PSN March Savings - $10 Back for every $50 spent (now - March 31st)

jedolley

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw this on PSN...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-get-10-for-every-50-spent/

What a start we’ve had to 2013! We here at PlayStation Network have no intention of slowing down anytime soon, and we have a great new promotion and a number of great digital titles coming your way starting next month.
Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.
We also have a number of brand new Day 1 Digital titles coming your way in March, and even better, they’re all available for pre-order starting tomorrow, February 26! Pre-ordering the titles gets you a free theme, and a number of the titles come with additional pre-order bonuses for PSN buyers.
Grabbing these titles is a great way to take advantage of this promotion, as every $50 you spend counts toward getting $10 increments back in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Graviex']Also, while not instant, but you can save 5% off of a PSN card at Target if you have a RedCard to use.[/QUOTE]
This works? I never really try it, but I always thought that 5% Redcard savings doesn't apply to gift cards (PSN, Live, Nintendo points are tricky business). Since the PSN cards are non-refundable, I never bother to check the 5% discount works or not.

I got an email saying i have a $10 certificate and to check my messages for it.. but im not sure if this is for renewing PS+ or if this is that random $10 they were giving away this week. Anyone know how the $10 back works? Is it put in your wallet or is it a code they email you on your PS account?

[quote name='Graviex']Also, while not instant, but you can save 5% off of a PSN card at Target if you have a RedCard to use.[/QUOTE]

I use Citi Forward at Amazon. 5 Thank You points per dollar traded for Amazon gift cards works out to 4.17%.

Good deal for those starting PS+ and buying games.

I probably won't resubscribe to PS+ though, thanks to gamesharing. PS+ had some cool perks, but the games offered weren't the best. Gamers with a huge backlog probably won't need it. :)

[quote name='nightmare452']Its not. Sony hasn't said anything about their online infrastructure for PS4. There are even rumors that PS+ will not exist on PS4 (at least for a while like on Vita), and that Sony might do other pay-to-play-online plans ala Xbox Live Gold. Again, we don't know, so PS4 having PS+ is not guaranteed.

I'm currently trying to think of PS+ as a PS3 service only, but that's just me. Even then, if PS+ keeps giving us good deals and some good free games, I'm ok with $50 a year for it. This deal makes it $50 plus $10 back for 15 months of +, so much better.[/QUOTE]

last rumor i read which is very close too what your saying, is they mit do a 3 tier of ps+ silver, gold, platinum. later when they have more game too offer an service running like gaikai they upgrade it to that.

in my opinion it will be silver = free online, minor other things. gold = what we have now for ps+ on ps3, with added minor thing for ps4. platinum = everything ps+ does on ps3 just now includes ps4 discounts, free game, etc.

Hmmm... 15 months of PS+ for $40? I really can't decide. On the one hand I still have a month remaining. I do not have a Vita, and from what I've heard on PS4 thus far will not be getting that either unless it's dirt cheap (cheaper than WiiU cheap). And I have a backlog to last me through the year anyways, so unless the newest Metal Gear or God of War somehow become "free" for PS+ers I really don't think I have a use for it.

On the other hand, 15 months for $40 is hard to turn down, and I doubt they'll do anything for PS+ on PS4 for a good 7 months or so, besides maybe a minor sale or something.

I'm leaning towards no, but I really can't decide :/

I was thinking about applying for a Playstation card to take advantage of the "get $50 PSN credit with your first purchase" promotion. I just got approved for the card, so I need to wait for it to arrive in the mail.

But I was wondering what the fine print was in regards to the qualifying purchase. Can it be a first-time purchase of any amount? Can you use it on the PSN store? How long does it take to receive the $50 promotional credit?

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']How soon until the email for the 10 dollars?[/QUOTE]

The promo doesn't end till 04/01 so it's safe to say it will be after that date.

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']How soon until the email for the 10 dollars?[/QUOTE]
You will receive the redemption Code by April 12, 2013 via XMB message on PS3™ or the email account used to set up your Sony Entertainment Network Sign-in ID. Code expires May 12, 2013.

** You will receive your credit reward redemption Code via the email account used to set up your Sony Entertainment Network ID and via XMB message on PlayStation®3 console for PS3™ registered Accounts.

Is God of War Ascension going to be offered day 1 digital? Wondering if I should score 10 bucks on PSN that way (I have a 1TB HD) or buy it off Amazon and score the 10 bucks from them.

PSN purchases will work on the PS4 and Ps3 Games will work on Ps4

[quote name='JoshTX']Is God of War Ascension going to be offered day 1 digital? Wondering if I should score 10 bucks on PSN that way (I have a 1TB HD) or buy it off Amazon and score the 10 bucks from them.[/QUOTE]

The new GOW won't be digital at all -- it's too damn big.

[quote name='plutoknight']The new GOW won't be digital at all -- it's too damn big.[/QUOTE]
Yeah just look at Uncharted 3, 43GB. Probably be able to finish the game via disc before it finishes downloading. :whistle2:#

[quote name='htz']Yeah just look at Uncharted 3, 43GB. Probably be able to finish the game via disc before it finishes downloading. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

damn, that probably means Uncharted 4 will require 2 Dual-Layer Blu-rays for PS4

[quote name='htz']Yeah just look at Uncharted 3, 43GB. Probably be able to finish the game via disc before it finishes downloading. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

The actual uncharted 3 game file is around 15 gigs. It's the all dlc packs that make this ridiculous.

so do you get 10 for every 50 you spent in the psn like if u spent 200 or more do u get 40 or more

[quote name='starmask2k3']so do you get 10 for every 50 you spent in the psn like if u spent 200 or more do u get 40 or more[/QUOTE]

Yes. Sony used 50 and 100 as examples.

[quote name='Draknight']The actual uncharted 3 game file is around 15 gigs. It's the all dlc packs that make this ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Not really? The DLC and updates at most was probably 1-3GB (I think)
Uncharted 1 and 2 were about 20GB.

Received and activated the Playstation card today. Just looking on what to make my first purchase with so I can get the $50.

If I use the card on the PSN Store on my PS3, will that qualify as a purchase for the $50 code?

gonna buy Bioshock Infinite Premium for 79.99 since PSN gave me free $10 back in Feb. Then ill buy ME3 Citadel DLC and maybe GTA Vice City. Ill get $20 back in April :)
Bioshock Infinite Premium on PSN is a better deal than Gamestop. Comes with Bioshock 1 and all story DLC for Infinite

bread's done
Back