PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

That blog post said everyone around the world will be up by the end of the week. It is possible that today or tomorrow some countries will be turned on and it will slowly spread over the week until everyone is on by Friday.

[quote name='mwynn']When and where was there an official announcement that the store would return May 31?[/QUOTE]

The Playstation Blog stated last week while they were having maintenance that they were still "shooting for" having all services (including the Playstation Store) operational by the end of the month, which would have been May 31st.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-today/

So while they didn't guarantee it, the "official" statement certainly got people's hopes that it would have been up today. They should have just kept their mouths shut in regards to a date. First there was the leaked memo to developers that it would be May 24th. Then this blog statement saying it wouldn't be up on the 24th as "rumored", but that they still were hoping to have it up by the end of the month.

I don't care that the leaked memo was never supposed to be public knowledge, but the fact is that pretty much all major gaming sites did stories on it. And then Sony never denied it....until the day of the 24th with a weak statement saying they're shooting for the end of the month.

I'm sorry, but it's just bad PR to give out dates (yes, even the leaked one, because they could have immediately denied it) and then not meet them.

I know it's only a "couple more days", but based on Sony's track record with the way this was handled, i can only take that with a grain of salt. Even if it does come back, it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth with the way that Sony approached the entire debacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='awp']The Playstation Blog stated last week while they were having maintenance that they were still "shooting for" having all services (including the Playstation Store) operational by the end of the month, which would have been May 31st.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-today/

So while they didn't guarantee it, the "official" statement certainly got people's hopes that it would have been up today. They should have just kept their mouths shut in regards to a date. First there was the leaked memo to developers that it would be May 23rd. Then this blog statement saying it wouldn't be up on the 23rd as "rumored", but that they still were hoping to have it up by the end of the month.

I don't care that the leaked memo was never supposed to be public knowledge, but the fact is that pretty much all major gaming sites did stories on it. And then Sony never denied it....until the day of the 23rd with a weak statement saying they're shooting for the end of the month.

I'm sorry, but it's just bad PR to give out dates (yes, even the leaked one, because they could have immediately denied it) and then not meet them.

I know it's only a "couple more days", but based on Sony's track record with the way this was handled, i can only take that with a grain of salt. Even if it does come back, it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth with the way that Sony approached the entire debacle.[/QUOTE]

I will agree with the PR thing, I would never have released a date. At the same time some people are emotional like 6 year olds. It is the are we there yet syndrome.

meh, I always overestimate on time and then complete the project ahead of schedule. You look like more of a hero that way.

[quote name='yourlefthand']what is a waja moment?[/QUOTE]

It's when you witness something so awkward and embarrassing that you yourself become embarrassed by proxy.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']So the store is being restored today or by the end of the week? o.o[/QUOTE]My money's on neither.

And to add another wrinkle to the story: The EU maintenance has been postponed while the JP store is supposedly ready to rock but awaiting government approval.

That could mean that the US maintenance will soon postpone as well and we'll see the store sooner rather than later or it could mean that any manner of bad things are afoot and have caused a delay.

PSN to Undergo Maintenance Today
Before PSN returns in full force this week, we must relinquish our ability to play online games one more time. The UK PlayStation site reports that the service will be down for maintenance from 4:30 PM GMT today (12:30 PM EST) until 7:01 AM GMT Thursday (3:01 AM EST). If you do want to keep playing online, though, you'll have to make sure that you're signed in to the service before they pull the plug today.

Sony hasn't announced anything for other regions, but if there's one thing we feel safe about assuming, it's a PSN outage. And if it results in renewed PlayStation Store functionality, we are prepared to sit one more day out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/01/psn-to-undergo-maintenance-today/

That pushes us out to atleast tomorrow... Man. I really need it to come back before Saturday so that I can claim my free PSP games and ship my PSP to amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can all hope and pray to get the PS Store by the end of the week, but I, for one, am done with all of that. We will get it, when we get it.

Then again, I am happily playing inFamous 2.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If it gets the store back, then great. I kinda actually need the store up so I could try the Dungeon Siege 3 (assuming they release it to PSN) and assuming it comes out before Dungeon Siege 3.[/QUOTE]
There's at least a one-week exclusivity on the demo anyway, so you wouldn't be able to get it on PSN anyway.

