PS2: God Hand $9.99 at bestbuy in holiday bins!

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
saw 1 at $9.99 with the generic UPC white code on the back bestbuy is having a 10% off all games in the holiday bins. If you purchase anything in that bin it will ring up as holiday generic title on the receipt.

Be aware that if you want to return it something wrong goes with the game make sure to still have the generic UPC that is outside of the shrink wrap! removing it will make the game a bit of a hassle when returning.

Thanks for mentioning this - I forgot to post this same find a couple of weeks ago. There are lots of lame-o titles in the bins and point-of-sale standees there, but man, lots and lots of good ones, too! Many Capcom titles like the PSP arcade collections, SFA3, and Mega Man X were there for around $15, and lots of PS2 Greatest Hits like Sly Cooper's series for $9.99 each.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for mentioning this - I forgot to post this same find a couple of weeks ago. There are lots of lame-o titles in the bins and point-of-sale standees there, but man, lots and lots of good ones, too! Many Capcom titles like the PSP arcade collections, SFA3, and Mega Man X were there for around $15, and lots of PS2 Greatest Hits like Sly Cooper's series for $9.99 each.[/quote]

Yeah I found the gameplay to be kind of fun although the camera angles can be wack at some times. The humor is just hilarious

One of the best games for PS2 IMO. Visuals (for anything besides people) are a little bland but the combat & atmosphere is top-notch.

Dubbed as one the best games nobody played. It's truly 9/10. It's very funny, kind of like Kung Fu Hustle in that it's just random. A boss fight with 2 gay guys, gamble on Chihuahua racing, and ect...Don't pass it up.

Agreed. this is one of the best games on the PS2; I've played it so many times.

I do admit though that I have to use a controller with a turbo button when I play this - if only to protect my thumbs from falling off my hands :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for mentioning this - I forgot to post this same find a couple of weeks ago. There are lots of lame-o titles in the bins and point-of-sale standees there, but man, lots and lots of good ones, too! Many Capcom titles like the PSP arcade collections, SFA3, and Mega Man X were there for around $15, and lots of PS2 Greatest Hits like Sly Cooper's series for $9.99 each.[/quote]
Ya same here I was at a Bestbuy yesterday, my friend bought Far Cry 2 for $39.99 (he has rewardzone and another friend of mine was buying fc2 as well so he got 2 $10 giftcards). Anyways while he was searching for the game and paying for it I took a good look at the holiday bins, they had a few 360 titles such as NFS Carbon. Also games like Heatseeker (PS2) and many Xbox and DS games. The prices may not be the best deal you are getting on them, but at my BB the condition of the games were extradinory nice.

Is this game worth it? I was at my local Best Buy and they had it their too and I was debating. Any advice would be great. Thanks

most physically painful game I've ever played in my life. I literally had to stop because it hurt my wrist so much from tapping buttons.

The video sold me on it.

I'll have to pick it up if it's there the next time I go. *sigh* The backlog grows. D:

[quote name='WhiteLens']Just don't pay any attention to IGN's review and it should be a pretty enjoyable game.[/quote]

Honestly, the reviewer was is just an attention-whore IMO.

[quote name='jr233270']Is this game worth it? I was at my local Best Buy and they had it their too and I was debating. Any advice would be great. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was. The controls were pretty bad and the combat system isn't very good.

Still, for $10 you could probably do worse.

again, i HIGHLY recommend you play this game with a controller that has a turbo function - you'll like it a lot more. otherwise, i can understand where IGN and Gamespot are coming from on the long drawn out fights -- the turbo button helps IMMENSELY -- it's cheating, i suppose, but it dramatically increases the fun level because it actually makes encounters more reasonable

This game has always caugh my attention... I've often seen it at Best Buy for that price but always passed. Dammit. Next time I'm in a Best Buy I'll bite if I see it.

Finally bought Godhand this summer after seeing part of it played through on another site. Since then, I've beaten it about 4 times. While the fighting system is a lot of button-mashing, the game itself is a ridiculous amount of fun and it's got a uniquely warped sense of humor, as others have pointed out. Definitely worth the $10 or so it'll cost you.

It's also pretty difficult, at least until you get all the dodging down, but it's really rewarding when you finally become good at it.

Also, if you've played the game, you should check out enraiharuka's videos on Youtube. Best Godhamd player I've ever seen.

I found it for the same price not long ago at a Pamida.

For those that don't know, Pamida is the Wal-Mart style retail chain that crops up in places most big name stores wouldn't set foot in. Their prices are aweful and their list of titles are horribly inconsistant between stores, but sometimes they just have damn good games at rock bottem prices.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

[quote name='romeogbs19']again, i HIGHLY recommend you play this game with a controller that has a turbo function - you'll like it a lot more. [/QUOTE]

Don't listen to this...If you are good at fighting games or beat em ups like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and God of War then your skills are enough to make it through the game. If you can't grasp the concepts of when to defend or attack don't get this game. It's not fun for button smashers.

