PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So you're telling people who 'don't like Sony' to shut up, but then have to rip on the 360 for it's game franchises.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, pretty much. :)

[quote name='adamsant12']lol speaking of trophies any game i load up resets my trophies to 0% any1 else notice that[/QUOTE]

Nope, all good here.

[quote name='Oaxan']

Wanna brag about how this makes the 360 looks 300% better?
Whoohoo, I'm still not buying a console who's only franchises consist of two generic FPS with a number slapped on the end. ;)[/QUOTE]

Pffft

Everyone knows the Xbox's best franchise starts with a F and ends with an A.

[quote name='adamsant12']i dont expect anything in return from sony. come on people really. sony got hacked, so we should free stuff from them. NO!!! thats like saying some douche steals your checkbook and buys shit everywhere, so the bank replaces your money and gives ya a little extra. wake up people always got to complain.[/QUOTE]

PS+ Members have a right to complain. They're paying for a service which not accessible at the moment.

Plus, Sony needs to put out something in good faith to their consumers that this will never happen again, or at least to the scale that it happened.

[quote name='KingBroly']PS+ Members have a right to complain. They're paying for a service which not accessible at the moment.

Plus, Sony needs to put out something in good faith to their consumers that this will never happen again, or at least to the scale that it happened.[/QUOTE]

improving their security is good enough for me. but everyone thinking they should get something out of this is nuts. just be happy sony is fixing this. its a free service, they could charge us monthly for psn. as for being a ps+ member the 2 free games will be available when its back up and running, lets say they pick a free game to compensate everyone, out of 77 million users how many are gonna bi+ch because they already own it. agree or disagree?

Last edited by a moderator:
well this is great. someone in florida charged 3 pizzas, a video card, and sex toys to my credit card. visa is voiding the charges and cancelling my card. nice of them to call me, they rang this morning asking if i was in florida, as i had not advised them of any travel arrangements.

I had information on file with the U.S Aid Corps. When that info was compromised, they offered 6 months of free credit monitoring. If sony did the same, I'd be fine.

[quote name='Nukkus']well this is great. someone in florida charged 3 pizzas, a video card, and sex toys to my credit card. visa is voiding the charges and cancelling my card. nice of them to call me, they rang this morning asking if i was in florida, as i had not advised them of any travel arrangements.[/QUOTE]

LOL sounds like some crazy party, maybe you SHOULD be in Florida right now ;)

I'm really not bothered by the "outage" in the least. Now, had I purchased the new SOCOM as I planned, I may be a little more upset but having just discovered Portal 2 I'm not bothered.

I do think Sony could EASILY give away a free PSN game at no cost to themselves. People would be happy and forget about the whole ordeal in a month or so.

[quote name='KingBroly']PS+ Members have a right to complain. They're paying for a service which not accessible at the moment.

Plus, Sony needs to put out something in good faith to their consumers that this will never happen again, or at least to the scale that it happened.[/QUOTE]

ps+ members actually dont have a right to complain. you get ps+ for discounted games, free games, exclusive access to betas and whatever else it comes with. you DONT however pay for getting online or getting a better connection. all those free games you have still work and you didnt miss out on any betas.

so why exactly should ps+ members be compensated? youre going to get 2 free games next tuesday almost indefinitely. the only real people who have a right to bitch are DCUO people cuz they actually pay a monthly fee to PLAY which they cant.

[quote name='8bitArtist']ps+ members actually dont have a right to complain. you get ps+ for discounted games, free games, exclusive access to betas and whatever else it comes with. you DONT however pay for getting online or getting a better connection. all those free games you have still work and you didnt miss out on any betas.

so why exactly should ps+ members be compensated? youre going to get 2 free games next tuesday almost indefinitely. the only real people who have a right to bitch are DCUO people cuz they actually pay a monthly fee to PLAY which they cant.[/QUOTE]
You do pay for cloud saving features introduced recently, and users don't have access to that functionality at this time.

