PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

Anyone plan to print DVD case art for the disc only games? Picked up around 20 disc only and planning to print the DVD covers so I can put the, on the shelves along with other games..
I'm just googling the games DVD cover individually and printing them. If anyone have a good site to go to let me know. Thanks!
Start with thecoverproject.net, as others have indicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the last few days I picked up at various Gamestops:

Persona 4

WWE All Stars

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Namco Museum 50th Anniversary

Jaws Unleashed

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkin War

007: Quantum of Solace

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

SSX 3

Need for Speed Underground

True Crime: New York City

Bloodrayne 2

Rampage: Total Destruction

Spawn: Armageddon

Ratchet: Deadlocked

Van Helsing

Gran Turismo 4

Star Trek: Shattered Universe

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

The Getaway: Black Monday

The bad part is I'm out of money till next Friday, and I know of of two more GS's I want to stop at, both of which had at least a copy of Predator: Concrete Jungle. Hope its still at one of them by next week. 

I went to one for a more in depth look. Not really much left. I grabbed a few without boxes like klonoa 2, the 2 syphon filter ps2 games, street fighter ex3, nobunangas ambition, and ratchet deadlocked all disc only except SFex3 which was complete and nobunanga had a generic gamestop case. Ive just been checking here and there every few days pucking up stragglers. I forget how cheap they are so i keep not getting games not realizing a $13 game is like $2.50

Only a small handful of Gamestops have any PS2 games, and luckily they were very easy to get to, compared to the ones that supposedly had the rarer games.

The one I went to today didn't have Dark Cloud 2, sadly but I got:

War of the Monsters

Harvey Birdman (Like New)

King of Fighters XI

Batman Vengeance

Maybe I should've bothered to get the Sly Cooper games, but I'm done for now.

I picked up the original shadow hearts for 6.75 today.  its only the disk but for that price!  Here is a tip the game was only in their drawer and not actually on the shelf.  I only found out they had it because of their store locator option online showed them as having some.  The employee told me they have a handful of ps2 games that aren't on the shelf because the cases were lost or stolen and they don't feel like making new cases.

I picked up the original shadow hearts for 6.75 today. its only the disk but for that price! Here is a tip the game was only in their drawer and not actually on the shelf. I only found out they had it because of their store locator option online showed them as having some. The employee told me they have a handful of ps2 games that aren't on the shelf because the cases were lost or stolen and they don't feel like making new cases.
Yeah make sure you ask if they have any behind the counter or in the drawers. I ended up getting a copy of Persona 4 this way :)

I decided to go nuts and just get a bunch of games i dont own to pad my collection. Altogether i got over 100 games for about $80. Making my game collection now over 2800 games. Lol i decided that disc only games are fine (despite the 300 ps2 games i owned prior to this all being complete). Better to have tons of disc only games than not have them and as a video game collector its worh it. I mean i have tonnssss of cartrige based games with no boxes so disc based games shouldnt be any different. I didnt get anything amazing but they were all games i didnt own already so its worth it to me! :) A fun week was had.

Sent my family on a fool's errand! Both the GameStops near my brother/mother had PS2 games in the system but were told they had none when they got there. All was not lost though as they were able to get me -

complete Onechanbara (360) for $7 

Heavenly Guardian (Wii) disc $1

Castle Shikigami 3 disc $3

So for you lucky folks able to hunt down PS2 games it wouldn't hurt to take a look at the Wii section for cheap games as well.

Gamestop I went to was super friendly and were glad PS2 games were finally being sold. Mentioned to me that quite a bit of people were coming in buying up PS2 games throughout the week. At first employee dug though the PS2 drawer grabbing the games I wanted one by one (from 2 week old list). Eventually I was asked if I could go behind the counter myself and dig through the selection for what I wanted. 

My haul so far is (all disc only)

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (with soundtrack)
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: NOCTURNE
  3. Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
  4. SSX Tricky
  5. Burnout 3: Takedown
  6. Burnout: Revenge
  7. DBZ Budokai 3
  8. Monster Rancher Evo
  9. Medal of Honor: Frontline
  10. Medal of Honor: European Assault
  11. Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
  12. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  13. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  14. Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
  15. Onimusha: Warlords
  16. Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
  17. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
  18. Mafia
  19. Soul Calibur III
  20. Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
  21. Phantasy Star Universe
  22. Tourist Trophy: Real Riding Simulator 
I got to go back to exchange my COD2 disc. Its scratched to hell and doesn't work. So far every other game disc seems fine enough. And might grab some other games when I go back.

