PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

I've been looking for ICO, Beyond Good and Evil, and Rule of Rose (good luck, I know) on PS2 for years. I really want the Persona 4 soundtrack as well. Oh well.

Has anybody found the Ratchet and Clank titles complete in box with black label? The closest Gamestop to me selling PS2 games is about 2 hours from me, so its a bit of a stretch for me.

I'm not sure if this is considered against the rules or not, but if anybody finds any of these games (or buys any extra copies), let me know, I'd be willing to make a deal (I'd be willing to pay double what you paid plus shipping):

Predator: Concrete Jungle
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Eternal Poison
Warriors Orochi 2
Devil Summoner 1 and 2
Silent Hill 4, Origins and Shattered Memories
Samurai Showdown Anthology
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash-up
Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front
anything Mega Man/Mega Man X
anything King of Fighters
One Piece: Grand Adventure
Final Fight Streetwise
Steambot Chronicles
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
Spider-Man 2/3/Ultimate
WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain
Galactic Wrestling Featuring Ultimate Muscle
Godzilla: Save the Earth
Chaos Wars
Gungrave/Gungrave Overdose
Guilty Gear Isuka
Battle Assult 3 Featuring Gundam Seed
Shaman King: Power of Spirit
Onimusha/2/Dawn of Dreams/Blade Warriors
Under the Skin
Technic Beat
We Love Katamari
Ruff Trigger
Spy Fiction
Red Ninja: End of Honor
Capcom Fighting Evolution
Resident Evil Outbreak file 2
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Kuon
Obscure
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2
Evil Dead: A Fistfull of Boomstick/Regeneration
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

I'll take complete or disc only, I'm not picky.

I'm not sure if this is considered against the rules or not, but if anybody finds any of these games (or buys any extra copies), let me know, I'd be willing to make a deal (I'd be willing to pay double what you paid plus shipping):

Eternal Poison
Warriors Orochi 2
Devil Summoner 1 and 2
Final Fight Streetwise
Steambot Chronicles
Spider-Man 2/3/Ultimate
Chaos Wars
Guilty Gear Isuka
Under the Skin
Technic Beat
We Love Katamari
Ruff Trigger
Spy Fiction
Kuon
Obscure

lol Ruff Trigger and Technic Beat are free are you still paying out double? :lol:

Eternal Poison
Warriors Orochi 2
Devil Summoner 1 and 2
Final Fight Streetwise
Steambot Chronicles
Spider-Man 2/3/Ultimate
Chaos Wars
Guilty Gear Isuka
Under the Skin
Technic Beat
We Love Katamari
Ruff Trigger
Spy Fiction
Kuon
Obscure

My trick I posted a while ago would work out great for you.
Just assured myself a copy of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis and two other games (They were SUPPOSED to have sent out last week, but uggh. Can never trust these people x.x)
But yeah this game... AMAZING GAME! It is like one of the "Tycoon" games for jurassic park.

man i just went to another store but sadly they still have the majority of their ps2 games hidden in the back. Don't they realize if they put them out in sleeves (like they do with loose DS carts) that people will get them? I was given a list by the stores manager a few days ago and she begged me to come take more games. So I came back (granted its friday night and they had TONS of used games to put away from daily trdes, a thing I know too much about having worked at a Game Crazy for 5 years years ago), but he couldn't help me.

He DID tell me if I come on a less busy day that they can bring out the boxes and let me sift them so I will be back sometime next week. They dont have amazing stuff but i am looking to pad my game collection (at 2,827 games after my 106 PS2 game haul thus far from various gamestops) so I hope they let me do it. I mean it helps them ditch some stuff they don't want and lets me give them a good home. I already own tons of rare games and I am not looking to flip any games so I want to give those random games like Bombastic or Gallop Racer 2001 a good home. lol So let's hope my next visit is a helpful one. It just sucks cuz I work til like almost 8pm during the week and they close at 9, and I work lots of sundays and they close at 6 when I am out at 4pm usually. So I always come when theres not enough time for them to let me look.

