PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

The hell, when I bought my new copy back in 06 from Best Buy, I never got a soundtrack.

T-T-Thanks Atlus!

Edit:

Preorders got a 6 track soundtrack
Oh I had no clue about that. Well that sucks, oh well. Only like 2 songs from the game are really good anyway. Thanks for the info though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless I'm wrong, the soundtrack was a preorder bonus

Edit: oh geez, beat by a few minutes. This is what happens when i leave the tab open.

my gamestops have ps2 games i have haunting ground mint complete and never play it it was free from a site not many know aboutno this isnt spam its true

Don't worry, 786110, no one believed me outside of arsenalcrazy8 when I suggested the Persona 3 FES copies were probably going to be brand new. 

:p

On that note, I checked on Friday to see if Rule of Rose was anywhere in the area.  Nowhere listed for 100 miles. 

I'm probably going to get yelled at for this, but what so special about rule of rose? I never heard of it til this thread. (I'm genuinely curious)

Wow when did rule of rose resale value spike up? I sold my copy of rule of rose & haunting ground on eBay for $60 shipped a year ago.

I'm probably going to get yelled at for this, but what so special about rule of rose? I never heard of it til this thread. (I'm genuinely curious)
I remember reading a preview of it before it came out, and it sounded very interesting and unique. I don't think many copies were made of it, which makes it very hard to find.

Wow when did rule of rose resale value spike up? I sold my copy of rule of rose & haunting ground on eBay for $60 shipped a year ago.

I am quite mad about that. I would have loved to buy that. If you were wondering, a complete Rule of Rose by itself sells for over $80. Haunting Ground is probably another $40.

It's REALLY simple to resurface a game and make it look/play brand new
(just take it to a Play N Trade)
Are you sure it will fix it? I have a bunch of rare disc games (mega man legends ps1, jurrasic operation genesis xbox, skies of arcadia dc and so on) with deep scratches and I had a few them resurfaced @ Game Play and it only removed all the light scratches, but not all the deep scratches.

Are you sure it will fix it? I have a bunch of rare disc games (mega man legends ps1, jurrasic operation genesis xbox, skies of arcadia dc and so on) with deep scratches and I had a few them resurfaced @ Game Play and it only removed all the light scratches, but not all the deep scratches.
I think for the rare games you're better off using a professional disc repair company like Azuradisc - http://azuradisc.com/azuradisc/mail-in-disc-repair.html - that will remove all the scratches. I've used them quite a bit and they're great. Definitely worth it if you have a bunch of discs in need of repair. And the more you send the cheaper per disc it is.

It's a unique Atlus Survival-horror game. It was released at the end of tne PS2 life and has a very very small print run. Prices have soared as it's gained cult status among hardcore gamers and collectors.

I was able to land my near mint copy in a trade for about $30-35 in games about a year ago. It was a great deal but not nearly as good as the find in this thread. It's routinely going for over $100 complete.

I'd love to get the soundtrack to pair with my copy. Great find 786110! Shoot me a PM if your interested in selling the soundtrack for a decent price (not sure what they go for)???

It's a unique Atlus Survival-horror game. It was released at the end of tne PS2 life and has a very very small print run. Prices have soared as it's gained cult status among hardcore gamers and collectors.

I was able to land my near mint copy in a trade for about $30-35 in games about a year ago. It was a great deal but not nearly as good as the find in this thread. It's routinely going for over $100 complete.

I'd love to get the soundtrack to pair with my copy. Great find 786110! Shoot me a PM if your interested in selling the soundtrack for a decent price (not sure what they go for)???
A 50 dollar game selling for 100 dollars after 8 years is price soaring?

Not directly trying to be a dick but a lot of people seemed impressed by a game doubling its value in almost a decade. If it takes almost 10 years for something to be worth a 100 dollars when it was original 50 that's not very impressive at all, that's the worst kind of interest rate.

Do you guys know if some game stops are still carrying PS2 games?  Just picked up a backwards compatible PS3 and want to see what I might be able to get?

Not directly trying to be a dick but a lot of people seemed impressed by a game doubling its value in almost a decade. If it takes almost 10 years for something to be worth a 100 dollars when it was original 50 that's not very impressive at all, that's the worst kind of interest rate.
Maybe not soaring, but if you consider that the value of most mass-media entertainment declines over time, and this video game doubled its value instead, then it's certainly an anomaly, literally 1% of entertainment that becomes more valuable as it gets older.

