PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

Unless you have an old CRT TV the light guns for some of those games won't work :/ so you would be stuck with the controller.
I do have an old CRT in my garage. Dead Aim has alternate controls for a controller I think. None of the others are light gun.

I found 4 boxed games. Ffx,Shaun Palmers snowboarding, nitro kart, and size matters.

I can call to see if those two are available. It showed online before they opened but who knows now.

Also 2 cent games ring up as free

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Gamestops just don't seem to keep track of their inventory. One had a couple games I wanted and they told me it was updated on that day, but they just didn't have them. I asked if they sold them and the employee said he was there all day and they didn't sell any PS2 games. Just annoyed, because I called ahead and they said they had some of the games.

Question: can you return the used games to any Gamestop if they don't work or does it have to be the location you bought them from?

It can be returned to any Gamestop store, though might be nicer to return it to a store that's selling several PS2 games. You'll have 7 days for just regular used games that are working. You have 30 days if it's defective.

So my gamestop has around 500 ps3 games in stock.

Any of you guys have a good number of recommendations?

o-o

All I have right now is megaman x collection and megaman legends lol

Honestly would try any of ones you guys recommend, will get it if they have it tbh.

I'm looking up a list just to take with me :p
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty or Substance

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater or Subsistence

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2

Indigo Prophecy

Xenosaga Episodes 1-3

Tekken Tag Tournament

Tekken 4 & 5

Splinter Cell series

Medal of Honor series

Def Jam Vendetta

SSX series

Sly Cooper series

Jak and Daxter series

Ratchet and Clank series

Ico

Shadow of the Colossus

God of War 1 & 2

Black

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Crow: City of Angels
my favorite game to speedrun!

i found another buried gem of a store i'm going to visit tomorrow, but there are at least 3 or so stores that have 1-2 games i want and they are all at least 30 mi away from me. I really hate this, everything i want is in NJ or NY and im not driving that far for 1 or 2 games =/

So I did an online hold request for a game and got confirmation. I then called and the guy confirmed over the phone. I drove to the store and the guy said they sold it. Bastards.

Same day I call another store 40 minutes from previous store guy confirms they have 4 games I want and is holding them. I drive to the store and when I get there he said when he went to break the other guy sold them. F'n pissed.

I go to my local store and complain to the manager and tell him I'm going to contact the DM who I know how to reach. Manager is cool and calls 3 stores 99 miles away and has 13 games shipped to his store for me.

I still can't get
Tmnt smash up
Mega man x7
Shattered memories
Star wars super bombard racing
Neo contra
Tmnt 2003 animated
Tmnt 2 battle nexus
Tmnt 3 whatever the subtitle is
Dead aim
Spyro hero's tail
Dawn of the dragon
Eternal night.

The two stores that f'd me have dragon quest 8 and xenosaga episode 1. These aren't the games I went there for as i went there Wednesday which was before the request post. I Dont mind getting these for people but the stores are 40 miles apart and incompetent.

So I did an online hold request for a game and got confirmation. I then called and the guy confirmed over the phone. I drove to the store and the guy said they sold it. Bastards.

Same day I call another store 40 minutes from previous store guy confirms they have 4 games I want and is holding them. I drive to the store and when I get there he said when he went to break the other guy sold them. F'n pissed.

I go to my local store and complain to the manager and tell him I'm going to contact the DM who I know how to reach. Manager is cool and calls 3 stores 99 miles away and has 13 games shipped to his store for me.

I still can't get
Tmnt smash up
Mega man x7
Shattered memories
Neo contra
Tmnt 2003 animated
Tmnt 2 battle nexus
Dead aim
Spyro hero's tail
Dawn of the dragon
Eternal night.