They gave me a list to mark down stuff and bring in... but I want like 50-100 games so it makes no sense to have them do it especially when I want to look at the discs myself. I already messed up cuz I got a game today and the ONE time I don't inspect the case (he had to go get the game) it was wrong. I bought Jak & Daxter Lost frontier, but he put the precursor legacy in there instead. So I'll have to bring that when I go back.

Only ONE of the 3 stores that has PS2 games here has ALL of their games on the shelf and I wish the other 2 would just do it already. Sorry, end rant. lol

Well I finally made the trip over to one store that was relatively close lol. Had called days before but was told "I know for a fact we don't" when I asked if they carried PS2 games. Wen't in, and in the magic random drawer, they had a ton, and since they were a bit hidden away they had some very nice gems. The big one being a CIB Suikoden IV :) cant beat under $3 for that!

I walked away with like $70 worth of PS2 games. Normally I will only post a "Best Of" selection once I am done with the clearance, since I have more games arriving at my local store next week, but todays haul includes:

Disc Only:

Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow

Syphon Filter Omega Strain

Shin Megami Persona 3 FES (looks like no bonus disc if it comes with one)
Super Monkey Ball DX

Soul Calibur III

Soul Calibur II

Twisted Metal: Head-On

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

MLB 08: The Show (Ok this one slipped by as I was sorting them XD will return to the next gs I go to)

Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus (x 2)

Dot Hack Part 1 Infection (with bonus disc, this makes my what... third copy of it? I lost count)

Dead to Rights II

Dark Cloud

Drakengard

Digimon World Data Squad

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood

Bloodrayne 2

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance

Devil May Cry

Aliens Vs Predator: Extinction

Heavenly Guardian

CIB:
Suikoden IV (yushhhh!)

Twisted Metal Black

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Not a bad haul.

I was gonna buy haunting ground but she said I had to purchase guarantee in order to trigger the promo. I still did it, but I want those 2 extra bucks back.

I was gonna buy haunting ground but she said I had to purchase guarantee in order to trigger the promo. I still did it, but I want those 2 extra bucks back.
And the gullible of the year award goes toooo... 1. She lied. 2. Why would you believe that after reading the thread? 3. How do you expect them to replace/repair that game...

Went to a store about a half-hour out of town (ended up being more than that since I decided to go during a snowstorm) because the website said they were the closest store to have Def Jam: Fight For NY.  They didn't have it.  But I still picked up these (all disc only):

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

The Punisher

Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth

Taito Legends 2

Midway Arcade Treasures 2

SNK Arcade Classics 1

Mega Man X Collection

Street Fighter EX 3

Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1

Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2

Yakuza

All for a little over $30 total.

Update:  Went to the Gamestop by my apartment just to see what they had.  Just so happened they had:

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (in case, though the case is kinda beat up)

Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s (disc only from here on out)

Burnout Revenge

Manhunt

Def Jam Vendetta (disc looked like it went through a wood chipper but it was only $1.25)

Total of that bunch: $16

Last edited by a moderator:
If she wasn't a manager, inform the store manager. If she was a manager, inform the district manager. Make sure that you tell them you feel betrayed and refuse to shop at that store at this point. That is completely unacceptable, especially on an item like a PS2 game. I would say fill out the survey, but if you want immediate results, make sure you let the store know you are pissed.

I'm always amazed at how different my gamestop experience is compared to some of you here. Guess I got lucky that I got a cool crowd. When I went to buy some ps2 games the rep said "I would offer you a warranty but we'd have no way to replace it." Seeing as how terrified they seem to be of their managers you would think you'd get better support

And the gullible of the year award goes toooo... 1. She lied. 2. Why would you believe that after reading the thread? 3. How do you expect them to replace/repair that game...

