PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='j-cart']http://pastehtml.com/view/1eejiqj.html

Anon message.[/QUOTE]

Even if there is no "leadership" in Anon, there are certainly major players that direct the group's actions, unless Anon has seemingly perfected the Borg hivemind.

This "press release" seems to be an attempt to distance themselves from those responsible for the Sony hack by an assertion similar to "well just because they say they're with us doesn't mean we did it."

If information wants to be free, then why isn't the information of who wrote this press release "free"? Every person's a hero in their own story, the problem though is that we can't all be heroes. Anon is not a hero.

I've been very patient and anticipated the network would have been up last week. Thursday/Friday latest. I haven't vented, but my patience is up. This is getting to be absurd. Playing MK SP is enough... Uughhh sony. Even your TVs today aren't a match to the competitors. Blah.

According to the Playstation rep that I had to meet with on Friday(GameStop employee), the network is supposed to come back up next week, in stages, and everyone is supposed to recieve a free month of PS+, and during that timeframe an Uncharted 3 DEMO(not beta) is to be released, and some other thing as well. As for the existing PS+ and DCUO members, nothing was released about compensation, but I expect something to be done. Anyway, this is what I was told from the horses mouth, of course, things can always change, but this is the info that was released to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j-cart']http://pastehtml.com/view/1eejiqj.html

Anon message.[/QUOTE]

These guys need to chill out already. Or get girlfriends. This is getting out of hand now. But now that they're actually threatening Sony, they just made their rebuttals "we didn't do it" even less credible.

"Apparently Sony will have to learn the hard way that corporate malfeasance will not go unpunished."

Hope they have FBI guys just chillen in the server closet monitoring everything now.

for those of you who are into u2 mp if and when they get psn back up lets get a game started itd be cool to beat down on some other teams with some cags.

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you who are into u2 mp if and when they get psn back up lets get a game started itd be cool to beat down on some other teams with some cags.[/QUOTE]

I'd be game for that. :)

and yeahh, this outtage has been going on long enough. One week, no big deal but 18 days now? Geesh.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I'd be game for that. :)

and yeahh, this outtage has been going on long enough. One week, no big deal but 18 days now? Geesh.[/QUOTE]

going on three weeks. Psh... I'm getting ready to blow off the bike and go outside. =P (but seriously, this is ridiculous, patience is running out)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Of course they're losing customers over this fiasco. Name me one person who likes having the CC/personal info stolen at the incompetence of a company.[/QUOTE]

You haven't been reading a lot of the comments here have you?

Probably about one third of the people here would support Sony even if their houses were burnt to the ground by a Sony representative.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I'd be game for that. :)

and yeahh, this outtage has been going on long enough. One week, no big deal but 18 days now? Geesh.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to lie about it. I mostly play MP anymore anyway and I miss the

fuck out of it.

[quote name='Average Gamer']going on three weeks. Psh... I'm getting ready to blow off the bike and go outside. =P (but seriously, this is ridiculous, patience is running out)[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, getting some fresh air? Now you're talking about uncharted territory there.

[quote name='trogoldito']

Probably about one third of the people here would support Sony even if their houses were burnt to the ground by a Sony representative.[/QUOTE]

Why would you blame an entire company for one persons actions?

[quote name='Double O Slevin']According to the Playstation rep that I had to meet with on Friday(GameStop employee), the network is supposed to come back up next week, in stages, and everyone is supposed to recieve a free month of PS+, and during that timeframe an Uncharted 3 DEMO(not beta) is to be released, and some other thing as well. As for the existing PS+ and DCUO members, nothing was released about compensation, but I expect something to be done. Anyway, this is what I was told from the horses mouth, of course, things can always change, but this is the info that was released to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

I am already anticipating this progression of events:

-Sony gives me Playstation Plus for a month
-Sony gives me a free game
-After a month the free game disappears unless I sign up for Playstation Plus
-I buy a 360

I miss having PSN, but honestly, its not that big of a deal for me. I've been playing a lot of single player. I think that I would have been more upset had this happened during time when COD: Black Ops had been released.

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you who are into u2 mp if and when they get psn back up lets get a game started it'd be cool to beat down on some other teams with some cags.[/QUOTE]

I'm in. :)

Gamers crazy about quality online service and multiplayer gaming would logically be gaming on a PC, no?

All this XBL talk when that and PSN are really fairly primitive networks...

