PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

Thanks! Will check it out. Where do you buy the empty DVD cases for yours? I may just get some on amazon.
I've never really purchased empty DVD cases in bulk. I usually just have some laying around. Your best bet would be amazon or ebay. Unless someone knows where you can get them cheaper.

Got the first God of War, Harvey Birdman, Dark Cloud, and Tekken Tag Tournament. I could've gotten slightly more, but these were the best condition discs I could fine. I probably should've added Fire Pro Wrestling.

I bought cases 10 for 1 at buybacks. For the person asking me about the network adapter they are at my girlfriends house so I will take a picture of them and send them to you and let you pick out the one you want.

I hit up another store in the area and got 45 games for 106$ mainly dragon ball X, naturo, need for speed and a few other series that I can't remember. I'm going to be putting them all in cases and printing out covers for them all. Within the past week I've picked up 98 games for under 200 dollars.

I bought cases 10 for 1 at buybacks. For the person asking me about the network adapter they are at my girlfriends house so I will take a picture of them and send them to you and let you pick out the one you want.

I hit up another store in the area and got 45 games for 106$ mainly dragon ball X, naturo, need for speed and a few other series that I can't remember. I'm going to be putting them all in cases and printing out covers for them all. Within the past week I've picked up 98 games for under 200 dollars.
wtf @ them chinese bootlegs

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my last 2 chances at the sale. One got rodnod their ps2 games and another still had theirs in the drawers and empty cases on sjelves. So i grabbed a few games. I just didnt feel like hounding them for games. I am not looking for specific stuff anyway i just wanted to go thru and see what grabs my attention. But it was a fun adventure abd still got about 50 or so games altogether for about $46 so not bad

Finally managed to head up to my local store. To my surprise nobody even touched the PS2 games, so I had my pickings. Wasn't too much I wanted there, but ended up with

Complete

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Missing Manual

Bloody Roar 3

Sakura Wars So Long My Love

Missing Artwork

The Suffering

Disc Only

Beyond Good and Evil

Eureka Seven Vol 2

Grim Grimoire

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Monster Hunter

Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends

Spartan Total Warrior

Way of the Samurai

Ys The Ark of Napishtim

For just around $30, I am not complaining!

I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up. My store is a wasteland of DDR, High School Musical, Guitar Hero and Rockband & track packs, Singstar, Buzz, and similar crap. Almost all in sleeves.

I did find some good 360 game deals though.

The Gamestop I went to today had a complete but ragged copy of the Sakura Wars LE, but the clerk got it before I could say something. I would've protested, but I already have a copy.

Wish I could find Suikoden V, but there's none near me, and the best I could find is in Las Vegas. Was also trying to find Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, but that's at least a 25 mile drive and I'd have to near or by Los Angeles. Similar case if I want to get the only copy of Dark Cloud 2 within 100 miles of me that isn't defective. Hoping they might ship it to the store near me, but it's probably unlikely since it's one game and probably won't ship it unless it's with 40 other games.

Awesome on the network adapter. I should have just picked one up before they tossed all the cases at my store but oh well.

I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up. My store is a wasteland of DDR, High School Musical, Guitar Hero and Rockband & track packs, Singstar, Buzz, and similar crap. Almost all in sleeves.

I did find some good 360 game deals though.
I almost felt bad about how many copies of Guitar Hero they had. Had to be at least 50 between the different versions.

Absolutely nothing of interest for me in the Peoria, IL location. Tons of Rock Band/Guitar Hero.
Same here. Only found good stuff at one location. The rest was shovelware central.

I'll just cross my fingers for copies of Silent Hill on the Amazon Warehouse

If you just look and see what they have on the floor you probably arent seeing much of what they actually have.. after flipping through stacks of rockband and guitar hero.. I asked an assosiciate if they had a game I had seen on their inventory, I then asked for a list of every ps2 game they had which he provided.. what they had on the floor was a small fraction of what they had on hand in drawers begind the counter..

If you just look and see what they have on the floor you probably arent seeing much of what they actually have.. after flipping through stacks of rockband and guitar hero.. I asked an assosiciate if they had a game I had seen on their inventory, I then asked for a list of every ps2 game they had which he provided.. what they had on the floor was a small fraction of what they had on hand in drawers begind the counter..
Man, fuck Gamestop. If this is true (which I believe you that it is) this is shady as hell. The bait and switch they do with all used games now really pisses me off too. I hand them a clean case with a mint manual, and they set that case on the counter, and pull a POS one out of a drawer and quickly put it in the bag...hoping you won't notice.

fuck that. The first time this happened, I went back in the store and politely asked If I could have the cases I picked out. Now I just tell them before they ring it up, but one employee in particular still sneaks in crappy cases AFTER agreeing to give me the one off the shelf. It's not like I'm asking for the only good case they have either. These are games they have at least a dozen copies of on the shelf and more in drawers.