The two stores that f'd me have dragon quest 8 and xenosaga episode 1. These aren't the games I went there for as i went there Wednesday which was before the request post. I Dont mind getting these for people but the stores are 40 miles apart and incompetent.
Damn that sucks because you had them on hold and even called for verification

I have 3 duplicates now that are up for trade if anyone is interested.  If not, they're going back this weekend so PM me fast if you want them.  They are:

Grim Grimoire (someone here said they wanted it, I PM'd them & never got a reply)

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

Nightmare Before Christmas

I still can't get
Tmnt smash up
Mega man x7
Shattered memories
Neo contra
Tmnt 2003 animated
Tmnt 2 battle nexus
Dead aim
Spyro hero's tail
Dawn of the dragon
Eternal night.

i could get you

shattered memories

bombad racing

neo contra

dead aim

heroes tail

and one or two of those others at my local GS

the TMNT 2 and 3 games are at least 50+ miles from me and MMX 7 isn't even within 100 miles.

i wish they just put this stuff online and be done with it, only bad thing is anything good would be gone within the first 5-10 mins.

EDIT: scratch shatted memories, my local just sold it. nearest one now is 43 miles away.

Didn't find them at my stops, but if anybody found the two Ar Tonelico games, I would love to work something out. 

Can trade just about any from my list that I found, or something else. Let me know if you have them!

I have 3 duplicates now that are up for trade if anyone is interested. If not, they're going back this weekend so PM me fast if you want them. They are:

Grim Grimoire (someone here said they wanted it, I PM'd them & never got a reply)

Nightmare Before Christmas
I'm interested in Grim Grimoire, if the first guy never gets back in touch with you...

what a bust today was for one game i wanted

i found a copy of xenosaga 3, but it was scrached to all hell.

other than that i found:

digimon world data squad

eureka seven vol 2

gundam vs zeta gundam

gungrave

gungrave overdose

onimusha 4

radiata stories

armored core nine breaker

mana khemia 2

deus ex

warriors orochi 2

timesplitters future perfect

still 2 games in my area i can get and then i've picked it completely clean.

Went to a different store and picked up (all either disc only or generic box unfortunately):

Deus Ex

Devil May Cry 2

Final Fantasy XII

Katamari Damacy

Max Payne

Onimusha 3

Persona 4

The Punisher

Silent Hill 2

Tenchu Wrath of Heaven

Still no luck finding Grandia II, if anyone finds one send me a PM and maybe we can work out a trade or paypal deal.

I had another great score today.  Not a complete list, but some of the highlights were:

Baldur's Gate: DA

Persona 3 FES

Fatal Frame 3 (I already had the first two, so was very happy to find this)

Shadow of Rome

FF7: Dirge of Cerberus

Mega Man X Collection

And several more.  I may not have managed to get everything I was looking for so far in this sale, but I'm extremely pleased with what I *have* managed to get.  On a side note, today's store was one I rarely go to because it's about a 30 min drive away.  The guys working there were...strange.  I asked them where the PS2 games were, since the other 2 local stores have had them on the floor and one of the guys says they're behind the counter.  I ask if I can see them & he says to the other guy "show him the list."  I'm thinking to myself that I don't WANT to see a list because I want to be able to look at the disks, but before I can say anything the other guy mumbles something about the list being wrong & how they've just been letting people look.  So he puts them on the counter, but the entire time I'm going through them he's just staring at me.  Like he thought I was going to bolt out the door with a stack of $1.50 games.   :roll:

dude. i just had some games transferred from a store about 90 miles away. they had grandia 2. 34 hours too late man
what did you have transferred? i might try it, but last time during the gamecube sale i didn't get several games i wanted, including stuff like cubivore and fire emblem.

Got a pretty good score. Got a .Hack Infection that actually came with the anime disc and it is in great shape. Both look very lightly used. $2.50.

I picked up a couple games that I was meh about, but this was a nice score.

I had one store with a handful of decent titles, then two more of nothing but shovelware crap. Fun's over in the Modesto, CA area.

Be nice to the people there and ask for them to print you off a list of their ps2 games. A few stores near me had games that they didn't have cases for. :D

find a game you want, go to a store where they like you and ask them to transfer it. they'll call and have it shipped to their store.
However, it's YMMV. There are some stores that won't ship it unless it's a bulk order. Tried to get a game this way earlier in the deal, but the carrying store replied with that they would do it if they could ship 40 other games with it which the receiving store wasn't willing to do.

