PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people who were interested in New Vegas, here's a small update...

Time played: 58 hrs
Hard resets: 7
Unplayable lag: 5

All of this was while clearing the cache and playing offline (minus the 2 hard resets I had to do at the beginning of the game before I even made it out of Goodsprings). Judging by other people's experiences I've read I'm doing somewhat better, but it's still pretty damn annoying. I'm about 2/3 through the base game, but haven't touched any DLC yet so that should be interesting. My saves have reached 7.5mb and supposedly once they get to the 10ish range it gets worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the steering is weirdly broken. It only lets you turn for a limited time. So for example if you get to a long curve, when you hold left or right to turn that direction, you'll turn for a short period, straighten out, turn again, straighten out. It's like holding a direction is telling the game to turn for a specific time period and then reset to straight. When you hold it, it just cycles between turning and not turning. It makes the curves in the game feel really weird to navigate.

For people who were interested in New Vegas, here's a small update...

Time played: 58 hrs
Hard resets: 7
Unplayable lag: 5

All of this was while clearing the cache and playing offline (minus the 2 hard resets I had to do at the beginning of the game before I even made it out of Goodsprings). Judging by other people's experiences I've read I'm doing somewhat better, but it's still pretty damn annoying. I'm about 2/3 through the base game, but haven't touched any DLC yet so that should be interesting. My saves have reached 7.5mb and supposedly once they get to the 10ish range it gets worse.
I had about 5 crashes total, never did the clear the cache trick. The best part about New Vegas for me is how the DLC opens it up. I also turned off autosave completely and manually saved a lot between 3 different save files.

I wouldnt wear it, but I felt this tshirt was pretty clever for any Zelda fans:
f5WrPxD.jpg

That was a little dicey. In ch, 10 of El Shaddai there is a section where there is a difficult set of jumps in front of you (columns sway back and forth horizontally and you have to jump across the tops of 10 of them) and you can either try and make the jumps or you can go off to the side to an alcove, fight some enemies, and then press a button to lower non-moving blocks between the gaps in the columns so it becomes much easier. Since I am going for God Rank, you need to kill as many enemies as possible. So I went into the optional alcove, killed all six enemies (took about 45 mins of trying) and barely survived with 1 heart,

Hit the button, made the now easy jumps and it auto-saved. Right after those jumps there is another optional alcove, but after smashing the pots on the platform all if gave me back is 1 heart for a total of 2 (full HP is 6). fuck.... This alcove had 8 enemies, after an hour and a half of trying I finally beat all 8, but it doesn't auto-save after the battle, you have to make the jumps first before you can save. Pressing the button doesn't stop the columns swaying, it only removes some floating enemies that made it only slightly more difficult.

I failed the first jump of 10...

angry-kangaroo.gif

After that incident I decided to skip it and gamble that I had a high enough combo score to reach God rank without the 8 kills in that alcove and made the jumps after a few tries without pressing the button. Thankfully I did have a high enough score.

10 of 11

LBP3 net code is the worst in any game I have encountered.  It constantly crashes when you try to add players.  Myself and 3 friends tried for 45 minutes this morning to get all 4 of us in a game to do the one 4 player section you need for a trophy before giving up.

Then 2 of us tried to do 2 players each to get it done.  After another 15 minutes we gave up on that.  I can't believe they put it out with it this bad.

There is like a tranquil song that comes on once in a while in spelunky, it kind of sounds like a song from the old Dragon Warrior games.

Does it mean anything?  I just had it in 1-2 and I swear there wasn't a shop or a damsel in that level.

fuck

Were you able to use the same character save through all the dlc our did you start a new character? And if you kept the same character, do you remember how big your file got by the time you were finishing up?
I used the same game character for story and dlc. I also think I made a new set of save files, since the ones I have show 9 and 10 mb. My gametime was 96 hours played. Have you tried playing without autosave yet, Top? Try and do a test run, ease into saving manually.

There is like a tranquil song that comes on once in a while in spelunky, it kind of sounds like a song from the old Dragon Warrior games.