Today the guy tried to give me a generic case with a game they had a bunch of copies of with real cases, and he tried to short me a bonus disc with a game. I wouldn't have even known if the game disk he gave me hadn't been cracked and scratched to hell. I got back in line, and the manager gave me a good disk and the bonus disc that they "didn't have".

Man, fuck Gamestop. If this is true (which I believe you that it is) this is shady as hell. The bait and switch they do with all used games now really pisses me off too. I hand them a clean case with a mint manual, and they set that case on the counter, and pull a POS one out of a drawer and quickly put it in the bag...hoping you won't notice.

fuck that. The first time this happened, I went back in the store and politely asked If I could have the cases I picked out. Now I just tell them before they ring it up, but one employee in particular still sneaks in crappy cases AFTER agreeing to give me the one off the shelf. It's not like I'm asking for the only good case they have either. These are games they have at least a dozen copies of on the shelf and more in drawers.

Today the guy tried to give me a generic case with a game they had a bunch of copies of with real cases, and he tried to short me a bonus disc with a game. I wouldn't have even known if the game disk he gave me hadn't been cracked and scratched to hell. I got back in line, and the manager gave me a good disk and the bonus disc that they "didn't have".
I know what you mean. Sometimes it works in your favor though. One time I bought Tomb Raider for PS3 and the switched the case on me for the exclusive Walmart version which had free DLC.

I know what you mean. Sometimes it works in your favor though. One time I bought Tomb Raider for PS3 and the switched the case on me for the exclusive Walmart version which had free DLC.
Unfortunately it's always the opposite for me. If I bring up a special edition, or something with a bonus disk, they try to switch it for a regular one. And like the guy today, tell me they don't have the bonus disc...because he looked for two seconds, and it didn't hop in his hand.
Yet the manager found it immediately.

Yeah ive had them switch cases on me as well.. one time I had spent awhile going through making sure I had best cases manuals possible.. get to counter.. I noticed the guy giving me a crap case.. I said no I want the one I brought up.. he looked a bit confused and embarrased.. gives it back no prob im thinking everything is cool. I get home and see he took manuals out of two of the games.. wtf

Yeah ive had them switch cases on me as well.. one time I had spent awhile going through making sure I had best cases manuals possible.. get to counter.. I noticed the guy giving me a crap case.. I said no I want the one I brought up.. he looked a bit confused and embarrased.. gives it back no prob im thinking everything is cool. I get home and see he took manuals out of two of the games.. wtf
I swear they have trained them now to do this shit. Even if i wasn't picky about the condition of my games, cases, and manuals...I would still be pissed at them trying to give me a blank case with no manual, when they have plenty of them.

I really don't get what they are thinking there anymore...other than "Let's do everything we possibly can to fuck with every customer".

Gamestop I was at has a nice stack, though mostly what I was looking for was Drakengard which I got for $1.80 (and the last one within a 100 mile radius!). Of course, after being denied my first time to buy it. With it being an M game, I thought I could buy it no problem since I turned 17 early summer. The chick behind the counter said I couldn't get it and even though I was of age and I had to get parental admission because I hadn't turned 17 before January. Nonetheless came back couple hours later with an elder and turns out she withheld it in the back for me suspecting I would return. I haven't been to a GS in a long time because I'm not fond of them, but today's visit was nice.

With that said, if anyone is doing another round and find Drakengard 2 feel free to sell one to me :joystick:  

People still buy PS2 games??????

I'm an Old School Gamer and I must admit that while I have many great memories I honestly don't think I can ever go back. Literally owned every major system and hundreds of games, I always just give them away when a new console comes out. I do kinda miss my PS3 and the PS4 and Xbox One lack games though. Been thinking about selling my Xbox One and buying a Ps3.

Off topic I know, but just found it kinda weird that people still really buy PS2 Games.

