PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the woman she replaced: Lesley-Ann Brandt

MV5BMTY3ODE4NDQ0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA5OTA2OA@@._V1_SY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Eh, not really my type.

That Natalie Dormer from tudors/GoT is crazy hot. but then I just looked her up on google image. apparently she got a haircut for the new mockingjay hunger games movie. im all for freaky chics, but i cant stand shaved heads on girls. why?!!

tumblr_n0ch313tlh1qgblfmo1_250.png
444d507688d80cbddcc6ffc42589090b.jpg
Are either of these photos actually photos? They look like paintings. So smooth and perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
K, October challenge info is in the OP. Make sure to read it as there have been some changes. Also I'll answer a few other FAQ questions here as well, let me know if I miss anything or there's anything else you want to know.

• You have to get the 100% in one version of the game. You can't have 6 trophies in the PS4 version and 5 trophies in the Vita version. All 11 have to be earned in one version of the game.
  • You still have to PM me to win.
  • Tournament starts tomorrow, as soon as you can get your hands on the game you're welcome to start. Tournament ends October 31st, you cannot win, get 2nd, 3rd, etc. after that date.
  • Related, the Velocity 2X tournament is now CLOSED. There will be no 5th place awarded.
  • NEW RULE! You must have your PSN card in your CAG signature to be eligible to win. If you absolutely refuse to do this or are unable to do this, you need to PM both myself and Vigilante and we will go through the steps of verifying your identity privately.
  • Please register, it's fun to know how many people are competing. You register by answering YES in the current pole. Registration is not mandatory.
  • Munkywawa has been awarded 3 points for his PixelJunk 2nd lap victory
  • TheCAGChampIsHere IS allowed to compete still. His identity has been verified by me and he is eligible to win if he wants to.
For games that can be completed in one day and don't require much skill, it might be a good idea to have the winner decided by actual time it takes them to beat it from when they first started the game. Otherwise, everyone participating is basically forced to marathon it as soon as it hits the store that day. People that have to work late or have prior commitments for that evening are pretty much fucked.

[quote name="tylerh1701" post="12142149" timestamp="1412627258"]Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't understand why CAG likes to randomly not post some pictures for some people. I was hoping to try and solve the mystery.[/quote]

One thing I've noticed is Tapatalk doesn't show pictures if the link is an https (as opposed to http). But I think those show up on the CAG website. Still, it could be some issue with the form of the link.

GatorBeerGeek, on 06 Oct 2014 - 1:04 PM, said:GatorBeerGeek, on 06 Oct 2014 - 1:04 PM, said:
Then the answer is no. You can not play PS3 games on it. Vita games that are compatible (which includes a list of PS1 games and possibly PS2) and you can remote play PS4 games on it.
More to the point, I was curious if you'd still have to pay to use your PS+ games using Playstation Now, but it looks like you will.

Blah. I was briefly excited about it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

^^^
I've decided to preemptively laugh at all the following posts on this page.

vvv

More to the point, I was curious if you'd still have to pay to use your PS+ games using Playstation Now, but it looks like you will.

Blah. I was briefly excited about it.
Why would you need to PS Now a Plus game?

Edit: Are you getting PS Now and Remote Play for Vita TV mixed up maybe?

For games that can be completed in one day and don't require much skill, it might be a good idea to have the winner decided by actual time it takes them to beat it from when they first started the game. Otherwise, everyone participating is basically forced to marathon it as soon as it hits the store that day. People that have to work late or have prior commitments for that evening are pretty much fucked.
We've chatted about that before, and it's a possibility, but

A) Can't start and end times be manipulated by changing the time on your PS3/PS4/Vita?

B) Not as much fun waiting til the end of the month to crown a winner because you never know when someone is going to post a better time.

C) Benefits those that wait til the end of the month to start. More guides available by then and already know the times they need to beat. Almost everyone would do this.

D) Instead of rewarding those with free time on Tuesdays, it rewards those who have the largest chunk of uninterrupted free time. Neither of those are what this challenge is about.

E) Encourages binge playing, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Ultimately, the goal is to NOT choose games that can be completed in just one day. That's why we're not doing Dust this month, it's just too easy and would just benefit those who have the most free time Tuesday and Wednesday. Using your method it would work a little better, but who the fuck wants to play Dust (or any game) for 12 straight hours. Doing that may prove something about people, but it sure wouldn't prove any sort of talent or ability.

Guess I need to start watching Spartacus.
You have no idea...

1365838185723.gif

The seasons have subtitles instead of numbers so the order you should watch them in is the production order.

Blood and Sand -> Gods of the Arena (Prequel with spoilers for season 1 at the beginning and end of the season) -> Vengeance -> War of the Damned.

Because the only PS3 games I "have" are through PS+. I sold my Vita as well. Remote play never really engaged me until PS4.
So you sold your PS3, and are looking for another way to play those games then. May as well just bite the bullet and grab a cheap PS3 if you really want to play them.