I sold just the manual and cover art of Rule of Rose for $35 bucks + a copy of Trapt a couple months ago.  And I could likely sell just the game for 75+.  I paid 17 originally for my copy from gs a couple years back, would have liked to have paid 5 instead haha

Do you have a time machine back to the early 80s with high interest rates?

you do realize, that it is approximately 9% compounded right? That is a great interest rate, considering the market.

My bank will give me approximately 1.5% (CD) IF I lock in for 60+ months...

A pic of the game is worthless.... Show us the receipt lol
Yeah, I don't really get the point of posting a pic of the game without the receipt since that's what actually proves you got it on clearance. Otherwise, I could just post a pic of some game I already own and say I got it for a good price.

It's all about the context of my comments. This is a game forum, where we are discussing Video Games and NOT interest rates and the stock market. The majority of PS2 titles will actually be worth less money then they were when they were released. Rule of Rose has arguably increased in value more than any other PS2 title.

Your are also assuming that everyone paid $50 for the title and not factoring in that it sold for less used. In April 2013 it was selling on average for $69 and now the average is $115 according to Price Charting. In approximately a year's time it's increased significantly. So yea, I stand by my comment that prices have soared as it's gained cult status among hardcore gamers and collectors.

In regards to PS2 games, it's quite impressive that a PS2 game is going for over $100 complete routinely. Again, it's all about context. Your post just makes you seem bitter, IMO.

You compared $50 new with $100 used. The rest of your point is even less intelligent.

This is CAG, remember some people think they are hustlers on here. Or the people that watch a few episodes of Pawn Stars or American Pickers then think they are badass entrepreneurs once they start digging into their basements.

Here's the receipt

LE4VF7o.jpg

and the back of the game

KLFu6qb.jpg

the employee told me that the game was in the backroom unaccounted for until they decided to clean it up and found it.

Here's the receipt

and the back of the game

the employee told me that the game was in the backroom unaccounted for until they decided to clean it up and found it.
How did you happen to know that gamestop had it??? Did you use the stock checker on the website

I was told they put it out the day I purchased it.

It wasn't on the stock checker last time I checked for that it either, which was around the time the 75% started.

I was told they put it out the day I purchased it.

It wasn't on the stock checker last time I checked for that it either, which was around the time the 75% started.
Given that it had the pre-order soundtrack it seems like it was probably sitting there for a long time.

lol cmon guys give him a break, its an amazing find, and he got lucky because he happened to go to that store the day they found it and put it out. 'twas fate.

It appears that corporate may be shipping back games to certain stores that got rid of their PS2 sections in the last few months.  A smaller store that wasn't a "PS2 hub" store received an assortment of 1,200 games to be put back out on sale.  No real amazing finds, but some decent titles.

Here's the receipt

LE4VF7o.jpg

and the back of the game

KLFu6qb.jpg

Watch out. Someone here might try to prick your blood so they can clone you.

Here's the receipt

and the back of the game

You win, that is a fucking amazing find, given that you got the OST with it too.

I thought I was lucky when I found a gutted .hack GU Rebirth on the shelf at GS for $40 (not a great price but the game was already hard to find), and when I took it to the counter, the guy pulled out the CE box.

Holy hell, I honestly thought you were just trolling but damn man, that's awesome.

The locator showed me a copy of Gallop Racer appeared close by so I decided to go on a trip. This particular GS was pretty big and they had a stand with boxes full of PS2 games. Looked through it, found GR2006 and the decided to see what else was hidden in there. 

DSC00386.jpg

Backyard Wrestling 2 w/ bonus disc

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Galactic Wrestling

Gallop Racer 2006

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

Hot Shots Golf Fore

Jak 3

Legaia 2

Onimusha Blade Warriors (was actually pretty excited to find this)

Primal

Sakura Wars (Jap VO disc only)

Sega Classics Collection

SOCOM 3

Taito Legends 2

Tetris Worlds

Under the Skin

Urban Chaos

Winback

XIII

You win, that is a fucking amazing find, given that you got the OST with it too.