I'm an Old School Gamer and I must admit that while I have many great memories I honestly don't think I can ever go back. Literally owned every major system and hundreds of games, I always just give them away when a new console comes out. I do kinda miss my PS3 and the PS4 and Xbox One lack games though. Been thinking about selling my Xbox One and buying a Ps3.

Off topic I know, but just found it kinda weird that people still really buy PS2 Games.
Some people collect games, like myself. Some of these games are dirt cheap, way less than the going rate for them and I'll still play my ps2 from time to time.

For the same cost of a new Xbox One game, I bought 2 multitap adapters, 8 controllers, and 30+ games. If you're buying games at MSRP, you're doing it wrong. But to each their own.

Yeah, normally I would've asked and looked around more. Was pressed for time.

I really don't need to be spending money on PS2 games anyway. I suppose if I'm back in the area again soon I may ask just to see if there's anything remotely good.

I feel bad askin the employees cuz i know they wont let me go in the backroon or into their drawer to thumb thru, nor do i want a 10-20 page printout from each store. Lol part of me is thinking i should ask but i dunno. Not lookin for specific games which is why id rather look thru it all myself and pick up things of interest. Only one of my stores has all their stock out on the shelf discs and all

I found a mess of great rare games around my area. Only down side was that they are all disc only. I love my ps2 and plan on playing them. Snagged memory cards snf multitap too.

Looking back at the game catalog, the ps2 era had better gsmes over all imo especially jrpgs.

So I've picked up 6 more games from a Gamestop about 30 minutes away from me.  Wild Arms 3, Ape Escape 3, The Bouncer (I'd always wanted to try the game), Devil Kings, Resident Evil Dead Aim, Tales of the Abyss and Drakengard. Defintely going to go looking more tomorrow.

They had Ico, but I passed, I've been thinking about get the ps3 Ico collection anyway.

I am addicted to buying PS2 games at this point.   I've been having a blast playing these games I must admit.  Also found some sealed games this time :D

CIB

Lord of the Rings: Aragon's Quest   $2.25   (Sealed)  

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith   $0.67

Space Chimps   $0.45   (GS New)

Tokobots Plus   $0.67

Onimusha 3   $1.35   (Sealed)

Secret Saturdays   $0.90

Major League Baseball 2K11   $2.25   (Sealed)

Suzuki TT Superbikes   FREE

Gretzky NHL 06   FREE

MVP Baseball 2005   FREE

NBA Live 2006   FREE

Major League Baseball 2K5   FREE

Major League Baseball 2K6   FREE

World Championship Poker   FREE

Ruff Trigger   FREE   (Missing instructions)

Metal Gear Solid 2   FREE

Metal Gear Solid 3   $1.13

Tekken Tag Tournament   $1.13   (GH)

Gran Turismo 3   FREE    (GH)

Final Fantasy XII   $1.80  (Minor water damage to cover art)

Xenosaga: Episode 1   $1.35   (GH, Missing instructions)

Driver 3   $2.25   (Missing instructions)

Dead to Rights   $0.90

Tiger Woods 2001   FREE   (Missing game)

