PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Whatever MNR means.... But yeah, I've been working on all of the DJ Hero 2 and Bulletstorm offlines.[/QUOTE]

Modnation Racers more than likely.

[quote name='starmask2k3']:whistle2:( i am saving up for one what kind did you get SONY or SAMSANG[/QUOTE]
Neither, I went with Toshiba, it's a lot cheaper than the other two :) I think mainly because Toshiba got no exclusive 3D movies, so marketing wise, people tend to think Toshiba less. Of course, that doesn't mean Toshiba LED TVs suck. The Toshiba TVs got WiFi build in too, they comes with the Netflix app as well as Youtube.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I don't know about you guys, but I have a crazy amount of trophies to sync when the PSN goes up.[/QUOTE]
Enough to skip a level :lol:? If everyone is synching their trophies once PSN is up, it's going to be slow... I'll wait till everybody is done :)

Organization_XIII said:
I'm sorry dude, but you need to find a job or a girlfriend or something... 8 platinum trophies in less than 3 weeks... Yikes
I'm sorry that your poorly chosen life choice at that 9-5 job doesn't allow you to have plenty of free time. :) Anyway, I want to play some Uncharted MP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a couple trophies from Mortal Kombat and Tornado Outbreak, and I'm currently working my way through Uncharted 2....for the first time...even though I've owned it for at least a year now...

I'm afraid the continued frustrations of the PSN being down has brought back my evil dark side. Mass numbers of prostitutes are disappearing off the streets of Liberty City once again. :lol: (Is there a more evil laughing emoticon?) DAMN YOU, Sony!!!!!

[quote name='Salamando3000']Got a couple trophies from Mortal Kombat and Tornado Outbreak, and I'm currently working my way through Uncharted 2....for the first time...even though I've owned it for at least a year now...[/QUOTE]

i started playing u2 again on the hardest difficulty just to see if itd be easier this time than the lqast time and wow. mp really does make you better overall. aside from the usual cheap deaths because it takes less to kill you many of the areas are a breeze to go through. its also fun to use alot of my mp tricks in sp.

I actually recently STARTED playing my PS3. I picked up Heavy Rain 2-3 months ago and blew threw that a couple of days ago. I enjoyed it. :)

Otherwise, it's still my PS2. :D

So last night I was using the PS3 internet because Netflix finally stopped working. Shit froze up on me. Nothing new. However, when I turned the system back on I got a prompt to send a report to Sony on the error. I think that's new.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']So last night I was using the PS3 internet because Netflix finally stopped working. Shit froze up on me. Nothing new. However, when I turned the system back on I got a prompt to send a report to Sony on the error. I think that's new.[/QUOTE]

I get those every once in awhile when the web browser freezes.

[quote name='lokizz']i started playing u2 again on the hardest difficulty just to see if itd be easier this time than the lqast time and wow. mp really does make you better overall. aside from the usual cheap deaths because it takes less to kill you many of the areas are a breeze to go through. its also fun to use alot of my mp tricks in sp.[/QUOTE]

Does bunny-hopping work against the AI? haha.

[quote name='Supplice']Does bunny-hopping work against the AI? haha.[/QUOTE]

in some cases it does but if theres a bunch of enemies on screen forget about it you die too quick on crushing difficulty. because i played so much mp my aim is way better now and im comfortable with all the weapons so the game is oddly easy now even on crushing. still i cant wait for psn to come back i need to play against real people.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm sorry dude, but you need to find a job or a girlfriend or something... 8 platinum trophies in less than 3 weeks... Yikes[/QUOTE]

ZOMG gamers playing games!

The horror! :roll:

this guy selling all of his PS3 stuff on craigslist. is this a good deal?

Tired of the Network being down? Get some new games.... (I returned the PS3 today and told them where they could put it, two free games aint gonna make me feel better about what is going on)

Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (ultimate edition)
Ratchet and Clank Future tools of destruction (never opened)
COD Modern Warefare 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Playstation Move starter bundle with Sports Champions (never opened)
2 Dualshock Sixaxis controllers 1 red, 1 silver

Take all only at $130 (Firm) and it's all yours, that is just $30 over the price of the Playstation Move. Sony's loss your gain.