Rather have em used so playing it doesn't require me to lose alot of value lol. Quarantine fetches almost 100 used as it is. Forget new!
Some of them are used as well but they won't be cheap, just about the average of what it goes for on EBay. They test every game & clean them also if needed.

[quote name="VideoGamesIzFun" post="11439946" timestamp="1389592363"]I am addicted to buying PS2 games at this point. I've been having a blast playing these games I must admit. Also found some sealed games this time :D

CIB
Lord of the Rings: Aragon's Quest $2.25 (Sealed)
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith $0.67
Space Chimps $0.45 (GS New)
Tokobots Plus $0.67
Onimusha 3 $1.35 (Sealed)
Secret Saturdays $0.90
Major League Baseball 2K11 $2.25 (Sealed)
Suzuki TT Superbikes FREE
Gretzky NHL 06 FREE
MVP Baseball 2005 FREE
NBA Live 2006 FREE
Major League Baseball 2K5 FREE
Major League Baseball 2K6 FREE
World Championship Poker FREE
Ruff Trigger FREE (Missing instructions)
Metal Gear Solid 2 FREE
Metal Gear Solid 3 $1.13
Tekken Tag Tournament $1.13 (GH)
Gran Turismo 3 FREE (GH)
Final Fantasy XII $1.80 (Minor water damage to cover art)
Xenosaga: Episode 1 $1.35 (GH, Missing instructions)
Driver 3 $2.25 (Missing instructions)
Dead to Rights $0.90
Tiger Woods 2001 FREE (Missing game)
Bombastic $0.45
Harry Potter: Quidditch Cup $0.67

Disc Only
Indigo Prophecy $2.25
Silent Hill 2 $3.83
Silent Hill 3 $4.50
Silent Hill 4 $4.50
Eternal Poison $3.37
Phantom Brave $1.57
Disgaea $3.37
Futurama $4.50
Wild Arms 3 $1.13
FireFighter F.D. 18 $3.37
Mega Man X Collection $4.50
Growlanser: Heritage of War $2.25
MS Saga $1.35
Dot Hack: Part 1 Infection $2.25
Grim Grimoire $1.80
Grandia Xtreme $2.25
Dragon Quest VIII $2.25
Final Fantasy X $4.05
Final Fantasy X-2 $1.57
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerebus $2.93
Champions: Return to Arms $4.50
Digimon World 4 $3.83
Digimon World: Data Squad $2.93
Shining Force Neo $1.57
Samurai Champloo $1.35
Innocent Life $1.80
Ecco the Dolphin $0.67
Shinobi $0.67
Devil Kings $1.35
God Hand $2.93
Mana Khemia $2.93
Makai Kingdom $2.25
Drakengard $1.80
SMT: Digital Devil Saga $4.50
SMT: Nocturne $4.50
La Pucelle Tactics $1.57
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence $2.25
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness $3.37
Guilty Gear: XX Accent Core $2.25
Guilty Gear: Isuka $1.35
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams $2.25
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex $1.57
Fullmetal Alchemist 2 $2.25
Warriors Orochi $2.25
Warriors Orochi 2 $4.05
Samurai Warriors $1.57
Samurai Warriors XL $1.35
Time Splitters 2 $1.80
Scarface $2.25
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $1.80
Need for Speed Underground $1.35
Corvette FREE
Alfa Romeo: Racing Italiano FREE
SOCOM FREE
SOCOM 2 FREE
Sly 2 $1.13
Escape from Monkey Island $1.13
The Punisher $2.25
NBA Street FREE[/quote]

Really dumb question..

Did those handful of games really ring up as free? If so, I might have to go hunting for some.

I recycled a ton of old electronics over the holidays that could've been used for the RadioShack trade 5 get $25 deal.

I grabbed a copy of rogue galaxy today. I already have a copy so if anyone wants to trade for it.

I'm mainly looking for shadow hearts and ms saga

Went back to one of the GSs i went to earlier. Apparently they discovered some more games I didnt see the last time. I picked up:

Need for Speed: Prostreet

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Auto Modellista

Pirates: The Legend of Black Buccaneer

Resident Evil: Outbreak

War of the Monsters

Marvel Super Hero Squad

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix

Need for Speed Underground 2

Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home

Rocky Legends

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Secret Agent Clank

So I went to my local gamestop a while ago when I first saw this post. I checked the inventory and it said they had Persona 4, so I went in and checked through the hundreds of ps2 games on the shelf and didn't see anything, I asked the Assistant Manager if they had it and she quickly said no.