You demand pics an awful lot for someone who supposedly isn't allow to show pics of FWB...
Yeah, because you guys aren't under and NDA like I am.

I'll show you a pic of the girl I one night standed with, I'm not under an NDA there.

Still waiting for matt's pics that for sure don't exist, too.

We've chatted about that before, and it's a possibility, but

A) Can't start and end times be manipulated by changing the time on your PS3/PS4/Vita?

B) Not as much fun waiting til the end of the month to crown a winner because you never know when someone is going to post a better time.

C) Benefits those that wait til the end of the month to start. More guides available by then and already know the times they need to beat. Almost everyone would do this.

D) Instead of rewarding those with free time on Tuesdays, it rewards those who have the largest chunk of uninterrupted free time. Neither of those are what this challenge is about.

E) Encourages binge playing, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Ultimately, the goal is to NOT choose games that can be completed in just one day. That's why we're not doing Dust this month, it's just too easy and would just benefit those who have the most free time Tuesday and Wednesday. Using your method it would work a little better, but who the fuck wants to play Dust (or any game) for 12 straight hours. Doing that may prove something about people, but it sure wouldn't prove any sort of talent or ability.
A) No they cant, it is the time it gets from when you connect to PSN.

B) You could limit the time frame to a week instead of a month.

C) See B

D) No matter the current format or this one, it does the same here IMO.

E) If you don't think it does now, then Im not sure what contest you were watching last month.

With that said, I dont see any issue with how it is setup now. I just dont think any of those reasons hold water.

A) No they cant, it is the time it gets from when you connect to PSN.

B) You could limit the time frame to a week instead of a month.

C) See B

D) No matter the current format or this one, it does the same here IMO.

E) If you don't think it does now, then Im not sure what contest you were watching last month.

With that said, I dont see any issue with how it is setup now. I just dont think any of those reasons hold water.
Week instead of a month is a good idea. And I really don't think what we're doing now encourages binge playing nearly as much? Vig, what was your longest straight amount of time you played V2X? Others feel free to chime in as well.

Pretty sure "knocking it out and getting a maximum return" isn't the point of gaming.

It's not the quanity of time I'm surprised at, it's the direction it's focused in.

i'm really surprised someone would spend $60 for something and then try to wring all enjoyment from it within 72 hours.
Because if they can get it knocked out it's basically a rental. Again, why does it matter to you how they enjoy their gaming?

People play games differently and for different reasons... are we really going down the road of "my way of playing games is better than yours" again? Keep that bullshit out of here.

Week instead of a month is a good idea. And I really don't think what we're doing now encourages binge playing nearly as much? Vig, what was your longest straight amount of time you played V2X? Others feel free to chime in as well.
Hmm...maybe 3-4 hours? I was pretty obsessed with just playing it for the trophies, though, not so much with winning the challenge.

Seriously. What the fuck. fuck you Ubisoft.

Ubisoft is intentionally holding the PS4 version of AC Unity back so that both consoles can have "graphical parity" at 900p/30fps.

Black Flag was 1080p on PS4, so clearly they have no problem actually hitting 1080 on PS4 if they wanted to.

Man that's bullshit. I'm not a graphics whore or anything, but this is basically retarding the growth and development of this generation of consoles. I'm not generally a fan of impeding the development and evolution of anything that has positive influences on the world. Like technology. What else are Ubisoft going to hold back from other PS4 games because they can't make it work on the X1? Why should Sony be punished for putting out a superior console?

fuck you Ubisoft and fuck you MS.
The new Microsoft purchasing strategy:

Paying developers for console parity on game performance.

Ironic Facebook Likes crack me. This was a good chance for that since it wasn't someone he knew personally, but it was still a pretty morbid story.
http://youtu.be/oZv47C1Hjio

Poor quality video, but yeah, Facebook should allow you to disable the like option sometimes.

Rumor is today was gonna be the dude's last day before retiring (don't feel like finding a simpsons gif or video after doing all that work for the family guy one), but it was one of those situations where they basically force you to retire so they don't have to fire you. Who the fuck likes their job that much? Or any amount over "a little bit"?

Spartacus is a sweet show if you are able to check it out. Takes a few episodes to get you going but that first season is incredible. Unfortunately the lead actor died of cancer after that season and the guy that they got to replace him never felt quite right to me. But still pretty great despite that.

Poor quality video, but yeah, Facebook should allow you to disable the like option sometimes.

Rumor is today was gonna be the dude's last day before retiring (don't feel like finding a simpsons gif or video after doing all that work for the family guy one), but it was one of those situations where they basically force you to retire so they don't have to fire you. Who the fuck likes their job that much? Or any amount over "a little bit"?
The dude may have hated his job. He could have been in crazy debt and knew he was up against it after losing his job. Could be as simple as getting the insurance money (yes I know some policies may not pay out for suicide, but some do).

You never know the real reason for anyone committing suicide unless they leave a note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back