PS3 Code Drops Here

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I dont see why people want these PS+ 30 day trial codes.. any games you download while you have it.. you lose when you cancel it[/QUOTE]

Any games or DLC you buy with the PS Plus Discount, you keep. Any Avatars and Themes you get, even for free under PS Plus, you keep (I think...).

[quote name='hellmutt']Any games or DLC you buy with the PS Plus Discount, you keep. Any Avatars and Themes you get, even for free under PS Plus, you keep (I think...).[/QUOTE]
Yeah you get to keep the free avatars and themes. It's considered a gift for having been a PS+ subscriber. That's why in most updates you get different free themes or avatars for plus subscribers while everyone else still has to buy them.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I dont see why people want these PS+ 30 day trial codes.. any games you download while you have it.. you lose when you cancel it[/QUOTE]

It's good for a one-time play of free games. I played through Tomb Raider Underworld, Costume Quest, and Hydrophobia, and I doubt I will touch them again.

[quote name='Sentinel-Prime']Battlefield 1943

ETJM-28N4-R3AG[/QUOTE]
Thanks Sentinel-Prime.
Just redeemed and look forward to playing it tonight.

[quote name='pins287']Thanks Sentinel-Prime.
Just redeemed and look forward to playing it tonight.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy the game.

[quote name='Tiger™']Why can't people just use spoiler tags on their posts. Lurkers can't click on them unless registered.[/QUOTE]
I always wondered why people chose to do that.
You can be sure that I'm doing that from now on though.
Thanks.

[quote name='Tiger™']Why can't people just use spoiler tags on their posts. Lurkers can't click on them unless registered.[/QUOTE]

they will just register for an account then and still lurk it

Why can't people just use spoiler tags on their posts. Lurkers can't click on them unless registered.

That is not what spoilers tags are for. I signed out to find out. I'm thinking they are more to save space. I was able to see the spoilers while signed out.

[quote name='pins287']I always wondered why people chose to do that.
You can be sure that I'm doing that from now on though.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I wondered that, too.

I think people giving out the 30 Day PS Plus codes, in particular, should have Requirements:

1. Be a registered member for, AT LEAST, 2 months.
2. Have, at least, 10-15 meaningful posts throughout those months from when you first joined.
3. AND, #3 The first person to PM you who meets these requirements gets it.

That could rule out anybody just hunting for that code. Also, a lot of the 30 days codes should be taken by 2 months if that's all they join for.

Hey, it could work...

Since everybody has Starhawk on their PS3s, I might as well give out this extra S.H. Code. . .At 5 P.M. EST = P

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I think people giving out the 30 Day PS Plus codes, in particular, should have Requirements:

1. Be a registered member for, AT LEAST, 2 months.
2. Have, at least, 10-15 meaningful posts throughout those months from when you first joined.
3. AND, #3 The first person to PM you who meets these requirements gets it.

That could rule out anybody just hunting for that code. Also, a lot of the 30 days codes should be taken by 2 months if that's all they join for.

Hey, it could work...[/QUOTE]
:lol: You mean code begging posts aren't meaningful posts?:booty:

[quote name='CBas92']Cause people ended up lurking that group as well. It amazes me how some people think registered members don't lurk.[/QUOTE]

+1..

Guys, codes are posted here for the ANYONE to redeem it.. If you want to give it to a specific person, PM him..
If you want to give it to only certain members, post and ask them to send a PM..

[quote name='slowdive21']That is a dead link for me, how do you find groups on CAG?[/QUOTE]
Here is the link to the Members Only PS3 Code Drop.

At the top, there should be a Community drop down menu. Click on Social Groups and search.

[quote name='Trueblade']Here is the link to the Members Only PS3 Code Drop.

At the top, there should be a Community drop down menu. Click on Social Groups and search.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I see it now!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: You mean code begging posts aren't meaningful posts?:booty:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...:whistle2:k Only if they include this smiley>:-({|=

@Jota: because that group is filled with lurkers as well. as you can see its practically dead due to it almost serving no purpose, since anyone can register really quickly and never post anything

the lurker thing can be solved a few diff ways.

