PS3 N00b Questions

Kuma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey guys so i got a PS3 and i have a couple of questions. I also figured that some of you would be willing to help out ol uncle Kuma.

I thought there was supposed to be some form of achievement system like on the 360 here, if its there maybe im just not seeing it?

I havnt gotten around to playing Resistance online yet, but do the online games support voice chat? and if so im assuming itll be just a regular USB headset?

[quote name='Kuma']Hey guys so i got a PS3 and i have a couple of questions. I also figured that some of you would be willing to help out ol uncle Kuma.

I thought there was supposed to be some form of achievement system like on the 360 here, if its there maybe im just not seeing it?

I havnt gotten around to playing Resistance online yet, but do the online games support voice chat? and if so im assuming itll be just a regular USB headset?[/quote]

Nothing on the achievement system yet sadly.

And yes you can use USB headsets or a bluetooth headset people use with their cell phones.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Nothing on the achievement system yet sadly.

And yes you can use USB headsets or a bluetooth headset people use with their cell phones.[/QUOTE]

now are the achievements something that will eventually be implemented? and will the games that came out before that have them?

[quote name='Kuma']now are the achievements something that will eventually be implemented? and will the games that came out before that have them?[/QUOTE]

It's really up in the air. Sony said they would have "Entitlements" as their psuedo achievement system, but it then missed launch. Sony still says they'll have a system put in place and that Resistance will use it, but beyond that, there's nothing concrete.

Well, Resistance does in fact have an in-game "achievement" system that works in the basically the same way as Xbox 360 achievements, but it looks like Sony has given up on the idea of a central system that all games will use, which is too bad.

I couldn't care less. Having a quiet system that's backwards compatible is 100,000x more important to me than having a silly, meaningless "points" system. It's pretty messed up if you're playing a game to earn "points".

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's pretty messed up if you're playing a game to earn "points".[/quote]

This statement is just.. wow.

[quote name='Scorch']This statement is just.. wow.[/QUOTE]

Wow what? Do you watch movies so you can collect ticket stubs? ;)

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's pretty messed up if you're playing a game to earn "points".[/QUOTE]

Totally. You should go join the forums over at Twin Galaxies and make sure they all know that.

[quote name='chemical']Totally. You should go join the forums over at Twin Galaxies and make sure they all know that.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Clearly I'm talking about Microsoft's points, not points in a game.

(Although for me personally I can't play games to earn a high score either. I need stuff with depth.)

[quote name='Wolfpup']I couldn't care less. Having a quiet system that's backwards compatible is 100,000x more important to me than having a silly, meaningless "points" system. It's pretty messed up if you're playing a game to earn "points".[/QUOTE]

Thats one thing that i dont like about the system, PS2 games look alot better on the PS2 as opposed to the PS3, not like its a very big deal though

[quote name='Kuma']Thats one thing that i dont like about the system, PS2 games look alot better on the PS2 as opposed to the PS3, not like its a very big deal though[/QUOTE]

Do they? They didn't look any different when I had mine (aside from looking slightly sharper). I'm not 100% convinced there was any issue beyond people not understanding the differences in outputs, interlaced versus progressive scan, etc.

Yes they do. But it's maybe not quite as bad an issue as some make it out to be. And progressive scan-capable games look fine.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Do they? They didn't look any different when I had mine (aside from looking slightly sharper). [/quote]

Try playing Sly 3 on your ps3 and tell me how it looks. I tried the game and it looks horrible...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Do they? They didn't look any different when I had mine (aside from looking slightly sharper). I'm not 100% convinced there was any issue beyond people not understanding the differences in outputs, interlaced versus progressive scan, etc.[/QUOTE]

well im sure its subjective for most, but if you meet these requirements, take the Pepsi Challenge. I have component cables running on both systems into an HD TV, which in this case would be running it at 480p, the highest the PS2 can run. I tried Mortal Kombat Armaggedon and believe me the colors, scaling, and edges looked much better on the PS2. Now dont get me wrong, im not bashing the PS3 here, i love my PS3, i just want to see this issue fixed, if it can be. Go ahead and try it if you can, id like to see your reaction.

bread's done
Back