If she wasn't a manager, inform the store manager. If she was a manager, inform the district manager. Make sure that you tell them you feel betrayed and refuse to shop at that store at this point. That is completely unacceptable, especially on an item like a PS2 game. I would say fill out the survey, but if you want immediate results, make sure you let the store know you are pissed.
I know this, but when she took the guarantee off the games they scanned at regular price... I have bought a few games before without the guarantee and had no problem. Somehow, it didn't work today. I guess I'm gonna have to call..

Someone rang me up on one of those without my knowledge. I just went to a different GS with the receipt and got my money back. All I said was "I didn't buy that". Don't even bring the game with you.

Someone rang me up on one of those without my knowledge. I just went to a different GS with the receipt and got my money back. All I said was "I didn't buy that". Don't even bring the game with you.
I'm gonna try and do that... There's no possible way they can't return my money, right? SMH

This GS employees are so idiotic.

I'm always amazed at how different my gamestop experience is compared to some of you here. Guess I got lucky that I got a cool crowd. When I went to buy some ps2 games the rep said "I would offer you a warranty but we'd have no way to replace it." Seeing as how terrified they seem to be of their managers you would think you'd get better support
One of the ones I went to pretty much said the same thing about the warranty. Overall they were pretty cool with helping me find games. Had them looking for a good 20 minutes with my checked of list of PS2 games. XD

I got a bunch of stuff for about 12 bucks today. Should have been less cause a copy of friends that I got had a Lotr: aragorns quest sticker on it so I paid $2.25 for something that should have been free but I got 6 games at that gamestop for free so I'm not going to cause a fuss.

I pretty much got....

5 copies of friends cib (going to gut them and use the cases)
Underground jam pack cib (going to use the case)

Disc only

Monster rancher evo
Tribes aerial assault
Raw damage
Fatal fury battle archives vol.2
Art of fighting anthology

3 network adapters.

My purchase from today after trading in a game:

Disc Only

Def Jam Vendetta - $1.13

Sly 2: Band of Thieves - $1.13 (doesn't work, will excahnge or return and find elsewhere)

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - $2.25

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - $1.13

Tekken Tag Tournament - $1.13

Tony Hawk's Underground - $0.67

The store that I was at has a few more of the games on my list so I'll be paying them another visit. Most of the stores closest to me have games I want too so I'll be making the rounds.

Most of my area stores sent inventory to one I need to check tomorrow. I got so far:

Activision Anthology

Arcana Heart

Drakengard

Obscure Aftermath

Red Ninja

World Heroes Anthology

XIII

Most of mine are cleaned out hopefully will find some stuff tomorrow cause pretty much most of these were very low wants except Arcana Heart and Drakengard.

Came out with a boat load of games see below:

Grandia Extreme

Mana Khemia

Musashi

Radiata stories

SMT: Nocturne

Valkyria Profile 2

Chaos Legion

Indigo Prophecy

Legia 2

Freedom Fighters 

Evil Dead Fist Full of Broomstick

DJ Vendetta

Predator Concrete jungle

Gungrave

Manhunt

Dark Watch

Harvey Birdman

Ultimate Alliance 2

Red Dead Revolver

Spawn

Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Max Payne 2

Marvel Alliance x2

Silent Hill 2

Star Wars Bounty Hunters

The Punisher

Ultimate Spiderman

Contra Shattered soldier

GTA: Liberty and Vice City /Stories

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

Let me know if anyone wants to trade or whatever I will test it before I send it :)

I went to a whole lot of Gamestops and managed to pick up a lot of games on my wish list. Of the 7 I went to, only the last one actually had any CIB but I got a nice haul from there. The only ones I couldn't find were Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, any .Dot Hack, Rule of Rose, Dark Alliance 2, and Rogue Galaxy. I should of bought them ages ago, I would of gladly paid full price for any of those titles.

A store that I went to had Jurassic Park: OP and Dark Alliance 2 in stock so I tried to place them for instore pickup so nobody else grabs them....and ironically that alerted an employee that they had those in stock so he went ahead and grabbed them for himself. Go me!