Goodbye PS3 You'll be missed.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I'm sorry dude, but you need to find a job or a girlfriend or something... 8 platinum trophies in less than 3 weeks... Yikes[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Supplice']I'm sorry dude, but you need to stop assuming like a dumbass. Anyway, I want to play some Uncharted MP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Ouch... my feelings...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='InfinityCartier']ZOMG gamers playing games!

The horror! :roll:[/QUOTE]
Playing games is one thing, but unless you are already close to getting those plats, no way a person with a job and other responsibilities can do that in three weeks. Either that or you are super human and dont require any sleep. And I am not trying to hate or anything, serisouly, props to you if you got 8 plats. I wouldnt mind doing that myself, but it is just not possible with a FT job, wife, kid, house, in laws, friends, enemies, eating and sleeping.

[quote name='wrencrest']Playing games is one thing, but unless you are already close to getting those plats, no way a person with a job and other responsibilities can do that in three weeks. Either that or you are super human and dont require any sleep. And I am not trying to hate or anything, serisouly, props to you if you got 8 plats. I wouldnt mind doing that myself, but it is just not possible with a FT job, wife, kid, house, in laws, friends, enemies, eating and sleeping.[/QUOTE]

^this

[quote name='maxim2boobles']this guy selling all of his PS3 stuff on craigslist. is this a good deal?

Tired of the Network being down? Get some new games.... (I returned the PS3 today and told them where they could put it, two free games aint gonna make me feel better about what is going on)

Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (ultimate edition)
Ratchet and Clank Future tools of destruction (never opened)
COD Modern Warefare 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Playstation Move starter bundle with Sports Champions (never opened)
2 Dualshock Sixaxis controllers 1 red, 1 silver

Take all only at $130 (Firm) and it's all yours, that is just $30 over the price of the Playstation Move. Sony's loss your gain.

Goodbye PS3 You'll be missed.[/QUOTE]

not a bad price at all.
do you have any of the games already?

If not some solid stuff there.
enjoy :)

[quote name='Haggar']Do the trophies get date & time stamps even though PSN is down?[/QUOTE]
Yes, they're handled just like when you're logged into PSN.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes, they're handled just like when you're logged into PSN.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll open Motorstorm 3 tonight.

Several other people have mentioned the same thing and I agree. I have a feeling if they don't have any more issues or delays it will be up by Friday night. I really hope it is.

Watch, PSN will be down during E3 and Sony will have a press conference about their new online system PSN++! from xmb game joining, cross-game chat, updated friend's list, SERVERS for all games, auto update for everything, and access to U3 Beta. Also Sony will bring out Zipper and have them issue and official apology for releasing such a shit Socom 4 and that they will never try to appeal to the mass market again.

Can only dream.

[quote name='j-cart']Watch, PSN will be down during E3 and Sony will have a press conference about their new online system PSN++! from xmb game joining, cross-game chat, updated friend's list, SERVERS for all games, auto update for everything, and access to U3 Beta. Also Sony will bring out Zipper and have them issue and official apology for releasing such a shit Socom 4 and that they will never try to appeal to the mass market again.

Can only dream.[/QUOTE]

E3 is still like a month away. Please let this not be true.

[quote name='j-cart']Watch, PSN will be down during E3 and Sony will have a press conference about their new online system PSN++! from xmb game joining, cross-game chat, updated friend's list, SERVERS for all games, auto update for everything, and access to U3 Beta. Also Sony will bring out Zipper and have them issue and official apology for releasing such a shit Socom 4 and that they will never try to appeal to the mass market again.

Can only dream.[/QUOTE]

Since they're re-building the entire network... maybe they are adding something major. I wouldn't mind as it would make me bitch less but I kinda doubt it.

[quote name='Vinny']Since they're re-building the entire network... maybe they are adding something major. I wouldn't mind as it would make me bitch less but I kinda doubt it.[/QUOTE]

They are: security :p

[quote name='basilofbkrst']So last night I was using the PS3 internet because Netflix finally stopped working. Shit froze up on me. Nothing new. However, when I turned the system back on I got a prompt to send a report to Sony on the error. I think that's new.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 web browser freezes due to javascript. Turn javascript off in the browser and only turn it on when you're trying to watch a youtube video or something. Also, try not to change windows or scroll while a web page is loading, ESPECIALLY large web pages. I use the PS3 web browser more than my actual computer. Not to say it's good, it's just it's nice to be on the couch. Besides, my computer is ancient and can't even play youtube videos at 240p without a poor framerate.

