PS3 60gb available at BB.com, Non Bundle

froinlaven

CAGiversary!
Seems like the 60gb PS3 is available for online order at Best Buy. And it's not a bundle either. Saw it on fatwallet, figured I'd repost it here for anyone who wants one.

link

A bunch of places around me have them in stores. The local BB had 20 PS3s between the 20 and 60 GB models.

the eb i work at...we've had seven ps3s that have been sitting in the back room for almost a week now. seems like most people in this area really don't care for them anymore. :lol:

[quote name='aduckie']No bundle means no box?[/quote]

It means that you aren't forced to buy any other possibly unwanted items like an extra controller, or 3 games that are or aren't your choice.

Meh. I could buy one and expense it to my employer but I still can't be bothered. I'm happy with the Wii60.

[quote name='panasonic']sweet in for 3 time to make ebay killings[/quote]

Better save those receipts!

[quote name='Cursor']My local EB had 5 sitting around yesterday. I'm in Knoxville, TN and this was the Turkey Creek EB.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm from knoxville too.

Its kind of funny that for the first time i've actually got enough money to buy a PS3 and they're available everywhere, i have absolutely no interest in getting one whatsoever..

[quote name='xcoax']
Its kind of funny that for the first time i've actually got enough money to buy a PS3 and they're available everywhere, i have absolutely no interest in getting one whatsoever..[/quote]

your sig states otherwise

Honestly people, don't get one now, mine is just sitting there collecting dust, I haven't turned it on in over a week (when GTHD came out). I'm so dissapointed with it right now. I'm sure down the line it'll get better, so that's why I say wait til then to get one as it might be cheaper.

I doubt I'll turn it on until next month when VF5 comes out. I mainly bought one just to play VF5 and then they announced it for 360. Had I known it was coming to 360 I wouldn't have gotten one now, would have waited til next xmas for MGS4.

I saw 10 60GB ones in my BB store. Some people looked at the box for awhile and then wondered off. I think the $599 price scares most people away.

With my bricked 360 doing no good this is tempting. If they had more than just Resistance out for it, I'd probably bite.

And to be fair to Sony, to get a 360 up to the level of a PS3 out of the box (High Def DVD and wireless connectivity) you need to buy a $150 and $100 add on. The $400 v $600 price tag no longer seems as huge.

[quote name='spiderdog']lets see a 360 and Wii!!
for same amount
or a PS3?[/QUOTE]Buy a 20GB model and it's only $500, where a Wii and 360 costs $650 together.

PS3 > Wii + 360.

Anyway, I have a friend who wants one, but cannot find one (in his area). I should let him know.
[quote name='hopeunknown']the eb i work at...we've had seven ps3s that have been sitting in the back room for almost a week now. seems like most people in this area really don't care for them anymore. :lol:[/QUOTE]Most can't tell if EB/Gamestop has one; therefore, no one asks.
[quote name='abitteroldman']With my bricked 360 doing no good this is tempting. If they had more than just Resistance out for it, I'd probably bite.

And to be fair to Sony, to get a 360 up to the level of a PS3 out of the box (High Def DVD and wireless connectivity) you need to buy a $150 and $100 add on. The $400 v $600 price tag no longer seems as huge.[/QUOTE]Pretty much. The 20GB model is more comparable to the 360, but for $100 more, you get HDMI and blu-ray, which is definitely worth it.

I dont know if the comment about know one knowing if EB/GS has PS3's so no one asks holds full validity... they are the same way with their Wii's, but people still ask about them, my visit to an EB yesterday yielded 2 calls about Wii's and one direct customer inquiry about them, and no I am not piling on the PS3, I think for the technology it IS a good price, but won't get one until I get a deal on one, by then there will be more games I want

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Buy a 20GB model and it's only $500, where a Wii and 360 costs $650 together.

PS3 > Wii + 360.

Anyway, I have a friend who wants one, but cannot find one (in his area). I should let him know.
Most can't tell if EB/Gamestop has one; therefore, no one asks.
Pretty much. The 20GB model is more comparable to the 360, but for $100 more, you get HDMI and blu-ray, which is definitely worth it.[/quote]

Come on man. Just because the PS3 is cheaper than the other two consoles put together doesn't mean it is better. I have all 3 systems and I'll be the first to admit the PS3 sucks at the moment. If you have played all 3 you know that. I'm not saying in the future the PS3 won't be the best, but until it has more than one game it isn't worth it.

By the way, the 20 and 60 gig version both come with HDMI and blu-ray. The 20 gig version is missing wi-fi, the multi-memory card reader and 40 gigs of hard drive space.

no1s buying them cause the prices is too high. the only people who got them before xmas was for their little brat children who had to have them. my cousin stood in line for 3 days to get one> I went over to their house new years eve and played that and the wii. I dont see any major difference in the PS3 games compare to the ps2 games. 600 bucks isnt worth it. Maybe in the summer but right now NO

When will finding these at retail price NOT be considered a deal in these forums?