I thought I was lucky when I found a gutted .hack GU Rebirth on the shelf at GS for $40 (not a great price but the game was already hard to find), and when I took it to the counter, the guy pulled out the CE box.

Holy hell, I honestly thought you were just trolling but damn man, that's awesome.
Once had a copy of .hack quarantine transferred to my local store, and when it showed up it was CIB with the soundtrack and everything...
That game series is INSANELY good... if they did a HD remake collection of the ENTIRE series, 1-7, that would force me to buy whatever system they make it for, even though I already own them...
Then I once had like 5 copies of Xenoblade Chronicles (when it was rare) show up all at once when I was just looking for one XD... (I got yelled at in my trade thread since people couldn't locate ONE. I had to buy em all otherwise the employees at the store wouldn't let me do it anymore.)

The locator showed me a copy of Gallop Racer appeared close by so I decided to go on a trip. This particular GS was pretty big and they had a stand with boxes full of PS2 games. Looked through it, found GR2006 and the decided to see what else was hidden in there.

DSC00386.jpg

Backyard Wrestling 2 w/ bonus disc

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Galactic Wrestling

Gallop Racer 2006

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

Hot Shots Golf Fore

Jak 3

Legaia 2

Onimusha Blade Warriors (was actually pretty excited to find this)

Primal

Sakura Wars (Jap VO disc only)

Sega Classics Collection

SOCOM 3

Taito Legends 2

Tetris Worlds

Under the Skin

Urban Chaos

Winback

XIII
You got some great games there. Legaia 2 is an underrated RPG that was inspired by fighting games. Like when you fight an enemy, you can input high, low, high and that's a combo. Urban Chaos is a great FPS with cheesy FMV goodness - you're like Robocop cleaning the punks off the streets.

I'm assuming this is a permanent sale like the Gamecube clearance a year or so ago?  Just wondering since I was thinking about picking up a few games that still show up in stock at some stores around me.

Yeah.   I nabbed 9 Eye Toys and 10 Network Adaptors for under $6 total, last weekend.   They didn't have any Adaptors on the floor, but I noticed the website had them in stock... so I asked for one when I got there.  The guy told me they were 75% off, in the back room, and no one had asked about them in four years.  So I ended up taking them all.    Each Eye Toy was 11¢ after the PowerUp discount. 

This is probably a really silly question, but what are some good games for the PS2 I should be on the look out for?
I got my ps2 solely for kingdom hearts, & some anime games I wanted. So it's pretty much been neglected all these years & I'd like to change that.

[quote name="DetectiveConanA113" post="11870026" timestamp="1403672242"]This is probably a really silly question, but what are some good games for the PS2 I should be on the look out for?
I got my ps2 solely for kingdom hearts, & some anime games I wanted. So it's pretty much been neglected all these years & I'd like to change that.[/quote]wow, a bunch. What genres are you looking for?

wow, a bunch. What genres are you looking for?
I'm a big fan of RPGs, so any gems in that area I'd probably love. Horror survival along the lines of RE & Silent Hill I'd most likely be interested in too.
Willing to try any other gems that are worth mentioning as well. Really anything but racing & fighting games (save for gems in these genres that are either crossover fighting games or racing games with actual storylines).

If the list is too long for the thread feel free to PM me. I'm totally in the dark about the ps2 & have been for years lol. ^^;

[quote name="DetectiveConanA113" post="11870149" timestamp="1403677355"]I'm a big fan of RPGs, so any gems in that area I'd probably love. Horror survival along the lines of RE & Silent Hill I'd most likely be interested in too.
Willing to try any other gems that are worth mentioning as well. Really anything but racing & fighting games (save for gems in these genres that are either crossover fighting games or racing games with actual storylines).

If the list is too long for the thread feel free to PM me. I'm totally in the dark about the ps2 & have been for years lol. ^^;[/quote]lol, I can't help you on RPGs or horror games lol sorry. I do have some games I would recommend. You mentioned racing games with storylines, I don't think I have played anyone with a good story.

Just a few that I have in my mind right now

NBA Street series
SSX series
Ratchet & Clank series
Sly Cooper series
Time Splitter series
Red Faction
Black (shooter)
Burnout 3 Takedown
SOCOM series
Syphon Filter
Gran Turismo series (if you like racing sims)

bread's done
Back