PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

Well thats true some may be scratched but as others said they can be returned still. So i'd take the chance sometimes if he online price was the same. Theyd get rid of them fast as someone buying a $0.45 game might not care if the copy they got was busted up and just toss it.

anyone know of any gamestops in north east ohio that still have them ps2 games? Last time I looked I couldn't find any within a 10 mile radius so If anyone lives in the area I'd benefit from your knowledge.

Got MVP NCAA 2006 and what an awesome PS2 game. Very fun to play, much different than the

newer games, but playing college is a blast.

anyone know of any gamestops in north east ohio that still have them ps2 games? Last time I looked I couldn't find any within a 10 mile radius so If anyone lives in the area I'd benefit from your knowledge.
I hit most of the stores within a 45 mile radius of Sandusky, Ohio and got the majority of good games they had in stock.

no ofense but this is 2014 this wuld have been a good deal 10 years ago but evne the local homeles shelter prob upgraded 2 ps3 systems last year. and half of the game prob r sscratch up and dont owrk. theres a reason y these r 75% off cus no 1 play ps2 ne more it is just hoarding if u buy these i didntplay my ps2 in many year the last game i buyed was persona 4 and that was it.
offense but year 2013+1 does say pStwo is deal gud beecuz i not homeless lmao i use playstashun to listen 2 mp3 dvdrs burnt from dads dell dude he got a dell.

-smart me

I went for my final trip to gamestop for this sale and got a ton of stuff. The employees were nice enough to let me go in their back room, with one of them of course, and go thru alll their ps2 games. I got some great stuff (all disc only):

MvC2
Unlimited saga
wild arms 3
Wild arms 4
Dragonquest viii
viewtiful joe 1&2

I got tons tons more games like most the ratchet and clank, all 4 Tak games and all 3 Ty games. Got the other maximo i needed. The army of zin. Hell i even helped find 3 wii games and one ps3 game mixed in their stuff. Haha went very well. I even got 8 ps2 mem cards fot $0.42 each. He said i could get them for 50 cents each so he kept ringing in a coupon to drop it from $1.75 but they went to 42 cents so he said whatever. Good times

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude how much do you waste on this it seems like everyday you buy a bunch lol
ehhh I get him...it can actually be really fun digging / searching around for this stuff. I know its kinda become my hobby too as Ive already bought ~200 games from this sale; if he enjoys doing it I see no harm. Also keep in mind that this is the lowest ps2 games are going to get. I can easily see some of this stuff start skyrocketing in price now that GS wont have them anymore. Think of the PSX games after GS clearanced them...theyre all way more expensive than they were.

ehhh I get him...it can actually be really fun digging / searching around for this stuff. I know its kinda become my hobby too as Ive already bought ~200 games from this sale; if he enjoys doing it I see no harm. Also keep in mind that this is the lowest ps2 games are going to get. I can easily see some of this stuff start skyrocketing in price now that GS wont have them anymore. Think of the PSX games after GS clearanced them...theyre all way more expensive than they were.
True but the PS2 sold way more than the PSX so the value isnt going to jump up that high for the games only a certain amount of them

True but the PS2 sold way more than the PSX so the value isnt going to jump up that high for the games only a certain amount of them
But there is a finite quantity.

No more are being made. If they are taken out of the secondary market stores (Gamestop) they are then in the hands of private owners who can then control the market at will.

And no all games won't skyrocket in price but some of them will.

I collect video games. Thats why i do it. Lol i ha e probably gotten 150-200 as well thru this sale. I dont normall buy disc based games without a case but when some of these are $0.45 to $2 on average then i am all for it. Plus i got some rpgs and a marvel vs capcom i can flip on ebay to regain some money i spent all while making the games get out from a shelf and into the hands of someone who wants them. :)

I couldnt pass up the sale especially when i make friends easy and managed to get employees to let me in the back room and go thru every single ps2 game they had (and as i said i helped find non-ps2 games lost in there too lol). I am near a store that last time wouldnt print me a list, but i noticed heir ps2 games are on the far end of their counter where the opening to their back counter is. So i might work my charm to see if i can get them to let me have a look. If i name drop employees and mention i collect games and plan to buy a bunch, they seem to not mind at all. We shall se around 3:30pm. Ill keep you guys posted on my final advenure. Lol

But there is a finite quantity.

No more are being made. If they are taken out of the secondary market stores (Gamestop) they are then in the hands of private owners who can then control the market at will.

And no all games won't skyrocket in price but some of them will.
All of the non-Square Enix JRPG's are already climbing in price. The .hack series is the new Panzer Dragoon/Earthbound.