I just started Sengoku Basara last night while the PSN is still down (great game, btw). I think in my book what Sony should do is give the DCUO players a free month and anyone who had their card compromised free credit monitoring.

Other than that, I mean shit happens. I mean yes I am a PS+ subscriber but it's not like anything in the PS store is going anywhere.

[quote name='nbballard']You do pay for cloud saving features introduced recently, and users don't have access to that functionality at this time.[/QUOTE]

so you do all your saves on the cloud and not on your ps3? id think the cloud would be a back up to the saves on your ps3.

[quote name='Nukkus']well this is great. someone in florida charged 3 pizzas, a video card, and sex toys to my credit card. [/QUOTE]

this just sums up a hacker to a tee. a fat kid, who needs a new video card, who cant get laid and bought a flesh light. lol

[quote name='8bitArtist']so you do all your saves on the cloud and not on your ps3? id think the cloud would be a back up to the saves on your ps3.
[/QUOTE]
That's the intention, but i can't access those back-ups. I was just making the point that there is functionality offered by PS+ that have stopped that are being paid for as part of the services.

This was a problem for me because I was going to use this opertunity to start a new run of ME2, and I wanted to base it on my definitive finished save file from my first run. I backed up my file, and accidentally saved over it, so I have been waiting for the service to resume.

Honestly- i could not care less what Sony does here. This stuff happens, but I do hold them accountable for how they've handled it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I just started Sengoku Basara last night while the PSN is still down (great game, btw). I think in my book what Sony should do is give the DCUO players a free month and anyone who had their card compromised free credit monitoring.[/QUOTE]

I think I saw a post on Joystiq a few days ago about DCUO. Apparently since they run on different servers, those are already up and have been since last week I believe.

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I understood the article wrong

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/28/sony-online-entertainment-says-its-customer-data-is-safe/

[quote name='8bitArtist']ps+ members actually dont have a right to complain. you get ps+ for discounted games, free games, exclusive access to betas and whatever else it comes with. you DONT however pay for getting online or getting a better connection. all those free games you have still work and you didnt miss out on any betas.

so why exactly should ps+ members be compensated? youre going to get 2 free games next tuesday almost indefinitely. the only real people who have a right to bitch are DCUO people cuz they actually pay a monthly fee to PLAY which they cant.[/QUOTE]

At most, us PS+ members should have extra time added to our subscription for the amount of time the service has been down.

if anyone can direct me, im having trouble figuring out how to change my password. i tried going on the actual website to change it there but its down as well. do i just wait until its back up then i can restore it?

any save you have on the cloud, you should have on your ps3. since psn will inevitably go down for maintenance time to time. not saying nbballard feels the need to be compensated, but saving over a file by accident isnt sonys fault.

as for ps+ people getting extra time added to your service, why? i mean, if it gave you a better connection or something, then yes i would agree. psn is free though and ps+ has absolutely nothing to do with getting online.

david i think you gotta wait till psn gets back up to get into your account.

I'm not saying i should be compensated- like i said, i don't care. It's a valid argument though. They charge for a service that isn't working currently, and I agree that most of the service is free/exclusive content and discounts. The outage doesn't impact that, but it does directly screw up the cloud saving service.

[quote name='8bitArtist']any save you have on the cloud, you should have on your ps3. since psn will inevitably go down for maintenance time to time. not saying nbballard feels the need to be compensated, but saving over a file by accident isnt sonys fault.

as for ps+ people getting extra time added to your service, why? i mean, if it gave you a better connection or something, then yes i would agree. psn is free though and ps+ has absolutely nothing to do with getting online.[/QUOTE]

If a year is paid for, a year is deserved. No more, no less. Doesn't matter what that service is.

[quote name='4thHorseman']If a year is paid for, a year is deserved. No more, no less. Doesn't matter what that service is.[/QUOTE]

People will get their 2 weeks added to the service they paid for, to think otherwise is ridiculous. No one is going to lose 2 weeks of PS+ service over what has happened.

[quote name='panzerfaust']We just had a full page of chill music and we're going back to petty compensation arguments?