Edit: Though now I wonder if that would still be the case if I had asked a store that was already carry hundreds of PS2 games to do it. Though I've only visited those stores a few times.

OK I have the following duplicates left I'm looking to trade.  Also, I have no interest in selling, I'm looking to pickup stuff that isn't available in my area.  The games I have are:

Grim Grimoire

Shadow of Rome

SMT: Nocturne

Tales of the Abyss

Magna Carta

Here are a few I'm still looking for - there are more, but this is a good starting point:

Sky Gunner

Crimson Sea II

Crimson Tears

Sky Odyssey

Obscure (original, not The Aftermath)

Dawn of Mana

Y's: Ark of Napishtim

Shining Tears

Ar Tonelico 1 or 2

Haunting Ground

Wild Arms (any other than 3)

Spyro (any other than Enter The Dragonfly and The Eternal Night)

Shadow Hearts: From The New World

EDIT:  And on the topic of transfers, I'm friends w/ the manager of the GS I frequent most often.  I asked him if he could transfer a small list of games from another store about 50 miles away.  He said he would call them, but it's completely up to that store whether or not they want to transfer them.  

Got Silent Hill Origins, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 4 The Room, and Silent Hill Shattered Memories today.

Girlfriend picked up Sakura Wars and Katamari Damaci.

Not too bad overall but never could find a dang copy of MvC2, got one more Gamestop to check on Wednesday.

Ironically enough since the Game stop I went to today closed today, they gave out a 20% off coupon valid for any purchase made at a couple other select stores which includes the one I'll be checking Wednesday.

Got Silent Hill Origins, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 4 The Room, and Silent Hill Shattered Memories today.

Girlfriend picked up Sakura Wars and Katamari Damaci.

Not too bad overall but never could find a dang copy of MvC2, got one more Gamestop to check on Wednesday.

Ironically enough since the Game stop I went to today closed today, they gave out a 20% off coupon valid for any purchase made at a couple other select stores which includes the one I'll be checking Wednesday.
I forgot all about origins. I really should try and find a copy. Sucks about the gamestop

Forgot to post this.  Went on an amazing journey and it turned out pretty good

CIB
Dark Cloud $1.35
Dark Cloud 2 $5.63
Sakura Wars $4.05 (Complete, outerbox, all extras)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters $4.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $1.80
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $4.05
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories $4.05 (GH)
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus $2.93
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 $2.93 (Missing instructions)
Dragon Quest VIII $2.25
Warriors Orochi $2.25
Resident Evil Outbreak $2.25
Bully $2.25
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi $2.25
Burnout Revenge $2.25 (Missing instructions)
Culdcept $1.57
Devil May Cry 2 $1.57
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition $2.03
Tomb Raider Legend $1.57
Tomb Raider Anniversary $2.25
Battlestar Galactica $1.35
Thrillville: Off the Rails $1.35
Sly 2 $1.13 (GH)
Crazy Frog: Arcade Racer $0.67
Cold Winter $0.45
Onimusha $0.45
Haven: Call of the King $0.45
Eternal Ring FREE (Missing instructions)
Future Tactics FREE (Missing instructions)
SnoCross 2 FREE

Disc only
Xenosaga Episode 3 $4.50
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $3.37
Shadow Hearts: From the New World $2.93
Mana Khemia $2.93
Star Ocean: Til the end of Time $2.25
Baroque $2.25
Gundam Seed Never Ending Tomarrow $2.25
Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam $2.25
Red Dead Revolver $2.25
Bloody Roar 3 $1.80
Metal Slug 4 & 5 $1.57
Shining Tears $1.35
Wizardry $1.13
Legaia 2: Dual Saga $1.13
Samurai Western $0.67
Clock Tower 3 $1.35
Onimusha Blade Warriors $1.35
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age $1.35
Star Wars Battlefront $1.35
Klonoa 2 $1.13
Ku on $1.13
Hitman Blood Money $1.13
Sega Classics Collection $1.13
Super Dragon Ball Z $1.13
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $1.57
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories $2.25
Ultimate Spiderman $1.57
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 $0.67
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4 $4.50
Gallop Racer 2001 $0.45
Gallop Racer 2003: A New Breed $0.90
Gallop Racer 2004 $1.13
R-Type Final $0.45

I forgot all about origins. I really should try and find a copy. Sucks about the gamestop
Yeah, no big deal there are probably 15 more in a 20 minute radius here.

