PSN 'Spring Fever' Sale - This Week Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

isofan1

CAGiversary!
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 18th - May 25th

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

[DEAD]

May 11th - May 18th [DEAD]

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle - $24.99
Zuma
Peggle
Bejeweled 2
Heavy Weapon
Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown

Midway Spring Fever Bundle
- $14.99
Mortal Kombat II
Championship Sprint
Gauntlet II
Joust
Rampage World Tour!

May 4th - May 11th [DEAD]

Warhawk (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - $14.99 (reg. price $29.99)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Cold Front (PS3) - $7.49 (reg. price $14.99)

April 29nd - May 4 [DEAD]

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (PS3) (Bundle) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)
PixelJunk Racers (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $6.99)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Monsters (PS3) - $4.99 (regular price $9.99)
PixelJunk Shooter (PS3) -$4.99 (regular price $9.99)

April 22nd - April 29 [DEAD]

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty - $7.49 (reg. $14.99)
Revenge of the Wounded Dragons - $4.99 (reg. $9.99)

April 15th - April 22nd [DEAD]

WipEout HD (PS3) - $9.99 (regular price $19.99)

April 8th - April 15tH [DEAD]

KILLZONE 2 DLC
Napalm & Cordite - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Thunder Pack - $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Steel & Titanium $3.99 (regular price, $5.99 each)
Killzone 2 Bundle Pack DLC - $7.99 (regular price $11.99)

KILLZONE: Liberation (PSP) - $9.99 (regular price $15.99)

April 1st - April 8th [DEAD]

echochrome (PS3) on sale for $4.99
(original price $9.99)
echoshift (PSP) on sale for $7.49 (original price $14.99)

March 25th - April 1st [DEAD]

Gravity Crash (PS3) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)
Everyday Shooter (PS3/PSP) - $4.99
(original price $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing for me, but it does look my suspicion has been confirmed. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier has a new MSRP of $19.99. ...Now it just needs to keep dropping.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Anybody think the Uncharted comic is worth the $2.49? I can't see why it wouldn't be....but you never know. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

i think it is. it's only $2.49 and comes with 2 free multiplayer skins. by the way it's the prequel to uncharted 1 and explores some of drake's back story. I also thought it was done very well, the story is great and well told.

This is a great sale it has DLC, PSP, soundtracks and PSN games for great prices. Time to pick up a few $20 PSN cards.

Yes cuboid is fun game, you get a very challenging game (if your a puzzle freak), a puzzles editor, and you can download user created puzzles. At its regular price of $9.99 the game is a bargain, for $4.99 its a cheapass bargain.

To the dude above me: Swords & Sworcery looks amazing. :)

Thanks for the update on the sale. I picked up some of the permanent price drop games. Patapon 2, LocoRoco 2 and Buzz were all awesome deals. Killzone: Liberation is a pretty nice isometric shooter. Well worth the $10.

[quote name='anticulture']To the dude above me: Swords & Sworcery looks amazing. :)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, been a longtime Superbrothers fan so I'm looking forward to the release of the EP.

[quote name='anticulture']To the dude above me: Swords & Sworcery looks amazing. :)
.[/QUOTE]

Just read this, checked it out, and wow I am impressed!

[quote name='isofan1']i think it is. it's only $2.49 and comes with 2 free multiplayer skins. by the way it's the prequel to uncharted 1 and explores some of drake's back story. I also thought it was done very well, the story is great and well told.[/QUOTE]

If you are a fan of the series or want the multiplayer skins, Ya. I got it and I cant complain for spending 2.50 on it.

hmm, normally don't care about multiplayer map packs but might pick up the combo pack for Killzone 2 at this price, just to get 100% of trophies... and Killzone Liberation for $9.99? Hmm...

on hard mushroom wars kills you. no joke. tmnt still not worth it :) I remember sinking quarter after quarter in that arcade game at pizza hut with my buddies when we had birthday parties. that and the simpsons game, we loved those 4 player games, but looking back they were so horrible :)

I just made a new thread as well, but...

For those of you who prefer UMDs to downloadables, Amazon currently has Killzone Liberation for $10.82, Jak & Daxter for $19.79, and Avatar for $19.99.

Also, I noticed Secret Agent Clank for $10.75 sold by NYC but fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for FSSS.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']hmm, normally don't care about multiplayer map packs but might pick up the combo pack for Killzone 2 at this price, just to get 100% of trophies... and Killzone Liberation for $9.99? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way, I only care about 100% games I really like and Killzone 2 is one of them. Add me on PSN, my ID is gettinmoney662, and we can get some people together to play on those maps.