I don't know what to do CAG, I just don't know.[/QUOTE]

I'll stop with the petty argument if you give me a new pony.

[quote name='blitz6speed']People will get their 2 weeks added to the service they paid for, to think otherwise is ridiculous. No one is going to lose 2 weeks of PS+ service over what has happened.[/QUOTE]

Truthfully, it really doesn't matter to me. A lot of the content on it I don't use including the cloud saving. But if something is paid for, it deserves to be honored. Which is why I feel Sony should do something to compensate for PS3 users regardless if they paid for PS+ or not. Some people use it for web browsing, but can't do that now. Some have it mainly to play games online, but can't do that. Some games have no single player, so those games are worthless during this time. Some may use it to chat with friends, but can't do that anymore. There are plenty of stuff people can not do at this time. Doesn't matter what it's main purpose is, because it may not be the main purpose everyone is using it for.

Hell, anytime someone mentions PS3 in a positive light, one of the main points is the free PSN. That could be one of the reasons someone bought the system so they don't have to pay for the 360. So even if the service is free, the system they bought to use it was not.

[quote name='panzerfaust']We just had a full page of chill music and we're going back to petty compensation arguments?

it's pretty easy

/thread :ignore:

:applause:

...but yea

videos are blocked at work- that page was lost on me. :)

[quote name='4thHorseman']Truthfully, it really doesn't matter to me. A lot of the content on it I don't use including the cloud saving. But if something is paid for, it deserves to be honored. Which is why I feel Sony should do something to compensate for PS3 users regardless if they paid for PS+ or not. Some people use it for web browsing, but can't do that now. Some have it mainly to play games online, but can't do that. Some games have no single player, so those games are worthless during this time. Some may use it to chat with friends, but can't do that anymore. There are plenty of stuff people can not do at this time. Doesn't matter what it's main purpose is, because it may not be the main purpose everyone is using it for.

Hell, anytime someone mentions PS3 in a positive light, one of the main points is the free PSN. That could be one of the reasons someone bought the system so they don't have to pay for the 360. So even if the service is free, the system they bought to use it was not.[/QUOTE]

Listen, sony is going to do something to make up for what happened, however, demanding and expecting is just Entitlement, plain and simple. The reality is that when psn is up, everything will return to normal and ps+ users will get their time added back on, and that should be sufficient. However, they will go out of their way and do something extra, but it is just that, EXTRA. People expect too much because they feel entitled to everything for free.

[quote name='david12795']if anyone can direct me, im having trouble figuring out how to change my password. i tried going on the actual website to change it there but its down as well. do i just wait until its back up then i can restore it?[/QUOTE]

youll have to wait till things get up and running again. supposedly when were able to log into psn the first thing they will require is that we change our passwords.

The apparent hackers are now claiming they do have security codes and that they are beginning the process of selling off peoples personal info including their credit card info/SC. They also claim that before they began selling peoples information they first contacted Sony and offered them a chance to buy the information back. Sony denies this ever happaned.

Either way all I know is that my information is most likely at risk and Sony is playing PR. Those that say that Sony owes us nothing can kiss my fat hairy white ass. They have put us all through a headache and potentially a lot of financial harm.

[quote name='lokizz']youll have to wait till things get up and running again. supposedly when were able to log into psn the first thing they will require is that we change our passwords.[/QUOTE]

First thing is there will be a new PS3 firmware with a all new setup in it for all ps3s to install. After that, when you try to access PSN, you will need to reset your password. Then you should be good to go.

[quote name='MSI Magus']The apparent hackers are now claiming they do have security codes and that they are beginning the process of selling off peoples personal info including their credit card info/SC. They also claim that before they began selling peoples information they first contacted Sony and offered them a chance to buy the information back. Sony denies this ever happaned.

Either way all I know is that my information is most likely at risk and Sony is playing PR. Those that say that Sony owes us nothing can kiss my fat hairy white ass. They have put us all through a headache and potentially a lot of financial harm.[/QUOTE]

They dont have what they claim they do, the CC info was encrypted, and the CCV (3 digit code) is not stored on the server so its a physical impossibility for them to have what they claim they have. Stop fear mongering by reading butthurt armchair pirates claiming this and that.

