PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
map.png
Colorado was an early candidate when KS got it instead. You know why we are no longer considered?! Comcast forked over 2 million in a campaign to get a law that would not allow fiber without consumer consent, and no one knows what the hell it is and wouldn't vote for it..... fuck Comcast!

Colorado was an early candidate when KS got it instead. You know why we are no longer considered?! Comcast forked over 2 million in a campaign to get a law that would not allow fiber without consumer consent, and no one knows what the hell it is and wouldn't vote for it..... fuck Comcast!
Yep, missed my town by about 30 miles and unfortunately they are building in the direction away from us further into Missouri so we are stuck with the local cable monopoly who has been bought up 3 times by larger enterprises in the last 5 years. I'm sure they'll eventually end up in the hands of Comcast or Time Warner Cable

Missed a lot of the action this weekend, so kinda was skimming through all the pics and such. Not as grotesque a group, as I imagined....jk

I'd bet Papichullo isn't white either.
Ding ding ding!

YL2r2LT.png

Me with the saxophonist from Big Gigantic (if you like/can tolerate electronic music and haven't seen them, highly recommend)

Cool that Kung Fu Rabbit has a new list.

Hotline Miami PS4 has a shared list. :whistle2:( Probably won't bother playing it again, though it does seem like fun to stream.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/hotline-miami/243830-hotline-miami-coming-ps4-month.html#post4651787
I played in exclusively on Vita, just because I thought it would be too hard to target well without the touch screen. Will probably just hold of for Hotline Miami 2, if there's no new trophies for the PS4 version.

<Google Fiber Locations>
Probably will be moving to Charlotte soon, so that map makes me happy. They have Time Warner down there, which is going to be Comcast eventually, so would be nice to have a good alternative.

Charlotte is becoming the CAG PSN player hub of the SE it seems.  I think the metro area here is over 2 times as large, and I do not know of another person in this thread from the area.

As some of you guys know, I'm no longer doing the trophy competitions on pstrophies.org. One of my former team mates who I met via CAG, Warner1281, is looking for a couple people to fill out a team to keep going. So if you are a member over there that meets the requirements (which includes not gamesharing or having anyone else play on your profile along with post count numbers on that site) and are interested in competing, let him know. He has the same username on both sites and on PSN.

He is looking for people interested in competing to win. I think he wants people that could do around 500 trophies per month.
Thanks for the shout-out Gator. Yes, definitely looking for anyone that's interested in the competition and wants to win. 500 a month would be awesome, but my standards aren't quite that high (looking for someone that can hit 500-1000 over the 2 month competition). Just shoot me a PM here, on PSN, or at playstationtrophies. Just needing one final teammate at this point!

You guys are lucky that Google is coming to you... free internet if you pay one time fee of $300 for 7 years of internet, 80 for gigabit internet, and $120 for gigabit internet, cable including box, and a nexus tablet that is used as the remote...

My Comcast distrust will always continue, it can get even worse if you do a little research regarding Fiber Internet and Google.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-cable-companies-are-keeping-you-from-enjoying-fiber-2014-6

That for instance, Comcast has agreements all over with governments to not allow the fiber to be opened up to the public, making it impossible for Google to branch out like they want.

Oh and cities that have Google fiber are seeing the lowest prices for Comcast that they have to offer, crazy what competition does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Portland just approved Google Fiber a month or so ago. Unfortunately they're only coming to -just- Portland, not the Metro area.

(I work in Portland, but don't live there)

Slightly surprising they agreed to a deal here, what with all the concerns about 'broadband inequality' and the fiber boxes being put up destroying the asthetic beauty of the city. (They're not organic or sustainable!)

Good to know, I just threw it on my Vita.
Just be aware that there's not a complete trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org. The trophies list appears to be complete but I noticed the walkthrough is missing the Finish Him! trophy for winning a battle with Scorpion. It's also missing Bring It On, which you get for searching for an Adhoc Match--you don't need to find one, just search for one to trip it. Not sure if there's anything else missing.

Just be aware that there's not a complete trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org. The trophies list appears to be complete but I noticed the walkthrough is missing the Finish Him! trophy for winning a battle with Scorpion. It's also missing Bring It On, which you get for searching for an Adhoc Match--you don't need to find one, just search for one to trip it. Not sure if there's anything else missing.
Did there really need to be a guide to tell you how to do those?

You guys are lucky that Google is coming to you... free internet if you pay one time fee of $300 for 7 years of internet, 80 for gigabit internet, and $120 for gigabit internet, cable including box, and a nexus tablet that is used as the remote...

My Comcast distrust will always continue, it can get even worse if you do a little research regarding Fiber Internet and Google.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-cable-companies-are-keeping-you-from-enjoying-fiber-2014-6

That for instance, Comcast has agreements all over with governments to not allow the fiber to be opened up to the public, making it impossible for Google to branch out like they want.

Oh and cities that have Google fiber are seeing the lowest prices for Comcast that they have to offer, crazy what competition does.
You are misunderstanding things with this a bit. Google does not even use government owned physical facilities when they install service in an area. They *might* lease space in government owned conduits, but would not be using government owned fiber. They only need to be able to legally use the government owned right of way to run the fiber for their own network (either via conduit in the ground or on above ground poles like we have in the south). That article is not written well, so I can understand why you had that impression.

There are municipalities that have laws that would not allow Google to create their own network, and that is the real issue in terms of them competing with the local monopolies. The other issue that the article tries (and fails, IMO) to point out is that the municipalities contracted themselves out of being able to provide services to their locations themselves.