:whistle2:k

once its up we'll coordinate from here to figure out when to get the game going and give people a chance to add whoever is playing to their friends list on psn. we can do the same when the u3 mp beta is released.

[quote name='trogoldito']You haven't been reading a lot of the comments here have you?

Probably about one third of the people here would support Sony even if their houses were burnt to the ground by a Sony representative.[/QUOTE]

Didn't some dues house get burnt down cause his 360 cord started a fire?

As far as Uncharted multliplayer: You have my sword.

[quote name='Thomas96']I miss having PSN, but honestly, its not that big of a deal for me. I've been playing a lot of single player. I think that I would have been more upset had this happened during time when COD: Black Ops had been released.[/QUOTE]

I am not a big online gamer at all, but I have missed it for these reasons:

-Portal 2 co-op (and I didn't get it in time to register it on Steam)
-Bought a PSN card to spend the day the network disappeared
-I can't play BC: Rearmed 2
-They were starting to release Turbo-Grafx games and I was really freaking excited about that (maybe the only one)

That's enough, I think.

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you who are into u2 mp if and when they get psn back up lets get a game started itd be cool to beat down on some other teams with some cags.[/QUOTE]

I only played a few mp games on Uncharted 2 but I would be down to play some games when psn is back up.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I would be down to play U2, but I lent it to my brother a while back. Oh well[/QUOTE]

I'm in for some co-op mode. I was really getting into UC2 online co-op modes when the network went down.

I'm more than happy to dust off Uncharted 2 when PSN is revived. I've played the campaign 3-4 times but haven't touched the mp in 6 months. Lets do it!

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Thanks for the info.

-I buy a 360[/QUOTE]

It has been said by Sony Europe that your get 2 free games from a list of 5 to keep. If that passes onto US, we'll see. Gotta remember, EU got LBP for free when EU players signed up for PSN+, while US members only got Wipeout HD.

Eh. If it's digital downloads, then I'll coordinate with some friends as to which they're choosing and then I'll choose two that they aren't n let them gameshare them on their system(s).

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Thanks for the info.

-I buy a 360[/QUOTE]

Previous statements by Sony executives over the last several years make me think it's at least plausible that they would be trying to turn this unforgivable data breach into a way to sell PSN+ memberships.

If that's really how it goes down, it would show a how little the people running Sony respect their customer base and I'll have no interest in remaining one of their customers any longer.

The scope of what happened with the PSN is just unheard of among companies that run these kinds of businesses - i still can't believe how ineptly they stored their customer data.

I haven't been on PSN in months but this is crazy for most of you guys. I was thinking about a 2nd ps3 after e3 but I think I'm going to give xbox a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see PSN come back up sometime next week. Thats pushing the mid-May timeline I was anticipating, since by that time we will be going on over three weeks without any PSN access. What most people don't understand though is that REBUILDING an ENTIRE server system for millions of people to play online on isn't an easy process.

Just cracked open RE5 Gold Edition in my backlog, thus begins my single player "real" game experiences with the Move Controller and Navi Controller.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Pathetic[/QUOTE]

Your vagueness has piqued my interest.
Please, elaborate for the rest of us dirty console gaming peasants, if you would be so kind.
HOndlgFbL9r7Lzd2X1nF2rG39lY0jXjaRU0AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I'm really starting to believe that Sony will just wait until E3 to put PSN back up.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm really starting to believe that Sony will just wait until E3 to put PSN back up.[/QUOTE]

At this point i wouldnt be surprised. Then again, at this point....i'd think Sony would REALLY want to avoid pissing off the different companies they associate with.

[quote name='dgwillia006']At this point i wouldnt be surprised. Then again, at this point....i'd think Sony would REALLY want to avoid pissing off the different companies they associate with.[/QUOTE]

Knowing Sony, they'll do some speech at E3 saying how much of a victim they were, but somehow overcame all the obstacles to return PSN back to their valuable (lol) customers.

Id be beyond pissed if I had any sort of business relationship with Sony. It looks like PSN will be down for a month or more total. That would seriously impact my decision to do something like PS3 exlusives or even exclusive game content. If I was a small time game developer making PSN games, I would literally tell Sony to fuck themselves and jump ship to the 360.

I was thinking as well that Sony needs to work with all the game companies to promote the hell out of PSN when it returns online. Any game that had an active multiplayer community needs to have Double XP for a full week or two. Things like that need to happen.

bread's done
Back