[quote name='blitz6speed']They dont have what they claim they do, the CC info was encrypted, and the CCV (3 digit code) is not stored on the server so its a physical impossibility for them to have what they claim they have. Stop fear mongering by reading butthurt armchair pirates claiming this and that.[/QUOTE]

UMMMMM the article I read was obviously not wrote by Sony nor was the person claiming this a pirate it was a security expert talking about the situation and what he is hearing from inside Sony. How can anyone be butthurt when your the one riding Sonys dick?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSI Magus']UMMMMM the article I read was obviously not wrote by Sony nor was the person claiming this a pirate it was a security expert talking about the situation and what he is hearing from inside Sony. How can anyone be butthurt when your the one riding Sonys dick?[/QUOTE]
The reality of it is that you are 1 person in a see of CCs and if Sony isn't pulling our chain- chances are good you are safe as it would be a longshot that they eventually get around to your info.

I sure sleep a lot better knowing that I cancelled my card and it's not even a long shot. At this point, i think it's about how comfortable you are with the situation.

[quote name='MSI Magus']UMMMMM the article I read was obviously not wrote by Sony nor was the person claiming this a pirate it was a security expert talking about the situation and what he is hearing from inside Sony. How can anyone be butthurt when your the one riding Sonys dick?[/QUOTE]

You mean articles like this? Link The source of these security experts' claims are hacker message boards. They haven't been able to actually verify the existence of the database itself. And we all know that everything posted on message boards is true.

If you believe Sony, they information the hackers are selling is information they shouldn't have. If you believe an Arstechnica article posted a few pages back, there's already been dozens of users who've experienced credit card fraud because of this. If you believe this article, that credit card information is still in the hands of the hackers. Given all this conflicting information, there's no real way to know who's telling the truth and who isn't...between Sony, Hackers, and the people who emailed Arstechnica...it's interesting how many people see Sony as the least trustworthy.

[quote name='Salamando3000']You mean articles like this? Link The source of these security experts' claims are hacker message boards. They haven't been able to actually verify the existence of the database itself. And we all know that everything posted on message boards is true.

If you believe Sony, they information the hackers are selling is information they shouldn't have. If you believe an Arstechnica article posted a few pages back, there's already been dozens of users who've experienced credit card fraud because of this. If you believe this article, that credit card information is still in the hands of the hackers. Given all this conflicting information, there's no real way to know who's telling the truth and who isn't...between Sony, Hackers, and the people who emailed Arstechnica...it's interesting how many people see Sony as the least trustworthy.[/QUOTE]

I dont believe anyone. I generally do not trust anyone. Sony has no reason to tell us the truth and has lied to us in the past, its what big multinational corporations do. Meanwhile hackers like to beat their chest and proclaim victory over every little thing they do.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I dont believe anyone. I generally do not trust anyone. Sony has no reason to tell us the truth and has lied to us in the past, its what big multinational corporations do. Meanwhile hackers like to beat their chest and proclaim victory over every little thing they do.[/QUOTE]
If you don't trust anyone but yourself- then cancel your card. It's the only sure fire fix.

My situation is that my wife had her identity stolen 3 years ago, and it SUCKED. On top of that, I work for a bank in the department that handles identity thefts, fraud etc- so it's a lot harder for me to leave this to chance.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I dont believe anyone. I generally do not trust anyone. Sony has no reason to tell us the truth and has lied to us in the past, its what big multinational corporations do. Meanwhile hackers like to beat their chest and proclaim victory over every little thing they do.[/QUOTE]
First you're a fan boy if I ever seen one lol

And I think Sony is doing just fine with working on the problem, you might not work and have any money of your own but someone jackhole is hacking in the network shutting down all the way seems smart till they can deal with it. Even though I think the FBI should get involved when it comes to people stealing Personal Info and Money they probaly wont.

So QQ some more little fan boy :)

bread's done
Back