PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

My store has a huge PS2 collection. One of the joys of living in a college town. And, we used to have three gamestops that were replaced by a single gamestop, so it got three stores worth of games when it opened a few months ago. It's also one of the only gamestops I have been in where all of the employees are female. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Davis, California. But, you get a C+ for your effort at sarcasm.
I called up the Davis store for shits and giggles and a gentleman answered the phone and told me they stopped selling PS2 games at that location years ago.

I'll never believe anything I read on the Internet again. :cry:

I called up the Davis store for shits and giggles and a gentleman answered the phone and told me they stopped selling PS2 games at that location years ago.

That's OK, as long as you believe anything a stranger tells you over the phone.

Well it's obvious that this is a lie. There are no gentlemen working at Gamestop, not since sasukekun hasn't gotten any hours there.

Well it's obvious that this is a lie. There are no gentlemen working at Gamestop, not since sasukekun hasn't gotten any hours there.
I was trying to sweet talk one of the all-female employees that Zantra promised and was sad when a dude answered the phone.

Some of the other stores actually do have some old ass PS2 games in stock, but I haven't found anything that doesn't deserve to be in the dumpster by now anyway.

Last edited:
I was trying to sweet talk one of the all-female employees that Zantra promised
"Hey baby, you got any of those sweet PS2 games at 75% off? Cuz you know I love getting as-is PS2 games and squirting a little white stuff on 'em until they shine."

I found out that many employees hide the PS2 games and then end up buying them all once they get cheap. If you ask if they have any they will either say "oh we stopped selling that stuff years ago" or "we don't but other you should check other stores". Of course, some may actually not carry them so this will not always be the case. But I actually caught some guys doing it at a local store a few months ago. Let's just say I went home with what I was looking for  :D

I found out that many employees hide the PS2 games and then end up buying them all once they get cheap. If you ask if they have any they will either say "oh we stopped selling that stuff years ago" or "we don't but other you should check other stores". Of course, some may actually not carry them so this will not always be the case. But I actually caught some guys doing it at a local store a few months ago. Let's just say I went home with what I was looking for :D
Are GS employees allowed to accept donations from their customers?

Last month at GS, a lady walked in with stacked of GameCube Games to trade them in. One of the employees said they don't accept them anymore but we take them as donations. She said "Okay". Not sure what games she had, but I did notice two of the games were Super Smash Bros and Mario Party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are GS employees allowed to accept donations from their customers?

Last month at GS, a lady walked in with stacked of GameCube Games to trade them in. One of the employees said they don't accept them anymore but we take them as donations. She said "Okay". Not sure what games she had, but I did notice two of the games were Super Smash Bros and Mario Party.
I've been in the store when someone tried trading some Xbox stuff. After telling them that they were no longer accepted they offered to just give them the games. They said they cannot accept anything the store no longer takes.

Wouldn't be surprised if employees pick up plenty of freebies this way.

Those employees were taking them home. I've heard tales of cags that bought stuff from people outside of the store after they were denied on old trade in items.

Any Gamestops around tampa that still have ps2 stuff? I assume they're all just in sleeves near the register at this point.

I think the waters/dale mabry one does. I remember a sleeved section I didn't want to deal with lol

A bunch of my stores have the 10 for $10 ps2 signage so it's probably national. But the problem is no store has anywhere near 10 games I would want. One store had a box of about 100 ps2 games and they were literally ALL rockband, guitar hero, and singing games.

Yesterday was the first time I've been to a Gamestop in months, and I found the most random assortment. Tons of Brothers in Arms and duplicates of racing games plus the usual music stuff, but I also found Ico (marked down from $30 lol). No scratches but I haven't tested it yet. I'll buy that for a dollar.

I don't know if it is widely known but the singstar ps2 games play in any ps3 with the singstar app. At a buck a piece these can be fun if you host parties.

For those that may be curious, Gamestop just added around 800+ games to their PS2 directory online.   They're at just over 1,000 as of this writing.

You won't find Rule or Rose or Haunting Ground, but for those of you with your PS2s still connected, who may have missed out before and don't mind if your discs are scratched beyond all recognition, there are some decent, cheap, common titles to be had that are much less expensive than their PSN downloadable counterparts.   Many, but not all, are registering at the 75% off sale price still.

Gamecube also added 162 games (not many great ones, sadly) up from zero and even a handful of GBA games made it.  Many of which are also 75% off.  

Nothing on Xbox, unless you like Sneak King being played on an older generation system. 

If anyone can get Mr. Mosquito to actually go through their cart, feel free to let me know.  I tried a few times and it keeps removing it, yet keeping the game listed as in-stock. 

I think this is the 'more stuff.'  I check Gamestop once a day, every day, just to see what they have.  They've been shifting back and forth between 150-260 PS2 titles for the last few months.    I seems like a quarter of them were always Singing/DDR games.

I was supposed to see Mission Impossible 5 tonight, but plans were delayed until the weekend.   Thankfully, I checked when I got home as opposed to before I went to sleep.  

1,061 PS2 titles in stock when I placed my order.  987 remain now. 

Also...  Gamecube had 162.  Now they have 143.   GBA had 53.  They're down only three titles at the moment, which, oddly, include the two titles that I ordered. 

Last edited by a moderator:
it'd be a crapshoot looking for PS2 games at GS

i've spent time at a few GS i never been to (since i wasn't heading back in that area) and was surprised to find something decent like Galactic Wrestling in about 120 crap games.

im surprised they didn't do this earlier, it would have been better buying stuff online because my GS are all about a minimum of 30 mins away.

The PS2 Memory Card also gets the 75%.

I went ahead and placed an order for a few games that I wanted.

-The Getaway $0.50

-Alter Echo $0.75

-Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 $0.75

-Sony PlayStation 2 DVD Remote $0.24

-Taiko Drum Master $0.75

-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $1.25

-Jak II $0.75

-Dance Dance Revolution: SuperNova $0.50

-Syphon Filter Omega Strain $0.50

-Nyko PS2 8 Meg Memory Card $1.25

bread's done
Back