PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They added new DLC, two new games (Minis), and new avatars, themes, and deals that weren't there before.

The 5/20 thing is when they extended your PS+ sub, which brought up all of the content you've downloaded with your sub. Try looking at your purchase history to see what you've bought recently.[/QUOTE]

OK, just missed the themes and avatars since they are buried in the menus and not even in order of release within the sub-menu. And I tend to ignore the minis so I never know when they change. It was the main free games I was talking about.

I did snag that free MAG pack which was nice as it is normally $4.99 (not sure if that was up before or not). In the other thread you said there was Killzone 3 DLC for PS+? I don't see that one anywhere - just the MAG and SOCOM 4 stuff.

Why don't they have purchase history within the Store interface? It took me a while to find it outside of there. But, yeah, that doesn't really help either as it doesn't show a running total of your wallet funds. There isn't anything on there that shouldn't be, but that doesn't mean I'm not missing some money. I'm just not 100% sure, though, so I guess I'll just let it go. I know I had more than $30 in there though. It almost seems like I didn't get credit for a $20 PSN card redemption as the only one on there is from way back in Jan and I was pretty sure I added another after that.

I also still don't get why they'd need to change the download history to update the expiration on your PS+ items. I mean, will it do that every time you renew as well? The odd thing is that it also did it for DLC and stuff and I thought that was free to keep forever anyway.

[quote name='Jodou']That's because fl0w wasn't supposed to be free IIRC. It was a mistake and they took it down and removed it from download queues. Obviously they couldn't force you to uninstall it, though.[/QUOTE]

Don't think that's true, it wasn't a mistake and the PSN store itself noted it was free for the day.

Wish I could sell my free games somehow; really have no desire to play anything they listed.

http://www.gamingbits.com/sony-play...ary-13th-only-from-the-ps3-playstation-store/

OT, when Dark Souls comes out me and you gotta Pantheon & Plat that shit, again.

[quote name='io']OK, just missed the themes and avatars since they are buried in the menus and not even in order of release within the sub-menu. And I tend to ignore the minis so I never know when they change. It was the main free games I was talking about.

I did snag that free MAG pack which was nice as it is normally $4.99 (not sure if that was up before or not). In the other thread you said there was Killzone 3 DLC for PS+? I don't see that one anywhere - just the MAG and SOCOM 4 stuff.

Why don't they have purchase history within the Store interface? It took me a while to find it outside of there. But, yeah, that doesn't really help either as it doesn't show a running total of your wallet funds. There isn't anything on there that shouldn't be, but that doesn't mean I'm not missing some money. I'm just not 100% sure, though, so I guess I'll just let it go. I know I had more than $30 in there though. It almost seems like I didn't get credit for a $20 PSN card redemption as the only one on there is from way back in Jan and I was pretty sure I added another after that.

I also still don't get why they'd need to change the download history to update the expiration on your PS+ items. I mean, will it do that every time you renew as well? The odd thing is that it also did it for DLC and stuff and I thought that was free to keep forever anyway.[/QUOTE]
Purchase history should tell you when purchases occured and what was purchased. Is it not telling you any of that? Download history won't tell you what you paid for and how much you spent on it.

I Just signed up for PS+ a few months ago, so I wouldn't know what happens when you renew it.

[quote name='io'] But, yeah, that doesn't really help either as it doesn't show a running total of your wallet funds. [/QUOTE]

If you use Gmail or some other searchable e-mail, search for this text:

PlayStation(R)Store Receipt

These receipt e-mails not only tell you when and what you bought, but each one also has a line at the end telling you your remaining wallet balance at the time.

A quick search should turn up your purchases and allow you to find any discrepancies in your Wallet Balance.

