (the Disney games are surprisingly good). It's easier for Dreamcast since indie releases never had ESRB ratings like most of LRG's Vita releases though. So I just get which ones I want to own/play and don't bothering getting the rest (I'm looking at you JoshProd). That's how any system I own.

But, because I like to flaunt it any chance I get, I do have a complete US NGPC collection with extras like UK 'Evolution' and 'Cotton,' etc. SO NOBODY START RELEASING MORE NGPC GAMES PHYSICALLY.

Actually, I take that back.

I kind of agree. I think eastasiasoft has had more stinkers for Vita than LRG had. My complaint is that I get physical releases for two reasons: 1) I want to keep a game with less risk of losing it over a digital license or memory device failure, and 2) I want to save space on my memory devices. So many of these physical releases, even early on for LRG, have a pittance of a file size so the latter doesn't make much sense to me.

I've gotten inadvertently close to getting a full US DC collection, but even I can't bring myself to get games like ECW wrestling and the random Konami ESPN sports games (the Disney games are surprisingly good). It's easier for Dreamcast since indie releases never had ESRB ratings like most of LRG's Vita releases though. So I just get which ones I want to own/play and don't bothering getting the rest (I'm looking at you JoshProd). That's how any system I own.

But, because I like to flaunt it any chance I get, I do have a complete US NGPC collection with extras like UK 'Evolution' and 'Cotton,' etc. SO NOBODY START RELEASING MORE NGPC GAMES PHYSICALLY.

I had those two NGPC games too.. Sold both for about $800 each a year or two ago. Really helpful for some home stuff I needed to solve, but I do wonder if I'll be kicking myself in the future haha. They were neat collectibles.

Lol my US NGPC collection is at 25/32, and it's really the last platform I'm actively collecting for. That thing is great.

I had those two NGPC games too.. Sold both for about $800 each a year or two ago. Really helpful for some home stuff I needed to solve, but I do wonder if I'll be kicking myself in the future haha. They were neat collectibles.
Nice. That's often a thought of mine too, because I think they'll only be harder to get IE more expensive. But sometimes, there's no choice.

Lol my US NGPC collection is at 25/32, and it's really the last platform I'm actively collecting for. That thing is great.
So close! I did my NGPC collection in the mid-00s, so I got the vast majority of the games complete for very little (I paid $70 for 'Evolution' and I think that's the most I paid for any NGPC game. I still play my NGPC, and am hoping a better backlit screen mod is figured out. The current one doesn't match the original's screen size, and the front lit mod I have (which is rather old now) isn't very bright.

So close! I did my NGPC collection in the mid-00s, so I got the vast majority of the games complete for very little (I paid $70 for 'Evolution' and I think that's the most I paid for any NGPC game. I still play my NGPC, and am hoping a better backlit screen mod is figured out. The current one doesn't match the original's screen size, and the front lit mod I have (which is rather old now) isn't very bright.
BennVenn is working on a full size screen, but I haven't heard any updates about it since before the holidays. Definitely grabbing one once they're ready.

bread's done
Back