[quote name='Buuhan1']The PS3 web browser freezes due to javascript. Turn javascript off in the browser and only turn it on when you're trying to watch a youtube video or something. Also, try not to change windows or scroll while a web page is loading, ESPECIALLY large web pages. I use the PS3 web browser more than my actual computer. Not to say it's good, it's just it's nice to be on the couch. Besides, my computer is ancient and can't even play youtube videos at 240p without a poor framerate.[/QUOTE]

I usually have it off. I was testing to see of hulu without plus would work. Clicked on a vid link on the home page and it died :booty:

No more of THAT

I have a question, but I don't feel like sifting through a 110+ page thread. Am I the only one who doesn't automatically buy the whole "Anon did it" thing?

Personally I don't believe Anon did it as a group, but like they have stated when they claimed it wasn't them, they can't control everyone. It might be one of the lower levels of Anon, but who knows really right now.

[quote name='hereon']Personally I don't believe Anon did it as a group, but like they have stated when they claimed it wasn't them, they can't control everyone. It might be one of the lower levels of Anon, but who knows really right now.[/QUOTE]

That's what is so stupid about Anon since there is so many of them. Some of them could honestly say no we didn't do it and some of the other members could have. Either way I still hate hackers no matter who it was.

[quote name='wrencrest']Playing games is one thing, but unless you are already close to getting those plats, no way a person with a job and other responsibilities can do that in three weeks. Either that or you are super human and dont require any sleep. And I am not trying to hate or anything, serisouly, props to you if you got 8 plats. I wouldnt mind doing that myself, but it is just not possible with a FT job, wife, kid, house, in laws, friends, enemies, eating and sleeping.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys ever stop to ask what the 8 games were? You're also assuming he started from scratch. There are a lot of games out there that are an extremely easy and short platinum. God of War 1, 2, and 3 all take maybe 10-12 hours to Platinum, X-Blades takes about 10 hours, Heavy Rain takes about 18 hours, Last Rebellion takes maybe 8 hours at max, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine takes about 20 hours, and those are just platinums I have gotten off the top of my head. That's 7 platinums from start to finish in around 92 hours of gaming, which sounds like a lot until you consider 3 weeks is like 540 hours of time. That's like 4-5 hours a day gaming, which most of us do already.

[quote name='aptanor']I have a question, but I don't feel like sifting through a 110+ page thread. Am I the only one who doesn't automatically buy the whole "Anon did it" thing?[/QUOTE]

Considering all the turbulence I've been seeing in Anon itself from watching the various feeds of OpSony, OpPayback, and AnonOps I'm going to have to say they had some hand in it at some level.

From my understanding if the external intrusion was done by someone claiming to be Anon they were indeed a part of Anon and following that logic Anon did it. And since Anon could deny they did it as well as say they did it, do to the nature of its organization, I both believe they did it and also believe they didn't do it.

The end result still sucks, with the only good things will be a more secure PSN, a welcome back program, and the ability to go online again with my PS3...some day.

[quote name='jman619']That's what is so stupid about Anon since there is so many of them. Some of them could honestly say no we didn't do it and some of the other members could have. Either way I still hate hackers no matter who it was.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...what is worse is that I have wanted a Playstation 3 for the longest of time and I finally purchased one...that was about three weeks ago exactly. The same day the PSN goes down :wall:

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']If you actually took the time to look, you'd see that IGN didn't release a review for Brink on PS3 because of the fact that online is down for PSN and that wouldn't be fair to the game:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167011p1.html

They did release a 360 review though, since their online works fine...so I'm guessing the PS3 review won't differ much from that. Typically they won't review games unless they are able to review it in its entirety and will delay reviews for that very reason.

That said, I don't really trust reviews all that much, they are just one person's opinion and that one person is no more qualified than me or you to review a game. It's an objective opinion and if done properly, can be used to see some of the pros and cons of a game before making a decision to buy it, if say, you were on the fence about picking up a specific title.[/QUOTE]

Please read my post again. Nowhere in my post did I mention Brink. However, IGN did review the new Virtual Tennis game, which to my understanding, has a rather robust online component.

Before you drop the "If you actually took the time to look" line, make sure you actually take the time to look.

bread's done
Back