[quote name='io'] In the other thread you said there was Killzone 3 DLC for PS+? I don't see that one anywhere[/QUOTE]

It wasn't in the Plus section for me either. However, when I manually surfed over to the Killzone 3 add-ons in the store it did show up as free with the little plus icon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Thanks, yeah, I should have all those emails, though my computer died on me a few weeks ago. I probably have to import my old email from my old hard drive which is what went bad (though only the boot portion I think - most files seem to be OK).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Purchase history should tell you when purchases occured and what was purchased. Is it not telling you any of that? Download history won't tell you what you paid for and how much you spent on it.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I just explained how that doesn't help ;). But thanks for pointing it out to me - I wasn't aware there was anything but the download histiry (since the purchase history is hidden within Account Management and is not part of the store interface as I would expect it to be). Like I said, everything in the purchase history is OK - I just think it is missing a $20 PSN card redemption I made right before PSN went down. And I have no idea where that card is to try it again.

[quote name='io']^^ Thanks, yeah, I should have all those emails, though my computer died on me a few weeks ago. I'll have to look.

Yeah, and I just explained how that doesn't help ;). But thanks for pointing it out to me - I wasn't aware there was anything but the download histiry (since the purchase history is hidden within Account Management and is not part of the store interface as I would expect it to be). Like I said, everything in the purchase history is OK - I just think it is missing a $20 PSN card redemption I made right before PSN went down. And I have no idea where that card is to try it again.[/QUOTE]
I thought you were trying to find out where the "missing" $15 went, hence why a purchase history would help you figure out where that could've gone?

Going to the PS Store to get to the download/purchase history and redeem codes is just an unnecessary step since I could get them directly from the XMB.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Going to the PS Store to get to the download/purchase history and redeem codes is just an unnecessary step since I could get them directly from the XMB.[/QUOTE]

Well, except that I am never thinking of purchases unless I'm in the store anyway. It seems ass-backwards to me, actually. It makes sense to have download history in the XMB since you may just want to redownload something without going into the store. But purchase history and fund balance should be store-related things. But that's just my preference I suppose - though part of my job is to design user interfaces ;).

I found some of my redemption emails but most of them are missing so that didn't help much either. Oh well, I'll jsut chalk it up as a loss. I don't think it was any sort of account compromise shenanigans related to the PSN outage - I think it might have just glitched on me when redeeming a $20 PSN card and I didn't realize it at the time (or it indicated it worked when it didn't). Whatever it was happened before the recent PSN mess.

[quote name='io']

I found some of my redemption emails but most of them are missing so that didn't help much either. Oh well, I'll jsut chalk it up as a loss. I don't think it was any sort of account compromise shenanigans related to the PSN outage - I think it might have just glitched on me when redeeming a $20 PSN card and I didn't realize it at the time (or it indicated it worked when it didn't). Whatever it was happened before the recent PSN mess.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry that didn't help and sorry to hear that you may have misplaced a PSN card that didn't properly redeem. I just know that I thought my account had around $12 dollars in it before PSN went down and only had $1.88 in it this morning. However, a quick search of my receipt e-mails turned up my last purchase receipt which clearly showed I was wrong and really did have only $1.88 remaining.

OK...Confused here...all this free stuff is only for ps+ members right? Don't have ps+ here so just wondering....

And PSN is Sooooo slow....two and a half hours of DL the infamous2 trial and only 800mb has downloaded so far.....Ugh!!!

[quote name='praxus07']OK...Confused here...all this free stuff is only for ps+ members right? Don't have ps+ here so just wondering....

And PSN is Sooooo slow....two and a half hours of DL the infamous2 trial and only 800mb has downloaded so far.....Ugh!!![/QUOTE]

When the Welcome Back program starts you will get your choice of 2 of 5 free games and a 30 day trial of PS+

[quote name='praxus07']OK...Confused here...all this free stuff is only for ps+ members right? Don't have ps+ here so just wondering....

And PSN is Sooooo slow....two and a half hours of DL the infamous2 trial and only 800mb has downloaded so far.....Ugh!!![/QUOTE]

I got it in less than an hour about 2 hours ago. But I've had it be just as slow as what you are seeing before as well. It seems highly variable even at the same time for different people.

Everyone has PS+ for a month.

[quote name='elessar123']Everyone has PS+ for a month.[/QUOTE]

Is that active for everyone right now? If so, praxus07, the freebie PSN games you can get right now (and use only while you are an active PS+ member) are Comet Crash and Sonic 2. They might change those again soon, though.