Thanks OP, found the only copy still on the shelf, rang up $10

EDIT: The 10% off might be YMMV, I didn't get such a discount.

Personally I hated it. Didn't know IGN gave it a bad review, but I'm glad someone did. Got stuck pretty fast in it.

Yep, that sounds like good advice. I'm DEFINITELY not into difficult games (except Viewtiful Joe, which for some reason I still loved...maybe because it was 2D, so still easier for me).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']God Hand is the best game on PS2.[/QUOTE]
QFT :)

I really enjoyed playing through it. When I played on Hard mode though, the game completely kicked my ass.

To the people who are worried God Hand isn't any good: props to Clover Studio, anyone? These are the people who made Okami -- what are the odds that one of the few games they ever made is completely without merit?

Even if it's a flawed game, it will be worth playing for the concept until your ten dollar bill runs out.

And really -- what's so intimidating about the DMC and God of War franchises? Amusingly tacky, yes. Incredibly difficult, no.

[quote name='fidgeteer']And really -- what's so intimidating about the DMC and God of War franchises? Amusingly tacky, yes. Incredibly difficult, no.[/quote]

DMC series even on normal (let's all forget 2 existed, shall we?) would hand the average player their head. God of War is a button masher's dream, only found it difficult when I went straight from Normal to Titan mode for the hell of it.

& I would seriously buy Okami again if Platinum Games releases a upgraded port for 360 along with extra content (Clover closed by Capcom > 3 directors came together & formed Seed Studios > changed name to Platinum Games in October I think). Would love to see it in beautiful 1080p on my 57" :) A PS3 version fine too but 360 is having a better time this gen IMO.

& yes, I know there is a Wii version but simple motion-sensing gimmicks that replaced regular buttons & removal of a couple of things ("canvas paper" look & the end credits) doesn't make that much of a difference.

I was at BB today so I picked up a copy of God Hand due to all the recommendations. I am not really into difficult games but I love twisted humor so I will give it a whirl. If I get stuck, I will smash my controller and then trade the game. ;)

Are people saying that the game is super difficult on even the normal difficulty? Is there an easy mode?

BB also had a pinball game named Flipnic: Ultimate Pinball for the same price. I love almost all pinball games so I grabbed it to try as well.

[quote name='robbrism']I was at BB today so I picked up a copy of God Hand due to all the recommendations. I am not really into difficult games but I love twisted humor so I will give it a whirl. If I get stuck, I will smash my controller and then trade the game. ;)

Are people saying that the game is super difficult on even the normal difficulty? Is there an easy mode?

BB also had a pinball game named Flipnic: Ultimate Pinball for the same price. I love almost all pinball games so I grabbed it to try as well.[/quote]

Did you get my package yet, bitch?

[quote name='robbrism']
Are people saying that the game is super difficult on even the normal difficulty? Is there an easy mode?[/QUOTE]

There IS an easy mode, but honestly, I wouldn't bother. The game is a little odd in how it does difficulty. As you dish out damage to opponents, there's a little meter that fills up in the bottom-left corner of the screen. When you take damage, it goes down. If you do well enough, the meter will go up from level 1 to 2 to 3, and finally to level "Die!". Every level makes the enemies more aggressive and causes them to do more damage. Easy mode locks that meter at levels 1 and 2, normal allows you to go through all levels, and hard locks every enemy on level "Die!". So essentially, on normal mode, the better you are, the tougher the game becomes. It is difficult at times, but honestly, it's doable, and probably where I'd recommend someone starting out on as it's really rewarding when you finish!

Although if you find yourself just getting bashed around too badly, there's no shame (OK, maybe a little shame) in kicking it down to easy mode. :)

[quote name='Moosejaw']Although if you find yourself just getting bashed around too badly, there's no shame (OK, maybe a little shame) in kicking it down to easy mode. :)[/quote]

Easy mode seems a lot less shameful to play on when there aren't achievements. :lol:

I highly recommend this game to anyone thinking about buying it. I had a lot of fun customizing his fighting moves, not to mention gambling....lots of gambling. If you like fighting (kung-fu hustle style) and gambling, then go and buy it for $10 dollars.

I too recommend this game. it was easily one of the most underrated game for the PS2. IGN gave it a 3.0 I believe... But if you play it you will realize it was one of the funniest games with great fighting and craziness that you don't see often in video games. I still play it from time to time when I am bored, because it just never gets old.

[quote name='BloodiestCadaver']I too recommend this game. it was easily one of the most underrated game for the PS2. IGN gave it a 3.0 I believe... But if you play it you will realize it was one of the funniest games with great fighting and craziness that you don't see often in video games. I still play it from time to time when I am bored, because it just never gets old.[/quote]

You're right, it is a 3 on IGN. I decided to pick it up at Best Buy anyway, based off of the opinions in this thread. What's $10 anyway?

bread's done
Back