Picked up Turtles In Time. I spent $3 on the original TMNT for XBLA, so $5 for TMNT:TiT that I can share and play with my broke ass friends is more than worth it to me.

I'm down for killzone 2 mappack boosting also :) Velo214
~also dizee quit being such a douche. delete all your spam posts or your account off of kashless. don't make cag look bad while you spam junk posts all over my stl kashless site. douche.
wow, does anyone know this dizee guy from Cag? he lives in stl and he seems to be a major douche loser. He is a blight on the cag community and giving everyone here a bad name. I wish we had a kick/report button so that we could keep this site cleaner. oh well, guess he is the first to go on my ignore list.

Such a shame they can't make PSP games playable on the PS3, lots of those games I've love to purchase/play but can't justify a second portable system.

I have a feeling Fat Princess won't make the cut on this deal.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Such a shame they can't make PSP games playable on the PS3, lots of those games I've love to purchase/play but can't justify a second portable system.[/QUOTE]

Sony certainly has access to the talent necessary to emulate a PSP on the PS3, and the hardware wouldn't break a sweat doing it. Upscaling would be included and the games would look great. (Spoiler..sarcasm next) But where's the profit in that?

[quote name='guardian_owl']Such a shame they can't make PSP games playable on the PS3, lots of those games I've love to purchase/play but can't justify a second portable system.[/QUOTE]

Emulating PSP games on the PS3 would destroy what little PSP sales Sony still has. That system has a ridiculous piracy rate.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Emulating PSP games on the PS3 would destroy what little PSP sales Sony still has. That system has a ridiculous piracy rate.[/QUOTE]

It does, but your conclusion is speculative. The PS3 is still essentially secure. (How long that lasts is also speculation.) Anyone that wanted to play certain PSP games on their PS3 without buying another piece of hardware would have to pony up. Gaming hardware only exists to help sell software. And accessories.

They should make PSP games playable on PS3 after PSP dies. Then they can sell more games and more PS3's. But if PSP2 is BC then they're better off not doing that because they'll want PSP2 to sell well of course. Thus, it will probably never happen unless PSP2 is not BC or PSP2 sells well and PS3 does not from here on out.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Emulating PSP games on the PS3 would destroy what little PSP sales Sony still has. That system has a ridiculous piracy rate.[/QUOTE]

How would opening up the games to millions of new customers destroy sales? If anything, it'd help software sales. Hardware sales are unlikely to be affected much, and it's not like they're any good to begin with in the U.S. Sony would be wise to make a free PSP emulator for the PS3 and include it in a future firmware update.

[quote name='AznKid']I have a feeling Fat Princess won't make the cut on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'd be pretty shocked if it wasn't included. It's the only major PSN title over three months old that's never been discounted and there are several weeks of sale left.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm the same way, I only care about 100% games I really like and Killzone 2 is one of them. Add me on PSN, my ID is gettinmoney662, and we can get some people together to play on those maps.[/QUOTE]

Add me to my ID is Chemshock. I just bought all the maps.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Can I play Patapon 2 having not played the original?

Think I'll grab that and LocoRoco 2[/QUOTE]

Patapon 1 was alright game. Its little complicated, but I highly recommend LocoRoco 2.

[quote name='doodofdoods']How would opening up the games to millions of new customers destroy sales? If anything, it'd help software sales. Hardware sales are unlikely to be affected much, and it's not like they're any good to begin with in the U.S. Sony would be wise to make a free PSP emulator for the PS3 and include it in a future firmware update.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a huge risk to PSP sales, especially getting retailers to stock PSP and especially to UMD, making PSP shelf space even smaller than it already is.

[quote name='J7.']I think it's a huge risk to PSP sales, especially getting retailers to stock PSP and especially to UMD, making PSP shelf space even smaller than it already is.[/QUOTE]

That's what offering the games on PSN in the first place has done. Expanding psn psp games to the PS3 isn't going to affect retail sales much, but it has the potential to increase overall software sales significantly.

[quote name='doodofdoods']That's what offering the games on PSN in the first place has done. Expanding psn psp games to the PS3 isn't going to affect retail sales much, but it has the potential to increase overall software sales significantly.[/QUOTE]

Yes and to go further has the chances of putting a big hurt on PSP at retail and on PSP hardware. Hardware sales are not good, software sales are terrible. Not many people will buy PSP games for play exclusively on PS3. Sure we have interest but the avg PS3 owner would not. Most people who would buy a PSP game for play on PS3 would be people who own both systems and even then most would prefer to get it on UMD. I just don't think it's worth the risk right now.