No such luck at the store i went to today. The guy wouldnt let me flip thru the ps2 game drawer like they did in the store i went to last night. Sucks too cuz i know they have a decent amount of stuff rotting uselessly in the drawer. I get why he didnt let me though, cuz i dont work there and he isnt the manager so its all good. I grabbed one of the many cib spiderman friend or foes they had and called it a day cuz i already checked what they had on the shelves a week ago and still same suff. I really wish all my stores put them all on the shelves like one location did. I couldve unburdened them by grabbing another 50 games. Oh well. Lol

i guess they thnk people are going to specifically ask for the games, not realizing they will sell so much faster on the shelves as an impulse buy. Sure some kids may steal here and there but its a damn cheap sale and the neighborhoods are good neighborhoods at all the stores i went to. I mean i wouldnt normally buy like an old moto gp game.. but you put it there for like $0.45 then i will get it on principle alone (and did for much of the stuff i got).

No such luck at the store i went to today. The guy wouldnt let me flip thru the ps2 game drawer like they did in the store i went to last night. Sucks too cuz i know they have a decent amount of stuff rotting uselessly in the drawer. I get why he didnt let me though, cuz i dont work there and he isnt the manager so its all good. I grabbed one of the many cib spiderman friend or foes they had and called it a day cuz i already checked what they had on the shelves a week ago and still same suff. I really wish all my stores put them all on the shelves like one location did. I couldve unburdened them by grabbing another 50 games. Oh well. Lol

i guess they thnk people are going to specifically ask for the games, not realizing they will sell so much faster on the shelves as an impulse buy. Sure some kids may steal here and there but its a damn cheap sale and the neighborhoods are good neighborhoods at all the stores i went to. I mean i wouldnt normally buy like an old moto gp game.. but you put it there for like $0.45 then i will get it on principle alone (and did for much of the stuff i got).
Yup in one store they were like the same thing, one even said he could take out the drawer but he said hes out of shape

Well, if you just want to know what your stores have, you can ask them to print out their entire ps2 inventory list. Then you can circle the ones you want and let them do the job. Just keep in mind the list is not up-to-date, and some employees may need a pair of glasses. (last week, I got one guy who somehow managed to miss 3 copies of Ace Combat 5 and told me they didn't have it.)

Exchanged the defective copy of Sly 2 and picked up 10 games today, two of them don't work so I'll exchange them for different games or see if a different store has them.

Jak II - defective

Jak 3

Medal of Honor: European Assault

Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection

Rapala Pro Fishing

Ratchet and Clank - defective

Ratchet: Deadlocked

SSX

As trclamp said this list isn't up-to-date and the GS employee who helped me admiited to that. Thankfully at the two stores I've been to they haven't gone nuts while looking to see if the games I ask about are in-stock.

Got Rogue Galaxy and Silent Hill 2 today at the Gamestop off bannister road in KC. I went there a while back and asked if they had any games in a drawer and they said no, went back today and not only did they say no again but apparently the store closes on Sunday. Oh well, at least got those two.

I wish I could find a single PS2 game CIB but not a chance around here, I'm jealous of some of you guys.

Only one of the 3 stores that had PS 2 games would print it out for me. The 2 that said no said it would bee too many pages to print for me. Plus I doubt they would look for all the games very hard for me and just say "I couldn't find such and such" nor would they grab a copy and check every copy of that game to get the least scratched one as I would (and did). lol Sure I may not care if the game has a book or box (well I care but I can get past it), but I care if it's beat to hell.

So after all my adventures to and from these 3 gamestops, I amassed a total 245 PS2 games. 66 with cases (most with booklets but maybe 10 or so without; 1 with a generic Gamestop case and no book), and 179 Disc only games. I also grabbed 5 non-PS2 games (2 wii, 2 PS3, 1 X360) cuz they were $4.99 or less anyway) for a total of exactly 250 games bought in the last 2 weeks.

I did accidentally also buy 3 games i already owned previously (Warhammer fire warrior, S.L.A.I., and Ratchet Deadlocked greatest hits edition; all disc only). Luckily the Duplicate Ratchet i got wasn't a black label copy so I'll just sell or trade the GH copy and keep the black labeled one. I also bought those handful of RPGs I mentioned before as well as an MvC2 so I can probably make back a good $20 total, lessening the cost. So I technically bought more than 250, but the 250 are the ones I am keeping so that's what counts.

I spent a total of $302.91 (that includes those 5 non-ps2 games which was roughly $17 and the 8 PS2 mem cards at $0.42 ea. for about $4 after taxes). Now that may seem like a lot of money, but since I limit myself to $100 a month on gaming it works out. I didn't buy anything in December, January I bought these games at about $303 and nothing else, and Feb only has Bravely Default (which I used existing Amazon points to pay off so no money spent there) and there's no other games I NEED to have on their launch days until say March or April, it didn't take a hit to my normal monthly gaming limit. I mean sure there's games I want to get from Feb-April but none that I can't wait a few months to find on sale later in the year.