[quote name='nbballard']That pushes us out to atleast tomorrow... Man. I really need it to come back before Saturday so that I can claim my free PSP games and ship it to amazon.[/QUOTE]

Games you already own? Or games that you're getting for free from this outage? If it's the latter, you should know that the free games are tokens for downloadable versions.

[quote name='Scorch']Games you already own? Or games that you're getting for free from this outage? If it's the latter, you should know that the free games are tokens for downloadable versions.[/QUOTE]
Yea- i understand. I'm getting rid of my PSP, and I want to activate the tokens on my account before i deactivate the system and reformat it (I'm assuming you have to do this via a PSP that was active during the outage and not just any PSN user will have the option).

That way, if I get one later, or if the NGP is backwards compatible I can access them.

err- just re-read that post. Sorry it was worded very poorly.

Got it. Makes sense. I've been waiting for the PSN to come back up so I can finally play FFIV. I own the game but I'm keeping it as part of my collection.. I'd rather keep my copy sealed and download it digitally so I can play it on both the PSP and NGP.

All I can say is I better have zero issues claiming a ton of codes that have been waiting to be redeemed or there will be hell to pay. Need to sell this $10 PSN card, too. fuck.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL@ PSN 'undergoing maintenance' for most of a fuckin' day again.:roll:

Why not just pull the plug completely and admit defeat already, Sony?[/QUOTE]
Jokes on you: hackers removed the plug, so they can't.

Anyone know if the freebies will stay in your download queue? I'd really hate if it was like fl0w, where you could DL it free but it disappeared from your queue list. If my PSN gets busted up I'd like to buy a new one and DL all my shit again.

[quote name='Jodou']All I can say is I better have zero issues claiming a ton of codes that have been waiting to be redeemed or there will be hell to pay. Need to sell this $10 PSN card, too. fuck.[/QUOTE]

you can already redeem them at qriocity.com.

[quote name='edson13']you can already redeem them at qriocity.com.[/QUOTE]

Can you change your PSN password there too, and is it safe to do so now?

[quote name='IRHari']Anyone know if the freebies will stay in your download queue? I'd really hate if it was like fl0w, where you could DL it free but it disappeared from your queue list. If my PSN gets busted up I'd like to buy a new one and DL all my shit again.[/QUOTE]
THIS. They'd better not make it only a ONE TIME download.:roll:

[quote name='IRHari']Anyone know if the freebies will stay in your download queue? I'd really hate if it was like fl0w, where you could DL it free but it disappeared from your queue list. If my PSN gets busted up I'd like to buy a new one and DL all my shit again.[/QUOTE]

So that's why my roommate couldn't DL fl0w. I was wondering why when I gameshared with him he got everything but that. Shady.

I wish there is some gambling site out there that's taking bets on when PSN store will return. Hey people bet on which color dress the queen wore at the British loyal wedding.

[quote name='Zmonkay']So that's why my roommate couldn't DL fl0w. I was wondering why when I gameshared with him he got everything but that. Shady.[/QUOTE]
Actually when Sprint gave away Rag Doll Kung Fu a while ago I was still able to re-download it on a different PS3. So not every promotion makes the game(s) one time downloads.:)

Says: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201106/11-0602E/index.html

PDF download which states June 2nd.

Full PlayStation®Network Services Restored; Music Unlimited Powered by Qriocity™ to Become Available on PlayStation®3, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs

Tokyo, June 2, 2011 –Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services today June 2, 2011, in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs.

Details of “Welcome Back” package program offered to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services will be announced from each region. Announcement for restoration in Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as for the remaining services on Qriocity will be made as they become available.

Keep getting error messages, and all the free games are listed at full price. Unless I'm missing something? Oh well, was going to download some stuff while I was sleeping but it can wait.

Woot, got Platinum, the Piano Gun, some Dynasty Warriors 7 DLC, and some Hyperdimension Neptunia DLC ^_^.

Gotta buy a PSN card tommorow, glad i already had a 9$ Best Buy GC.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yay. Time for free games yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, looks like it'll be tomorrow at the earliest (that's when the next store update will be, no clue if they'll include the welcome back offers). The only thing I was hoping for were the free games and the PS+ discounts/free content which aren't up yet for non-subscribers.

bread's done
Back