The nice thing is that my son can now get the avatars he has always wanted (and those should be good once the PS+ expires). Just like Xbox Live avatar clothes, the PSN avatars are tied to the account so only I have been able to use the freebies I've downloaded from PS+. So I'll have to make sure he downloads them during his free month. Everything else (games, themes) he can use off my PS+ sub already.

[quote name='praxus07']

I downloaded it in 20 minutes...

[quote name='elessar123']Everyone has PS+ for a month.[/QUOTE]

I don't seem to have it. I never had it originally, and now when I go into the plus section of the store and try clicking on the current free items it asks me to join plus, or pay the full price for the game.

So no idea how I'm supposed to activate it, if it's not an automatic free type of thing (the free month i mean).

[quote name='Oaxan']I downloaded it in 20 minutes...[/QUOTE]

Cool. PSN is always extremely slow for me. I downloaded the Dungeon Seige 1.5gb trial on XBL in about 20 minutes, but this is going to take another two hours or so to finish.....

[quote name='praxus07']I don't seem to have it. I never had it originally, and now when I go into the plus section of the store and try clicking on the current free items it asks me to join plus, or pay the full price for the game.

So no idea how I'm supposed to activate it, if it's not an automatic free type of thing (the free month i mean).[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it just isn't activated yet and will be when they roll out the whole welcome back thing. When it is active, you will see little plus logos next to the games that are free or on sale and the original price will be crossed out with the new price or "free" shown instead. It will be obvious once it happens so don't worry about that. I'm assuming it will go active for everyone automatically, but you never know with Sony.

[quote name='io']I got it in less than an hour about 2 hours ago. But I've had it be just as slow as what you are seeing before as well. It seems highly variable even at the same time for different people.[/QUOTE]

Just finished downloading Infamous 2 demo...my cable modem maxes at 10 down and my download took @ 40 minutes...seemed decent to me.

I noticed it took a little longer to get into the store itself (a few seconds longer) otherwise I'm having no problems downloading anything. That pyramid mini was pretty crappy but I like the octopus mini game. And as usual Qore is taking forever to download. It's still nice to have the store back up though.

[quote name='io']
I found some of my redemption emails but most of them are missing so that didn't help much either. Oh well, I'll jsut chalk it up as a loss.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if some of the earlier ones are missing, all you need is the last PSN receipt email. If you can remember the last time you downloaded something (the last game or whatever you downloaded) for which you used PSN points, see if you still have the email for that transaction, and then check the remaining account balance it gives you in that email. If that's definitely the last PSN purchase you made, then the remaining balance in that email is what you should have in your wallet. Personally, I always keep only the last receipt email, so I can easily keep track of what I should have in my wallet (I would use quite a few PSN gift cards and e vouchers and whatnot before, so I needed to keep track of it)

I signed onto PSN and went to the store for the first time in weeks today, was kinda worried because I had like $50 in my wallet before everything got f-ed up. Luckily, it looks like it's all still there in my wallet.:)

[quote name='monash65']Oh, and I know the free games are coming soon, but is there any news about the free movie rentals?[/QUOTE]
Should be at the same time since they're all part of the Welcome Back program.

[quote name='mediamixerj']Any word on when final fantasy v, vi and chrono cross is coming to psn? I thought it was supposed to be sometime this month or last month.[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen any dates attached to any of them, just announcements of when they appeared on the ESRB's site.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Should be at the same time since they're all part of the Welcome Back program.

I haven't seen any dates attached to any of them, just announcements of when they appeared on the ESRB's site.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I figured with it appearing on esrb that it'd be up soon similar to dino crisis 2 appearing on esrb website a week or so before it's release on the store.

Anyone having issues transfering titles to the psp from media go?

[quote name='mediamixerj']Okay. I figured with it appearing on esrb that it'd be up soon similar to dino crisis 2 appearing on esrb website a week or so before it's release on the store.