CIB
Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2 $3.37
Tekken 5 $3.37
Digimon World: Data Squad $2.93 (Missing instructions)
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus $2.25
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves $2.25
Trivial Pursuit $1.57
Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Zombie Ninja Pro-Am $1.13
Gun $1.13
True Crime: Streets of LA $0.67
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 $0.67
The Sopranos $0.67
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $0.45 (Missing instructions)
Hitman Contracts $0.45
SSX $0.45 (GH)
Starsky & Hutch FREE

Disc Only
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 $4.50
Disgaea 2 $4.50
Atlier Iris 3 $2.93
Magna Carta $2.93
Dawn of Mana $2.25
Suikoden Tactics $1.13
Dynasty Tactics 2 $1.13
Grand Theft Auto 3 $1.13
Rayman 2 $1.13
Rayman Arena $0.90
Heroes of Might and Magic $0.90
Yakuza $0.90
Unlimited SaGa $0.90
Viewtiful Joe $0.45
Viewtiful Joe 2 $0.90
Armored Core 2: Another Age $0.67
Dai Senryaku VII Exceed $0.67
Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy $0.67
Galerians: ASH $0.45
Phantasy Star Universe $0.45
Warriors of Might and Magic $0.45
Dino Stalker $0.45
GunGriffon Blaze $0.45
Gundam: Federation Vs. Zeon $0.67
Gundam: Zeonic Front $0.45
Worms 3D $0.45
Sheperd's Crossing $0.45
DICE: DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises $0.45
Chulip $0.45
Legend of Alon D'ar $0.45
Bard's Tale: Song of the Bard $0.45
Taito Legends 2 $0.45
S.L.A.I. Steel Lancer Arena International $0.45
Hard Hitter Tennis FREE

I got a bunch of stuff for about 12 bucks today. Should have been less cause a copy of friends that I got had a Lotr: aragorns quest sticker on it so I paid $2.25 for something that should have been free but I got 6 games at that gamestop for free so I'm not going to cause a fuss.

I pretty much got....

5 copies of friends cib (going to gut them and use the cases)
Underground jam pack cib (going to use the case)

Disc only

Monster rancher evo
Tribes aerial assault
Raw damage
Fatal fury battle archives vol.2
Art of fighting anthology

3 network adapters.
Is the promo for PS2 games and hardware? I already have a Network Adapter but I could probably uses some extra controllers for parts.

Is the promo for PS2 games and hardware? I already have a Network Adapter but I could probably uses some extra controllers for parts.
Used hardware as well I assume. People in this thread said they've been getting multitaps and controllers. The network adapters were $ .50 cents a piece for me.

Went back again to exchange my COD2: Big Red One disc that was scratched to hell. Ended up only getting Mana Khemia: Alchemist of Al-Revis in addition to my previous haul.

Everything else I wanted didn't show up when I checked inventory on the website. Noticed a huge stack of PS2 games behind the counter. I'm guessing those were all games other people called in to have put on hold.   

Added to my haul from previous post:

Baroque (with manual)

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

Dawn of Mana

Dokapon Kingdom (CIB)

Eternal Poison

Gladius

Guy Game (Sadly mint in box...likely terrible in an all ways game...hopefully get my 1.50 fun out of it!)

Heavenly Guardian

Innocent Life

Katamari Damacy (Box missing manual)

Monster Lab

Nobunaga's Ambition

Phantom Brave 

Shadows of Rome 

Soul Nomad

Spartan: Total Warrior (CIB)

Only game I really wanted that I couldn't find at all was Magna Carta and Grandia 3, I'll just have to get them later likely.

Good haul overall and most were games I wanted to play and never did! Done with this sale in my area, and now to not go into Gamestop for like 6-7 months again heh.

Finally got in a bit more on this deal. 