OMG Mushroom Wars is a must buy! 5 bucks...cheap as hell. Its like a lite PixelJunk Monsters but with its own challenge! DL demo if you want a taste.

I bought Mushroom Wars for five dollars and have been very pleased with it. At this rate I nearly have as many PSN titles as I do PS3.

[quote name='darknight88']OMG Mushroom Wars is a must buy! 5 bucks...cheap as hell. Its like a lite PixelJunk Monsters but with its own challenge! DL demo if you want a taste.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I DL'd the demo and purchased it 5 minutes later. Thanks.

For those that don't quite realize, PixelJunk Monsters is a tower defense game and Mushroom Wars is like a real time strategy game.

[quote name='ck76']I bought Mushroom Wars for five dollars and have been very pleased with it. At this rate I nearly have as many PSN titles as I do PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting there. I have I think 20 Psn games and like 55 ps3 games

I don't think it would. They would get a whole new market being people who don't have a psp and it will be on a system that has yet to have any pirating on it.

Maybe if they released the games in waves, like the games that came out when the psp first came out first, I mean these are games no one is still buying anyways. And then put like a 6 or 7 month exclusive rights on the current psp games for when the sales start to go down they can pick them right back up again. It would allow people without a psp to play the games and the people with a psp to play them months before anyone on the ps3.

I would buy chains of olympus in a second if they released it. I'm sure they aren't selling very many copies now. I guarantee if they brought it out they would sell a few hundred thousand more.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Is TMNT worth getting for $5? I know it got pretty mediocre reviews.[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth it for $5, it was panned by gamers and reviewers alike when it came out. I bought just to keep the nieces and nephews busy when they visit, and from wanting to get their little grubby hands on my actual discs. :cool:
The game is pretty short can be beaten in 45 minutes or less depending on the difficulty level.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Is TMNT worth getting for $5? I know it got pretty mediocre reviews.[/QUOTE]

There should be a demo available. I did not like it, and wouldn't recommend it.

[quote name='gordojones88']Okay, I DL'd the demo and purchased it 5 minutes later. Thanks.

For those that don't quite realize, PixelJunk Monsters is a tower defense game and Mushroom Wars is like a real time strategy game.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I recommend everyone to give the demo a try at least! Trust me I aint a PR guy but fell in love with the game after playing the first 3 demo levels. This is a must buy if you like Pixel Junk Monsters, which I love but am waiting for a deal on the game+DLC. :( (played it at friend's place)

For $5, you cant go wrong. I will try some other Creat game demos and see how they play, might buy the other puzzle game, Cubiod or something.

[quote name='darknight88']This is a must buy if you like Pixel Junk Monsters, which I love but am waiting for a deal on the game+DLC. :( (played it at friend's place) [/QUOTE]

God, tell me about it. I bought a PS3 when it had already been released, and I've been waiting for a discount ever since. It'll be 2 years when E3 comes around, and I'm still waiting...

[quote name='gamerdogbert']God, tell me about it. I bought a PS3 when it had already been released, and I've been waiting for a discount ever since. It'll be 2 years when E3 comes around, and I'm still waiting...[/QUOTE]

Really? You've been waitin 2 years for a discount on a $10 game with $7 DLC? Even though you already missed a sale, just bite the bullet already, it's a little more than 2 hours of minimum wage work.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Really? You've been waitin 2 years for a discount on a $10 game with $7 DLC? Even though you already missed a sale, just bite the bullet already, it's a little more than 2 hours of minimum wage work.[/QUOTE]

If I was anxious to play it, then yes I would buy it. But I have a backlog of over 1000 games that I've already purchased but haven't had time to play yet, so I don't buy games until they go on a deal. I simply keep a wish list of all the games that interest me and check the prices for drops every night when I get home from work (where I make $22 an hour, BTW)

[quote name='Duncanzits']why are you posting here then go play your games lol[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah... But I only have 30 mins from when I get home until I go to bed, and I use that time to check CAG and review my wish list. And now, I'm going to bed, for I have to drive 30 mins to Best Buy tomorrow to try to price match TRU's "buy SC:C & get $40 off Bioshock 2" deal, then drive back 75 mins the opposite direction to get to work... #-o

I definitely wouldn't purchase anything from PSN at full price until the sale is over. Didn't like TMNT, but opinion on it is so divided anyone wondering about it should just play the demo.

bread's done
Back