Does it mean anything? I just had it in 1-2 and I swear there wasn't a shop or a damsel in that level.
There is a small random chance to get "retro" tracks for a level. That's probably what you heard

LBP3 net code is the worst in any game I have encountered. It constantly crashes when you try to add players. Myself and 3 friends tried for 45 minutes this morning to get all 4 of us in a game to do the one 4 player section you need for a trophy before giving up.

Then 2 of us tried to do 2 players each to get it done. After another 15 minutes we gave up on that. I can't believe they put it out with it this bad.
lbp vita code was almost as bad it sounds like. It was often literally impossible to play more than two players at a time.

Does it mean anything? I just had it in 1-2 and I swear there wasn't a shop or a damsel in that level.
Sometimes it will just randomly change the song in one of the levels, likely to break up the monotony.

About to make my dumbest purchase ever getting Tales from the Borderlands at full price, but dammit, I wanna play that shit!! I was also extremely conservative with my BF spending, so that helps. You guys (you know who you are) are more than welcome to play it, but it's on PS4.

Edit: Wait, Yanks, does your group have this? Might push me over the edge to join.
Nah, with their ninja release of it, we didn't have an agreement in place to purchase. I am asking the group now. If I had to venture a guess, considering how known Telltale is to discount those Season Passes, the end vote may be to wait to buy when it goes on sale.

Hit up Trophy DLC from the GS thread though. He is renting a slot of the first episode for only .50. It's PS3 only, but I have played half way through and it runs great so far. It's pretty awesome so far too.

The early morning MS glitch with the free game with Kinect Sports Rivals worked for me as I received shipment notification on Forza Horizon 2 a little while ago.    

vpaZrG.gif

dz9g5u.jpg

It's bizarre, ch. 10 followed by ch. 3 were the most difficult by far (unless you are bad at platforming, then ch. 8 would be your bane). It's just a tough mix of enemy types in Ch. 3. Now just have a few easy level specific trophies and some do X thing Y times and I'll have the plat.

11/11

Here's the series of youtube videos I used if you want to go for it too.

Like Stotch was yesterday, I feel like I should do something productive today instead of sit around and play video games all day
good idea. But Stotch shouldn't be your example. What did he do? Shovel snow so he could leave the house? That isn't productive. That is survival.

If you guys had a problem with your nutsack, would you rather have the doctor that looks at it be a man or a woman?

Asking for a friend.
I wouldnt care either way as they are professionals. Its a job to them. And I am pretty sure they usually have two people in the room now a days during these type of things for good reason.

I have had several cortisone shots in my butt through the last few years. And at least twice it was a woman that shot me up. There was always a second person, usually a guy nurse or doc there as well.

If you guys had a problem with your nutsack, would you rather have the doctor that looks at it be a man or a woman?

Asking for a friend.
To counter the 'professional, so it doesn't matter who looks at your junk' meme:

I had an issue with bleeding in my urine when I was 12/13. The doctor was a female, and actually asked if I was circumcised. After looking at my penis. Seriously. I don't even know how she passed biology in high school, let alone earn qualifications for licensing.

To counter the 'professional, so it doesn't matter who looks at your junk' meme:

I had an issue with bleeding in my urine when I was 12/13. The doctor was a female, and actually asked if I was circumcised. After looking at my penis. Seriously. I don't even know how she passed biology in high school, let alone earn qualifications for licensing.
Maybe she was just bringing it up for small talk. (Emphasis on small)

Asking for a friend.
At the point in which something was going on with my nutsack, I wouldn't give a shit. For regular (~every 5 years for me) checkups and stuff I prefer having a female doctor.

I wouldnt care either way as they are professionals. Its a job to them. And I am pretty sure they usually have two people in the room now a days during these type of things for good reason.

I have had several cortisone shots in my butt through the last few years. And at least twice it was a woman that shot me up. There was always a second person, usually a guy nurse or doc there as well.
Okay, so let's say the office where this friend normally goes has two different attending doctors, a male and a female. And he went to high school with the female one and might've gotten a hand party from her sister. That would be weird, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back