So I went back a few days later and they had a ton more games that I hadn't seen, so I picked through and grabbed about 50 games or so, I went to the counter and asked the other Assistant if they had Persona 4, his response was that the other Assistant had just bought it earlier that day. I find it to be extremely wrong that they lied to me about having a game so that they could buy it themself.

Also about elling me they had no more games in the back when they brought a ton more games out to replace all the ones I had bought.

So I went to my local gamestop a while ago when I first saw this post. I checked the inventory and it said they had Persona 4, so I went in and checked through the hundreds of ps2 games on the shelf and didn't see anything, I asked the Assistant Manager if they had it and she quickly said no.

So I went back a few days later and they had a ton more games that I hadn't seen, so I picked through and grabbed about 50 games or so, I went to the counter and asked the other Assistant if they had Persona 4, his response was that the other Assistant had just bought it earlier that day. I find it to be extremely wrong that they lied to me about having a game so that they could buy it themself.

Also about elling me they had no more games in the back when they brought a ton more games out to replace all the ones I had bought.
I know in my area at least stores are shipping off their remaining PS2 games to 'dump' stores. You may have stumbled upon one of those. I stopped by a store that shipped out their remaining PS2 games yesterday (luckily the Rogue Galaxy I reserved was still being held).

Grabbed some games today:

Silent Hill 4

Rogue Galaxy

Rachet Up Your Arsenal

FF7 Dirge of Cerberus

Eternal Poison

Castlevania Curse of Darkness

All were cd only but I was surprised to find that the eternal poison also had the soundtrack with it. Sweet

Grabbed some games today:

Silent Hill 4

Rogue Galaxy

Rachet Up Your Arsenal

FF7 Dirge of Cerberus

Eternal Poison

All were cd only but I was surprised to find that the eternal poison also had the soundtrack with it. Sweet
Good finds. I like that people are looking for Rogue Galaxy. One of my favorite PS2 games.

Good finds. I like that people are looking for Rogue Galaxy. One of my favorite PS2 games.
I actually bought it just in case some one here wanted to trade for it since I already own a copy. the game is amazing. Probably should have grabbed the smt games since the guys at gamestop seemed to start looking for them after I made my purchase

wish my stores have better selection... went to 3 stores but all of the games are already crap... mostly sports games. the only good thing i got out of this sale was a ps eye toy for  $0.11+tax.

I need to check my stores this weekend. I'll go looking for Square-enix and Atlus games I missed like Baroque, Eternal Poison, Grandia 3...etc....hopefully find some ok stuff.

Its the perk to working at a game store. I worked at a game crazy as i mentioned before and we got to hold tons of stuff providing we were going to buy it. I assume gamestop can do the same thing. Hell at gamestop my friend said employees could gut a game, play it for a while, bring it back to the store and sell it as a new gutted copy. We couldnt do that at my store (but we could have up to 3 free rentals at at a time and could re-rent until we felt like it cuz we were attached to a hollywood video so it didnt matter). But yea man, many jobs have perks and sadly that is one of them in a game store.

Sly Cooper - $0.67

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - $0.67

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - $0.67

Hopefully I can get some more of the games I'm looking for, I'm mainly looking at games that are $9.99 or less.

Managed to pick up copies of Ico, War of the Monsters, and Silent Hill 2 yesterday. Then I realized I have no use for them - anyone interested in a trade? Otherwise, it's back to GameStop they go. :whistle2:D

Those were the only notable ones left in my area - just abou everything of worth had been long scavenged.

Apparently 1 of the 3 Gamestops in my city still had PS2 games, although most of the good stuff was long gone. I picked up Sakura Wars, LaPucelle Tactics, Shining Force Neo, Shining Force EXA, Bombastic, LoTR: FoTR, LoTR: TTT, LoTR: RoTK, Metal Slug 4 & 5, Destroy All Humans 1 & 2, Genji: Dawn of The Samurai, and Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows for ~$20 total. They were all in good to near mint condition, sans cases/manuals. I got the last copies of all of them, and they were quite literally the only decent games left. What remained were several hundred copies each of almost every rhythm, sports, and kids' tv show shovelware title released on PS2.

I wish I'd spotted this thread closer to the beginning of the sale. Nevertheless, thanks CAG!

Sucks to hear that. When I went, the employee digging through the drawers asked me if I wanted their last copy of Persona 4 and NOCTURNE.

Really dumb question.. Did those handful of games really ring up as free? If so, I might have to go hunting for some. I recycled a ton of old electronics over the holidays that could've been used for the RadioShack trade 5 get $25 deal.
Medal of Honor Frontline rang up free for me. It had a price of .02 before the discount.

