PS3 component cable question

sociopharm02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Ok so the system does not ship with these, not sure i understand why considering the Blu-Ray player and that it is a next gen console. What is the cheapest way to get component cables. I heard that the PS2 cables also work. Thanks for the help.

The PS3 has the same A/V connector as that of the PS2. I have my PS3 hooked up with the same component cable I used for the PS2 and it works great.

BB sells a $25 version of the PS3 component cable; and Circuit City sells the PS2 component cable for the same. Those are the cheapest ones I know of.

If you think about it, it makes sense. You (and Sony) aren't forced to pay for a cable you aren't going to use (component for some, HDMI for others). Would have been awesome if it shipped with Standard, Component and HDMI all in one but that wouldn't be cost effective.

Small price to pay for the potential of true 1080p down the line (and cheaper than the 360 VGA version).

Toy's R Us has them for $15 still I think. If they're out, Circuit City is next cheapest, then probably Amazon (that's how I got mine).

I use the ones from EB/GS and they work fine on the PS3. The HDMI image was very nice, but the component image looks really good as well. No complaints here.

My question is why does the PS3 won't show the blue ray movies in 720P. I have a panasonic 61 rear projection lcd and i put the setup as 720P on the PS3 but the problem is only the BD will show in 480P and not 720P. In order to watch it in HD I have to change the settings to 1080I. I call Sony and they did not have an answer and I should try HDMI cables. I tried and this didn't solve my problem. Please CAG help me.

[quote name='itspaidgasterblaster']My question is why does the PS3 won't show the blue ray movies in 720P. I have a panasonic 61 rear projection lcd and i put the setup as 720P on the PS3 but the problem is only the BD will show in 480P and not 720P. In order to watch it in HD I have to change the settings to 1080I. I call Sony and they did not have an answer and I should try HDMI cables. I tried and this didn't solve my problem. Please CAG help me.[/QUOTE]
Its because the PS3 DOES NOT have a built in scaler, so it shows Blu Ray in 480p,1080i,or 1080p only

[quote name='getmyrunon']If you think about it, it makes sense. You (and Sony) aren't forced to pay for a cable you aren't going to use (component for some, HDMI for others). Would have been awesome if it shipped with Standard, Component and HDMI all in one but that wouldn't be cost effective.

Small price to pay for the potential of true 1080p down the line (and cheaper than the 360 VGA version).[/quote]
Well there's HDMI cable that's $10 for 6 ft. and Component isn't all that expensive. They could have AT LEAST included HDMI cable....

[quote name='anomynous']Its because the PS3 DOES NOT have a built in scaler, so it shows Blu Ray in 480p,1080i,or 1080p only[/quote]
IMO for Sony, that doesn't make any sense. I don't know how the hardware works or anything, but why would it be a jump from 480p to 1080i/p, just get rid of 480p and put in 720p. People buy Blu Ray for quality picture n sound >_>....you could just buy a regular DVD and watch it in 480p -.-

bread's done
Back