PS3 The Club 16.99 on Amazon

Is this the cheapest this has been on Amazon? I've thought about getting this the couple times it was on sale, never pulled the trigger, though.

Also, any differences between the 360/ps3 versions?

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I picked this up yesterday at CC for $13.57...it's on clearance, and all CCs have their clearances 20% off[/QUOTE]

is there anymore PS3 games on clearance

[quote name='starmask2k3']is there anymore PS3 games on clearance[/quote]
There is a CC clearance thread on here somewhere. Its up to date.

Well the 360 version supports 1080p while the PS3 only does 720P for some reason. I have NO clue if there's been a patch. I haven't found ANY reviews stating one platform is superior to the other......

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']At Amazon, the 360 version is $46 and the PS3 version is $17. Something must be wrong with the PS3 version.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with this. I ordered a copy on Wednesday and received it on Thursday (used free shipping :D) and the game was brand new in shrink wrap.

[quote name='cdeener']You can also buy this used for $15 before discount at Gamestop if you can find a used copy.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop lists it used for $39.99....unless I'm missing something?

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']At Amazon, the 360 version is $46 and the PS3 version is $17. Something must be wrong with the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version was $20.21 about a week ago.

I bought the club when it first came out, and didn't really feel it was worth the $44 pricetag i paid for it. I'd probably pick it back up for $20 or less though.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']I picked this up yesterday at CC for $13.57...it's on clearance, and all CCs have their clearances 20% off[/quote]

Picked it up yesterday for this price....thanks guys for the info...!

[quote name='probablysober']Thanks, I was way too lazy to add a link myself.[/quote]

No offense, but: how much effort does it really take to add a link?

[quote name='falcinator']Well the 360 version supports 1080p while the PS3 only does 720P for some reason. I have NO clue if there's been a patch. I haven't found ANY reviews stating one platform is superior to the other......[/QUOTE]

That's because the 360 version DOESN'T support 1080p. 360 games render at 720p or below, and output at whatever resolution you select in the system menu. It has an internal scaler it's using to scale it to the selected resolution. "1080p" = 720p scaled to 1080p by the 360's scaler instead of your TV's scaler.

And for the record, I tried the demo (can't remember which system) and hated it, but it seems pretty original. I think there'd be an audience for it, but I'd play the demo first.

I thought a WHILE back during their first winter update just after the PS3 launched that Microsoft added 1080P support. So is this just a software upgrade and is the 360 not actually capable of 1080P natively but only through upscaling....?

Wouldn't surprise me......

[quote name='Wolfpup']That's because the 360 version DOESN'T support 1080p. 360 games render at 720p or below, and output at whatever resolution you select in the system menu. It has an internal scaler it's using to scale it to the selected resolution. "1080p" = 720p scaled to 1080p by the 360's scaler instead of your TV's scaler.

And for the record, I tried the demo (can't remember which system) and hated it, but it seems pretty original. I think there'd be an audience for it, but I'd play the demo first.[/quote]

I thought a WHILE back during their first winter update just after the PS3 launched that Microsoft added 1080P support. So is this just a software upgrade and is the 360 not actually capable of 1080P natively but only through upscaling....?

Wouldn't surprise me......

[quote name='falcinator']I thought a WHILE back during their first winter update just after the PS3 launched that Microsoft added 1080P support. So is this just a software upgrade and is the 360 not actually capable of 1080P natively but only through upscaling....?

Wouldn't surprise me......[/QUOTE]

It can technically support it, but neither system can *really* do 1080p and maintain anywhere near the same level of graphic quality. We'll have to wait until the next generation until we get real 1080p support. (Also the 360's performance drops off the less of a frame that can fit in it's 10MB video RAM...though look out for that militant guy on here who claims somehow that doesn't happen, and that I shouldn't be calling RAM used to store video work "video RAM" :D )

So basically yeah, Microsoft's got that scaler so gets to claim it's doing 1080p, which is really no different from people or ad copy claiming a DVD is 1080p because the player has a scaler chip in it-all that's happening is the device's scaler is doing the scaling rather than the chip in your TV.

IMO even if these things had something a gazillion times faster as a GPU, like a Geforce GTX280 or whatever, they'd STILL be better off doing 720p just because fewer people have 1080p, and you could do much more detailed graphics at the lower resolution.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It can technically support it, but neither system can *really* do 1080p and maintain anywhere near the same level of graphic quality. We'll have to wait until the next generation until we get real 1080p support. (Also the 360's performance drops off the less of a frame that can fit in it's 10MB video RAM...though look out for that militant guy on here who claims somehow that doesn't happen, and that I shouldn't be calling RAM used to store video work "video RAM" :D )

So basically yeah, Microsoft's got that scaler so gets to claim it's doing 1080p, which is really no different from people or ad copy claiming a DVD is 1080p because the player has a scaler chip in it-all that's happening is the device's scaler is doing the scaling rather than the chip in your TV.

IMO even if these things had something a gazillion times faster as a GPU, like a Geforce GTX280 or whatever, they'd STILL be better off doing 720p just because fewer people have 1080p, and you could do much more detailed graphics at the lower resolution.[/quote]

Sure, and if it's ANYTHING like how DVD's get upscaled from 480P to 720...then there's certainly no benefit to the "upgraded" resolution.

We'll see...down the road I guess, true 1080P.

[quote name='falcinator']Sure, and if it's ANYTHING like how DVD's get upscaled from 480P to 720...then there's certainly no benefit to the "upgraded" resolution. [/QUOTE]

Nope, not unless you've got a cheap TV with a terrible scaler so the one in the player happens to do a better job.

bread's done
Back