1. just have people pm you for the code.

2. make them answer a question in the thread to get it.

3. choose an active member you want to give the code to.

thats pretty much it and if people dont do those types of things the lurker issue will continue to exist and frustrate people. and i know its kind of shit to do but you can always check how long people have been on the site and check their posts to see if theyre active enough to meet your personal criteria for deserving a code.

I have to say, I lurk this thread, but I would post if I got a code. I post actively in other threads though.

That being said, lokizz is right. All 3 of his options work to reduce the amount of lurkers who get codes.

[quote name='Jam424']I have to say, I lurk this thread, but I would post if I got a code. I post actively in other threads though.

That being said, lokizz is right. All 3 of his options work to reduce the amount of lurkers who get codes.[/QUOTE]

I think the definition of a lurker in my book is someone who takes the code and DOESN'T post that they took it. So, I think you're good...

I don't understand this lurker business.
what is the definition of a lurker.

I mean at this point it seems people want me recite the alphabet backwards while dancing on one foot while balancing 2 plates over my head.

I can understand acknowledging the thank you bit, at least so people know that their not entering a dead code. the thing about limiting to people who post more and jazz, I like reading articles, and rarely post because I don't think people would be interested in my every day stuff.

its very frustrating entering a dead code, but at this point i think its getting silly. would you like me to bark like a dog or roll over to get a free code? because honestly if you push it any further it seems like its going that way

[quote name='pandiosity']
what is the definition of a lurker.
[/QUOTE]

See post directly above yours. If you would like to bark like a dog you're welcome to it, but really all anyone is asking is the common courtesy of a 'Thank You'.

[quote name='hellmutt']See post directly above yours. If you would like to bark like a dog you're welcome to it, but really all anyone is asking is the common courtesy of a 'Thank You'.[/QUOTE]

I did not see that till after i posted. but thanks. Like I said before I okay with the thank you, but as for the dog barking part, like i said its getting silly and i was trying to make a point.

Trivia time! First correct answer gets a code for the Starhawk beta sent to them via PM.

In Metal Gear Solid, what is Meryl's codec frequency?

[quote name='lokizz'] and i know its kind of shit to do but you can always check how long people have been on the site and check their posts to see if theyre active enough to meet your personal criteria for deserving a code.[/QUOTE]
I did that a couple of times for people asking(begging) for codes and that's all I saw as far as their posting history went. Either them constantly asking for 48 hour XBL codes or saying how they 'could really use' this or that code in other threads.

Then there's the folks who only post questions and then repost them in an hour or two when no one answers the first time they asked it. Those are so fuckin' annoying. People won't even take the time to try and skim back through a couple of days worth of posts(or read/re-read the OP of a thread) to try and find their own answer BEFORE asking a question.

Both to me qualify automatically as lazy/lurking members of the community and they'll NEVER get anything from me.:booty:;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I did that a couple of times for people asking(begging) for codes and that's all I saw as far as their posting history went. Either them constantly asking for 48 hour XBL codes or saying how they 'could really use' this or that code in other threads.

Then there's the folks who only post questions and then repost them in an hour or two when no one answers the first time they asked it. Those are so fuckin' annoying. People won't even take the time to try and skim back through a couple of days worth of posts(or read/re-read the OP of a thread) to try and find their own answer BEFORE asking a question.

Both to me qualify automatically as lazy/lurking members of the community and they'll NEVER get anything from me.:booty:;)[/QUOTE]

Not today, atleast... But, you'll slip up and I'll lurk your code just for fun! :whee::rofl:

[quote name='outlaw2']trivia time! First correct answer gets a code for the starhawk beta sent to them via pm.

in metal gear solid, what is meryl's codec frequency?[/quote]

bread's done
Back