Today I got:

Ape Escape 3 w/Box

Rampage Total Destruction w/Box

Bombastic (CD only)

Dark Cloud (CD only)

What would be a reasonable price for a PS2 slim? A friend wants one but I'm not sure at what price he should buy it...
You might find one on Craigslist for $20-30. Also if you know of any pawn shops around you that have older games, they'll probably sell you one for 20 at most.

[quote name="Ravensfan93" post="11458344" timestamp="1390194347"]You might find one on Craigslist for $20-30. Also if you know of any pawn shops around you that have older games, they'll probably sell you one for 20 at most.[/quote] ok, thanks.

Went back again to exchange my COD2: Big Red One disc that was scratched to hell. Ended up only getting Mana Khemia: Alchemist of Al-Revis in addition to my previous haul.

Everything else I wanted didn't show up when I checked inventory on the website. Noticed a huge stack of PS2 games behind the counter. I'm guessing those were all games other people called in to have put on hold.
A gamestop employee told me they got to count inventory on the PS2 games (edit- which is a giving if you ever worked retail), so they could of just been sitting there for that reason. They want the games gone.

Came out with a boat load of games see below:

Grandia Extreme

Mana Khemia

Musashi

Radiata stories

SMT: Nocturne

Valkyria Profile 2

Chaos Legion

Indigo Prophecy

Legia 2

Freedom Fighters

Evil Dead Fist Full of Broomstick

DJ Vendetta

Predator Concrete jungle

Gungrave

Manhunt

Dark Watch

Harvey Birdman

Ultimate Alliance 2

Red Dead Revolver

Spawn

Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Max Payne 2

Marvel Alliance x2

Silent Hill 2

Star Wars Bounty Hunters

The Punisher

Ultimate Spiderman

Contra Shattered soldier

GTA: Liberty and Vice City /Stories

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

Let me know if anyone wants to trade or whatever I will test it before I send it :)
I love Valkyrie Profile, great game. Really need a third one.

So I went to a store and they let me go thru their PS2 drawers in the back room! I know they dont have any rare stuff like rare RPGs or anything but I am simply looking for games to fill my collection up more as well as complete a few series where i am missing 1 or 2 games from a series such as Jak & Daxter, Tak, or Ty. But today they're gonna let me go thru their 4 remaining drawers (they need to have multiple coverage so someone can be in the back with me while I flip thru. I only had a few min yesterday when I went so I only had time to go thru their A-D drawer). They had a Chaos Wars and a Dark Cloud 2 (i already own them CIB and mint condition) but they were both really scratched up which was a shame. I'd have goten them to maybe trade with fellow CAGs. But if I see anything of note and it's good condition I still may do that on my final adventure in this 75% off madness.

I am just very sad that the sale doesn't work online. You'd think the company would do it cuz I'm sure they have warehouses full of games too.

If it was online, 1) All the good games would be gone in a matter of minutes and 2) Everyone would be bitching because where do you think all their defective games go? You didn't think this one through.

So appearantly Gamestop does not accept returns on PS2 games. I went to return a couple of games and I got some new employee that went ahead and gave me a refund but then the manager seemed pissed off and started complaining about how the PS2 games sales are final. No one told me that the sales were final when I bought the games.

So appearantly Gamestop does not accept returns on PS2 games. I went to return a couple of games and I got some new employee that went ahead and gave me a refund but then the manager seemed pissed off and started complaining about how the PS2 games sales are final. No one told me that the sales were final when I bought the games.
I'm pretty sure they are lying to you.

The manager told me its been that way since September of last year. But I guess it doesnt matter I got my money back anyways
The manager is full of it. All PS2 games can be returned to any gamestop within 7 days of purchase and the policy hasn't changed. What ever he claims, is wrong pure and simple.

Nope ps2 games are no different. 7 days for refund and 30 days for exchange. And I actually got refunded after 7 days since they couldn't find another copy nearby.

bread's done
Back