Went to a few Gamestops close to my girlfriend. Found a few things at the top of my want list and a few other interesting ones. 

CIB
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Street Fighter Alpha Anthalogy
Star Ocean till the end of time
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Sonic Mega collection

Disc only

Ace Combat 4
Devil May Cry
Chaos Legion
Tokobot Plus
Ecco the Dolphin
Virtua Quest
Soul Nomad
Ace Combat 5
Ace Combat 0
FF7 Dirge of Cerberus
Mega Man X Collection
Capcom Classic collection
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
Drakengard-with manual
X-Men Legends 2
Harry Potter:Quidditch Cup

Willing to trade or buy the following

Sakura Wars
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4
Makai Kingdom
MS saga
Xenosaga 1
Xenosaga 2
Phantom Brave
Grandia 2
Grandia 3
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 4
Wilds Arms 5
Wilds Arms XF
Shadow Hearts
Grim Grimoire
God hand
.hack 1-4
.hack GU 1-3
Ape Escape 2

after my total 111 game haul, i still gotta go back to one store. they said to give the lit a look over but I decided i want to pad my game collection a bit more so im gonna go there and if I don't own it I will take it. I own 406 PS2 games as it is after my few runs. It's fun finding games so cheap. $80 and i got 111 games added to my collection now making it a staggering 2,826 games

Stopped in at one of my local GameStops on a whim, looking for the Xenosaga series. Alas, the racks had been picked clean. Plenty of Tony Hawk games, though...

Went to a gamestop out in podunk today and made out. Ended up with 24 total games and a controller for $80. I think the only reason they had so much good stuff left was all the PS2 games were in the back and not on the floor. The  reason I knew they had PS2 was looking up certain titles online and this one store kept having good titles still instock when nobody else did. So I finally made a run out there today.

Just the highlights (most even were complete)

3 Kingdom Hearts re:Chains of memory

Final Fantasy 12

Persona 3

Persona 4

Shadow of Rome

FF7 Dirge of Cerberus

LOTR Third Age

Castlevania Lament

Family Guy

Simpson Game

Xenosaga

and not a PS2 game, but way awesome they had that huge limited Edition Mortal Kombat controller for PS3 with MK1-3 converted to used (but still new) at $17.

Had to go out of town today so decided to stop by their local gamestop.

Picked up:

Rogue Galaxy

Romance of The Three kingdoms X

Unlimited Saga

Fatal Fury battle Archives

Black

Burnout Dominator

Never figured I'd own so many copies of Rogue Galaxy

Had to go out of town today so decided to stop by their local gamestop.

Picked up:

Rogue Galaxy

Romance of The Three kingdoms X

Unlimited Saga

Fatal Fury battle Archives

Black

Burnout Dominator

Never figured I'd own so many copies of Rogue Galaxy
Sell me one does it come with the case

Still finding amazing stuff.  

CIB
Dukes of Hazzard: Return of the General Lee $4.50
Sakura Wars $4.05 (Missing Instructions?, Has outer box but it's beat up and no extras)
Gallop Racer 2006 $2.25
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology $3.37
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter $3.37
Star Wars: Force Unleashed $2.25
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter $1.35
War of the Monsters $2.25
Burnout 3 $2.25
Armored Core 3 $1.57
Guilty Gear Isuka $1.35 (Missing instructions)
SSX 3 $0.90
Smugglers Run $0.45 (GH)
Spy Hunter $0.45
Thrillville $0.45 (Missing instructions)

Disc Only
Zone of Enders: 2nd Runner $4.50
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories $4.05
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories $3.37
Valkyrie Profile 2: Slimera $2.93
Grandia 2 $2.25
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland $2.25
Fullmetal Alchemist $2.25
Shining Force EXA $1.80
Monster Rancher EVO $1.57
Xenosaga 1 $1.35
Xenosaga 2 $1.57
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter $1.35
Radiata Stories $2.25
Musashi: Samurai Legend $1.13
Wild Arms 3 $1.13
Summoner 2 $0.90
Front Mission 4 $0.67
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits $0.67
Shadow of Destiny $0.45
Nightmare of Druaga $0.45
Beyond Good & Evil $1.35
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns $1.35
Mega Man X7 $1.13
Raiden III $1.35
Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed $0.90
Dynasty Warriors 4 $1.35
Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires $1.13
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $2.25
Transformers $1.13
Midnight Club 2 $1.35
Gun $1.13
Rayman 3 $0.67
Robin Hood Defender of the Crown $0.67
Oni $0.67
Mystic Heroes $0.67
Tony Hawk Project 8 $0.45
Stuntman: Ignition $0.45
Guilty Gear X2 $0.45

Still finding amazing stuff.

