PSN Sale 9/7-9/13

Hunter_Silver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
PSN Sale:
Resident Evil 5: Untold Stories Bundle – Sale (now $5.99, original price $12.49)
Wolf Of The Battlefield: Commando 3 – Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Hero Of Sparta – Minis – Sale (now $0.99, original price $6.99)

PS+:
Warhawk Game Trial (Free and Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
Warhawk: Booster Combo (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
Warhawk Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
UFC Undisputed 2010 – TUF Fighter DLC Pack (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Demo (Early Access to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
Blast Off – Minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
Mystical Fractals Theme (Free and Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
Ratchet & Clank Dynamic Theme (PlayStation Plus Price $1.50, regular price $2.99)

Is this normal for when "PSN Sales" come out?

Story: Ok so way back I buy Trine for $14.99, the next week or 2 it drops to $9.99 with a PSN sale. I was a little disappointed, but I love the game and happy to support it, it's just $5 oh well. Well today I check my wallet and there is $5 in it. I didn't buy stuff from PSN, nor add codes. They charged my CC $15, but they later refunded $5 to my wallet? That's really cool

Not sure if that's normal, as I've only ever bought 2 things off PSN

You might have just forgotten you have $5 on it. I don't think that happens although I've never been in a situation where there was a sale a week after I paid full price on it.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']I think this is one of the biggest flaws with Sony's PSN+ service. There is a disincentive to buy older games or add-ons because you never know if they are going to be offered for free in a month or two. Personally, PSN+ is working out well for me as a service because even though I've had the PS3 since I was able to find one in early '07 and have plenty of disc games, I hadn't really previously purchased any of the PSN games except for a small library during previous $5 sales. I only had PixelJunk Monsters, Shooter, Eden, Cuboid, Everyday Shooter, and the Last Guy.

On the other hand, the combination of the free DLC packs and last week's discounted price did convince me to spend $4.79 on Magic Orbz.[/QUOTE]

Yep, which is why I think they should offer a constant 20% or so discount on all DLC and perhaps even PSN games for PSN+ members. That would serve two purposes. First, it would take away some of that disincentive which is a huge problem - I won't buy anything now at full price because I figure it will be discounted or free at some point. But even with a slight discount I'd be more inclined to do so because chances are at least some of the stuff I bought wouldn't be offered any time soon and I'd make up for any "free" stuff I bought via the discounts on other stuff. But also, it allows people who have previously purchased a lot of PSN games (like me who already had 2 of the 3 "free" PSN games so far) to get some value out of PSN+ and would probably entice more people to sign up.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Is this normal for when "PSN Sales" come out?

Story: Ok so way back I buy Trine for $14.99, the next week or 2 it drops to $9.99 with a PSN sale. I was a little disappointed, but I love the game and happy to support it, it's just $5 oh well. Well today I check my wallet and there is $5 in it. I didn't buy stuff from PSN, nor add codes. They charged my CC $15, but they later refunded $5 to my wallet? That's really cool

Not sure if that's normal, as I've only ever bought 2 things off PSN[/QUOTE]

That is most definitely not normal - they don't give money back when there are sales/free items. If that were the case I'd have like $50 back in my PSN account ;).

[quote name='EvilIA']I though RE5 move was okay. I had already played RE5 so the new controls were different, but I think I would rather play with a controller.

IO, depending on what time last night you might not have seen it because they didn't update until almost 7PM PST.[/QUOTE]

i don't know... i haven't played RE5 move yet, but i absolutely LOVE RE4 on wii compared to the PS2 version. love, love, love. so i think the Move version should have the same improvement, if not better since the Move is more accurate.

[quote name='madbst']You might have just forgotten you have $5 on it. I don't think that happens although I've never been in a situation where there was a sale a week after I paid full price on it.[/QUOTE]

Impossible. I only ever used PSN once, and it was to buy Trine+another game at the same time. I had 0.00 in wallet, so I put in CC info and it auto put that exact amount into my wallet and purchased the 2 games and back to 0.00 in wallet. Since then only reason I loaded up PSN Store was to download free demos.

I really don't know how else I could have $5.00 in my wallet as I've never entered my CC info a 2nd time, or redeemed any codes besides free codes from subway contest. I'll be back-checking my CC statements for sure now.

[quote name='Saablic']That was because Sony is a hardware company so they _used_ to use the download the entire firmware approach to updates. I believe they changed this a little while back. At least I remember reading something and my updates now take a few minutes now. Last night took about 3 minutes to update.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, firmware should update much faster... a recent update changed the way updates work. this most recent update was super fast for me.

RE: Warhawk DLC - it's everything.

RE: PSN+ --- I've yet to get a game i wanted that i didn't already have (i had already bought wipeout, critter crunch, mushroom wars, etc) and so have gotten almost no value out of it... yet i'm still glad i subscribed. i enjoy waiting to see what the updates bring, and even if i already have a game like mushroom wars i'm glad more people are going to get a chance to play it. but i knew going in that the odds of me getting a lot of free games was slim since i already have an extensive psn library. i have been enjoying qore, and the minis have been a nice diversion.

RE: Wallet -- PSN does not refund money based on sales, so... idk? consider it free money, i guess, regardless of whether it's an error on your side or theirs.

Those with PSN+, there's a background auto-update setting. You can configure the PS3 to automatically download updates to your game in the background, so that you should never be left waiting for a game update except on brand new games.

Something I just noticed as a Plus member that just piles another reason why I probably won't resubscribe is it seems we don't get the freebie for being a yearly Qore subscriber. This month is Warhawk (ps1) and I didn't get an email like I usually do with a download code. I guess Plus members are considered monthly Qore viewers rather than yearly. :bomb:

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Never heard of this, is it any fun/good?[/QUOTE]It's a critically acclaimed iPhone game. So going in at a dollar, yeah I'm sure it's worth it. I would have to say it's not worth the original price tag, though.

bread's done
Back