Saw this and thought "Hmm....you look pretty white to me. Maybe you're very light skinned Hispanic."

Then did additional research on Big Gigantic and now I understand the "ding ding ding" part.
Haha thats hilarious. Flattering though, thinking he's famous. He probably still won't send you dick pics though.

Also in Injustice the "Get More Closet Space" trophy is glitched. There are two trophies for unlocking costumes; one for unlocking a single costume, the second for unlocking them all. Unlocking a single costume gets you both the single costume bronze and the all-costumes silver. The completion percentage of psnprofiles is 44.37% for both.  :D/

Well I am glad now Sony stopped us from getting EA access... it isn't what people thought it was...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-access-limits-xbox-ones-madden-15-early-access-/1100-6421790/

Every one was killing me in the access thread when I brought up that it was only going to be trails of games and not the whole thing and low and behold, Madden is only a trial!!! Not worth it to me at all!
Haha 6 hours, that's pretty lame. Sure is a big difference from "play the game up to 5 days before release" or whatever they were saying.

Did there really need to be a guide to tell you how to do those?
Didn't say it did. I just meant that following the guide isn't going to get you all the trophies. Looks like the guide is for the base version and doesn't include Ultimate Edition content and the associated trophies. Just something to be aware of, is all.

You are misunderstanding things with this a bit. Google does not even use government owned physical facilities when they install service in an area. They *might* lease space in government owned conduits, but would not be using government owned fiber. They only need to be able to legally use the government owned right of way to run the fiber for their own network (either via conduit in the ground or on above ground poles like we have in the south). That article is not written well, so I can understand why you had that impression.

There are municipalities that have laws that would not allow Google to create their own network, and that is the real issue in terms of them competing with the local monopolies. The other issue that the article tries (and fails, IMO) to point out is that the municipalities contracted themselves out of being able to provide services to their locations themselves.
No I know that... it is completely different here than what the story was detailing, was just an example. The law here is that a vote would have to pass to allow Google to lay their fiber, and Google didn't want to go through that because Comcast has pretty much stated they would fight. So it wasn't worth it. We are getting Centry link Fiber soon, but they are charging a minimum $150 for just the fiber!

Simply saying I can find other articles that are written better, but it really is the other companies that are making it hard for Google to expand because of competition, good for Comcast, bad for us.

No I know that... it is completely different here than what the story was detailing, was just an example. The law here is that a vote would have to pass to allow Google to lay their fiber, and Google didn't want to go through that because Comcast has pretty much stated they would fight. So it wasn't worth it. We are getting Centry link Fiber soon, but they are charging a minimum $150 for just the fiber!

Simply saying I can find other articles that are written better, but it really is the other companies that are making it hard for Google to expand because of competition, good for Comcast, bad for us.
OK, I dont disagree with the premise of what you are saying at all. With that article and how you worded your post after it made me believe you thought they had to use the government facilities for the service.

Good luck getting anything through regarding this in Colorado. That is where cable TV was first invented. All the cable companies dump a ton of money into CableLabs in Lousiville. Whatever they want in that state, they are very likely to get.

Since I work for a fiber to the home equipment manufacturer and previously for a cable voice and data equipment manufacturer, I know more about all this than I wish I did.

Yeah Google Fiber would be sweet. I don't think it's really up and running yet in Provo. If it is, I haven't heard much about it.

And Google Fiber would not at all make up for having to live in Provo.
and actually, I just found out that provo is getting a new price, it only costs $30 to have fiber installed, so for $30, you get internet for 7 years.

Saw this and thought "Hmm....you look pretty white to me. Maybe you're very light skinned Hispanic."

Then did additional research on Big Gigantic and now I understand the "ding ding ding" part.
Haha, yeah. After I posted, I was going to go back and specify I was on the right, but figured the confusion could be funny.

Big Gigantic is "famous"?
In the sense that people pay them 10's of thousands of dollars to perform. I would say yes.

OK, I dont disagree with the premise of what you are saying at all. With that article and how you worded your post after it made me believe you thought they had to use the government facilities for the service.

Good luck getting anything through regarding this in Colorado. That is where cable TV was first invented. All the cable companies dump a ton of money into CableLabs in Lousiville. Whatever they want in that state, they are very likely to get.

Since I work for a fiber to the home equipment manufacturer and previously for a cable voice and data equipment manufacturer, I know more about all this than I wish I did.
I know... it is extremely sad for me. And the biggest thing is Comcast has also spent money on keeping this out of the media and most people around here don't seem to care or get educated. so I feel as though, unless the federal government gets involved with internet and the whole cable fiasco, we will not be allowed to go near Google.

You would think with that shitty a screen the battery life would be better. I have an XL and I swear my launch Vita's battery lasts longer than my XL. I'm down to 2 games to play on the 3DS...if nothing else launches soon that I'm interested in I'm going to sell it and not look back. Really hope Nintendo ups their game for the next handheld but they haven't learned yet, not sure they ever will.
If you decide to sell it before Sept. 15, I'd be interested. My son broke his and I'm planning on getting him a new one for his bday.

I am surprised you are in the right demographic age range to think she is hot.

I am wondering how I never even knew she was in Gilmore Girls since I am a fan of hers.
I was surprised a bit too. I think she's good looking, but not all that hot normally. Maybe I am not giving her enough street cred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back