CIB
Sakura Wars $4.05 (Missing Instructions?, Has outer box but it's beat up and no extras)
Gallop Racer 2006 $2.25
Burnout 3 $2.25
Armored Core 3 $1.57
SSX 3 $0.90
Smugglers Run $0.45 (GH)
Spy Hunter $0.45

Disc Only
Grandia 2 $2.25
Shining Force EXA $1.80
Xenosaga 1 $1.35
Xenosaga 2 $1.57
Radiata Stories $2.25
Wild Arms 3 $1.13
Summoner 2 $0.90
Front Mission 4 $0.67
Shadow of Destiny $0.45
Beyond Good & Evil $1.35
Mega Man X7 $1.13
Raiden III $1.35
Dynasty Warriors 4 $1.35
Transformers $1.13
Midnight Club 2 $1.35
Gun $1.13
Rayman 3 $0.67
Oni $0.67
Mystic Heroes $0.67
Guilty Gear X2 $0.45
If you're willing to trade or sell Sakura Wars, Breath of Fire, Wild Arms 3 or Xenosaga 1-2 let me know. No stores in my area have them.

I found one store about 45 mins away that has a few games that I want. I called and asked if they could transfer them to another store and the guy told me they could if it was something more recent, but because the costs outweigh the value of the games, they aren't allowed to transfer PS2 games to another store.

[quote name="VideoGamesIzFun" post="11451263" timestamp="1389938487"]Still finding amazing stuff.

CIB
Gallop Racer 2006 $2.25
Burnout 3 $2.25
Armored Core 3 $1.57
SSX 3 $0.90
Smugglers Run $0.45 (GH)
Spy Hunter $0.45

Disc Only
Grandia 2 $2.25
Shining Force EXA $1.80
Xenosaga 1 $1.35
Xenosaga 2 $1.57
Radiata Stories $2.25
Wild Arms 3 $1.13
Summoner 2 $0.90
Front Mission 4 $0.67
Shadow of Destiny $0.45
Beyond Good & Evil $1.35
Mega Man X7 $1.13
Raiden III $1.35
Dynasty Warriors 4 $1.35
Transformers $1.13
Midnight Club 2 $1.35
Gun $1.13
Rayman 3 $0.67
Oni $0.67
Mystic Heroes $0.67
Guilty Gear X2 $0.45[/quote]

Almost 80% of the games you listed are part of the list I'm making for tom trip. Hopefully the inventory tracker is updated because that's what I'm basing my pickup would be.

If you're willing to trade or sell Sakura Wars, Breath of Fire, Wild Arms 3 or Xenosaga 1-2 let me know. No stores in my area have them.
PM a list of games you are looking for. I got an extra Wild Arms 3, Xenosaga 1+2 for sure. I highly doubt another Breath of Fire and the copy I got is scratched pretty bad (but it works!). I might be able to get another Sakura Wars.

Almost 80% of the games you listed are part of the list I'm making for tom trip. Hopefully the inventory tracker is updated because that's what I'm basing my pickup would be.
This was a pick up from Tuesday so unless you checked back then you should be good.

I went in today and got

Read Dead Revolver
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Free)
Crash Nitro Racing
Crash Tag Team Racing
Ghost Recon
Splinter Cell
SC:pandora Tommorow
X-Games Snowboarding
SOCOM 3
Twisted Metal Head On
Devil May Cry 2
DMC 3
Red Faction
Fatal Fury
Star Wars Episode 3
Pirates( I cant remember the full title)
Max Payne

And tommorow im gonna return a couple because I feel like I payed too much in total for games that are gonna gather dust on my shelf.

I went in today and got

Read Dead Revolver
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Free)
Crash Nitro Racing
Crash Tag Team Racing
Ghost Recon
Splinter Cell
SC:pandora Tommorow
X-Games Snowboarding
SOCOM 3
Twisted Metal Head On
Devil May Cry 2
DMC 3
Red Faction
Fatal Fury
Star Wars Episode 3
Pirates( I cant remember the full title)
Max Payne

And tommorow im gonna return a couple because I feel like I payed too much in total for games that are gonna gather dust on my shelf.
LOL tell me about it.... Keep the top half and go back to playing Ni No Kuni.

bread's done
Back