Bombastic   $0.45

Harry Potter: Quidditch Cup   $0.67

Disc Only

Indigo Prophecy   $2.25

Silent Hill 2   $3.83

Silent Hill 3   $4.50

Silent Hill 4   $4.50

Eternal Poison   $3.37

Phantom Brave   $1.57

Disgaea   $3.37

Futurama   $4.50

Wild Arms 3   $1.13

FireFighter F.D. 18   $3.37

Mega Man X Collection   $4.50

Growlanser: Heritage of War   $2.25

MS Saga   $1.35

Dot Hack: Part 1 Infection   $2.25

Grim Grimoire   $1.80

Grandia Xtreme   $2.25

Dragon Quest VIII   $2.25

Final Fantasy X   $4.05

Final Fantasy X-2   $1.57

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerebus   $2.93

Champions: Return to Arms   $4.50

Digimon World 4   $3.83

Digimon World: Data Squad   $2.93

Shining Force Neo   $1.57

Samurai Champloo   $1.35

Innocent Life   $1.80

Ecco the Dolphin   $0.67

Shinobi   $0.67

Devil Kings   $1.35

God Hand   $2.93

Mana Khemia   $2.93

Makai Kingdom   $2.25

Drakengard   $1.80

SMT: Digital Devil Saga   $4.50

SMT: Nocturne   $4.50

La Pucelle Tactics   $1.57

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence   $2.25

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness   $3.37

Guilty Gear: XX Accent Core   $2.25

Guilty Gear: Isuka   $1.35

Onimusha Dawn of Dreams   $2.25

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex   $1.57

Fullmetal Alchemist 2   $2.25

Warriors Orochi   $2.25

Warriors Orochi 2   $4.05

Samurai Warriors   $1.57

Samurai Warriors XL   $1.35

Time Splitters 2   $1.80

Scarface   $2.25

Marvel Ultimate Alliance   $1.80

Need for Speed Underground   $1.35

Corvette   FREE

Alfa Romeo: Racing Italiano   FREE

SOCOM   FREE
SOCOM 2   FREE

Sly 2   $1.13

Escape from Monkey Island   $1.13

The Punisher   $2.25

NBA Street   FREE

lucky bastards. I think, of the 4 i went to, only 3 had ps2 games and only 1 i got a printout of their stock (no rpgs so  assume it got cleaned out of rare stuff weeks ago), and I am going to ask the other 2 for printouts. all 3 stores seemed veyer happy i was buying PS2 games. 2 of the stores begged me to take some more lol So i may have to go back, get a list, and start gettin some good stuff. I am NOT big on disc only, but if the price is right, why not?

I hope everyone uses this opportunity to find, purchase, and play Dragon Quest VIII and Rogue Galaxy. 

Two of the games I bought don't work in my PS2, but they do work in my BC PS3. :whistle2:k

I'll probably have to return them. Do they resurface discs?

Two of the games I bought don't work in my PS2, but they do work in my BC PS3. :whistle2:k

I'll probably have to return them. Do they resurface discs?
badly/deep scratched? But in the event your ps2 isn't faulty, try just cleaning the disc yourself, possibly try the toothpaste trick, or just return them. Gamestop will not resurface a disc for you, the way to check for a GS resurface is if it has gunk in the inner ring where you pick it up. Depending on the game and what you paid it may just not be worth it (or it may be your ps2 acting up, try opening and closing the tray a number of times and see if it reads the disc then.

So here is something cool (I'm actually really annoyed) I just found out. Some PS2/ PS1 games won't work with a composite cable with the ps2. The game will have sound and no picture. So if this happens to you try switching the original cables :3

I have heard of PS1 games not working on PS2 systems.  I think Gundam Battle Assault 2 doesn't seem to work on a PS2.

Figured by now all the good games were picked clean by now.

I swear they have trained them now to do this shit. Even if i wasn't picky about the condition of my games, cases, and manuals...I would still be pissed at them trying to give me a blank case with no manual, when they have plenty of them.

I really don't get what they are thinking there anymore...other than "Let's do everything we possibly can to fuck with every customer".
Whenever I have a game without a real case (which I hate) I always go to my local gamestop stores and just ask them for one. They are usually pretty cool about it and dont care.

there are only 3 parts to .hack G.U
Sorry to say you are probably completely out of luck on the .hack Quarantine, I scoured the COUNTRY for copies around last year, calling up every store within 100 miles of a major city I could think of, I found maybe a handful, and out of all the stores I called, I was lucky to find two that actually had it. (One I kept, and the other ended up going out to a fellow cag).
But yeah, if ANYONE finds ANY of that series, DO NOT PASS IT UP. Each can be played standalone style without an import of a previous save, and if you find yourself without the earlier games, fear not, the earlier in the series, the cheaper the game can be found.
My local indy store in Arnold, MO (www.bodachsgames.com) has some of the .hack games, even a couple sealed. Won't be cheap though.

Went around to a few Gamestops this past weekend to snag these:

.hack//Infection

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (CIB)

Tales of the Abyss

The MvC2 disc and manual both look brand new, which I am super happy about!

My local indy store in Arnold, MO (www.bodachsgames.com) has some of the .hack games, even a couple sealed. Won't be cheap though.
Rather have em used so playing it doesn't require me to lose alot of value lol. Quarantine fetches almost 100 used as it is. Forget new!

Happy with todays pickups:

complete-

Persona 4

disk only-

Marvel vs Capcom 2 

Katamari Damacy

I bought a disk only persona 4 this week at another location I guess I'll return.

Plan on hitting up another store this week

If ANYONE finds Rogue Galxy at a local gamestop for this cheap let me know immediately! Hands down probably the best RPG I have ever played.
Strangely, just for shits and giggles I looked it up on GS.com and the only store that allegedly has it is the one closest to me. (~2 miles)

bread's done
Back