So it all worked out in the end not to mention after I sell MvC2, Nocturne, Dragon Quest VIII, Unlimited Saga, Wild Arms 3, Wild Arms 4, Warhammer 40000 Fire Warrior, S.L.A.I., Ratchet Deadlocked (GH), Hot Shots Tennis, and Yu-Yu-Hakusho Dark Tournament, not to mention 16 random original Xbox games my friend gave to me (he gave me 32 original Xbox games, I already owned 16, so he said just do whatever i want with the rest since he has no use for them and said he can't be bothered to sell 16 Xbox games), I'll have recouped roughly $20-40 so not too bad.

My game collection is now at a whopping 2,963 games. Yowza! Maybe I can hit 3,000 in 2014!

Wow. That's a lot of games! I wish I didn't have to sell most of mine a couple years ago. I might be interested in the xbox games. PM me if you feel like it.

Grimm, do you manage to play your games, or do you mostly just collect? Also, you're long overdue for providing us some pics of your collection.

hmm I spent 200+ for 80ish PS2 games, and I've visited 12 gamestops for the past week. I still don't have all the Shin Megami Tensei/Suikoden/Kingdom Hearts games. I'll prolly return and rebuy everything with the 25% off preowned coupon tomorrow lol.

Oh btw, anyone else got extra games in the yellow sleeves? I got like 6 or 7 sleeves that come with an extra game lol. I guess it's just mindless gamestop employees putting 2 games into 1 sleeve. :D/

I recently got a complete copy of Dragon Quest VIII without demo, disc only Final Fantasy XII (I already have the gold case version), and a memory card. Spent about $6.40, though if it were 2006 I would've spent $20 anyway. Accessories are a bigger pain in the butt to find, as despite the stock checker saying there are memory cards or network adapters at x location, they only have the one or two.

I am quite overdue with providing some imagery. lol Well i just now finished cataloging my haul from gamestop last night. My collection, sadly, isnt very presentable as its crammed on 2 shelves and then PS3/Wii/360/Wii U/PSP games are in a separate shelf. But my shelf with my PS2/Xbox/DC/PS1/Genesis/Sega CD games is obscure by a small mountain of larger collectors editions, a smaller stack of Xbox games, and all my blu ray movies. And my GC/DS/3DS/N64/NES/SNES/ shelf is mostly hidden behind some smaller shelves I have that contain all my gaming controllers mem cards and whatnot.

So I need to do some rearranging in order to take pics. I'll have to do that within the month I guess cuz it is a lot of work. I also need another CD case that can hold 87 more Disc Only games as my only large case that fits 92 discs is full after alphabetizing and putting some games in there last night. lol

This will be my new project now that this is over (unless it hits 90% off where I will get more stragglers that I didn't bother or think to get) lol But yea while my collection is impressive total wise, it is not at all impressive viewing/display wise. To answer your question I probably collect more than I play since I primarily, currently anyway, play current games. My next one is Last of Us that I got for Xmas and on the 3DS  am playing Link between worlds.

Yea man i saw zero spyro games in the 3 stores i went to and oddly i own zero for ps2. Same for crash bandicoot stuff which i only saw nitro kart and twinsanity. Some had onimusha 1-3 but no 4 (i own all of them already anyway), and i got the tmnt game and the tmnt smash up game but there were none of the other tmnt related games at any of them either. I did get all 4 Tak games and all 3 Ty games which was cool. I got all but the original ratchet and clank game itself too for that series. Overall i got good stuff. Good luck to you.

i just got back from my local gamestop, didn't bother to check the other one due to the time i spent at the first one, but my haul is pretty nice.

MvC2

Persona 4

Wild Arms 4

twisted metal head on

ms saga: a new dawn

world heroes anthology

adventurs of cookie and cream

DBZ budokai 3

atelier iris 2

gundam: encounters in space

gundam: journey to jaburo

Phantom Brave

Summoner

Summoner 2

La Pucelle tactics

Magna Carta

Samurai Western

they also had 2 copies of silent hill 3 if anyone wants me to grab them.

and these last 2 were kinda odd

007 everything or nothing

jurrasic park: operation genesis

those two are odd ducks because they are both PAL format...

bad thing is, the only game they didn't have that i REALLY wanted was sakura wars.

i scoured thier stuff and found nothing, last i saw it was about 1-2 months ago and if it was bought it wouldn't be in the system.

if anyone finds a copy i would like to trade and would be grateful as well.