If you want origins let me know, I just grabbed it to grab it. My backlog is pretty ridiculous right now.

If you can still find them. Most have been shipped off to other stores.
Ugh, I want this to happen in my area soon. I've already been told of one store, forgot the other I was told, that's to receive the PS2 games of other stores which isn't a terrible drive for me. Better than driving to the many stores that have PS2 games in Orange County in California.

I would do that lovepig78, but the closest store near me either has something wrong with their inventory checker or has DQ8 really well hidden that neither I nor the employees could find in at least two searches through their PS2 games. After that, the closest place would take 40 minutes to go one-way.

I've had some more interest, so I've decided to hang onto my remaining duplicates & keep them up for trade if anyone's still interested.

That's awesome that someone managed to find that many games complete.  I haven't seen a complete PS2 game in this sale yet.  At least with a CAG picking them up they're probably going to a good home.  

Ugh, I want this to happen in my area soon. I've already been told of one store, forgot the other I was told, that's to receive the PS2 games of other stores which isn't a terrible drive for me. Better than driving to the many stores that have PS2 games in Orange County in California.

I would do that lovepig78, but the closest store near me either has something wrong with their inventory checker or has DQ8 really well hidden that neither I nor the employees could find in at least two searches through their PS2 games. After that, the closest place would take 40 minutes to go one-way.
Im from Orange County what are you looking for

Im from Orange County what are you looking for
Oh sorry, I guess my previous message could be misinterpreted. I actually live in Orange County, but since I live near the center of the county, I just hated driving in different directions to get the games I wanted. Though now just about all of Orange County is cleared of whatever I want and most of the stuff I do want I'd have to drive close to or by LA.

Oh sorry, I guess my previous message could be misinterpreted. I actually live in Orange County, but since I live near the center of the county, I just hated driving in different directions to get the games I wanted. Though now just about all of Orange County is cleared of whatever I want and most of the stuff I do want I'd have to drive close to or by LA.
So its a battle between you and me to get good games lol just playing yeah most good games are far from here more in LA

Just went to gamestop and got

Capcom Fighting Evolution

Heavenly Guardian

and a Logitech PS2 Controller Wireless

Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 

I still have some duplicates left, one last chance before I return them tomorrow.
Hmm. My local store said ps2 games are final sales already and cant be returned anymore. Not sure if its really true though. That is also why i try and pick the best looking cds before i purchase them.

Got the following today CIB! And seemed like they were in storage since they all look new and the cds looked unused:

Legend of kay
Marvel ultimate alliance
Digital devil saga
Ar tonelico 2
Sonic heroes
Bully
Dark cloud

Also i found a dualshock 2 controller that looked like it was transfered from its original packaging to gamestop's plastic storage. Pretty happy!

Employee said that a moorpark ca store was closing down and theyll be getting majority of its stock so i should check back with them in a day or 2 if they got some more ps2 games.

Wow, very jealous of that Ar Tonelico 2 CIB.  Nice find!

I've returned a few already.  Most were defective, one was a duplicate I didn't realize I already had.  The returns were split between 2 different stores and neither hesitated to take them back.  But I suppose if you get a manager that just didn't want to take them back he might give you issues - don't think it's a company policy or anything tho.  

With this sale I've bought probably 100 games, and I actually turned on my PS2 to play some, which is crazy.  Some of them, the graphics really aren't that bad.  The controls are different from what I'm used to now, but I'm getting back into it(stupid inverted x & y axis).  So I guess this was as good as anything for making me finally add and play through my backlog.

I have one more store to check which supposedly has a lot of the stuff I'm still looking for.  I'm hoping I can head down on Friday to take a look.  If they don't, it's probably for the best.  Still can't manage to get a copy of Ratchet: up your arsenal, or either of the star wars battlefronts which is just about the two most frustrating things I haven't found(though it took 4 stores to find Jak 3).

bread's done
Back