PS2 Hard Drive with Final Fantasy @ Target

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23458[/quote]

well Scorch, it's not like it's sticky'd at the top of the page or anything.. :roll:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Scorch']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23458[/quote]

well Scorch, it's not like it's sticky'd at the top of the page or anything.. :roll:[/quote]

Don't make him "scorch" you, dude. It ain't pretty. :(

The CC sale is over and it is back at regular price. The target price right now is the best price for the HDD and game (save the YMMV BJ's price of 20.00)

[quote name='moammo'][quote name='memi']any CC now 37.49...[/quote]

i did a price check at my CC today.. it was 75.** ?? what gives?[/quote]

Which is the normal price that the 50% off was taken from, giving it the $37.49 price from before.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Scorch']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23458[/quote]

well Scorch, it's not like it's sticky'd at the top of the page or anything.. :roll:[/quote]

Don't make him "scorch" you, dude. It ain't pretty. :([/quote]

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here...

[quote name='hotwls13']Just curious, can these hard drives be reformatted and used in a pc?[/quote]

It should be a standard ATA/66 or ATA/100 parallel IDE drive, so in theory, yes. I'm sure Sony puts some funky end on it for easy insert/removal, so once you remove that and the bracket, I'd expect you to be able to use it. It's a 40GB drive, so it's not the best $/GB value out there.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='moammo'][quote name='memi']any CC now 37.49...[/quote]

Which is the normal price that the 50% off was taken from, giving it the $37.49 price from before.[/quote]

so, is it 37.49? or 75.00? should it price check at 37.49?? or do i have to be buying it...

[quote name='moammo'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='moammo'][quote name='memi']any CC now 37.49...[/quote]

Which is the normal price that the 50% off was taken from, giving it the $37.49 price from before.[/quote]

so, is it 37.49? or 75.00? should it price check at 37.49?? or do i have to be buying it...[/quote]

When it was on sale, when I picked them up for other CAGs, it scanned out at $37.49. No totalling necessary. If it's coming up at $75, then it's back at normal price.

No dice on trying to get the website to PM B&M. What a crappy policy. CSR said that they couldn't do it because of shipping. Bleeeh. :roll:

[quote name='Ecofreak']No dice on trying to get the website to PM B&M. What a crappy policy. CSR said that they couldn't do it because of shipping. Bleeeh. :roll:[/quote]

Target.com and Target B&M are two different entities. Rules of one don't follow the other.

I'm not into RPG's, so I never paid attention when this thing came out...but can the HD be used for regular saves of other games?

well, the only thing thats 35 bucks at target is the network adapter(which is a sh#tty price)

[quote name='thericochet']I'm not into RPG's, so I never paid attention when this thing came out...but can the HD be used for regular saves of other games?[/quote]

Yes and no. You can "back up" all your memcard saves onto the HDD, thereby freeing up space for new game saves. But the games can't save to the HDD directly.

There are also tools available to do lots of other interesting projects with the HDD.

Be aware that you need a network adapter for the HDD to work.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='moammo'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='moammo'][quote name='memi']any CC now 37.49...[/quote]

so, is it 37.49? or 75.00? should it price check at 37.49?? or do i have to be buying it...[/quote]

When it was on sale, when I picked them up for other CAGs, it scanned out at $37.49. No totalling necessary. If it's coming up at $75, then it's back at normal price.[/quote]

The sale is over, I priced checked them at $75 earlier this week.

I have an extra still unopened from target (I picked up 2). I'm selling it for $55 shipped via fedex express saver. PM me if you are interested, I have pics as well. If I can't sell it i'm takin it back.

[quote name='Lord Alfred'][quote name='thericochet']I'm not into RPG's, so I never paid attention when this thing came out...but can the HD be used for regular saves of other games?[/quote]

Yes and no. You can "back up" all your memcard saves onto the HDD, thereby freeing up space for new game saves. But the games can't save to the HDD directly.

There are also tools available to do lots of other interesting projects with the HDD.

Be aware that you need a network adapter for the HDD to work.[/quote]

ahh, gotcha. thanks for the quick response.

The one thing about the HDD is it makes obscene game collections, like mine (130 or more PSone or PS2 games.), easier to scout for your saves. I have 4 PS2 cards and 2 PSone cards and got sick of looking on the bunch of them for my saves.

I've been waiting for an obscenely cheap HDD so I only had to use one card and move saves on and off it as needed.

Grabbed one at Target for 49.98 - They had 2, one opened and one sealed. Sealed one is now mine along with 9.98 copy of La Pucelle.

With no CC in my area, this is as good as it gets. Other Targets in the area don't have the HDD anymore (before the clearence) so this was probably my only shot at it. Sears and 1 or 2 Walmarts still have a couple plus ToysRUs has a few as well.... all are still priced between 88.98 and 99.99. I'm watching those locations as well.

[quote name='dcfox']So is this clearance nationwide? I was just in target today but never thought to check.[/quote]

Target clearance is sort of nationwide in that which items are on clearance is generally pretty consistent across the country. As for whether they're currently at 15%, 30%, 50%, 75% off, etc., that'll vary on a store-by-store basis. You may find one store that has it for $70 and another that has it for $25 only a few blocks away.

[quote name='dwsscs']Mine had it at $49.99, and I posted it a week or 2 ago.[/quote]

Yup - That's when I bought mine, about 10 days ago. Hadn't posted until today about it.

I have one that I picked up from CC during their 1/2 off sale. The only thing is that it came without the "seal" sticker on the box, so I don't know if it has been used or not (which I didn't notice at time of purchase). It is complete, pulled out everything and nothing looks used. I didn't try to return it to CC, as I wasn't sure if I wanted it or not.

If anyone is interested, I will sell it for $45+shipping (cost = 38+NY tax+subway).

I know this isn't exactly the right place for it, but I figured maybe I can help another CAG out.

bread's done
Back