Anyone having issues transfering titles to the psp from media go?[/QUOTE]

I just had this occur, except with trying to transfer Suikoden to my PSP. Came up with a 80029701 error.

EDIT: I just tried again and it copied this time.

[quote name='sp00ge']I just had this occur, except with trying to transfer Suikoden to my PSP. Came up with a 80029701 error.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it must be similar to the 80048104 network error?
Its working fine downloading directly to the psp though.

I don't expect the PS Store to be stable until a few days after the Welcome Back program is put into effect. People think its hard now to get around on the PS Store, but the freebies haven't even been rolled out yet. When that happens I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete meltdown of the PS Store due to overload.

Quick question, do you guys know if we have the free month of PS+ now or do we have to wait until the Welcome Back program comes into effect?

You would think that when the system comes back online is the proper time for a welcome back program.
Not days/weeks after.

Not complaining, criticizing. Yes, there's a difference.

For those wondering about PS+. On the top right of the media bar where they have your number of friends and that ticker of text for news updates. That's where you will see the PS+ icon. Or go to the friends list and look at your name, if you see the PS+ icon next to it, you have PS+.

With that said, waiting for the press release of updates to the PSN store today :D. I found the PSN Store a little slow but nothing terrible. Downloading was usual. 2.5 gigs in 7 hours. That's about right.

Ok, so did anyone have to reset their password using a computer? If so, how did you do it?

I got the email but when I click the link in the email, it takes me to the PS site, which is down for maintenance.

[quote name='velvet396']You would think that when the system comes back online is the proper time for a welcome back program.
Not days/weeks after.

Not complaining, criticizing. Yes, there's a difference.[/QUOTE]

Consider how sluggish things werewhen it reopened (things still aren't normal). Now imagine the clusterfuck it would be if they put up the welcome back package from the start

Sigh, still couldn't download my LA Noire DLC last night because I'd just watch as the 600 MB DL time increased and my percentage sat at zero. I may just have to say fuck it and play without it, because the connection is still too unstable for it to sit three hours downloading.

You get what you pay for has never rung truer.

[quote name='Jodou']Sigh, still couldn't download my LA Noire DLC last night because I'd just watch as the 600 MB DL time increased and my percentage sat at zero. I may just have to say fuck it and play without it, because the connection is still too unstable for it to sit three hours downloading.

You get what you pay for has never rung truer.[/QUOTE]

I was downloading a 2GB demo last night at like 1.5mb's/second over WiFi

[quote name='Jodou']Sigh, still couldn't download my LA Noire DLC last night because I'd just watch as the 600 MB DL time increased and my percentage sat at zero. I may just have to say fuck it and play without it, because the connection is still too unstable for it to sit three hours downloading.

You get what you pay for has never rung truer.[/QUOTE]
I downloaded "The Consul's Car" DLC (668 MB, IIRC) this morning in about 6-7 minutes.

Downloading LBP now and it's going quite fast. Already 30% done (600mb), and I started it like 6 minutes ago

I might be wrong, but their servers seem much faster now

Do I need to download the PSP games from a PSP or can they be downloaded on my PS3? It's going to be a long night either way. I am looking at the infamous 2 demo and the welcome back games.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do I need to download the PSP games from a PSP or can they be downloaded on my PS3? It's going to be a long night either way. I am looking at the infamous 2 demo and the welcome back games.[/QUOTE]

yeah, pretty sure you can dl it to your PS3, then just connect your PSP and transfer over. That's what I'm going to do

anyway, my DL of LBP just finished. Pretty damn fast

[quote name='elessar123']So apparently, Sony got hacked again (not PSN). And the passwords are once again, in plain text.

WTF is wrong with their IT team?[/QUOTE]

If you have the same security for all of your affiliate sites, it's going to take awhile to implement a new system for everything.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do I need to download the PSP games from a PSP or can they be downloaded on my PS3? It's going to be a long night either way. I am looking at the infamous 2 demo and the welcome back games.[/QUOTE]
The Welcome Back section on the PS3 has spots to pick your PS3 and PSP games.

bread's done
Back