It's pretty much to the point now where most of us can go out and buy one off the shelf now.

I think any hype around the Ps3 will start ending soon. I've had plenty of chances to pick up a ps3 and still haven't picked one up. I been playing games and buy tons of games all time and yet I still can't justify the purchases of a system that I can't even get out of store with a game for around 700. I just can't push the button on it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Buy a 20GB model and it's only $500, where a Wii and 360 costs $650 together.

PS3 > Wii + 360.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding...

Zelda + Gears of War > Resistence

[quote name='Indiana']You've got to be kidding...

Zelda + Gears of War > Resistence[/quote]You should add you can get a premium 360 from like overstock for 360.00 most time or get a free game in stores with it. Oh yeah it comes with component cables out of box also which is a nice touch oh yeah I forgot the headset also.

I'm ticked off they don't have the 20GB version. No way I'm wasting an extra $100 on nothing.

They've also got some decent bundles that are slightly cheaper than buying the stuff separately. One is a second controller, Genji, and Resistance which isn't too bad.

[quote name='brodewald']Come on man. Just because the PS3 is cheaper than the other two consoles put together doesn't mean it is better. I have all 3 systems and I'll be the first to admit the PS3 sucks at the moment. If you have played all 3 you know that. I'm not saying in the future the PS3 won't be the best, but until it has more than one game it isn't worth it.

By the way, the 20 and 60 gig version both come with HDMI and blu-ray. The 20 gig version is missing wi-fi, the multi-memory card reader and 40 gigs of hard drive space.[/QUOTE]

Does the ps3 come with component cables?

[quote name='dserafin1986']Does the ps3 come with component cables?[/QUOTE]

NO, composite only.

Prepare to buy an HDMI cable...OR you can use the PS2's component cables I believe...which will save money

[quote name='jaybird']When will finding these at retail price NOT be considered a deal in these forums?

It's pretty much to the point now where most of us can go out and buy one off the shelf now.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I have passed on PS3's at two different stores in the last week. All three stores (Bestbuy and TRU) had more than 5 or 6 just sitting there. I asked workers in the game area and they both said they had been there a few days. Just not worth it to most people.

The Wii on the other hand is still flying off the shelves. Maybe Sony and Microsoft could learn a little from Nintendo's pricing. I also agree that if you are going to spend that much, why not get a Wii and a 360. With the 360 deals you could pay $300 for Premium 360 + $250 ($210 @ CC w/ coupon) for Wii and still have $50-$90 left over for games/accessories.

You would think a price drop would come fairly soon - didn't Sony drop the price in Japan prior to launch which got it to around $500 for the 60GB version?

I've walked in to BB, Wal-Mart and Target and every store has had PS3s just sitting there and no Wiis to be seen. The non-hardcore gaming people or people who are thinking of getting their first system just aren't gonna fork out $500-$600 for a console when they can get a Wii for $250 and the games are $10 cheaper. Most people don't even have an HDTV yet so there's no way Average Joe consumer is going to buy a PS3 at that price with features they don't want or need.

I have an Hdtv with no Hdmi yeah you can get cheap Hdmi cables , but not every Hdtv has an Hdmi and no way in hell I'm buying an Hdmi tv. Cause mine is fine at 720p.

[quote name='hotwls13']The Wii on the other hand is still flying off the shelves. Maybe Sony and Microsoft could learn a little from Nintendo's pricing. I also agree that if you are going to spend that much, why not get a Wii and a 360. With the 360 deals you could pay $300 for Premium 360 + $250 ($210 @ CC w/ coupon) for Wii and still have $50-$90 left over for games/accessories.[/quote] Plus the cost of a wavebird controller and gamecube memory card (the Wii is the only system that can't do backwards-compatibility out of the box), Wii component cables, Wii ethernet dongle (if you don't have wifi), Xbox 360 controller recharger, and Xbox live subscription. And that $40 coupon will also work with the PS3. The PS3 20GB is reasonably priced in my opinion.

how much is the warranty for this thing again,,, i have a few gift cards to burn and should have some rz coupons soon....

will wait to get in store

i would buy one purely for the blu-ray, the only game i would play is resistance. now if it did somethin gspecial to my ps2 game sid be on it but alas it doesnt. Wii60 FTW

These need to quit being posted.

Here are the places I saw them this weekend in Houston
Frys
2 best buys
1 EB games
1 Gamestop
2 Targets
1 Walmart

What a joke - quit posting - only Fry's and Compusa were bothering with a minor bundle - no Wii's in stock, was looking for an inlaw.

I dont have a ps3 yet - waiting for FFXIII or a game I want to play.

The only game I care about now is R: FOM. I need more games to justify this huge purchase. $700 for a system and one game does not justify collecting dust till more good games come out.

bread's done
Back