Just got some of the discs I got from this sale resurfaced and found out that they work, just not on my PS2. Now I need to either get another PS2 or backwards-compatible version of the PS3.

i just got back from my local gamestop, didn't bother to check the other one due to the time i spent at the first one, but my haul is pretty nice.

MvC2

Persona 4

Wild Arms 4

twisted metal head on

world heroes anthology

DBZ budokai 3

atelier iris 2

Phantom Brave

Summoner

Summoner 2

La Pucelle tactics

Magna Carta

Samurai Western

bad thing is, the only game they didn't have that i REALLY wanted was sakura wars.

i scoured thier stuff and found nothing, last i saw it was about 1-2 months ago and if it was bought it wouldn't be in the system.

I want silent hill 3 were they boxed??

MvC2

Persona 4

Wild Arms 4

twisted metal head on

world heroes anthology

DBZ budokai 3

atelier iris 2

Phantom Brave

Summoner

Summoner 2

La Pucelle tactics

Magna Carta

Samurai Western

I bought a copy of sakura wars online from gamestop but it was missing a disc. I contacted them and they sent a replacement copy. Turns out the game has an English disc and a Japanese language disc. I'll see if I still have it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

good joke friend... good joke

no, they weren't, im sure almost all gamestops in my area through out ALL their boxes unless they were new ps2 games.
Lol some gamestop have them boxed i got persona 4 and digital devil saga boxed and some other games

You think that's odd, several years back when my local Tower Records was going out of business I was looking to see what games they had. It was mostly crap, but then something caught my eye - a complete in case mint Final Fantasy X International. Yep, the Japaense version. I bought it just because it was such a weird find (and I'm a FFX nut :p ).

Jak II and Ratchet and Clank - returned for store credit refund

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 - used store credit and paid  five cents for the difference

My haul from the sale sale so far

Def Jam Vendetta

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Jak 3

Medal of Honor: European Assault

Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection

Rapala Pro Fishing

Ratchet: Deadlocked

Sly Cooper Series

SSX

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Tony Hawk's Underground

Looking for
Avp extinction
Nightmare before Christmas
TmNT 1-3
Time splitters 2-3
Star wars bombad racing
Silent hill shattered memories
Neo contra
Mm x7
Mmx8
Resident evil dead aim and outbreak
Any spyro
Ratchet going commando

I'll buy these or hunt you something in my area.
Marvel vs cap com 2 is $9 in my area and available

Looking for
Avp extinction
TmNT 1-3
Time splitters 2-3
Star wars bombad racing
Neo contra
Mm x7
Mmx8
Any spyro
Ratchet going commando

Is there any xenosaga or .hack games

So I finally hit my first store last night (dunno why I slept on this deal so long) and came away pretty good.  Got the 2 of the 3 PS2 SH games I was missing (SH3 & Shattered Memories, only missing Origins now) a few RPGs I didn't have and some other survival horror games I had been looking for.  I also grabbed a couple of RPGs that I already had in case someone else was looking for them & wanted to trade - if no one expresses any interest in them I'll return them in a few days:

Grim Grimoire

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (I *think* it's Twilight, I'll check & make sure when I get home)

I'm pretty much looking for any RPGs, survival horror games or quirky games I don't already have.  I'll check lists or what have you - I'm pretty easy when it comes to trades.  :)  PM me if anyone is interested.  

Looking for
Avp extinction
TmNT 1-3
Time splitters 2-3
Star wars bombad racing
Neo contra
Mm x7
Mmx8
Any spyro
Ratchet going commando

Unless you have an old CRT TV the light guns for some of those games won't work :/ so you would be stuck with the controller.

I've found a couple so far including an Ico.
it depends on where you are and if the employees kept the boxes for the expensive games.

my mvc2 came in a beat up gamestop case and everything else was sleeves.

they had a boxed budokai 3 last i saw, but im assuming they through out the cases.

i'm grabbing what i can for DS games case wise, lucky for me, most of my gamestops just give me the cases.

i wish i knew about this when it started because now all the good games are AT LEAST 40+ miles away from me and i really hate that gamestop can't let you buy stuff over the phone and ship it to you. i'm not driving 2 hours one way to NYC for a game thank you.

Are you guys getting normal points? I remember when someone was buying the 2 cents games, they said they were getting some crazy huge points for it.

Stopped by Gamestop again. Happened to be in that strip center. Was pretty much picked clean. There were some copies of DDR and Guitar Hero, but not much beyond that. I did impulse buy a copy of Nobunga's Ambition: The Iron Triangle for $2.50 though.

bread's done
Back